Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2016

  • Page

    of 2770 First / Last

  • Gambit1977 29 Nov 2012 13:46:47 9,691 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good name for it then.
  • sirtacos 29 Nov 2012 14:02:47 7,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cameron Diaz fitter than Penelope Cruz? kalel you so crazy.
    Good call on Cruz's tits though. That was a glaring omission on my part.
  • SClaw 29 Nov 2012 15:40:03 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Amazing Spiderman - 0%

    Summary: The same shit but with a much more emo faced Peter Parker.

    This movie did EVERYTHING wrong.

    It told the origin story AGAIN which we all know because A) it’s frakkin’ Spiderman and B) Sam Rami did more or less the exact same thing not all that long ago. Unless you are literally under a rock you don’t need to see this film to know who Spiderman is (and hell, you could take a reasonable stab at his origin story if you’d somehow never heard of him anyway).

    Putting that aside the casting was atrocious. Parker is meant to be a nerd, not an emo heartthrob man-boy and while I applaud the use of Gwen Stacey over MJ, she was waaaaaay too old looking for that role and her character was… I dunno what her character was because I don’t remember any version which was even remotely like that. Anyway, comic nerd aside I really hate a character who’s sole reason to exist is to be rescued. It’s cheap.

    Another canon gripe… how many times can Spiderman take his mask off in a single movie? Half of New York has seen his face! Bah…

    The CGI somehow already looks dated. The scenes at the bridge look particularly bad. And don’t even get me started on the first person scenes. And the Lizard… the lizard looks retarded. Super retarded. Ok it’s a silly character – it’s from a comic book – but look at that face. Go on; look at it! It looks like a Goomba from that crappy Bob Hoskins Mario film.



    Honestly… I think Marc Webb just watched the Rami version and decided to add webb-shooters and Andrew Garfield.
  • ronuds 29 Nov 2012 16:22:15 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's that supposed to be?
  • Zomoniac 29 Nov 2012 16:26:26 7,831 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The CGI was shit but it was still much, *much* better than the CGI in Avengers Assemble which would've looked dated in 1994.
  • gamecubeisbest 29 Nov 2012 16:31:06 91 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NathanGun wrote:
    Starship Troopers 86%
    Heard it had some kind of political commentary on US foreign policy.
    "It's a good day to die" still the best part.
    Did you watch it on blu-ray? The effects look amazing for a 90s film.

    The Expendables 2 60%
  • kalel 29 Nov 2012 16:32:03 87,689 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    Cameron Diaz fitter than Penelope Cruz? kalel you so crazy.
    Good call on Cruz's tits though. That was a glaring omission on my part.
    No, Cameron Diaz is fitter than her equivalent in Open Your Eyes. Penelope Cruz plays the same character in both (but gets them out more in the Spanish one).
  • mrpon 29 Nov 2012 16:43:24 28,921 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Skyfall

    Finally got around to seeing this, still a full cinema mind. Probably the most un-Bond Bond movie I've seen, that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Like the nods to previous films and some lovely vistas and an interesting finale.

    The guy from DIY SOS in a blond wig was great as well!

    8/10

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • BinaryBob101 29 Nov 2012 17:18:42 22,970 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    The CGI was shit but it was still much, *much* better than the CGI in Avengers Assemble which would've looked dated in 1994.
    Lolwhut?

    The Grumpy Vaper

  • NathanGun 29 Nov 2012 17:30:05 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @gamecubeisbest yeah I have to admit the effects were good and didnt suffer from the over use of CGI that we have to put up with these days. The sound effects were damn good to!
  • Kovacs77 29 Nov 2012 20:09:23 365 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ted. 20%, for a couple of minor laughs and Mila Kunis. Generally though, the most overrated comedy I've seen in ages. Seth McFarlane can only do one voice, and I couldn't get past the bear sounding exactly like Peter Griffin. I fucking hate Family Guy and American Dad (but quite like Cleveland, oddly) so I guess that didn't help. Puerile comedy for retards, and this film was the same but longer. In fact, no, 10%, I've knocked another 10% off because I REALLY fucking hate Family Guy.
  • Blotto 29 Nov 2012 20:31:08 2,776 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, to be fair if you don't like Family Guy you were never going to like Ted. Exactly the same humour, just in a different context.

    For what its worth I quite enjoyed it, a good 7/10 from me.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 20:37:50
    Valkyrie

    Interesting premise with a stellar cast. Heard a lot of positive before seeing it and....well it was tosh sadly.

    Of all things, I thought Tom Cruise was quite good (which struck me as odd).

    I also can't immediately think of a film where Bill Nighy was so good also (other than G-Force, obviously).

    But, yeah, it just didn't work for me. True story and all the Nazi facts that I was unaware of and all.

    I'm going to blame the complete mis-casting of Kenneth Brannagh as the fast disappearing General who I hoped was going to have a larger part in the film but sadly not.

    5/10
  • oceanmotion 29 Nov 2012 20:49:00 15,951 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought the humour in Ted was a bit poor for the most part. Some good laughs in there but most of it was pretty crude, overly rude and not funny whatsoever, just lazy comedy for god knows what sort of audience. Good impact with drama at the end though and the fear of being kidnapped by the dad. The film was mostly a miss for me and I've enjoyed Family Guy in the past.
  • Chopsen 29 Nov 2012 20:52:39 15,998 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    I've enjoyed Family Guy in the past.
    Same here, in the past. Just bores me now, and McFarlane is a genre all of his own, and not in a good way: he just hasn't had an original idea for years.
  • Lotos8ter 30 Nov 2012 08:24:35 2,360 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    End of Watch 7.5/10

    Great chemistry between the leads, good portrayal of the police family on the job and off. The bad guys were too one dimensional and it glossed over too much stuff. Enjoyable enough and very moving in parts but can/has been done better. Well above average but by no means perfect - thought Gyllenhall and Pena were superb though.

    Could have done with more "you can't park there mate"

    Fiat Lux

  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 08:43:59 9,691 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    End of Watch 7.5/10

    Great chemistry between the leads, good portrayal of the police family on the job and off. The bad guys were too one dimensional and it glossed over too much stuff. Enjoyable enough and very moving in parts but can/has been done better. Well above average but by no means perfect - thought Gyllenhall and Pena were superb though.

    Could have done with more "you can't park there mate"
    'Enjoy your white people shit!
  • Lotos8ter 30 Nov 2012 09:11:17 2,360 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gambit1977 and much more Natalie Martinez

    Edited by Lotos8ter at 09:12:03 30-11-2012

    Edited by Lotos8ter at 09:12:28 30-11-2012

    Fiat Lux

  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 09:12:39 9,691 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's always a little disappointing when you've got safe search off and...nothing!
  • Max_Powers 30 Nov 2012 14:58:39 1,098 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Max_Powers wrote:
    End of Watch 8/10

    Good cop movie although if you've seen Southland there is little suprise.

    +1 for Public Enemy's "Harder than you think" on the soundtrack.
    Loved this, but not seen Southland, is it worth a watch? There's about 5 seasons right?
    I thought Southland was good yes. I love LA as a setting though. As far as cop shows go: Wire>Southland>The Shield for me, only Southland is less gritty.
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 15:25:26 9,691 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Max_Powers Better than the shield is high praise indeed. Cheers mate.
  • Dante_Cubit 30 Nov 2012 18:33:08 1,926 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pineapple Express 6.5/10

    Another Seth Rogan stoner comedy. Made ripping CDs slightly less tedious...
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 01:08:52
    i really really like Pineapple express. Seen it way to many times. Can i dip my pen in your ink?

    Anyway.

    The matrix.

    Havn't watched this in a few years, brought the trilogy for 8 squid on amazon.

    Holds up really well. Really got into the film, and sort of comparing it to inception and how it lays the ground rules layer upon layer. Works really well, the confidence in the scriptwriting really shows. A few times the film threatens to break underneath the weight of them, and the far reaching silliness it often reaches into. Some of the film making still feels fresh and exciting, although some of the stunts look a bit silly now (diving through window, and keeanu kart wheeling in the lobby). The cosmetics have aged a little bit - the matrix leather clothing and sunglasses in particular look silly.

    Probably best bit, is meething the oracle. Who she is, and her character really gives the film a bit of much needed maturity (Story wise, and physically) and gives the film quite a big backbone.

    The ending almost ruins the whole thing, but... the rest of the film outweighs that severely. It should have ended 5 minutes before and without the whole fucking neo jesus thing,... but hey.

    8/10.

    Edited by joelstinton at 01:11:09 01-12-2012
  • Dangerous_Dan 1 Dec 2012 08:06:16 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ironlungs76
    Tried to watch it at some point but didn't work for me neither. Maybe it's because the Why he does it and why he risks his family part just didn't convince me.
    There is not that much suspense if you already know the history and story in advance.

    Watched about 40 minutes of the movie.

    Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 08:07:59 01-12-2012
  • Gambit1977 1 Dec 2012 08:17:12 9,691 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if I'm the only person alive who thinks Bill Nighy is an abysmal actor

    Edited by Gambit1977 at 08:30:19 01-12-2012
  • tuff 1 Dec 2012 08:22:16 625 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Watch
    45%

    Not as funny as it should have been.
  • boo 1 Dec 2012 08:45:23 11,784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I wonder if I'm the only person alive who thinks Bill Nighy is an abysmal actor
    You are not alone.
    In order for Nighy to be a one trick pony, he'd have to learn a trick.
    Just stick him on Grumpy Old Men and leave him there.

    Just Another Lego Blog

  • Fourwisemen 1 Dec 2012 10:47:16 165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    The Amazing Spiderman - 0%

    Summary: The same shit but with a much more emo faced Peter Parker.

    This movie did EVERYTHING wrong.

    It told the origin story AGAIN which we all know because A) it’s frakkin’ Spiderman and B) Sam Rami did more or less the exact same thing not all that long ago. Unless you are literally under a rock you don’t need to see this film to know who Spiderman is (and hell, you could take a reasonable stab at his origin story if you’d somehow never heard of him anyway).

    Putting that aside the casting was atrocious. Parker is meant to be a nerd, not an emo heartthrob man-boy and while I applaud the use of Gwen Stacey over MJ, she was waaaaaay too old looking for that role and her character was… I dunno what her character was because I don’t remember any version which was even remotely like that. Anyway, comic nerd aside I really hate a character who’s sole reason to exist is to be rescued. It’s cheap.

    Another canon gripe… how many times can Spiderman take his mask off in a single movie? Half of New York has seen his face! Bah…

    The CGI somehow already looks dated. The scenes at the bridge look particularly bad. And don’t even get me started on the first person scenes. And the Lizard… the lizard looks retarded. Super retarded. Ok it’s a silly character – it’s from a comic book – but look at that face. Go on; look at it! It looks like a Goomba from that crappy Bob Hoskins Mario film.



    Honestly… I think Marc Webb just watched the Rami version and decided to add webb-shooters and Andrew Garfield.
    On it's own merit and forgetting that this tale was told better not so long ago then it's still an ok movie. But nothing more than ok.

    I have to admit that Emma Stone in knee length pop socks increased the enjoyment by at least double.

    A solid 6..
  • Kostabi 1 Dec 2012 11:23:15 4,927 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been working my way through the Bond films lately and arrived at Diamonds Are Forever last night, fuck me, it was even more awful than I remembered.

    The opening scene is so badly edited and put together it's distracting and then it's all downhill from there.

    4/10
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 11:44:48
    Dead Mans Shoes
    8/10

    Brilliant. Reveal felt like a punch to the stomach and it didn't go the way I thought it would so kudos for clever design. Glad I finally saw it (on Netflix btw).
  • Page

    of 2770 First / Last

Log in or register to reply