Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2017

• Page

of 2844 First / Last

• megastar 1 Dec 2012 12:51:12 17,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ted

Not sure what I expected but this wasn't it.

Some nice one liners shoehorned in every now and then though!

7/10
  • -cerberus- 1 Dec 2012 13:34:45 3,371 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Witches of Eastwick

Y'know, this one's a lot of fun. Jack Nicholson's performance is ace! I remember the cherry-scene scared me when I was a kid, now I couldn't stop laughing.

7/10

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• Deleted user 1 December 2012 14:05:39
    Star Wars: The Matrix Reloaded.

Christ. What tedium. Well the first 40 odd minutes anyway. Two lines from Smith in this film sum it up.

"I want more"
    "Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"

After the success of the the first, clearly they felt everyone watched it and thought it was good for the good camera effect and flying kung fu fight scenes. and upon writing a sequel that cleary neglected any thought and writing quality of the first film. By the time they reached that stupid french impersonating twat i really started to get bored of the flying shit. The courtyard scene is fucking ace though. The second half, give it its due, picked up a lot. The highway scene is still fucking brilliant, and the talk with the oracle started to get some where near the first film.

Pretty much poor. First time i seen it since it came out. A couple of bits make up for it though. And its 30-45 mintues too long.

5/10
  • mikeck 1 Dec 2012 15:02:19 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @joelstinton What killed that film for me was the overlong scenes in Zion.

Look a party - they have some humanity left!

Look, sexy times - but with less emotion than portrayed in the 'sex scene' from Team America.

Action scenes were good, rest was not.

Edited by mikeck at 15:02:40 01-12-2012
  • beastmaster 1 Dec 2012 15:05:36 11,805 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It gets worse in the next one.

Anyone seen Slightseers yet? I'm going tomorrow.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 1 December 2012 16:28:52
    mikeck wrote:

Look, sexy times - but with less emotion than portrayed in the 'sex scene' from Team America.

totally. It kills the film. Its star wars at its worse with all the council stuff. Its trying to add weight to the universe which isn't needed or rather its overblown and pompus. And the sexy dancing and sex scene were .. yeah you got it spot on!
  • irrelevanthuman 1 Dec 2012 16:34:56 376 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pollock 8/10

Brilliant performances by Ed Harris and Marcia Gay Harden. Pollock comes across as a repellent individual, but its a fascinating watch. Also, Jeffrey Tambor is in it, need I say more.

Edited by irrelevanthuman at 16:35:17 01-12-2012
  • Bremenacht 1 Dec 2012 17:37:39 19,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Pretty much poor. First time i seen it since it came out. A couple of bits make up for it though. And its 30-45 mintues too long.
    Were they Monica Belluci's bits by any chance?
  • mikeck 1 Dec 2012 18:08:56 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    mikeck wrote:

totally. It kills the film. Its star wars at its worse with all the council stuff. Its trying to add weight to the universe which isn't needed or rather its overblown and pompus. And the sexy dancing and sex scene were .. yeah you got it spot on!
    You got it spot on too in terms of the unnecessary extra weight to the universe, the audience all got it Wachowski's, thanks though; it wasn't as complex as you seem to think it is.

Also, that whole section with the Architect was just...uuuurgh. Exposition...not needed!!
  • TechnoHippy 1 Dec 2012 19:12:26 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Dictator

Had me chuckling all the way through.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• DFawkes 1 Dec 2012 19:21:14 23,810 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    By the time they reached that stupid french impersonating twat i really started to get bored of the flying shit.
    To be fair, he's actually French. I'm sure that is enough to raise your enjoyment of the entire film :) Or perhaps not.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 1 December 2012 19:32:02
    haha really? he so bad he sounds like his inpersonationg his own accent!

Just checked him out, and his been in of gods and men, which is sssssuch a good film... but his also been in catwoman. so...
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Dec 2012 20:26:49 2,453 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seen a few randoms recently...

Nativity.5/10
    Not that bad. Pretty funny...ish. Martin Freeman is shit, Mr Poppy is a genius character, though. Loved him. The boys liked it. I got a little bored, especially when...meh, can't be bothered.

Arthur Christmas. 8/10
    Massively surprised by this. Got sooo annoyed with all the advertising for it last xmas that it put me off taking the boys to see it. But actually really enjoyed it. Great kids film. Only problem was the voice acting. Everyone had the wrong roles. But then kids wouldn't take any notice of that.

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship. Extended. 9/10
    LOVE this film. Been playing Lego LOTR with the youngest and loving it, so we decided to watch the films. Had a break to put the tree up and have lunch, but my 4 year old boy sat glued to the whole thing commenting on all the bit's we'd done in the game. My 7 year old boy got bored, but then it wasn't a musical so I'm not surprised....
    God help the little lad, he's a bit...sensitive.

Looking forward to Two Towers at some point in the week as I'm off all week, the wife is at work and the 7 year old is at school. Just me and the young'un. Think we might go smash some greenhouses and pinch some apples. Will make a change from watching dance routines and listening to Lady fuckin Gaga with the other one...

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Physically_Insane 1 Dec 2012 20:47:23 9,116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You made a gay.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Dec 2012 21:09:58 2,453 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh I aint bothered if he is, just the fuckin musicals and Lady Gagga I can't effin stand.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• -cerberus- 1 Dec 2012 21:48:33 3,371 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Messengers 2: The Scarecrow

The main theme is pretty good.

2.5/10 (I gave the original a 2/10)

• andywilkie35 1 Dec 2012 23:48:18 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bluray boxset of the Dark Knight trilogy arrived today, so watched all three back to back with my brother.

10/10

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• beastmaster 1 Dec 2012 23:55:00 11,805 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Strippers vs Warewolves - 0/10

This is the film that took 38 on it's opening weekend. It is utter fuckung shit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/4293091/.html

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• mrpon 2 Dec 2012 00:50:19 29,427 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Bluray boxset of the Dark Knight trilogy arrived today, so watched all three back to back with my brother.

10/10
    Did you have a TV at both ends of the room?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• -cerberus- 2 Dec 2012 02:39:35 3,371 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wolf

Ouch... Not as good as I remember...

Meh/10

Edited by -cerberus- at 02:41:49 02-12-2012

• irrelevanthuman 2 Dec 2012 02:53:06 376 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Amazing Spider-Man

Not too bad at all, enjoyable, disposable hokum with a hot as mustard girl in it.

7/10
  • Khanivor 2 Dec 2012 03:19:17 41,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    J Edgar - 7/10

Bloody good yarn about a poof who couldn't admit he was a poof. He also ran the largest criminal iunvestigation operation in the world for decades, but that seemed less of a concern than his repressed poofiness.

Seriously though, an enjoyable and enlightening movie with some wicked prosthetics.
  • shooter 2 Dec 2012 03:47:46 394 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    andywilkie35 wrote:

10/10
    ha
  • shooter 2 Dec 2012 03:50:48 394 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    End of Watch - 7/10

Pretty dissapointed. Was a good movie but i was expecting something special considering the director and reviews. Recommended but dont go outta your way. New bond is better if ure goin cinema
  • spamdangled 2 Dec 2012 04:06:20 27,426 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Amazing Spider-Man: 4/10

The updates to the origin were good. It's so old now that slavishly being faithful without tweaking around the edges ends up highlighting how dated it is.

The use of classic characters like the Stacy's and Flash Thompson were good for fans and showing the breadth of the fiction to people who think it's all been about Mary Jane for 50 years.

Using the Lizard was a good choice to give a lesser known (outside the comics) villain a time in the spotlight, especially when you have as large and iconic a rogue's gallery as Spidey does.

Garfield/the writers totally nail the character of Spidey and his use of banter to provide levity for the audience as well as a weapon against his opponents.

The changes to the spider-sense look cool but hurt the sense of jeopardy. They amount to bullet-proofing him by making his response instinctive rather than voluntary. If you can beat everyone up and come out of it unscathed without even trying, you're as boring as Superman.

The stuff about his parents was boring. It's not really relevant, is hardly ever mentioned in the comics for good reason, and hurts the film.

The plot was unmitigated crap even by the standards of comics and superhero films. Lizard's motivation was rubbish and unbelievable and pacing was all over the place. Spending over an hour on the origin and then not giving the same attention to the villain and everything after leads to a horribly unbalanced film.

Finally, if even a massive Spidey-Fan that can even find ways to enjoy and defend the Clone Saga finds himself getting bored and more interested in reading Hansard transcriptions on changes to farming law, something is very wrong.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 2 December 2012 04:58:37
    Premium Rush - meh. 6/10, maybe. Paperthin plot and not really very interesting action - after the first thirty minutes it burns all its tricks and becomes laboriously cliched.

Bourne Legacy - meh x 2. 7/10, because it had decent action sequences but ultimately almost felt like a remake of Bourne Identity.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 06:40:28
    mrpon wrote:
    andywilkie35 wrote:

10/10
    \o/
  • Load_2.0 2 Dec 2012 08:11:49 19,520 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tim Vine.

"Luckily I was the one facing the telly"
  • tuff 2 Dec 2012 09:33:16 628 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Strippers vs Warewolves - 0/10

This is the film that took 38 on it's opening weekend. It is utter fuckung shit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/4293091/.html
    I'm up for supporting this film; so does Lucy Pinder get them out?
  • Page

of 2844 First / Last