Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 949

• Page

of 2863 First / Last

• matrim83 9 Jul 2010 19:15:27 5,597 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plus it had Mila Kunis in a really.... nice dress.

Valar morghulis.

• BinaryBob101 9 Jul 2010 19:42:21 24,424 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Why did you read the script?

I dunno. It was when it was just rumours of a 3rd predator film getting made, and that there was a Rodriguez script kicking about from 10 years ago, so curiosity got the better of.. I didn't think they were actually gonna make the fucking thing from that script. I'm a bit of a predator fanboy, so I've read a lot of shit about them.

Ah ok, it's quite different from the shooting script though from what I've read. Wasn't it more geared with Arnie in mind?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 9 July 2010 19:50:24
    I've read nearly every Alien sequel script, I really enjoy reading them.
  • BinaryBob101 9 Jul 2010 19:51:28 24,424 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's a bit different reading a script after release though.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 9 July 2010 22:57:42
    Hotel New Hampshire - 6/10

I really liked the book when I was in my early twenties so I kind of look on this as a jumbled charming oddball mess of a film. Jodie Foster and Rob Lowe. What were you thinking?

Jan Svankmajer's Alice - 10/10

Eraserhead crossed with Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would be weakened by time but its only got more disturbing to sit and watch. Amazing stuff. Creepy as hell.
  • milknoodle 9 Jul 2010 23:03:56 434 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Mist - Don't even know what to score it, I was really liking it, right up untill the rushed and contrived ending which just didn't fit.
  • faux-C 9 Jul 2010 23:08:57 9,640 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daybreakers - 65%

Entertaining alternate-future vampire B-movie. "What if everyone was a vampire?" - no blood left, hunting humans, etc. etc.

Hit all the normal notes on big pharma, peak oil etc.

Sam Neil plays Sam Neil, Ethan Hawke plays Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe plays Willem Dafoe, Some Woman plays Some Woman (y'know the one who's in that other thing, and reminds you of the woman from The Truman Show, but it isn't her).

As far as B-movies go, I was impressed. A gazillion times better than Watchmen (though I'd rather which the flulff grow in my belly button than watch that again, tbh).

2 hours not wasted, for a change.

(n.b. I use an Edge-like scoring system)
  • Deleted user 9 July 2010 23:16:55
    What the fuck is this obnoxious Smoking Aces shit?
  • faux-C 9 Jul 2010 23:20:58 9,640 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    milknoodle wrote:
    The Mist - Don't even know what to score it, I was really liking it, right up untill the rushed and contrived ending which just didn't fit.

I loved the ending! So nihilistic. It really made the film for me.
  • MetalDog 9 Jul 2010 23:21:04 23,920 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @milnoodle - re: The Mist like me, you'd probably enjoy the novella's ending a lot more

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• faux-C 9 Jul 2010 23:21:39 9,640 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    What the fuck is this obnoxious Smoking Aces shit?

Is that aimed at me? If so, I have no idea what you're talking about; I've never seen Smokin Aces.
  • Deleted user 9 July 2010 23:27:24
    It's a question for the thread, it's on the box now.

It's nearly as shit as that Tony Scott MTV assasin filum.
  • faux-C 9 Jul 2010 23:28:38 9,640 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In that case, curse away! :D
  • Deleted user 9 July 2010 23:29:28
    Its fucking awful, but there's nothing else on to watch.
  • beastmaster 10 Jul 2010 01:12:43 11,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Predators - 6/10

Have posted this in the other thread.

It started off well. There were a lot of tributes to the original movie which I liked. As mentioned before not a patch on the original but better than AvP 1&2 (and probably Predator 2).

I think the biggest problem with this film (and with the AvP ones) is they just show too damn much of the Predators and loose any threat of menace. As in the sword fight. A face off in a fucking field is fucking boring.

Also has Danny Trejo ever survived a film? He and Shane from The Shield were the best thing in it

I'll give this film a 6/10

No film will ever match the original. The Austrian Oak still has it!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Derblington 10 Jul 2010 01:14:56 22,287 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    [REC] - 7/10

I'd already seen Quarantine about a year or so ago, so this was solid but nothing amazing. Quarantine is practically a shot-for-shot remake (with slightly better pacing at the start) so nothing in this film was shocking or surprising (although tbf I don't really get scared and nothing in Quarantine had that effect either). Still, very solid and entertaining, and the very end of the film, literally the last 10 mins, are ever so slightly different. I think I actually prefered the remake, partly because I saw it first and partly because of the more practical finish. Until...

[REC]2 - 9/10

Starts off right where the first film finishes and continues the story. Following on from the ending that I wasn't so keen on, and layering that aspect on even thicker with the reveal of who the Ministery of Health official was, I lost a tiny bit of interest. However, about 5 minutes later the shit really hits the fan and I found myself absorbed in what was happening and how it was going to end this time. Fucking awesomely, it turns out, and now I'm really looking forward to the next 2 films they have planned. It's made me like the first film even more too, for the very reason I wasn't so keen in the first place, so I should probably bump that up an 8....

I still like Quarantine though, and because each series is rooted in a distinct science (not sure if that's the right term but it is in my head - you'll know what I'm getting at if you've seen both of the original films, at least) I'm looking forward to seeing where they take that in the sequel too. Two decent series' with the same starting point. Very cool.
  • Deleted user 10 July 2010 01:43:20
    Predators - 6/10

Suitably entertaining, ultimately forgettable. Takes a lot of what made the original great, but ultimately doesn't have the character nor lines to escape being a shadow rather than its own entity.
  • Scimarad 10 Jul 2010 08:19:09 8,636 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    @milnoodle - re: The Mist like me, you'd probably enjoy the novella's ending a lot more

Yeah, definitely. The film seems really divisive, and not just among fans of the book.
  • Tonka 10 Jul 2010 09:11:28 21,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shawshank Redemption
    The lasagna of films

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• FutureDave 10 Jul 2010 11:02:43 534 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Let the right one in - 85%

Touching. The crotch shot freaked me out though.
  • Lukus 10 Jul 2010 11:07:46 19,475 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whatever Works

Larry David stars as a neurotic misanthrope (did not see that coming) in New York who inexplicably ends up marrying a young attractive southerner, further concreting Woody Allen's obsession with the 'older (jewish) man/(much much) younger sexy woman' fantasy.

Most of the humour comes from Larry David being Larry David and he has a few good rants and a few good cutting one liners.
    The rest of the film is pretty stupid however and by the end the message has been well and truly drummed into you.

Worth seeing if you're a Larry David fan.

6.5/10

Paintings & Photographs

• MightyMouse 10 Jul 2010 11:59:37 1,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hot Tub Time Machine

Cusack is great in this, and whilst some of the humour's a bit gross, overall you warm to it.

7/10
  • iokthemonkey 10 Jul 2010 15:21:33 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Despicable Me 6.8/8

The Minions outshine everything else in the movie and you've probably seen all the best bits in the trailers (''IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!'' still got a big laugh when I saw it) but it's still a fun (if schmaltzy) 90-odd minutes.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• phAge 10 Jul 2010 15:24:19 24,442 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Predators - 6/10

Have posted this in the other thread.

It started off well. There were a lot of tributes to the original movie which I liked. As mentioned before not a patch on the original but better than AvP 1&2 (and probably Predator 2).

I think the biggest problem with this film (and with the AvP ones) is they just show too damn much of the Predators and loose any threat of menace. As in the sword fight. A face off in a fucking field is fucking boring.

Also has Danny Trejo ever survived a film? He and Shane from The Shield were the best thing in it

I'll give this film a 6/10

No film will ever match the original. The Austrian Oak still has it!

Can somebody please resurrect kevin peter hall as he appears to be the only person that can play the predator. Everyone else makes it look like a clumsy oaf.
    Heh, my thoughts exactly. In one paticular scene it is obvious that the actor playing the "big" predator isn't strong enough to carry the mask/headgear, and so he looks like some sort of oversized bobblehead. KPH could move like, well, a predator - made a world of difference, IMO.
  • Deleted user 10 July 2010 15:57:25
    Predators - 7/10
    Pretty good. Not as good as the original though.
  • beastmaster 10 Jul 2010 19:40:00 11,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Superman - 9/10

Just brilliant but Superman 2 is better.

"Can you read my mind?"

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 2863 First / Last