Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 1976

• Page

of 2872 First / Last

• beastmaster 8 Oct 2012 19:56:19 12,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @monkehhh

Thanks. It's been getting in the way of my gaming at the moment though. The problem is with film festivals is that I don't get to eat any proper food or get much in the way of fresh air. Much as I loved it, it's great to be back to normal.

But film festivals not withstanding, I just love films. I think this year has been one of the best in a very long time. But the best thing is, the oscar bait material is going to get released soon. Still come quality films to come this year. I hope.

Edited by beastmaster at 19:56:43 08-10-2012

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 8 October 2012 20:19:55
    Hidden (Caché) (2005) 7/10

Daniel Auteuil is good, as are all the cast. The film is intriguing from the outset, and moves along at an ok pace. There was no real ending as such. All in all the whole experience was quite disappointing. Interesting but ultimately disappointing.

For a brief moment I thought I missed the point of the film. On watching the extras, an interview the director, it confirmed what I thought, a film about guilt.

The cover is covered in *****. It should be ***

Edited by blacksea at 20:21:40 08-10-2012
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 20:26:22
    Shutter Island

Amazing!

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?

10/10
  • L0cky 8 Oct 2012 20:34:25 1,560 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Prometheus

7 and a half out of 10

Not relative to unachievable hype.
  • Gruff 8 Oct 2012 21:04:40 2,949 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Thing 6/10 Latest one, not a patch the the original, why did they bother yada,yada,yada.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• sirtacos 9 Oct 2012 02:34:20 7,378 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Confessions

Overwrought Japanese histrionics.
    Style over substance - It's like a 2-hour long MTV music video.
    The editing gets really tiresome.
    It's a shame, because the plot (grieving mother concocts elaborate revenge plan on schoolkids) is good.

The imdb rating (7.8) is baffling.
    Still - enjoyable despite its faults.

6/10
  • Gambit1977 9 Oct 2012 03:16:45 10,384 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    Confessions

Overwrought Japanese histrionics.
    Style over substance - It's like a 2-hour long MTV music video.
    The editing gets really tiresome.
    It's a shame, because the plot (grieving mother concocts elaborate revenge plan on schoolkids) is good.

The imdb rating (7.8) is baffling.
    Still - enjoyable despite its faults.

6/10
    Your 6/10 is baffling!
  • craigy Staff 9 Oct 2012 08:54:55 7,851 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Killing Room: 7/10. Curious little movie. Peter Stormare was great.
    Rest Stop: 1/10. Straight to DVD junk that made absolutely no sense.
  • repairmanjack 9 Oct 2012 09:12:12 6,082 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Raid. 8.5/10

Holy shit! How many people died just making the trailer? Fantastic action movie.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 09:42:52
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 09:43:10
    @blacksea

blacksea wrote:
    Hidden (Caché) (2005) 7/10

Daniel Auteuil is good, as are all the cast. The film is intriguing from the outset, and moves along at an ok pace. There was no real ending as such. All in all the whole experience was quite disappointing. Interesting but ultimately disappointing.

For a brief moment I thought I missed the point of the film. On watching the extras, an interview the director, it confirmed what I thought, a film about guilt.

The cover is covered in *****. It should be ***
    Heh, i watched this when my sisters friends just happened to come round. The same shot which lasts for about 5 minutes was occuring.. .they were like ooooooook.

Certainly an interesting film. And one film i think if you allowed it to could really get under your skin. Despite the main family being 'above' everyone else they all still fall into the same character traits when you are being violated or watched - racism, outbursts of violence etc. Really clever film making, of starting to put you in that position of watching and judging them, but as a film to recommend to someone in general you can't.

also juliette binoche is rather lovely.

Edited by joelstinton at 09:43:48 09-10-2012
  • evild_edd 9 Oct 2012 09:59:57 3,201 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bronson

Been sitting on the Sky+ box for a while.

Stylistically very interesting (not that I'd expect any different from the director of Drive), another synth/electro 80's soundtrack. Question: Is that a trandemark NWR uses in all his films?

Very solid and unhinged performance from Tom Hardy. Loved the sections where he's addressing the imaginary audience. I almost makes him an endearing character at times, through his eccentricity. Less keen on the camera's insistent on showing his withered penis, but then obviously his insistence on fighting people in the nude is obviously a key feature.

The film's major problem is that there's not much room for character development: he's an angry, violent individual at the start of the film, he's one thoroughout, and he ends as one.

Within the limitations of the story, it did a very good job.

7/10

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Razz 9 Oct 2012 10:01:53 61,664 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Blood and Bone

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Funniest film I've seen in a long time, the acting is awful, the plot is a joke! Like every over martial arts film really...

It's a borderline Blaxploitation martial arts film with very exciting and brutal fighting scenes and epic amounts of pouting. I loved Dante Basco (Rufio from Hook) providing comic relief.

I did like how it goes again the grain in some areas, such as the main character not having a love interest, or ever losing a fight and having to go through a difficult transition to become a better fighter, it's all very neat and tidy. The only parts difficult to watch were the cringy POSITIVE MESSAGE bits.

Loved it

9/10

Edited by Razz at 10:04:20 09-10-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Tonka 9 Oct 2012 11:33:34 21,364 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What to expect when you're expecting
    How hard can it be to make a comedy about people getting their first child? Quite hard apparently. I've seen a few comedies on the theme cause I expected it would be a sure way to get some cheap laughs.

"What to expect..." is the best one I've seen so far. Wich isn't saying much.

For fans of the genre.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• craigy Staff 9 Oct 2012 12:28:37 7,851 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tonka Chris Rock for me was the best thing about What To Expect... -- the whole Dad's club thing was great.
  • Tonka 9 Oct 2012 12:43:59 21,364 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @craigy Funny thing about the dad's club. My wife looked like one big question mark through each and every scene where they featured.

"What was that about?"
    "I didn't get it either honey, probably some american in jokes." (lied I)

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:50:53
    Watched THE BETRAYED last night. Melissa George was lovely as usual but the film itself was a little meh - 5/10

And INDIE GAME THE MOVIE - great subject matter, very poor documentary - 3/10
  • bad09 9 Oct 2012 17:45:18 6,256 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rhythm

See I really enjoyed Indie Game, what didn't you like about it out of interest?
  • phAge 9 Oct 2012 20:01:30 24,447 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dredd.

Surprisingly good - and hilariously violent (in a good, artsy way). The plot works OK, and it sticks nicely to the comic aesthetics and mood.

Will probably look and sound awesome on BD as well.

85/100
  • mrpon 9 Oct 2012 20:02:22 29,590 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• mrpon 9 Oct 2012 20:03:44 29,590 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 9 October 2012 21:07:36
    Red Road (2006)

Production 7/10
    Story 3/10

Have always known of this films existence, and finally got to watch it.

There are different ways of viewing Red Road. It is well acted, located in Glasgow which means it looks grim, and when the lead goes to the party, becomes intense. Those are the positives. And the negatives?

One word to describe the story - absurd. I went into Red Road not knowing what to expect. At first I was expecting some clever story told through CCTV. But no. At the start of the film there is a lot of focus on an overweight dog. This automatically led me to think the story was going to be drug related, drugs hidden inside a dog. But no, I got that wrong.

You are never going to believe this: Red Road is about a woman who wants revenge by having sex with a male who in his younger days lost control of a car while high on crack cocaine and killed the woman’s daughter and got a lengthy prison as a result. She want to make it look like she had been raped. She drops the rape charges. Maybe I’m missing something. How many women want revenge on someone by having sex with them?

Edited by blacksea at 21:08:51 09-10-2012
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 21:24:03
    The Grey- 9/10

Brilliant film. Not what I was expecting at all.
  • Gruff 9 Oct 2012 21:25:02 2,949 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    The Raid. 8.5/10

Holy shit! How many people died just making the trailer? Fantastic action movie.
    Watched this as well last night 8/10 not my usual thing (not into chop sockey stuff) but the sheer athleticism of these guys was baffling

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• GuiltySpark 9 Oct 2012 21:43:14 6,470 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ginger Snaps - 6/10

Bit shit really. Though I guess as menstruation as a main theme means that I'm not exactly the target audience.

Looper - 8/10

Absolutely adore Brick, but this is just less well realised as a film, and it was a bit of a mess. Less cohesive and just generally not as tight. Too many ideas I reckon. An admirable failure.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 21:43:45 09-10-2012

Get bent.

• JoeBlade 9 Oct 2012 21:58:47 2,672 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Grave of the Fireflies

I've put it off for quite some time and now I realise why... I'd say score just doesn't apply at all and not because it's a bad film; far, Far from it in fact.
    Shot ahead of Apocalypse Now, Shindler's List and Band of Brothers as the penultimate cinematographic plea against the utter insanity/stupidity of war as far as I'm concerned, if that is any indication. The rest is up to the viewer...
  • speedofthepuma 9 Oct 2012 22:14:41 13,320 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Predators 8/10

Perfectly fine. I think the best thing they could have done with this series t this point.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Mikeeeboy1 10 Oct 2012 01:54:48 167 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Expendables 2
    I can't be arsed to give much of a comment apart from it has tons of action held together with dull pointless dialogue that does nothing to make you care or inform you about the characters.
    The jokes are shit to.
    I don't think today's Hollywood writers/directors/ producers and actors understand what makes a good action movie anymore!
    30/100
    Next....
  • Page

of 2872 First / Last