Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3591

• Page

of 3592 First / Last

• Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2017 20:14:07 11,363 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    @Decks The Nazi anti-aircraft fire was white dots added afterwards. That's all I was referring to.
    CGI though?
  • Tonka 4 Dec 2017 20:18:35 26,601 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    His steering wheel came loose apparently and he was tightening it not realising they were filming. George loved it so they kept it in.
    What? Really? I had no idea there was a nice story behind it. I really like that little twiddle.
  • beastmaster 5 Dec 2017 01:02:01 17,633 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    "His computer's off... Luke, you switched off your targeting computer, what's wrong?"

I'm telling you, all the best lines in the death star trench run.
    "He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil!"

Best line from RotJ.
  • Bichii 5 Dec 2017 09:27:55 202 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Valerian.

4+2 for Cara = 6.
  • GarlVinland 5 Dec 2017 09:54:26 2,297 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Disaster Artist - 8/10

Watched it last night, twas excellent. It's a true story about the making of the worst movie of all time, The Room.

The guy who wrote, directed and starred in it is this enigmatic weirdo, played by James Franco, who claims to be from New Orleans but has a thick Eastern European accent, says he's in his 20's when he's clearly at least twice that, and finances the film from a seemingly bottomless bank account. He's full of bravado but it's clearly concealing a ton of insecurities, which you get insight into from these weird little non-sequiturs and the work he puts up on screen. You wouldn't believe he's real until you see him IRL and he's even stranger. It's probably the most magnetic performance I've seen all year, Franco absolutely disappears into it.

The film is very meta and tightly intertwined with real life e.g. celebrities in real life who have championed/mocked the film show up in cameos, and Franco's brother plays his best friend who co-stars with him in the movie. They also basically remade all the most infamous moments from the film and play them side by side, and it's uncanny.

Really, really enjoyed it. If you see it, watch some clips of the original first, some interviews with the guy, Tommy Wiseau, and stay after the credits.
  • Negan 5 Dec 2017 10:31:08 368 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    In Bruges

Just one of this perfect films for me. It's funny, well acted and the casting is spot on. Nice simple story that moves along at a nice pace.

Gaybeers/10
  • OllyJ 5 Dec 2017 12:36:20 3,908 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Murder on the Orient Express

7.5/10 if you have not seen the original

6/10 if you have

Ken was awesome as Poirot.
  • Fab4 5 Dec 2017 18:30:10 8,192 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hacksaw Ridge - 10/10

The brutality of war laid bare.
  • JoelStinty 7 Dec 2017 18:59:13 5,899 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ida

A polish film about a Nun whom before taking her vows is offered to resolve some business as she seeks out her Jewish parents whom disappeared during the second world war.

It's an interesting film despite the bleak subject matter at hand, that is often playful and hopeful. It is probably an overused phrase, but every single frame in this film is a work of art. Every single one of them, it is a beautiful film to look at, each frame is striking, rich compositionally, and often result in visual gags , paritcularly between the juxtaposition of 60's poland, which is on one hand modernising, on the other hand you could be easily watching 1300's Poland.

It is not perhaps the film that i expected to be - it kind of veers away from its main introductory storyline, and turns into a sort of coming of age drama - i'm not sure if it for the best, but the casting of IDA i thought was stunning, she has these big black eyes that are kind of not fully formed, kind of untouched from being isolated growing up as a nun, she has no experiences or life to look back on. Its perfect prince of casting.

I want to watch it again, as i was interrupted quite a lot watching it and knowing more about the film, be interesting to see how it changes on a second viewing. Ideally it is a swift 80 minutes long.

Edit: Oh and a 4/5

Edited by JoelStinty at 18:59:31 07-12-2017
  • IronGiant 7 Dec 2017 23:48:57 5,612 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    War for Planet of the Apes - 7/10 Not the classic some made it out to be, bloody awful and convenient end to the battle surely they could have come up something better. Has its share of ridiculously dumb moments but ape effects are stunning as usual.
  • FrostPan 7 Dec 2017 23:50:27 1,385 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Equalizer

Good film to pass your tea time/10
  • ModoX 8 Dec 2017 08:31:45 2,923 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @JoelStinty Saw Ida a few years ago and absolutely loved it, you're right about each frame being a work of art. Extremely good film.
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Dec 2017 12:42:20 2,858 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Mummy (2017)
    The film really is utter piece of shit, if I was watching on my own would of turned it off (but it was someone's choice in their house). Everyone is miscast in this, especially Tom Cruise and Russel Crowe. Also they tried to set up their "cinematic universe" in this film (the dark universe) which is stuff like Dracula, Jekyll and hyde etc and did a worst job than DC films did and takes some doing

dog shit/10

• Jyzzy-Z 9 Dec 2017 13:15:47 2,366 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Room. Went to a cinema to watch it and people were chucking spoons and going mental. Was the first time I'd seen it and probably the funniest couple of hours I've sat in a cinema in my life.

The film itself is obviously appalling. Going to watch the Disaster Artist today I think. A weekend celebration of creative failure.

100 out of 10

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 13:35:25 09-12-2017
  • Jyzzy-Z 9 Dec 2017 17:06:58 2,366 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Disaster Artist. I don't normally like James Franco but he does a good impression of Tommy and the film is good. Does a good job of ripping The Room without being mean about it. A nice tribute and companion film.

Oh hi Mark/10
  • ModoX 9 Dec 2017 18:31:35 2,923 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Band Aid 8/10

Indie film where a young ish couple in a failing marriage decide to work through their issues by forming a band in their garage and singing their feelings. Really good film, funny and fairly insightful. Worth a watch.
  • oceanmotion 9 Dec 2017 21:05:02 17,269 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wonder Woman

I'm stuck between thinking it's good but also a bit shit. It's not doing anything too interesting, the fish out of water was entertaining, the characters got along, amusing and not in the quip way. It's really bog basic, Gadot has a few good moments but is a terrible actor like Cavill, that frown is not acting. The baddies were cartoonish but did get a laugh with the gas mask part, the end was absolutely shite. The action fell between that's awesome and that's not a superhero running around.

It's better than other DC films and it's cool to have a badass female superhero but I think it's getting too much of a pass for those reasons. Chris Pine dragged it to mediocrity.
  • DUFFMAN5 9 Dec 2017 22:42:05 22,061 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Atomic Blonde
    It was ok, I'm still a bit confused though!

What I can say is that Charlize Theron is absolutely stunning in it. My God she is feckin hot.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Dec 2017 22:54:15 21,384 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @oceanmotion personally I think it lacked the soundtrack of the TV series.
  • GarlVinland 10 Dec 2017 01:47:15 2,297 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Paddington 2 - 9/10

Cute without being twee, and Hugh Grant makes a great baddie.

Nu Jumanji - 3/10

Godawful. Might be the greatest movie ever if you're a tween, but by any reasonable moviemaking standard it was terrible. The original is a minor classic in comparison. Also I think whoever wrote the script has never played a videogame before.

Blade of the Immortal - 7/10

Not one of Takashi Miike's best, but it's fun enough, if way too long and with too many extraneous plotlines. It's structured like a game with boss fight after boss fight. It gets hilarious the amount of punishment the main guy can take.
  • Khanivor 10 Dec 2017 01:51:33 43,403 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Khanivor 10 Dec 2017 01:51:33 43,403 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh, you have kids too?

Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature - 3/10

OK, I didn't actually watch it but the kid was fucking not impressed, ergo, it's wank.
  • Dougs 10 Dec 2017 03:38:02 83,918 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Fix
  • GarlVinland 10 Dec 2017 12:41:05 2,297 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Audition - 10/10

Very relevant now with the Harvey Weinstein thing, I mean the main guy is a film producer even, but holy crap, the punishment the woman hands out, it's excruciating. I've only got the stomach to watch this movie once in a blue moon.
  • Fab4 10 Dec 2017 22:09:20 8,192 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jaws - 10/10

One of my favourite movies. I've probably already watched it at least once this year. It is a perfect example of suspenseful storytelling, and Quint's USS Indianapolis monologue is a superb bit of acting.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Dec 2017 22:36:40 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Audition - 10/10

Very relevant now with the Harvey Weinstein thing, I mean the main guy is a film producer even, but holy crap, the punishment the woman hands out, it's excruciating. I've only got the stomach to watch this movie once in a blue moon.
    Happiness of the Katakuris to chill to next time?

Visitor Q was the one that really made me feel awkward watching it. So uncomfortable.
  • Zomoniac 10 Dec 2017 23:50:58 9,464 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Paddington 2

I loved the first one, going into it with no expectations. I went into this with high expectations and it met and exceeded them, and then some. Just wonderful.

• Mola_Ram 11 Dec 2017 02:58:31 16,513 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wish I could somehow scrub my memory, and watch Audition again without knowing anything about it.
  • Nanocrystal 11 Dec 2017 04:09:41 1,615 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lake Mungo - Creepy as fuck/10

Low-budget Australian fake-umentary about ghostly images caught on camera. Goes in a couple of unexpected directions and is just really unsettling.
  • Page

of 3592 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.