Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 1983

• Page

of 2704 First / Last

• boo 16 Oct 2012 10:34:06 11,703 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    More votes for Slap Shot. Tis an awesome film.

Why are you smashing up the team coach?

To make it look mean!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 16:17:00
    Ok this is more of a made for tv movie..

but Holy Flying circus

Really funny look at the furore surrounding the release of The life of Brian. The scriptwriting, and the tone of the whole film was spot on. It Easily felt like a Monty pyhton piece. The intentional caricatures were spot on, and plenty of gags to be had. Infact the gags were endless. they kept coming and coming and coming, be it through the script or visual. Darren boyd as John cleese 'Basil' i thought was fantastic. The whole film, although could have been a python peice, never felt forced as well, it had all the visual ques, noises, rhythm and timing, but it still felt spontaneous and unique. i hope the writers get another chance to do something more with what they have here.

Took me by surprise, even though i'm a fairly big fan of all the python/spike miligan etc stuff. really enjoyed it. 8.5/10
  • sirtacos 17 Oct 2012 05:46:03 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Triangle

The most convincing portrayal of hell ever put to screen.
    Granted, I haven't seen Jacob's Ladder, so my opinion may not be worth much.
    Anyway, it's part mystery film, part horrible nightmare.

I know Looper is a very different film, with different aims and a different audience in mind, but still, Triangle makes me look back on Looper in a much less forgiving light.

It also makes me want to watch Groundhog Day again, and wonder what Bill Murray did right in order to grow into a God, while lesser men and women, in his shoes, would go murderously insane.

7/10

Edited by sirtacos at 05:47:53 17-10-2012
  • Tonka 17 Oct 2012 07:34:13 20,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What with the Looper remark? As much as I liked Triangle I hink Looper has it beaten in every department.

except body count and sack heads

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sirtacos 17 Oct 2012 08:08:07 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I genuinely can't remember where I was going with that.

So maybe I was just trolling. Looper was ok. Triangle isn't much better; just less known. So I guess I was being a hipster troll.

Although, to Triangle's credit, you can't go wrong with sack heads and infinite corpses
  • Rhythm 17 Oct 2012 09:35:23 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ATM - 5/10 - average but totally watchable, yet another one-room thriller, of which there seem to be tons of on Netflix :-)
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 10:10:05
    Looper 9/10

Loved it. Great, easy to follow story. Brilliant grungy future setting but realistically enough time still be depressing. Enough fantasy fiction in their to keep me entertained with some good acting and great action sequences. Infinitely better than the matrix!
  • mikeck 17 Oct 2012 10:56:46 1,901 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have Triangle, but haven't watched it since it was first released; I am really struggling to remember a lot of it. I know I enjoyed it though. Must watch again then :)
  • Tonka 17 Oct 2012 11:01:17 20,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Triangel is one hell of a film. I went in expecting something along the linea of Retroactive and got a real shock when it turned into a thriller/horror type film

I guess I'm a bit overprotective about Looper since it felt as if it was tailormade for me.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• spindle9988 17 Oct 2012 11:07:05 3,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I watched Kill List again over the weekend. I still dont like it very much. Still dont really understand it either
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 11:29:04
    Old Boy

Watched it pissed up a fair few years ago and decided to watch it again to see if my vague memories of how terrifying it was were accurate or beer induced.

Definitely the former. The octopus scene, the corridor attack, the teeth, the tongue....so much eye-watering violence.

It was a shame that I remembered the twist as soon as the girl was introduced but I hadn't noticed how well the whole film was shot - some really great camera work.
  • Blakester 18 Oct 2012 12:49:21 3,567 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wild Bill

I just love films that seemingly come out of nowhere and blow you away. It's a little bit like if Unforgiven was set in Straford, East London. It's a powerful film which is by turns, gritty, grim, sweet-natured and uplifting.

Charlie Creed-Miles plays Bill, recently released from an 8 stretch in prison, returning home to find his two young sons have been abandoned by their mother. The story revolves around Bill's inner struggle to both go straight and decide whether he can be a good father to his kids.

Will Poulter is terrific as the eldest son, and I barely recognized Liz White (Annie from Life on Mars) playing against type as a prostitute. Probably the only weak link is Andy Serkis who overplays the gang boss.

85%

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Tomo 18 Oct 2012 13:21:22 13,878 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Triangle is a great little film!
  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 13:25:16
    The King of Comedy

Scorsese and De Niro at their peak. Hell, even Sandra Bernhard was good in it too.

Not seen it before but will definitely give it a repeat viewing soon.
  • Razz 18 Oct 2012 14:15:10 60,750 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dredd 3D

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! What a piece of shit film.

Spoilers
    Possibly the worst film I've ever seen on the lbig screen. Some good combat moments if a bit OTT. I'm not a comic book fan, I assume the excessive violence is based on that medium, but it's not something that sits well with me as I deplore excessive gore. Much of the scenes in the film felt very ameteurish style over substance bullshit, the mini gun scene being a prime example. The dialogue was awful, the film is riddled with plot holes and logic fails. One thing in particular that bugged me was aren't there helicopters in the future? I mean surely, they could have got evac from the outdoor skateboard park conveniently located on the 75th floor, you know that skatepark that isn't surrounded by a safety fence... on the 75th floor. o_O

4/10

Edited by Razz at 23:47:14 18-10-2012

Edited by Razz at 23:48:07 18-10-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deckard1 18 Oct 2012 14:19:21 27,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah
  • BinaryBob101 18 Oct 2012 16:34:21 22,278 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cool spoilers Razz!

Beautiful tender beings.

• sport 18 Oct 2012 16:54:19 12,522 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Razz is back on the bush.
  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 20:53:24
    8mm - 8mm/10

"Sir, can I interest you in a battery operated vagina?"

Grungy depressing and full of perverted shit. What more could you want from a film.
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 18 Oct 2012 23:13:17 405 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull - 3/10

Shia Laboeuf. The gopher. The fridge. Swinging monkeys. Bloody aliens.

The greatest minds in all of film and noone thought to veto just one of these ideas? Hollywood is done for.
  • Razz 18 Oct 2012 23:44:09 60,750 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Cool spoilers Razz!
    No spoilers imo, but I've edited the post just the same. Apologies.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 19 October 2012 00:08:45
    Moneyball - very good. good script, nice direction, and throughly absorbing. 8/10
  • catterz 19 Oct 2012 01:07:14 8,763 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Prometheus - 7/10

Some good scenes, though some questionable decisions, for example:

Really?

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• SilentTristero 19 Oct 2012 01:10:51 291 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just watched...

Paranormal Activity 4

...and I could well have been watching 1, 2 or 3. Formula remains identical. A kettle might discretely boil itself, the family pet is vaguely unsettled - and then suddenly it's raining knives and the dad's head is in the oven on a slow-cook setting. If you insist on digging through the many, many folds for a semblance of plot, you'll find it edges ever so slightly further from the last film, and that was a prequel set in the 80's.

I get that they don't want to go full-on David Cage and blow any sense of realism out of the water with crazy revelations and details, but I quite like the handling of mythology and possession here... I just need a little more from each installment. There's no way they can make a fifth and go through the same 'Weird shit gradually gets weirder' routine.

The girl I was with jumped a few less times than she did during 3, if that's of any help to anyone.

I give it 1, 2, 3 and 4 out of 10. These numbers may or may not be combined to varying degrees.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 01:29:11
    A review I read chided it for ridiculous product placement. A GHOST PLAYS KINECT.
  • SilentTristero 19 Oct 2012 01:41:47 291 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well in a family of 4 (The kids are like 5 and 15), they have 3 Macbooks. Each has a seemingly endless battery life and infinite HDD capacity (The Macs, not the kids).

Kinect's inclusion I can forgive, it's the main 'innovation' in a series that has always been about the abundance of cameras available in a home. It certainly wasn't going to be the Gameboy Pocket Camera and Printer, was it?

Besides, the number of people who still have a Kinect in their living room may well be proportionate to the number of people who think it's reasonable to record footage of every room in their enormous home, 24 hours a day, for over a month. And then proceed to not watch any of it.

I can't recall any other products mentioned, but that might say more about me.

Edited by SilentTristero at 01:46:44 19-10-2012

Edited by SilentTristero at 01:47:24 19-10-2012
  • Mola_Ram 19 Oct 2012 01:53:51 6,946 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    meme wrote:
    A review I read chided it for ridiculous product placement. A GHOST PLAYS KINECT.
    Maybe that's why the Kinect doesn't work.
  • SilentTristero 19 Oct 2012 01:54:47 291 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Actually, my own remark got me thinking. Regarding the Macbook as product placement -

The girl is distinctly unable to work out how to view her own recorded footage. Her boyfriend mumbles something about 'exporting the file as a Quicktime', but her inability to use the machine means she misses some pretty damning video evidence. Product advertising, or precautionary tale?

Edited by SilentTristero at 01:57:44 19-10-2012
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 02:00:45
    Macs. They just work.
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last