Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2003

  • Page

    of 2712 First / Last

  • -cerberus- 11 Nov 2012 15:48:53 2,469 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The World is Not Enough

    Enjoyed it from beginning to end. As good as GoldeneEye in my book, save for an unconvincing/miscast role or two and some silly bits of dialogue here and there. Title song by [B]Garbage[/B] is ace.

    Enough with these damn Bond flicks now!

    7/10

    Edited by -cerberus- at 15:49:47 11-11-2012

    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

  • mrpon 11 Nov 2012 16:14:27 28,497 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Crispy, that little screen you've got in that pokey living room?

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • TechnoHippy 11 Nov 2012 16:23:05 14,698 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Hunger Games

    A reasonably entertaining knock off of The Running Man and Battle Royale. However it does over stay its welcome, you could easily shave 30 minutes from the cut and it be a better film.

    6/10

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • smugla 11 Nov 2012 16:27:03 2,065 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Savages 3/10

    Benicio Del Toro was great, but what a dire film cant believe how bad it was

    Edited by smugla at 17:13:58 11-11-2012
  • Steve_Perry 11 Nov 2012 16:37:02 3,652 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Skyfall. 7/10.

    Liked the baddie, pretty creepy. Didn't like all the stuff at the end. I can appreciate them giving a nod to the franchises history for the 50th anniversary, but I like Daniel Craig's bond because it offers something different. All the one cheesy one liners with Moneypenny were shite, as was the last ten mins where its revealed who Moneypenny is and who the new M is. Some guy in the cinema was laughing his head off when she said she her name. I'd have thought most people would have worked it out long before then. The same with the new M. All too predictable.

    Still its got some great performances from Dench, Craig and Bardem, and the new Q was alright. The action is great too.

    Not as good as I was expecting but solid enough.

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Tomo 11 Nov 2012 18:56:29 13,882 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I Saw the Devil - 7/10

    Decent Korean revenge flick, but a few too many inconsistencies and bizarre bits of scriptwriting to make it really great.
  • BryanAKADJ 11 Nov 2012 19:53:50 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Harry Potter 1-3

    Bought the 8 film DVD set, watching it with a friend, so far its a bit slow and boring, both of us are noticing flaws here and there, but enjoyable and fun.

    Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

  • Max_Powers 11 Nov 2012 20:01:01 1,089 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Savages 2/10

    Utter garbage. Sadly, Oliver Stone completely lost it. He hasn't made anything good since Any Given Sunday.
  • Gambit1977 11 Nov 2012 20:02:17 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Watch
    Shit. Pure shit.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2012 20:05:32
    Our Day Will Come (2010) 8.5/10

    Picked this up as part of a buy 3 Blu-rays for £20 in HMV. This was the 3rd difficult choice.

    The black and red cover is deceiving to say the least and gives the impression of gangland warfare. The story is nothing of the sort. It is a film about two ostracised redheads. It really is quite original, and never became boring.

    Edited by blacksea at 20:06:47 11-11-2012
  • Gambit1977 11 Nov 2012 20:10:28 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For those that haven't seen it, I thoroughly recommend wild Bill. It's Dexter 'press gang' Fletcher's directorial debut and it's bloody brilliant!

    The kid out of Son of Rambow is superb.
  • Gambit1977 11 Nov 2012 20:11:42 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    The Watch
    Shit. Pure shit.
    I saw it last week, utter garbage with the typical American 'feel good' ending.

    Sad to see the marvellous Richard Ayoade appearing in such tripe, although he was still the best thing in it.
    When every joke is 'suck my balls' you know a movie has problems!
    So poor, I couldn't believe it with the cast (apart from Stiller, as I don't like him).
  • beastmaster 11 Nov 2012 20:42:13 11,199 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    I Saw the Devil - 7/10

    Decent Korean revenge flick, but a few too many inconsistencies and bizarre bits of scriptwriting to make it really great.
    I've just watched a film from the same director.

    A Tale Of Two Sisters - 9/10

    Stunning Korean thriller/horror film that just freaked me the fuck out.

    It's starts off with a girl in a hospital who clearly has been through a traumatic experience. She is then taken home by her dad with her timid sister, to have stepmom waiting for them.

    You can tell that something really terrible has happened there. You just don't know what and it's doesn't do the big reveal till the very end. In the meantime, the film just cranks up the tension to the max and just doesn't let up.

    There are a couple of scenes in this film which I could feel my temperature drop and I got goosebumps all over. What makes it all the better though is that it's not your typical "walking around a quite house waiting for something to make you jump" type scenes. In one of them, you know that something wicked this way comes but the way it's done is just spectacular. The other main scare is in a scene of total hysteria which is freaky enough in itself. Until...

    The rest of the film is excellent in delivering the scares. There are the jumpy moments but most of the time it's what you may call a "creeper". It's up there with The Ring and The Grudge (of which the US remakes were very good films). This has been remade in the US as The Uninvited. I haven't seen that yet but it's meant to be crap.

    Oh yes, and there's no "twist" ending either. You get to find out what really happened and everything just slots together nicely. Apart from the really freaky shit which freaked me the fuck out!

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • Deleted user 11 November 2012 21:27:26
    beastmaster wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    I Saw the Devil - 7/10

    Decent Korean revenge flick, but a few too many inconsistencies and bizarre bits of scriptwriting to make it really great.
    I've just watched a film from the same director.

    A Tale Of Two Sisters - 9/10

    Stunning Korean thriller/horror film that just freaked me the fuck out.

    It's starts off with a girl in a hospital who clearly has been through a traumatic experience. She is then taken home by her dad with her timid sister, to have stepmom waiting for them.

    You can tell that something really terrible has happened there. You just don't know what and it's doesn't do the big reveal till the very end. In the meantime, the film just cranks up the tension to the max and just doesn't let up.

    There are a couple of scenes in this film which I could feel my temperature drop and I got goosebumps all over. What makes it all the better though is that it's not your typical "walking around a quite house waiting for something to make you jump" type scenes. In one of them, you know that something wicked this way comes but the way it's done is just spectacular. The other main scare is in a scene of total hysteria which is freaky enough in itself. Until...

    The rest of the film is excellent in delivering the scares. There are the jumpy moments but most of the time it's what you may call a "creeper". It's up there with The Ring and The Grudge (of which the US remakes were very good films). This has been remade in the US as The Uninvited. I haven't seen that yet but it's meant to be crap.

    Oh yes, and there's no "twist" ending either. You get to find out what really happened and everything just slots together nicely. Apart from the really freaky shit which freaked me the fuck out!
    A Tale Of Two Sisters is great but.. I didn't get it at all..
  • monkehhh 11 Nov 2012 21:41:36 3,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ^ This Korean bloke is directing Arnie's new movie.. can't wait :)
  • BillMurray 11 Nov 2012 21:52:58 7,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Absolutely loved Tale of Two Sisters. Sadly the first and only time I saw it was on a projector screen in a poorly lit room so there were bits I missed.
  • Toonster 11 Nov 2012 22:17:10 6,835 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Skyfall - 8.5/10

    Loads of fun, and nice to see in a year of such lackluster cinema. Completely though Ralph Fiennes was going to be the main baddie, just because he always is :p

    3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

  • craigy Staff 12 Nov 2012 09:23:52 7,541 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hereafter: 8/10
  • glaeken 12 Nov 2012 09:40:23 11,108 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    Is Enemy Mine actually worth watching then?

    It often gets mentioned on here but always as some sort of joke:

    "What's this band I'm thinking of?" "Enemy Mine?"

    Or, "Enemy Mine/10!" etc.
    Hell in the Pacific is much better. It's the film Enemy Mine was based on and has none of the cringe worthy sentimentality.
  • glaeken 12 Nov 2012 09:40:29 11,108 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Toonster 12 Nov 2012 10:08:25 6,835 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

    3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

  • Toonster 12 Nov 2012 10:11:59 6,835 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OK, something very odd is happening where it seems like the last post dates back to July, but when I actually write a comment, it brings me to the most recent page with all the most recent comments.

    On the forum page, the last page is listed as number 1,910.

    edit: never mind it seems to be fine now. Everyone back to their regularly scheduled lives.

    Edited by Toonster at 10:12:54 12-11-2012

    3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

  • Deckard1 12 Nov 2012 10:13:48 27,266 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If the last post is a deleted post it causes a worm hole that sends the forum back to a random date in the past. Its really quite clever.
  • kalel 12 Nov 2012 10:16:04 86,426 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a significant bug really. I find it fairly surprising it's still around.
  • Deckard1 12 Nov 2012 10:18:28 27,266 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Watch
  • Deckard1 12 Nov 2012 10:18:41 27,266 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deckard1 12 Nov 2012 10:23:17 27,266 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • evild_edd 12 Nov 2012 10:24:55 3,019 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    Skyfall - 8.5/10

    Loads of fun, and nice to see in a year of such lackluster cinema. Completely though Ralph Fiennes was going to be the main baddie, just because he always is :p
    That's funny, because I found Skyfall the very definition of lackluster.

    You're not wrong though. The films I was most lokking forward to have gone as follows:

    Prometheus - a mess (a pretty one, but still a mess)
    The Dark Knight Rises - Solid, but failed to light my fire for some reason. (I do need to see it again now I've killed my own hype)
    Skyfall - boring and Bond turned a bit rapey. (Bardem rescued it. Just.)

    I'm now very worried for The Hobbit. Absolutely love the LotR trilogy, but with the splitting of this in to three films, a dull initial trailer and reports of the film technology making it look a little funky, I've grown very nervous. The more recent, better trailer has given me some hope; let's hope it's not just a fool's hope.

    Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

  • Deckard1 12 Nov 2012 10:57:41 27,266 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ted

    I lolled. Mila Kunis is unbelievably hot in this.

    8/10
  • Page

    of 2712 First / Last

Log in or register to reply