Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2023

• Page

of 2808 First / Last

• -cerberus- 6 Dec 2012 09:35:53 3,191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Pretty much pointless in terms of the plot
    That's a load of bollocks. She's essential to the plot; she was the only one who could steal Bruce's fingerprints, which led him to go bankrupt and cede complete control of the bomb to Talia. Bane also couldn't have taken over Gotham if Selina didn't deliver Bruce to him.

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• kalel 6 Dec 2012 10:18:49 88,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    She wasn't complete peripheral but it was more a case of "we want Catwoman in there, how do we crowbar her in?", a opposed to her character really driving the plot in a meaningful way.

Anyway I was mostly being positive about her there so you calm yourself.
  • nickthegun 6 Dec 2012 10:21:12 60,617 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You could quite easily have had a goon break into wayne manor and steal a teacup and achieve the same effect. Shes only there because they blew up his love interest.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• -cerberus- 6 Dec 2012 10:24:42 3,191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kalel Where did that come from, I am completely calm. Y'know, having a discussion on the internet doesn't always mean we have to get to personal to get our point across.

@nickthegun Implausible scenario, don't you think?

Edited by -cerberus- at 10:25:40 06-12-2012

• Tonka 6 Dec 2012 10:26:54 20,883 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gods. TDKR is becoming worse and worse. I'll have to stick it on my "So shit it's funny list" if this continues.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deckard1 6 Dec 2012 10:27:41 28,765 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    B-B-B-B-BACKLASH!!!!!
  • Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 10:29:32 10,306 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Implausible scenario... :lol:
    This is about a bloke with a ridiculous mask and voice x 2 fighting over a city.

But a good Nicking a teacup is more implausible than a girl who does ninja shit and has cat ears
  • kalel 6 Dec 2012 10:30:42 88,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Implausible scenario, don't you think?
    THAT'S A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!
  • Tonka 6 Dec 2012 10:30:50 20,883 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NExt up: The empire Strikes Back has some really shitty acting.

• Deckard1 6 Dec 2012 10:35:39 28,765 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This picture has brought me more joy than any of the Superman films put together.

• Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 10:37:35 10,306 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :lol: you can watch it on YouTube.

Still, doesn't make TDKR any less pants trying to deflect using old Corman FF pics ;)
  • -cerberus- 6 Dec 2012 10:39:37 3,191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Well yes, I said something similar on the previous page. The whole basic idea is ridiculous to begin with. So why not have a love interest snatching fingerprints? It's infinitely more interesting than having a random goon breaking into Wayne manor, no? In the silly Batman-universe, that is :)

Edited by -cerberus- at 10:44:16 06-12-2012

• Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 10:45:39 10,306 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @-cerberus- why or why not, it doesn't matter, in my opinion it was nothing but a cheap plot device with toys in mind. Who'd buy a thug toy when catwoman is available, right?

As I said back in summer. I actually hated this film. Everything stunk of pandering. From the catwoman inclusion, to the seriously bad editing of key death/killings.
    The audio was atrocious and has since been altered completely the other way,meaning it's still unbalanced. And the ending was a cop out. Add to that, there's no where near enough batman for a batman film. There's actually the same amount, if not more, of a character who actually adds nothing whatsoever outside key Deus ex moments.

Then, 2 weeks back I rewatched it on Blu. And said it was more watchable. Still not perfect, or even good, but I managed to watch it. Knowing that it was actually Joseph Gordon Levitt Rises, and that it's a film made by a director clearly embarrassed by the subject, made it easier.
  • -cerberus- 6 Dec 2012 10:50:19 3,191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gambit1977 I understand and respect your viewpoint but I think the entire trilogy is very good entertainment, even with all its flaws.

• LeoliansBro 6 Dec 2012 10:53:58 44,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's more 'We need a recogniseable villain, let's use Catwoman, what does she do, she steals things, OK so let's have her steal something to set up how effortlessly badass she is.'

I love the idea that all that would be needed to bankrupt Bruce can be nicked from his safe. I love the idea that this is the only place to get his DNA / fingerprints. I love that Bane can hold the stock exchange hostage with guns, as if it can't be electronically shut down or even exists as such in a room like that any more. I love that nobody thinks to link Bruce's bankruptcy to Bane's attack. I love that Bruce doesn't even think to tell people that he's been cybered. I love that he can effortlessly trace Catwoman and yet the world's greatest detective doesn't figure out what she's up to. I love that this is supposed to be the coherent side of things to support the escapist superhero lols.

REALISM.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• spindle9988 6 Dec 2012 10:59:23 3,629 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Too much hate for batman. I loved all 3. If i wantedto watch something that was supoposed to be real then I would watch a documentary. I wanted to watch a cool batman film which is what I got. Just because it has few plot holes doesnt make it shit, if you wanna rip on a film then please do it to prometheus, that had plot holes and was shit to boot
  • kalel 6 Dec 2012 11:02:55 88,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I actually think that's a good point, although not quite how you meant. I think generally people are way too harsh on Prometheus and a bit overly generous with the Batman films. Actually both are of a similar quality for similar reasons for me. Both are visually stunning with amazing sequences and some very memorable moments. Both are quite badly written in places and riddled with plot holes (although I would say that the pacing of Prometheus is far better, if only because it's exactly the same as Alien).

Overall I'd rank Prometheus about the same as the Batman films - 7 or 8 ish.
  • Tonka 6 Dec 2012 11:06:13 20,883 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    and that it's a film made by a director clearly embarrassed by the subject, made it easier.
    What subject? JGL?

• Jeepers 6 Dec 2012 11:06:35 13,184 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Watched half of Batman last night only to get so annoyed with the audio mix I turned it off and went to bed.

The staff who managed the audio for this film should be shot. Unspeakably bad.
  • Deckard1 6 Dec 2012 11:06:46 28,765 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Prometheus is in so way shape or form as good as the any of the Batman films. And you know that kalel. You know that.
  • Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 11:06:59 10,306 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed Prometheus.

I don't think it helps much that despite me respecting Nolan's films, and enjoying all bar one at the cinema, I rarely find them easy to rewatch. Interesting that TDKR is the one I did.

And if anyone wants to really rip into a film. I'm watching it now...Resident Evil Retribution.

They've always had that knowingly shit guilty pleasure about them, but this is terrible.
  • kalel 6 Dec 2012 11:09:26 88,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Prometheus is in so way shape or form as good as the any of the Batman films. And you know that kalel. You know that.
    I think if you come at both reasonably objectively, i.e. not being a massve Alien fan or owning Batman pyjamas, then they're both more or less equally enjoyable.

As an average over the trilogy Batman probably wins compared to just Prometheus, but I reckon the lows in Batman are probably lower, particularly TDKR.
  • Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 11:09:30 10,306 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tonka :lol: you'd think.
    It always feels like he's not entirely comfortable with the fact it's a comic book.
    Ironically, David Goyer wrote/had a hand in writing these, yet anything else he's done is normally universally panned.
  • spindle9988 6 Dec 2012 11:10:48 3,629 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kalel

I would give prometheus about a 5. Not because of plot holes and consistency, just didnt really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Whereas when batman begins came out I had zero expectations for it (thanks to Joel). Yet I walked out of the cinema thinking yes, this is what I have always wanted from a batman film. Also after seeing the joker card at the end I just couldnt wait for the next one, which to be honest is one of the best cinema experiences I have ever had. (dark knight that is)
  • Deckard1 6 Dec 2012 11:14:57 28,765 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I think if you come at both reasonably objectively, i.e. not being a massve Alien fan or owning Batman pyjamas, then they're both more or less equally enjoyable.

As an average over the trilogy Batman probably wins compared to just Prometheus, but I reckon the lows in Batman are probably lower, particularly TDKR.
    You are dead to me.

/rips collar

Edited by Deckard1 at 11:15:20 06-12-2012
  • nickthegun 6 Dec 2012 11:18:35 60,617 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Prometheus doesnt meander for three hours and they both leave you scratching your head at all the plot holes and weird actions of the characters. i would say they are about even in that respect.

• kalel 6 Dec 2012 11:26:49 88,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I could also understand all the characters' speech in Prometheus.
  • nickthegun 6 Dec 2012 11:29:47 60,617 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On a related side note, I had a quick listen to TDKR yesterday to check I wasnt going mad and realised that the sound is, basically, designed to be listened to at absolutely insane volumes.

I wondered why I found it so shit yet reviews were rating it as 'reference quality'.

It seems its because they review in soundproofed rooms and turn it up to eleven, whereas mere mortals have to consider neighbours and sleeping children.

• LeoliansBro 6 Dec 2012 11:31:43 44,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    People like TDKR because TDK was a good film (and BB was a better film) and this has the same actors wearing the same clothes.

On its own merits it would be seen as an OK film but a very poor cousin of the first two. As it is everyone is willing to cut it some slack given its pedigree.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 2808 First / Last