Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3585

• Page

of 3592 First / Last

• JamboWayOh 10 Nov 2017 16:49:29 3,849 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Addy_B wrote:
    She always got her kit off. Didn't she get ragged off in American Werewolf as well?
    Yes. Yes she did.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Nov 2017 10:46:08 16,521 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spectre

Wow, I'd heard rumours. But that was really, *really* shit. I think I enjoyed Die Another Day more than this.

2/10
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 11 Nov 2017 11:20:39 31,569 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can barely remember anything from the film, outside of a bit where he falls into a sofa that felt so out of place.
  • beastmaster 11 Nov 2017 20:01:21 17,639 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Killing of a Sacred Deer - 9/10

A rather stunning film from director Yorgos Lanthimos, the director of The Lobster. It's all rather amazingly fucked up. If you hated The Lobster then I'll pretty much guarantee that you'll hate this film too.

This is because the actors delivery of the lines is in exactly the same vain. It's kind of hard to describe but it's like the characters themselves are giving some kind of performance. I found the delivery to be very cold and distant. It takes a little getting used to but I was totally on-board with it rather quickly.

There's a lot going on in this film and to be honest, it was in danger of losing me at one point as it didn't really seem to be going anywhere but I knew something was brewing. The it happens. The one scene that totally turns the film into something deeply sinister and disturbing and then it's on it's way. I thought it was brilliant.

I've got to mention the three main performances. Nicole Kidman and Collin Farrell are utterly superb together but it's Barry Keoghan (who was also in Dunkirk) that totally steals the show.

One thing I have to mention is how utterly pitch back the humour is. I was laughing and wanting to laugh at certain scenes but I did my best to cover it up and checked around me to see how other people were reacting. Except the person I was with everyone, who was having a good chuckle, everyone else seemed utterly horrified.

When I came out, I was reeling a bit. It's definitely a film that will stick in my mind for a long time. But it's most definitely not a feel good film . Quite the opposite and then some. I think it's great that these kind of films are being made too. Yep, I do love to lap up the Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm films but I love these kind of films that unsettle, disturb and go to dark places more so. I think it's been a fantastic year so far for 'unsafe' films.

The Beguiled (2017) - 6/10

Another collaboration between Nicole Kidman and Collin Farrell, from director Sofia Coppola. I was excepting more from this but for the most part, it's pretty boring and it made me want to watch the Clint Eastwood version.

I wanted too watch this film because of the director and the frankly stunning cast, which also features Kirsten Dunst and Elle Fanning. The whole film is beautifully shot, all the performances are excellent and having already seen The Killing of a Sacred Deer, I was looking forward to seeing Kidman and Farrell on-screen together again.

It's just such a shame that I found this film rather dull and boring. Farrell is a wounded soldier who shows up at a girl's school and gets them all hot and bothered. There's lots of suppressed emotion and all that kind of stuff. But I started to look to other things to do but then it started to get much better. It's about an hour in though before the drama really kicks in and things start to happen.

Even though the first hour is the building of characters and setup for what happens in the final 30 minutes, by that point I didn't really care that much. I didn't think the characters were that interesting but it's a decent payoff nevertheless.

Edited by beastmaster at 20:05:17 11-11-2017
  • StarchildHypocrethes 11 Nov 2017 22:52:44 30,779 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Strange Days - 7/10

One of those films I've always meant to watch but never got round to. It's actually a pretty cool cyberpunk-ish action flick, that's proper grimy at times.

Bonus points for reminding me of the existence of Skunk Anansie. Whatever happened to them?
  • retro74 11 Nov 2017 22:56:48 2,100 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A Bad Moms Christmas

I do like shit comedies, not too precious to admit that

However this one was too shit even for me. It was fake, awkward, derivative and as shallow as a puddle on a hot day

12 out of 100
  • Zerobob 11 Nov 2017 22:58:48 1,994 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Skunk Anansie are awesome. Still listen to them quite often.

Never seen Strange Days, but think I'll give it a watch.
  • anephric 11 Nov 2017 23:05:20 2,751 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love the production design and direction of Strange Days, but I find the story pretty lacking. The SQUID idea is never developed much more than bring a concealed camera.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 11 Nov 2017 23:13:09 4,886 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Didn't the drummer from Skunk Anansie join the Manics or something?
  • freddymercurystwin 12 Nov 2017 04:09:14 1,263 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @retro74 That's a shame, what did you think of the first one? I quite liked the first one so hoped for more of the same.
  • b0rk 12 Nov 2017 04:34:55 7,454 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Strange Days - 7/10

One of those films I've always meant to watch but never got round to. It's actually a pretty cool cyberpunk-ish action flick, that's proper grimy at times.

Bonus points for reminding me of the existence of Skunk Anansie. Whatever happened to them?
    very good movie
  • retro74 12 Nov 2017 09:32:30 2,100 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin I didn't mind the first one so much, it was nothing special but was worth watching

I suppose this one is more of the same in that it's the same movie but set at Xmas
  • Mr_Sleep 12 Nov 2017 10:32:59 21,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Spectre

Wow, I'd heard rumours. But that was really, *really* shit. I think I enjoyed Die Another Day more than this.

2/10
    Calm down, Die Another Day is negative out of ten. It is basically awful in every way.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Nov 2017 10:38:15 16,521 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shin Gojira

NEW GODZILLA. Beats the shit out of all American Godzillas. There's also a lot of focus on Japanese bureaucracy, which offers a nice (and often hilarious) change of pace from the destruction.

9/10
  • Negan 12 Nov 2017 11:01:32 370 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Wind River

Bleak murder thriller that's no different to the rest but it's done really well. Some great standout scenes with hard hitting violence and Renner is actually quite good in this.

8/10
  • gooner77 12 Nov 2017 11:45:33 1,202 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wonder Woman 6/10

Wondering what all the fuss was about, seems overhyped to me. The film was ruined for me by a terrible final villain and resultant final battle which marred a lot of what came before it. Gal Gadot was decent in the lead role despite a wavering accent and her chemistry with Cpt Kirk was decent. Only watched it as I plan to see Justice League soon.

Still leagues behind most of the MCU films

Edited by gooner77 at 11:46:13 12-11-2017
  • GuybrushThreepwood 12 Nov 2017 12:10:23 1,377 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Agree on the final battle. Didn't need to go all special effects really and is a shame they felt they needed to. Loved the film though.
  • David_Richardson 12 Nov 2017 12:19:00 992 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Spectre

2/10
    Calm down, Die Another Day is negative out of ten. It is basically awful in every way.
    Lies. Glass-exploding ring is great.
  • Stranded87 12 Nov 2017 12:19:38 1,676 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wonder Woman

Agree with gooner77 on the final battle and villain, but otherwise I enjoyed it a fair bit. I thought all the effects and fight sequences were a bit crap, but I'd say the same about most superhero films. I liked the two leads though and most of the scenes that didn't involve fights. Overall above average for the genre but still totally disposable.

7/10
  • RyanDS 12 Nov 2017 12:29:02 11,669 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Really enjoyed this. A charming fun movie that was only let down for me by the welfare woman. She just got really fucking annoying. Apart from that it was just heartwarming fun.

8/10

Which led me to watch What we do in the shadows.

Enjoyable but forgettable. It did have it's moments though.

7/10
  • Addy_B 12 Nov 2017 12:45:01 2,077 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Spiderman: Homecoming

I enjoyed it more than the previous 3 anyway. Keaton played a good villain, new guy (Tom Holland?) Played a good Peter Parker.

7.5/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Nov 2017 12:51:33 4,886 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    World's End

Better than I remembered but still probably the weakest of the three. A lot more like a Doctor Who special than I remember too.
    The emotional connection between Pegg and the others never quite pays off for me because I didn't buy Pegg as that character.

7/10
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Nov 2017 13:20:08 22,064 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Paddington 2
    Lots of fun, just like the first. My 11 daughter enjoyed as well :)
  • Vortex808 12 Nov 2017 13:28:41 11,736 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Paddington 2
    Lots of fun, just like the first. My 11 daughter enjoyed as well :)
    Glad to hear it, I liked the first one, so may well venture out to see this too.
  • Syrette 12 Nov 2017 15:50:22 49,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's a wonderful film. Can't really fault it.

Better than the first Paddington to boot.
  • mal 12 Nov 2017 16:57:55 28,634 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Didn't the drummer from Skunk Anansie join the Manics or something?
    Feeder it seems. And Skin went and did rather unappreciated solo stuff for a while, but it seems she's doing session work mainly now.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Nov 2017 17:19:51 4,886 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mal from Glastonbury headliner to session musician :(
  • Ingram85 12 Nov 2017 17:29:08 214 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Watched The Meyerowitz Stories last night on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Nebraska at times. The only thing that let it down was the rather vacant headed Sandlers daughter but she got her kit off a few times so not that much of a minus point.

Recommended for a quiet night in.
  • kingnothing12 12 Nov 2017 21:02:59 749 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thor Ragnarok 8/10

Very enjoyable and probably the best out of the three Thor movies. Very funny in parts if perhaps a little too much comedy.

On a side note. Who thinks it's a good idea to bring a baby into a 12a showing? I know the 12a showings are down to the parents but surely an 18 month limit(which is the rule) is ridiculous. Half way through it started crying then the parents were trying to calm it with a rattle. She had to take the baby out but there was only about 20mins left.

We complained and eventually got some free tickets after much deliberating with the unhelpful manager but I thought I would raise the question to you guys. Surely the 12a rating should have some restrictions. 5 years of age minimum I would say personally.

Edited by kingnothing12 at 21:03:23 12-11-2017

Edited by kingnothing12 at 21:04:07 12-11-2017
  • Mola_Ram 12 Nov 2017 21:15:10 16,521 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's a cinema here which has regular screenings for parents and kids. Confining the young ones to those wouldn't solve all the problems of twats making noise in the cinema, but it'd go some way imo.
  • Page

of 3592 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.