Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2057

• Page

of 2844 First / Last

• beastmaster 3 Jan 2013 23:13:24 11,803 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Babel is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I'm not even going to go into the reasons why as it's more of a waste of my life than watching V/H/S was.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• RobTheBuilder 3 Jan 2013 23:33:09 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @localnotail black and white images! I'm not into old films. Let's go with the latter wording!

Edited by RobTheBuilder at 23:33:43 03-01-2013
  • localnotail 3 Jan 2013 23:39:34 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "Not into old films" was precisely the reason for my pulling that face. Why cut yourself off from so many classics for colour reasons?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• MrSensible 4 Jan 2013 00:06:34 25,294 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The Adventures of Tintin

I really enjoyed this, I loved the books as a kid and really liked the way the characters were brought to life. Technically it's superb, fairly predictable but I can't see that they could have done much better with the source material except maybe a bit more of the humour.

8/10
    Just watched this myself and bloody loved it! Thought it was absolutely fantastic... not just the animation either, which does deserve praise, but I just really enjoyed the whole thing, was grinning from ear to ear.
  • Dangerous_Dan 4 Jan 2013 00:13:23 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All that black and white talk reminded me,

King Kong - 1933

I like the stop motion animation stuff, it looks better than cheap CGI, maybe even better than great CGI if you have a soft spot for it.
    Of course it's way better than the Peter Jackson remake where I gave up after countless boring minutes or hours? on that ship travelling to Kong land.

Another great bonus is the, how shall I put it, black tribe living with the King on his island. The effect of a giant monkey paw prop trampling the villagers is just hilarious.

8/10

There you go, I cut that scene.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 00:41:04 04-01-2013
  • Dante_Cubit 4 Jan 2013 08:40:32 1,931 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have only seen babel and whilst I respect it for what it is, I wasnt entertained and found it quite boring
    Have to admit, the reason I have not seen Babel is down to the DVD cover. It looks very boring.
    You are everything that is wrong with modern cinema.
  • Dante_Cubit 4 Jan 2013 08:44:00 1,931 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    I've never read the book so have no idea about that.
    To be fair, most people on here never read the books (of a film).

: p
    It is a really imaginative novel with an unusual narrative structure that I think would lose something in translation to film. I'd recommend it to anyone.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 10:26:17
    Dante_Cubit wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have only seen babel and whilst I respect it for what it is, I wasnt entertained and found it quite boring
    Have to admit, the reason I have not seen Babel is down to the DVD cover. It looks very boring.
    It doesn't help though when some companies completely mislead the audience on what there film could be:

This is the Asda LDT edition cover for Berberian sound studio:

• TOOTR 4 Jan 2013 10:37:47 9,644 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand Enemies. And if they catch you, they will kill you.

But first they must catch you.

:). Watership Down is one of my favourite books. Haven't watched the animation for yonks.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Steve_Perry 4 Jan 2013 11:21:34 5,001 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi guys. I'm doing a bit of research for a distributor, and need some news articles. Do you know any decent websites that aren't empire and total film for news and features? AICN is a no no. Ta x

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Tomo 4 Jan 2013 11:26:52 13,964 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Life of Pi - 6/10

It's grown on me since I left the cinema, but I found it a bit dull to be honest. It just made me want to read the book.
  • oceanmotion 4 Jan 2013 11:31:44 16,088 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fight Club 8/10

Wasn't as enjoyable as I remember it and Norton just annoys me now. Pitt is half his waving arms self bordering into his better acting side. Still a good watch and nice to see the moments that allude to the end somewhat fresh.
  • askew 4 Jan 2013 12:19:10 12,576 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Hi guys. I'm doing a bit of research for a distributor, and need some news articles. Do you know any decent websites that aren't empire and total film for news and features? AICN is a no no. Ta x
    Slashfilm and Firstshowing.net perhaps?
  • GuiltySpark 4 Jan 2013 12:30:04 6,461 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dante_Cubit wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    If they can't make the front cover of the DVD appeal to him, why should he buy it?

Get bent.

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 12:32:40
    Because the people that make the cover don't make the film, write it or act in it. The people that made the film will have had no say in the design of the cover, in all likelihood.

Edited by Aargh. at 12:33:16 04-01-2013
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 12:40:20
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Dante_Cubit wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    If they can't make the front cover of the DVD appeal to him, why should he buy it?
    Sure a DVD cover shouldn't stop me from watching a film. Babel the DVD cover dosn't make me go 'oh that looks good.. I want to watch it..'. Babel the DVD cover makes me go 'jees.. that's looks so dull..'
  • spindle9988 4 Jan 2013 12:57:52 3,660 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didnt hate the film and can see why some people would like it. It all depends what reason you are watching it for. I thought it was long and and quite dull. On the other hand I liked the way one object caused multiple stories within. I watched it once about 3 years ago and would never watch it again

The above is not a spoiler by the way
  • evild_edd 4 Jan 2013 15:48:14 3,172 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Attack The Block

Horrible, horrible beginning. The (deliberately over-stereotyped) chavs are disgusting, almost unbearably so for the first twenty minutes or so. They do eventually become less annoying as you realise just how tongue-in-cheek the whole thing is (the kid on the pizza delivery moped, had me chuckling), but I still found it hard work.

The aliens were quite naff as well, switching from total ineptitude one minute to lethal, stealthy, extra-terrestrial ninjas the next. The comedy aspect of the film helped it get away this, mind.

If it hadn't been British, and the fact that the director is best mate with half the nation's critics, I'm sure this wouldn't have scored half as well or got anywhere near the attention lavished on it at release.

5/10

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Khanivor 4 Jan 2013 17:38:57 41,120 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Snow What and the Huntsman - 6.5/10

Despite my initial misgivings, (Kristen Stewart) I really rather enjoyed this. It was overly long but had a lot of imagination. Very good depiction of a bad mushroom trip and the fairy's wood was well cool. The ending also sucked. It would easily be a 7 if that big-nosed, buck-toothed jug-eared piece of wood wasn't in the lead role and it was edited a little more.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 17:41:54
    evild_edd wrote:
    Attack The Block

Horrible, horrible beginning. The (deliberately over-stereotyped) chavs are disgusting, almost unbearably so for the first twenty minutes or so. They do eventually become less annoying as you realise just how tongue-in-cheek the whole thing is (the kid on the pizza delivery moped, had me chuckling), but I still found it hard work.

The aliens were quite naff as well, switching from total ineptitude one minute to lethal, stealthy, extra-terrestrial ninjas the next. The comedy aspect of the film helped it get away this, mind.

If it hadn't been British, and the fact that the director is best mate with half the nation's critics, I'm sure this wouldn't have scored half as well or got anywhere near the attention lavished on it at release.

5/10
    \o/

It was shite, but I would give it 6/10 for what little entertainment value it provided.
  • TOOTR 4 Jan 2013 18:04:26 9,644 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't give Attack the Block a score as I couldn't get past the first 25 mins.

I love that kind of genre but just found it an abrasively noisy mess that I turned off and never felt the compulsion to pick it back up again.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• MadCaddy13 4 Jan 2013 18:15:38 2,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You sure ain't missin much
  • Bananazniper 5 Jan 2013 02:55:07 684 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lincoln 8/10

Yep, excellent film about big Abe. Daniel Day Lewis is Abraham Lincoln, he is just the best actor ever, period. Highly enjoyable film if you like politics and the whole civil war era.
  • tuff 5 Jan 2013 11:47:29 628 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Magic Mike
    30%

If you ignore the thrusting, there is a story line in there, just not a very good one.
  • KennyPowers 5 Jan 2013 11:48:47 94 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Man With The Iron Fists (2012) 8/10

Tarantino homage to 70's Kung fu movies. Typical OTT violence from his movies, and Wu-Tang Clan soundtrack. :-)
  • evild_edd 5 Jan 2013 11:50:36 3,172 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hot Tub Time Machine

I was about to ask why I watched this but then I remembered that my mate had seen it and said it was surprisingly funny. I should've remembered that this is the same mate who loves The Hangover films. He also thought that Hitch was funny.

In fairness, I did laugh aloud a couple of times (maybe even three), but it's telling that now, twelve hours later, I can't even remember what jokes prompted the laughter.

It wasn't gross enough for a gross-out comedy, or clever enough for anything else. It also pains me to see John Cusack reduced to films like this (although admittedly it's better than his 0/10 film, 2012).

Only saving grace was that it didn't even try and make sense of time travel aspect, instead just making fun of the ludicrous nature of the plot. Even with that proviso, it suffers from the fact that better time travel comedies exist - stick to Bill & Ted!

4/10

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Deleted user 5 January 2013 11:58:56
    21 jump street.

Good film, gets funnier as it goes which is unusual. I'm a bit mentally damaged from seeing my man with terrible long hair at the start.

• Page

of 2844 First / Last