Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2026

• Page

of 2750 First / Last

• repairmanjack 7 Dec 2012 23:55:24 6,011 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seven Psychopaths. 10/10

It's been years since I've considered a film to be just about perfect. Loved it.
  • WoodenSpoon 8 Dec 2012 03:38:29 12,285 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What did you think of In Bruges, just out of interest?
  • repairmanjack 8 Dec 2012 08:20:57 6,011 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked In Bruges a lot although - unusually - I've only seen it the once. This feels as dark as that, but its also a lot funnier; the dialogue is often hilarious. I was surprised how into it the audience were. It feels like the type of film that only I ever seem to find funny... Maybe the whole cinema had a twisted sense of humour.

My partner liked it too, although had to look away at some if the violence; there were a couple of gasps in places.

The performances are just superb all around, which is what really makes it, of course.
  • TechnoHippy 8 Dec 2012 13:30:42 14,707 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Avengers Assemble

Quite good fun, although it drags on a bit.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• WoodenSpoon 8 Dec 2012 13:45:48 12,285 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    I liked In Bruges a lot although - unusually - I've only seen it the once. This feels as dark as that, but its also a lot funnier; the dialogue is often hilarious. I was surprised how into it the audience were. It feels like the type of film that only I ever seem to find funny... Maybe the whole cinema had a twisted sense of humour.

My partner liked it too, although had to look away at some if the violence; there were a couple of gasps in places.

The performances are just superb all around, which is what really makes it, of course.
    Sounds good to me!

Going to see it at some point this week \o/
  • TechnoHippy 8 Dec 2012 16:25:42 14,707 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Red Tails

The aerial combat was good and the out of cockpit was ok. And any film that has ME 262's and the end boss is worth a watch.

7/10

• craigy Staff 8 Dec 2012 16:46:40 7,597 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alex Cross: 3/10

I was thinking about how realising the Alex Cross character correctly could create a brand new franchise for a studio: there are plenty of Patterson books to draw material from, he's quite an interesting character, and there are many memorable criminals he's had to outsmart. They were on the right track with Freeman, but he was always a bit too old for the role. This new film feels rushed, with very poor blocking and action choreography in places. I actually don't know what happened in the final fight because I couldn't focus on anything due to the fast cutting and over done shaky handheld camera work.
  • Ged42 8 Dec 2012 16:46:56 7,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rise of the Guardians 8/10

Solid animation from Dreamworks, though not as good How to Train Your Dragon. Very schmaltzy at the end, but considering the subject matter it was to be  expected.

Good jokes that thankfully steer clear of the constant pop culture references that dominate alot of Dreamworks stuff and also don't over the power the story

A distinctive art style, with some interesting takes on the classic characters, Santa's naughty and nice tattoos are a cool touch. Though the human world is a bit bland.

The story isn't exactly original but it's better than most kid's fare. Though it earns it's PG rating with a few scary bits, well they scared my 7 year old niece anyway.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 17:46:12
    craigy wrote:
    Alex Cross: 3/10

I was thinking about how realising the Alex Cross character correctly could create a brand new franchise for a studio: there are plenty of Patterson books to draw material from, he's quite an interesting character, and there are many memorable criminals he's had to outsmart. They were on the right track with Freeman, but he was always a bit too old for the role. This new film feels rushed, with very poor blocking and action choreography in places. I actually don't know what happened in the final fight because I couldn't focus on anything due to the fast cutting and over done shaky handheld camera work.
    The really weird thing is casting a comedian most famous for dressing up as an old woman in the role. Also that he's almost entirely unheard of outside of the US (despite being the number one paid entertainer in the world).
  • Load_2.0 8 Dec 2012 18:00:08 19,146 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That movie looked awful. The casting aside, from the trailers it looked like Die Hard/Red Dragon mash•up with out any redeeming features.
  • Vortex808 8 Dec 2012 18:01:46 7,068 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Back to the Future on telly.

Still great %
  • beastmaster 8 Dec 2012 23:15:03 11,322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Dark Knight Rises - 7/10

It doesn't half go on towards the end. Catwoman was the best thing in it. Bane isn't bad. After the scene on the football field though it doesn't half drag. Also has the most unintentional hilarious scene ever. Still like it a lot even after multiple viewings.

Predators -2/10

Where do I start? At the end. Long Tall Sally playing over the end credits reminded me how fucking awesome the Arnie film is.

It gets 2 for having Shane from The Shield in it and Machete.

Edited by beastmaster at 23:15:39 08-12-2012

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 23:33:18
    Predators 7/10

Generous I know, but it's a good film in it's own right. But it feels like it's directed by a teenager, there's no style, tension or anything memorable.

Batman Forever7/10

Despised this as a kid, but it's really not that bad once you get past the few neon bits and two-face being riddler and vice versa. I liked the look but hated the execution if that makes sense, again it's probably a point too much.
  • Jono62 8 Dec 2012 23:36:01 14,054 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Batman Forever was ok, it was Batman and Robin that was absolute shite.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 23:39:45
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Predators 7/10

or anything memorable
    The samurai scene is pretty memorable!
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 23:46:09
    Never got past the first 20 minutes, so it's not a film I can give a score - It's insulting to every audience it's aimed at - what ever that is.

On that note, anyone seen the Forever cut with the Elfman score? Elliot Goldenthals was ace but I've always been interested in why they changed especially considering Goldenthal is generally much less thematic.

HANGON!!!

Elman had lost it by then, fair play - but Zimmer over Goldenthal?

/tangent
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 23:52:03
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Predators 7/10

or anything memorable
    The samurai scene is pretty memorable!
    I remember it, but not the visuals, atmosphere, music, characters, nothing. There's more tension, humour and character and that single chopper scene in the first predator than the sequels combined.
  • kinky_mong 9 Dec 2012 00:07:45 10,137 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Kill List

Was quite enjoying it as a subdued but brutal hitman flick, then it goes all Wickerman out of nowhere and completely lost me.

WTF?!/10
    I think you should spoilerise most of that tbh.
    I think you should maybe have spoilerised the quote yourself if you were that concerned about it. ;)

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Deleted user 9 December 2012 00:11:23
    Oooh fuck! Forgot!

Amadeus 10/10

Had this on DVD for about 8 years but never watched it, it's rather special isn't it? Hoping there's a BD for that utterly awesome score, please make it true!
  • B0rked_Gamer 9 Dec 2012 00:12:23 2,566 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Predator - 6/10

Hasn't aged well and the army machismo bullshit did my head in.

Predator 2 - 7/10

Very underrated in my opinion. Danny Glover makes a more interesting hero than muscle head and it has a cast of colourful characters like the voodoo guy that gets his head chopped off. Predator 2 also features Gary Busey, which is a good thing.

Aliens vs Predator - 5/10

Completely average, on the plus side it could have been a lot worse considering the director.

Predators - 2/10

Utter bilge of the highest order featuring a cast of completely unlikable characters I didn't care about at all. Some ponce trying to act all tough which fell completely flat, some Japanese guy who just happens to find a samurai sword and some douchebag pretend doctor nut job. Pathetic.

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 00:12:48 09-12-2012
  • Deleted user 9 December 2012 00:16:44
    In other news, Die Hard is shit and The Magnificent Seven adds loads of humour.
  • B0rked_Gamer 9 Dec 2012 00:26:19 2,566 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Die Hard is the shit.

/festive
  • -cerberus- 9 Dec 2012 00:54:46 2,704 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Stand

It took me quite some time to get through this. Six hours long. Six MOTHERFUCKING hours of atrocious acting, awful characters and uninteresting subplots. I rarely feel this way after watching a movie but I truly feel like shit for wasting 6 hours of my life watching this rubbish.
    Stay far away from this, folks. Instead do the dishes, clip your toenails, shave, take out the garbage, scrape some carrots, ... Anything! But do not try to kill time by watching The Stand.

2.5/10

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Deleted user 9 December 2012 02:41:41
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:

/festive
    We all know Mctiernen is random, but predator 6/10? A friend of mine had never seen it so I forced him to watch it last year. "One of the best things i've seen" was his review.

You can't call something dated without giving a reason why. The initial siege has a bit of army cheese that MUST EXCIST, but after that it's all awesome music, great direction and some brilliant editing and pacing.

Die Hard and Predator will never be beaten sadly, they're so fucking great. They're Star Wars of there genre - they're not a mindless dumbest or an intellectual borefest.

ALSO - HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER!!!!!
  • Deleted user 9 December 2012 02:47:12
    -cerberus- wrote:
    The Stand

It took me quite some time to get through this. Six hours long. Six MOTHERFUCKING hours of atrocious acting, awful characters and uninteresting subplots. I rarely feel this way after watching a movie but I truly feel like shit for wasting 6 hours of my life watching this rubbish.
    Stay far away from this, folks. Instead do the dishes, clip your toenails, shave, take out the garbage, scrape some carrots, ... Anything! But do not try to kill time by watching The Stand.

2.5/10
    hahahah - awful isn't it? Spent all the money on names, forgot to hire a director and used the book as a script. It's a min-series that only the 70s bbc could do. IT was shit too, they nailed the clown thing and the kids, then hired the cheapest actors going for the adult stuff.

Could have been great with a bit more ambiguity and more than the budget of Evil Dead.
  • RichieTenenbaum 9 Dec 2012 09:29:24 2,193 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think batman Forever is worse then Batman & Robin. At least B&R had a kind of laugh along campy vibe that means you can shout along with it.

BF is just awful. Tonally all over the place. It wants to be quite dark but it's ridiculously cartoonish. The bit with vault is stupid, 'ill get a drive through'. God.
  • Mr-Brett 9 Dec 2012 10:17:38 12,769 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    Predator - 6/10

Predator 2 - 7/10

Very underrated in my opinion. Danny Glover makes a more interesting hero than muscle head and it has a cast of colourful characters like the voodoo guy that gets his head chopped off. Predator 2 also features Gary Busey, which is a good thing.

Completely average, on the plus side it could have been a lot worse considering the director.

Predators - 2/10

Utter bilge of the highest order featuring a cast of completely unlikable characters I didn't care about at all. Some ponce trying to act all tough which fell completely flat, some Japanese guy who just happens to find a samurai sword and some douchebag pretend doctor nut job. Pathetic.
    Predator 2 better than 1? I guess there had to be one person in the universe that felt that way.
    AVP is really rather pants, I think you're probably being a bit generous there.
    Predators is in no way that bad, overall you have strange taste :)

Portable view - Never forget.

• Gruff 9 Dec 2012 14:00:49 2,854 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Adventures of TinTin 7/10 Not sure why there was a general apathy towards this, perfectly presentable, Indiana Jones style romp, with bags of humour, enjoyable.

Edited by Gruff at 14:01:04 09-12-2012

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2012 14:01:16 14,707 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lost Highway

Probably one of David Lynch's easier to follow films. Needed more Rammstein though.

8/10

• B0rked_Gamer 9 Dec 2012 14:10:16 2,566 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    Predator - 6/10

Predator 2 - 7/10

Predators - 2/10

Predator 2 better than 1? I guess there had to be one person in the universe that felt that way.
    AVP is really rather pants, I think you're probably being a bit generous there.
    Predators is in no way that bad, overall you have strange taste :)
    I remember Predator being rather good but it just pisses me off now.

"I aint got time to bleed"

Dialogue like that annoys me a lot. Maybe I'm getting old and uncoool, or something.

:cool: ?
  • Page

of 2750 First / Last