Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2007

• Page

of 2704 First / Last

• Madder-Max 17 Nov 2012 18:50:44 11,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Agree that the woman in haywire is proper totty with cracking tits.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• TechnoHippy 17 Nov 2012 18:54:42 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't argue with that.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 19:02:53 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    She's ex MMA or something isn't she? Probably batter you with her tits!
  • TechnoHippy 17 Nov 2012 19:05:46 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd take that chance :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• beastmaster 17 Nov 2012 19:17:35 11,155 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm currently watching Hellraiser. I may switch off. Not aged well at all. Utter shit.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Skynet 17 Nov 2012 19:32:39 170 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A bittersweet life - 8/10

Korean cinema does action movies a lot better than Hollywood these days.
  • Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 19:34:40 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    I'm currently watching Hellraiser. I may switch off. Not aged well at all. Utter shit.
    It is like a gory episode of Crossroads
  • CharlieStCloud 17 Nov 2012 19:35:02 5,042 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Urgh.

I had to watched the last Twilight film today because it was two votes to one, although to be fair, it was me and two women so, that outcome was (unfortunately) always going to happen.

Is it supposed to be funny, or unintentionally so...? I just laughed at nearly everything, especially the 'emotional acting'. The fights at the end were passable entertainment at best; way too much CGI though.

Who the holy-moly gave this bollocks 8/10 on the last page?!
  • Dougs 17 Nov 2012 19:37:18 66,634 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    You will never take those memories away from me. Mostly horrible nightmares, but memorable nonetheless.
  • Fourwisemen 17 Nov 2012 19:40:06 154 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kick-Ass (2nd time) - 9/10
  • mrpon 17 Nov 2012 20:17:43 28,424 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    You will never take those memories away from me. Mostly horrible nightmares, but memorable nonetheless.
    Yeah, moving furniture and gouging your hand on a rusty nail!

/shivers

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 20:23:56 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Sinister 6/10.

I really didn't find this creepy or scary that much, I jumped a little once or twice but it was rather disappointing. It had lots of promise, the disturbing 'music' (more of a noise) was excellent, like something out of an early Silent Hill game and there are some nice 'sinister' elements but overall it didn't deliver for me.

Worth watching though.
    Booooo! Booooo! Just because you're a hard case!
  • Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 20:33:31 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am normally the first to laugh my way through horror films but it really affected me.

You're right about the music, it was first rate.
  • Stranded87 17 Nov 2012 21:22:57 849 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Detention

What the hell was that?/10

I expected an attempt at making Scream for a new generation. On some level maybe that's what I got, but not on one that I can comprehend. Objectively I don't think this film was very good, but honestly I don't really know, my brain is still trying to process what I just watched.

Not the weirdest film I've ever seen by a long way, but with the exception of 'Nowhere' it was probably the most unexpectedly weird film I've seen.
  • Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 21:28:57 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Detention

What the hell was that?/10

I expected an attempt at making Scream for a new generation. On some level maybe that's what I got, but not on one that I can comprehend. Objectively I don't think this film was very good, but honestly I don't really know, my brain is still trying to process what I just watched.

Not the weirdest film I've ever seen by a long way, but with the exception of 'Nowhere' it was probably the most unexpectedly weird film I've seen.
    It tries to be meta and ends up being too meta.

Again though, lovely pair on the main actress!
  • -cerberus- 17 Nov 2012 21:43:26 2,409 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Sinister 6/10.

I really didn't find this creepy or scary that much, I jumped a little once or twice but it was rather disappointing. It had lots of promise, the disturbing 'music' (more of a noise) was excellent, like something out of an early Silent Hill game and there are some nice 'sinister' elements but overall it didn't deliver for me.

Worth watching though.
    Seconded. Thought the scares were very cheap... Lovely soundtrack though!

Also funny how Hawke's online contact mentioned Norwegian black metal bands in one of their chats. This pretty much confirmed my suspicions that corpsepaint served as inspiration for Bagul's appearance.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Deleted user 17 November 2012 22:23:24
    Chernobyl Diaries- 6/10

A bit better than I expected, quite creepy in places. Looks great on bluray too.

The blonde girl had amazing tits.

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 22:23:56 17-11-2012
  • Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 23:03:07 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Safety not Guaranteed

Lovely :)
  • Madder-Max 17 Nov 2012 23:43:51 11,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is a cracking rack in immortals

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Deleted user 18 November 2012 05:52:08
    District 9 - 9/10

I found this emotionally draining because I cared about the characters and what was happening to them so much, and that's a rare thing for me to respond to a film in such a way these days. I'd love a sequel to happen some day...
  • Tonka 18 Nov 2012 06:08:44 20,010 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You had the exact opposite reaction to Distrivt 9 compared to me. I didn't give a shhit about any of the characters so I didn't like it at all. Weird how that can happen. I wish I was a psycology student. Then I could weite a thesis on the subject.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 18 November 2012 07:08:45
    Goldfinger 10/10

Utter James Bond classic. Connery has the clothes, the cool and the car.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 07:25:50
    Livid (2011)

Has anyone seen this ?
    The title makes me laugh, although the DVD cover looks scary in a Paranormal Activity style.
  • woodnotes 18 Nov 2012 09:37:31 4,921 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Super 8 - 7.75/10

I have to say, the first half of the film was probably a 9/10 for me. The Spielberg influence was clearly there, and I have no doubt that if I was 10 then this would be one of my favourite movies. Unfortunately however, it loses it for me when the CGI monster starts to appear, and then loses it more and more every time it makes another appearance. I think less is more, a forgotten element when making this movie. The atmosphere however, especially in the build-up to the "incident" was incredible. And I wish more movies wouldn't be afraid of using kids as leads like this - I quickly took myself back to their age when watching and it made the film much more engaging from that standpoint. So, overall a good film that could have been so much more.

Edited by woodnotes at 09:39:58 18-11-2012
  • woodnotes 18 Nov 2012 09:40:08 4,921 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Safety not Guaranteed

But did you not hate that ending as I did? I enjoyed it so much until that very final scene.
  • Gambit1977 18 Nov 2012 09:42:00 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Safety not Guaranteed

But did you not hate that ending as I did? I enjoyed it so much until that very final scene.
    I'll spoiler this, seriously, those who haven't seen it. Don't ruin it by reading:

i didn't hate it, but more because as I said to my friends, it may just have vapourised them :lol:
  • woodnotes 18 Nov 2012 10:47:51 4,921 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Safety not Guaranteed

I'll spoiler this, seriously, those who haven't seen it. Don't ruin it by reading:

i didn't hate it, but more because as I said to my friends, it may just have vapourised them :lol:
    But the CGI certainly didn't imply that at all. Especially with the way they (and the boat) cleanly disappeared but the others standing next to the lake were still fine. I'd rather than ending had been a lot more ambiguous, or at least just kept in line with the guy just being crazy, but not all bad.

Edited by woodnotes at 10:48:14 18-11-2012
  • beastmaster 18 Nov 2012 11:08:00 11,155 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - "It's the fucking bird guy!"/10

Superb film that's not underrated but just overlooked. One of those great films that everyone missed.

Forrest Whitaker stars as the eponymous Ghost Dog. Not someone you'd immediately associate with the code or training of a samurai. However he's superb and carries it off with ease.

Polt wise, it's a fairly straightforward setup. Ghost gets hired to whack someone but leaves a witness. Mob goes after him. That's it.

It's a very understated film but it's directed by Jim Jarmusch and as such, comes with it's own unique style. The mob characters in this film are a load of clapped out old gits who almost border on characture. They're obsessed with Felix the Cat cartoons for some reason.

It's also very, very funny. Ghost's best mate is a French ice cream salesman who doesn't understand a word of English. Ghost doesn't know a word of French either. It's a lot funnier than I make it sound. It also contains one of the funniest death scenes ever.

All this is rounded off with a superb soundtrack from RZA.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 2704 First / Last