Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2068

• Page

of 2704 First / Last

• Deleted user 12 January 2013 22:05:52
    Iron Lady

Decent. Actually a subtle look at the pains of losing a loved one and dementia rather than a film about maggie. If anything the overview of her life sort of detracted from that story. It difficult, if you are going to make a film about her, you want some sort of say on her controversial career, but it was sort of tacked on, but gave a decent build up of her character. Top performances though and the film was nothing short of engaging.

6/10
  • Deleted user 12 January 2013 22:07:36
    Rens11 wrote:
    Senna

Being only 5 when Senna died I never got to appreciate what a driver he was. After watching him race he is in a class of his own; superb

9/10
    loved this. I say this everytime it comes up, but i find the last bit so hard to watch. As soon as the imola title comes up i have to pause it, and pace around the room. its horrible.
  • King_Edward 12 Jan 2013 22:27:04 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Marquis (1989)

I saw a clip of this online and had try watch it (Youtube yay \o/).

It's weird. The Marquis (de sade) is locked up for having pooped on a crucifix, and is spending his time writing grotesque erotica and chatting with his penis Colin.

All the actors are wearing animal masks that represent their characters, including a dog, a goat, a cow, a chicken and (i think) a rapey weasel. It's all in French which probably gives it a bit of class it doesn't deserve, and is kind of funny, and very, very weird.

6/10
  • PING75 12 Jan 2013 22:58:46 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DRIVE (2011)

If you've not seen it already, you must go watch it now. You can catch it on Netflix. Awesome soundtrack, excellent film.

97%
  • megastar 12 Jan 2013 23:41:08 17,132 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Watch 7/10

I'm sure this is probably shit but me and the mrs had a right giggle after a few bottles of wine. Some nice one liners!
  • Deleted user 12 January 2013 23:44:18
    Rampart not bothered

Man. Expected a lot more from this. So boring. So very very boring. Not one redeeming feature.
  • Pinky_Floyd 12 Jan 2013 23:50:56 7,368 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looper.

Mental / 10
  • Sarahshade 13 Jan 2013 00:05:08 139 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Submarine
    8/10, weird but really funny!
    Kind of reminds me of starter for ten meets 500 days of summer!

Edited by Sarahshade at 00:05:30 13-01-2013

Xbox gamertag: Sarah Doherty22
    Steam: Sarahshade1
    3DS: 0903-3840-7897

• gammonbanter 13 Jan 2013 00:41:58 1,486 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Les Miserables 9/10

Logged on half hoping there would be a thread, it's great, any fans in here!?

/prepared for ridicule, mouse hovers over delete account button

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• Deleted user 13 January 2013 00:44:01
    My mum literally just posted her mini review of it on Facebook too.

Conclusion - you just saw Les Mis with my mum.
  • Max_Powers 13 Jan 2013 00:51:31 1,083 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Killer Joe 6/10

Didn't care much for it. The acting is not bad, too bad there isn't one character worth giving a shit about. Finale is very stageplayey, overwrought and childish really.
  • -cerberus- 13 Jan 2013 03:26:59 2,409 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Excision

At times it may feel disjointed and a tad bit too short but, peas and rice, I'm impressed!

*stands & claps*

8.5/10

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Tonka 13 Jan 2013 07:21:26 20,010 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dredd

It want the Dredd that I remember from my youth. You know the one where a goldfish becomes mayor or a judge is walking around in his heart adorned boxers.

But it still worked for me. Probably better than a more faithful Dredd would have done.

It's all gory and gritty and rather silly but it entertained me for the duration.

Worth watching

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Carlo 13 Jan 2013 08:06:41 17,948 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else seen Upside Down?

I liked it but you have to accept the iffy science to.

PSN ID: Djini

• mrpon 13 Jan 2013 09:08:16 28,424 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Woman In Black (UK Netflix)

Harry Potter wanders around a house for a bit with the same expressionless face. No scares.

6/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 13 January 2013 09:39:59
    So exciting, got Lincoln to watch today.
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Jan 2013 09:59:56 16,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Quite a few people who have seen it all said it just made them want to watch LA confidential rather than finish watching the film. Shall still see it though, the cast list is great.
    Heh, we did talk after the film about LA Confidential as that follows on pretty directly (in a manner of speaking) from Gangster Squad. Although my girlfriend had our annual watch of it over the Christmas period anyway. Great Christmas film that it is ;-)

Having read so much Ellroy and seen a few films based on that period I have absolutely no idea what actually happened with Mickey Cohen.

You are a factory of sadness.

• spindle9988 13 Jan 2013 11:07:39 3,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dredd

7/10

I really enjoyed this one even tho the slo mo sposed to be 3d bits feel a bit strange when watching in 2d. Just a good siy gory action film. As said before, my 15 yr old self would of cheered at this film.
  • Deleted user 13 January 2013 12:10:56
    The Hobbit- 10/10

Really enjoyed being back in the world again. The riddles scene was brilliant. Seen in twice now in the cinema and I preferred the 3d version.

Skyfall- 9/10

My Favourite Bond. Javier Bardem was great.

Cabin In the Woods- 6/10

Quite good fun, just a bit shit really.

The woman In Black- 5/10

Felt like a film made for tv.
  • TechnoHippy 13 Jan 2013 13:33:37 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Contraband

Quite an entertaining smuggling yarn.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Trowel 13 Jan 2013 14:25:33 17,425 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    gammonbanter wrote:
    Les Miserables 9/10

Logged on half hoping there would be a thread, it's great, any fans in here!?

/prepared for ridicule, mouse hovers over delete account button
    Just got back from seeing it - really enjoyed it on the whole, but the obvious problem is length, where it can feel overcooked without a break (especially as the Revolution doesn't get going). Not really getting all the love for Hathaway, Crowe doesn't stop looking like he walked onto the wrong set, but Jackman is brilliant.
  • Tom_Servo 13 Jan 2013 14:31:20 17,291 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Day of the Jackal - 6/10

Was alright.
  • beastmaster 13 Jan 2013 14:33:19 11,155 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Sweeney - 2/10

A film that is so awful, that everyone associated with it should get nicked by the real flying squad, put behind bars and then have the key thrown away.

On paper is sounds like a potentially decent idea. Get 'ardman Winstone and team him up with Plan B and do a film version of the terrific TV series for the modern generation. Thrown in Damian Lewis from Homeland and what could possibly go wrong?

Everything is the answer. The acting is truly awful from everyone involved, especially from Plan B. He manages to produce two kinds of emotion. The "I'm a cheeky chappy" and the initial stages of processing being on the receiving end of "It's not you, it's me" dumping. I can feel your pain Mr. B. Only watching this is much, much worse.

The plot is not really worth going into. I went into some trance like snooze whilst watching the climatic shootout and woke up when the end credits were on. Don't know how it ended and I don't even care to find out.

The only person of any note in this film is Hayley Atwell (Captain America). She plays a bit of a goer and one of the flying squad team. However, not even she can go anywhere near close to saving this film.

Also contains disturbing shots of Winstone in his grunderpants.

J. Edgar - 6.5/10

Clint Eastwood directs in an interesting film about the life of J. Edgar Hoover and the formation of the FBI.

The key word is interesting. It's an above average film that's helped along by a plot whereby you want to know what happens next and some very decent performances.

The plot constantly shifts back and forth in time between old Hoover and young Hoover. It goes though the events of how the FBI was formed and the one key case that solidified it's credibility. It also covers Hoover's gay relationship with Robert Irwin and briefly touches on his transvestite tendencies.

Eastwood is a superb director and he's got great source material here. However, the film is not without it's problems.

I found the make up not that convincing. Sometimes is looks great as they age DiCaprio but most of the time it's just not convincing at all. They would never have done it but they should have got different actors for the older version of themselves. It's very distracting and takes focus away from what's going on.

The film is also a bit flat. Even though it's not the intention but the film comes off like a documentary. The dramatic scenes are not that dramatic and although the story keeps you watching, it never really got me involved in it in any way.

This is the kind of film that would have been much better suited to a TV mini series or a three hour special. It's certainly worth a watch if you happen to stumble across it but I wouldn't suggest you go out of your way to see it.

Gangster Squad - 2/10

This Untouchables wannabe once again proves that The Untouchables is untouchable and falls far, far short from even being a semi-decent gangster film. An early contender for one of the worst films of 2013.

It all seems to be there. A cracking cast, the period setting, the snazzy costumes, the gangsters, the violence, the glamour and the "inspired by true events" statement, which means it's probably nothing at all like what really happened.

The biggest fail in this film is the biblical fail that is Sean Penn. His performance is so ludicrously OTT that it makes the characters in the film Dick Tracy seem positively subdued. It's laughable. I thought he was going to come out of the screen and chew up all the cinema seats. One scene in particular where he "want's everyone dead" echoes the same scene with Robert DeNiro in The Untouchables. The scene in this film is an utter embarrassment and highlights the utter gargantuan gap between these films.

Ah yes, The Untouchables. In this film, a small squad of men go all to take down the big, bad gangster. The team has a sharpshooter, a leader who takes his job over his family, the one who accidentally ends up in the team...Seem familiar?

There's also the music in this film. Even though it probably from the period in question, putting some kind of song and dance number over a shootout is just plain wrong. Again, this is an utter farce and turns it into something comical.

Even if your a big fan of Ryan Gosling or Emma Stone, it's best you stay away from this film. They seem to be sleepwalking through this film.

The film as one thing going for it. Robert Patrick who played the T100 in Terminator 2 steals the film as the sharpshooter. However, this is in no way a recommendation. This film is something of an unintentional farce. Predicable in the extreme, awful performances and badly judged directing decisions make this a film to avoid at all costs.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 2704 First / Last