• gooner77 26 Sep 2012 08:39:50 743 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hangover part 2 7/10

an unadventurous re tread of the first but still had lots of good jokes
  • Stranded87 26 Sep 2012 09:09:33 882 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CrispyXUK I didn't dislike it, as I said it's possibly even quite good, I just had higher expectations for it so was quite disappointed.

Edited by Stranded87 at 09:09:41 26-09-2012
  • dr_swin 26 Sep 2012 09:18:49 4,887 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Warrior

Interesting character drama interspersed with some brutal cage fighting. It built towards a predictable finale but I did not have a clue as to which of the main protagonists was going to triumph in the end - which is a mark of how good the story telling was. A cracking yarn.

8/10
  • Blakester 26 Sep 2012 09:29:56 3,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snow White and the Huntsman

I don't get it. It's violent and dark, but still a fairly basic retelling of the Snow White fairy tale. So who's it aimed at exactly? Not kids that's for sure, but it's neither interesting or complex enough for adults.

It's almost like the studio wanted to try and capture the spirit and tone of the awesome Pan's Labyrinth but completely misunderstood everything that make that film a classic.

Kinda liked the dwarfs though.

45%

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• FogHeart 26 Sep 2012 10:13:52 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So who's it aimed at exactly? Not kids that's for sure, but it's neither interesting or complex enough for adults.
    Now, what is too old to be a kid, too young to be an adult, likes 'dark and violent' because it's a bit grown up but doesn't like interesting and complex because that's what people who are old enjoy? :)
  • kalel 26 Sep 2012 10:15:44 86,743 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    Warrior

Interesting character drama interspersed with some brutal cage fighting. It built towards a predictable finale but I did not have a clue as to which of the main protagonists was going to triumph in the end - which is a mark of how good the story telling was. A cracking yarn.

8/10
    Hmm, I thought it was incredibly obvious who was going to win.

Other than that pretty good though.
  • UncleLou Moderator 26 Sep 2012 10:20:14 35,483 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Dead Man's Shoes is the best revenge film ever. As well as possibly the best film ever.
    It's a tough watch, but a fucking fantastic film.
    Imagine how tough it is for a non-native speaker, seeing how the DVD has no bloody subtitles! :-P

Loved it even if I didn't understand every dialogue.
  • -cerberus- 26 Sep 2012 10:24:09 2,635 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hard Rain

Fairly entertaining action flick starring Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater. What sets it apart from other mindless action flicks is that it takes place in a flooded and deserted town. I think it's beautifully shot but the abrupt ending makes the whole thing feel so forgettable. In short: beautifully shot, entertaining but forgettable.

6/10

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Load_2.0 26 Sep 2012 10:26:27 19,092 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Franklyn.

Meanwhile City looked great and overall the film was pretty to look at. Not sure I quite understood Eva Green's character or completely grasped the relevance of the janitor. Overall a moderately interesting film and theme.

6.5/10

Had to google Preest to make sure it was Ryan Phillipe when he first appeared.
  • darkengy 26 Sep 2012 10:50:26 98 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Howl's Moving Castle

9/10

It was magical & romantic~

• sport 26 Sep 2012 10:59:04 12,666 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Blakester wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Dead Man's Shoes is the best revenge film ever. As well as possibly the best film ever.
    It's a tough watch, but a fucking fantastic film.
    Imagine how tough it is for a non-native speaker, seeing how the DVD has no bloody subtitles! :-P

YU, YA CONT!
  • RedSparrows 26 Sep 2012 11:02:40 22,205 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Franklyn.

Meanwhile City looked great and overall the film was pretty to look at. Not sure I quite understood Eva Green's character or completely grasped the relevance of the janitor. Overall a moderately interesting film and theme.

6.5/10

I'd like to see that again. I remember being a bit disappointed it was all in his head or w/e. I remember it being advertised as a fantasy shooter thing - Meanwhile City was cool, and Eva Green was hoootttt.
  • mcmonkeyplc 26 Sep 2012 11:13:54 39,406 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone seen Looper yet?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• mcmonkeyplc 26 Sep 2012 11:14:46 39,406 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Probably not cause it's not out till Friday...Doh.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• -cerberus- 26 Sep 2012 11:15:49 2,635 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    UncleLou wrote: Imagine how tough it is for a non-native speaker, seeing how the DVD has no bloody subtitles! :-P

I'm Belgian and understood it perfectly. :cool:

• Deleted user 26 September 2012 11:22:06
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Probably not cause it's not out till Friday...Doh.
    Yep, it's great. My review is a few pages back.
  • BinaryBob101 26 Sep 2012 13:03:18 22,617 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Franklyn.

6.5/10

I'd like to see that again. I remember being a bit disappointed it was all in his head or w/e. I remember it being advertised as a fantasy shooter thing - Meanwhile City was cool, and Eva Green was hoootttt.
    Yeah, I watched this last night too. It was all a bit low-rent Terry Gilliam for me, although Terry Gilliam can be a bit low-rent too sometimes. All the way through I was thinking, please don't invalidate the whole thing by being a fantasy in a nutcase's head, but that's exactly what it was. Meh.

5/10

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• BryanAKADJ 26 Sep 2012 15:59:44 284 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pokémon 2000: The Power Of One

"Though their purposes not yet clear, tens of thousands of Pokémon are now making their way toward the island, water Pokémon are coming by sea, flying Pokémon are coming by air and those unable to make the crossing are massing up in the land nearest the Island."

Just found that a bit funny, I'm just at the halfway mark now, but I'd just like to call total BS on the bit where they did a perfect back-flip on a sailboat, seriously, a PERFECT BACK-FLIP, its sails weren't up yet but the boat can go without it well enough, then with the hard winds picking up more, she(-I forgot her name, just a movie only character I assume[MELODY, thats her name]) puts the sails up and starts flying the fucking thing.
    Why does that Slowking talk? I'll probably find out later in the movie, but his probably 3rd line was "I could use pants..."
    I like how all the adults have decided to stay indoors and just "hope" for all the 4 kids 10-16 years old to be safe.
    and I like how Ashs first idea to set Moltres & Zapedos free is to run right into their force field like jails, he doesn't throw a punch or anything, just runs right into it *bonk* "Grrrrrrrrrr-my idea didn't work, it was a full proof plan as well.".
    Right, if I question this movies logic and coincidences anymore this'll be a much much longer post than it already is.
    Lugias build-up was decent but his appearing was so sudden and anti-climactic.
    AND WHY THE HELL CAN THAT SLOWKING TALK.
    What the hell? Now Lugia has a voice, and not an awesome epic LUGIA voice, if that makes sense, just sounds like an ordinary guy named Bob trying to sound epic and deep, but not doing it well at all.
    Slowkings talking is never explained, neither is how he knows Ashs name.

Sound was good, animation was good-though one bit where they tried mixing the animation in with a cgi bit or something like that didn't mix well, but thats just a brief moment, story was alright.

All in all I'd give this a 8/10, I'd give it a 7 but I add one for the amazingness of Lugia's Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqS_HDh_Ss&feature=relmfu

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• LeoliansBro 26 Sep 2012 16:08:59 43,610 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    water Pokémon are coming by sea, flying Pokémon are coming by air
    Those crazy kooky Pokemon.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 26 September 2012 16:11:19
    Underage Pokemon are coming on RobTheBuilder's school bus.
  • Lotos8ter 26 Sep 2012 16:51:08 2,353 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Killing them Softly 7.5/10

A gangster film that involves a plan that can't go wrong when two lowlifes are sent in to rob a Mob card game. Enter Brad Pitt as the killer tasked with making retribution and restoring mob reputation.

It was beautifully acted, especially Pitt with a very strong supporting cast. The film had some action but its not Goodfellas, you could almost see it work as a stage play - a bit of a Glengarry Glen Ross for mobsters - lots of dialogue, exposition.

I really, really enjoyed it but can't shake the feeling that I wanted a wee bit more. And I wouldn't want to see it again, but its not really that sort of film.

Recommended, but not wholeheartedly

Fiat Lux

• beastmaster 26 Sep 2012 17:31:22 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Honest Avengers trailer. Piss funny but contains MAJOR SPOILERS!!!! So don't watch it if you've not seen the film.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• GuiltySpark 26 Sep 2012 17:39:39 6,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love how I disagree with every single one of your posts beastmaster. I normally browse on my phone and can't see peoples names, I read a post and go what?, look at the name and it's always you.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 17:42:45 26-09-2012

Get bent.

• beastmaster 26 Sep 2012 18:03:44 11,287 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I love how I disagree with every single one of your posts beastmaster. I normally browse on my phone and can't see peoples names, I read a post and go what?, look at the name and it's always you.
    :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• -cerberus- 26 Sep 2012 22:51:16 2,635 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Waterworld

Don't care what the critics say, I absolutely love this movie. I always have, even with all of its flaws.

7.5/10

• Trowel 26 Sep 2012 23:06:14 17,523 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Honest Avengers trailer. Piss funny but contains MAJOR SPOILERS!!!! So don't watch it if you've not seen the film.

A pretty accurate summary. Could also have added the baffling "who should we pick to fly to the top of the skyscraper to save the world" decision.
  • Dougs 26 Sep 2012 23:10:15 67,015 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Hunger Games. 7/10. Was worth a watch but struggled a bit to give a toss about many of the characters, the lead aside. Bit of a sledgehammer approach to the Romeo and Juliette references too. Just in case we missed it the first time. Still, some decent stuff, was just a little underwhelmed
  • Deleted user 27 September 2012 00:17:14
    Contraband-6/10

Bog standard thriller with marky Mark.

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 09:33:48 27-09-2012
  • mal 27 Sep 2012 01:20:41 22,403 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finally got round to seeing Searching for Sugar Man the documentary about the mythical rockstar Rodriguez (at least, he's a star if you're a saffa or an aussie). I'd heard him on David Holmes 2002 'Come get it I got it' mix CD, but all I knew from then to now is that he was a forgotten sixties musician, and like others I'd assumed he'd died back then, so this film was quite enlightening for me. Personally, 85% or so.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 2743 First / Last