• Page

of 2767 First / Last

• woodnotes 9 Nov 2012 23:50:27 4,924 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    kingnothing12 wrote:
    The Shining 10/10

First time watching it and luckily they were showing it at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham. Wow what an awesome first viewing, cinema was packed but no one made a sound. It was also the rare American cut, which had a couple of new scenes according to friends. Jack Nicholson is insanely good in this, a true menacing grin and the slow build is perfect, also props to the score which really set the tone for the entire film.
    Nealry all Kubrick films have a UK cut.

Awesome film.
    Ooh would have loved to seen The Shining at a cinema. Certainly fighting for the top spot for my favourite film of all time. It's also the film that cemented Jack Nicholson as my favourite actor. What a performance.
  • -cerberus- 10 Nov 2012 01:34:24 2,834 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Vacancy

Directed by Nimród Antal (Predators), Vacancy is quite entertaining and has some interesting camera work but the whole thing is ultimately very forgettable. And that Luke Wilson bloke is such a shite actor, much like his brother. I really can't think of a single flick in which he delivered a memorable performance.

5/10

---

Tomorrow Never Dies

I don't think I've seen this one before and even if I did, I wouldn't blame myself for having forgotten all about it. With such an uninteresting story, uninspired villains, dull action scenes, poorly written dialogues and one of the absolute worst opening songs in Bond film history with Sheryl Crow uncontrollably shouting the chorus as if there was no tomorrow, this truly is one of the worst Bond movies ever made.

Retarded/10

Edited by -cerberus- at 03:12:14 10-11-2012

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Khanivor 10 Nov 2012 01:39:23 40,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Chronicle - 7/10

About time a found footage movie wasn't a horror/monster movie. The device was getting rather strained by the end but I was enjoying myself none the less.
  • Madder-Max 10 Nov 2012 01:59:51 11,649 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Iron Skies. Fucking awful/10. I turned it off after 30 mins. Apparently its a comedy although there was fuck all to laugh at. Total shite.
    Really? Come on now.

There's a black guy! PRETENDING TO BE A WHITE GUY. They even have him in "white face" makeup, and trying to connect with his former black friends. But they don't trust him. Because he looks white!

There's even some biting political commentary about a Sarah Palin lookalike getting advised by - get this - actual Nazis. (because the Republicans in America are like Nazis, get it?)

How could one's sides not split.
    LOL! My point exactly

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Pac-man-ate-my-wife 10 Nov 2012 06:41:22 7,010 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @woodnotes a rerelease is touring the country as we speak: http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/bfi-film-releases/shining

Check out www.findanyfilm.com to see if its on near you!
  • Madder-Max 10 Nov 2012 10:14:20 11,649 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Men in black 3 - 9/10

Excellent. Watch it. Very good. Can't score it a 10 because I gave The Raid a 10 and that film is a bit special.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• craigy Staff 10 Nov 2012 11:27:36 7,653 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Frankenstein (1994): 5/10
  • Deleted user 10 November 2012 11:39:18
    Con Air - ?/10

Could only get about 30 seconds into this then had to stop. American army rangers lead the way blah blah blah. /vomits
  • Moot_Point 10 Nov 2012 11:41:23 4,063 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    /popcorn

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 10 November 2012 11:41:50
    fuck it
  • 1Dgaf 10 Nov 2012 14:43:56 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tron 2 - 4/10.

Looked great, but there hardly any tension. So little as to border on none. And there are bits that make no sense. The hero meets a sexy woman that helps him, but doesn't ask any questions of her. Although they're in a digital world, the people still have to eat. There's a shot of them sitting around a table eating roast chicken with green beans. Eh?

Why is Jeff Bridges doing a Big Lebowski impression? Was the character like that in the first film? If so, tone it down in the second. He's become famous for satirising that type of person.

At least it has a decent Darth Maul style character and great music. The film's all atmosphere and nothing else.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 14:44:49 10-11-2012

Edited by 1Dgaf at 15:03:37 10-11-2012

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• TechnoHippy 10 Nov 2012 14:51:41 14,714 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Silent House

Pretty good, although I have renamed the film to "Blondie's Boobs". A little predictable, but worth a watch.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• CharlieStCloud 10 Nov 2012 15:00:55 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Silent House

Pretty good, although I have renamed the film to "Blondie's Boobs". A little predictable, but worth a watch.

7/10
    She has such a crackling pair to the point that they sucked all the tension out of the film ... her fault!

It was very interesting to watch to see the smoothness of each cut as I can faintly recall one scene that was a little bit jarring, but that's about it - really quite clever.
  • Derblington 10 Nov 2012 15:19:04 21,610 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Men in black 3 - 9/10

Excellent. Watch it. Very good. Can't score it a 10 because I gave The Raid a 10 and that film is a bit special.
    O_O
  • TechnoHippy 10 Nov 2012 16:03:52 14,714 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Safe House

Denzel is his usual self. Overall it's reasonably entertaining, but nothing special.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 10 November 2012 16:08:53
    Enemy Mine - Enemy Mine/10
  • WoodenSpoon 10 Nov 2012 17:01:12 12,285 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Enemy Mine actually worth watching then?

It often gets mentioned on here but always as some sort of joke:

"What's this band I'm thinking of?" "Enemy Mine?"

Or, "Enemy Mine/10!" etc.
  • Deleted user 10 November 2012 17:08:59
    Enemy Mine just is.
  • Gambit1977 10 Nov 2012 17:10:49 9,643 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ted
    A teddy bear saying fuck all the time should grow tiresome!

Enemy mine/10
  • Moot_Point 10 Nov 2012 17:13:58 4,063 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Yeah. I found enemy mine shit too. ;)

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deckard1 10 Nov 2012 17:38:03 27,981 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Silly bastard
  • craigy Staff 10 Nov 2012 18:24:52 7,653 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    State and Main: 4/10

Either I'm not clever enough to get Mamet, or he's not as clever as he reckons.
  • Rodney 10 Nov 2012 22:02:28 1,892 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Similar to me. I had a vague and mostly dormant memory of watching the film about 20  years ago.  Now and again something would remind me of it but I had no idea what it was called. Then one day after reading countless references to it on here the penny dropped and I realised it was THAT film.

Im not surr if the praise on here is ironic or not but ill watch it again one day out of curiosity
  • WrongShui 10 Nov 2012 23:10:38 6,618 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To find films you randomly remember elements of just use IMDBs key word filters, works a treat, found all sorts of shit I watched when I was six and couldnt remember the names.
  • Gambit1977 11 Nov 2012 00:10:48 9,643 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @Gambit1977 Yeah. I found enemy mine shit too. ;)
    Shut your dirty whore mouth!!
  • beastmaster 11 Nov 2012 00:39:48 11,412 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lockout - 6/10

Quite entertaining. Although the opening sequence has got some truly, truly, truly awful CGI. Predictable in the extreme as well. The babe looked better with dark hair.

Oh, and totally agree 100% about Elizabeth Olsen and her totally magnificent breasts. She looks as though she's turning into a cracking actress. She was superb in Martha... and I've seen her in Liberal Arts which is a decent, quirky rom-com.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• -cerberus- 11 Nov 2012 00:47:03 2,834 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago

Pretty decent for a fan film, me thinks!

7/10

---

Die Another Day

Didn't even sit through the whole thing. The absolute worst of the Brosnan Bond flicks.

Bollocks/10

---

Underworld: Awakening

Let me be clear about this, these movies are fucking stupid and the perfect example of Hollywood's mantra: style over substance. That being said, I enjoyed the Rise of the Lycans was about. [I]Awakening[/I] is about as mediocre and clichéd as its subtitle suggests BUT there are a few elements that make it worth watching [I]once[/I]; visually it's the most atmospheric of the four, secondly we have the phenomenal actor Charles Dance in a small but interesting role as a pacifist vampire leader, there's some fairly entertaining and fun to watch action and quite a bit of gore.

6/10

Edited by -cerberus- at 02:31:02 11-11-2012

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Deleted user 11 November 2012 02:55:46
    woodnotes wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    kingnothing12 wrote:
    The Shining 10/10

First time watching it and luckily they were showing it at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham. Wow what an awesome first viewing, cinema was packed but no one made a sound. It was also the rare American cut, which had a couple of new scenes according to friends. Jack Nicholson is insanely good in this, a true menacing grin and the slow build is perfect, also props to the score which really set the tone for the entire film.
    Nealry all Kubrick films have a UK cut.

Awesome film.
    Ooh would have loved to seen The Shining at a cinema. Certainly fighting for the top spot for my favourite film of all time. It's also the film that cemented Jack Nicholson as my favourite actor. What a performance.
    Yeah me too, although I have my own cinema :)
  • Page

of 2767 First / Last