Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3539

• Page

of 3587 First / Last

• anephric 12 Aug 2017 10:13:31 2,740 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking brilliant, that's what they're like. They get a bit more daft as they go on (skiing ninjas) but there isn't a duff one in the series.
  • Fab4 12 Aug 2017 10:23:16 8,170 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    M:I - Rogue Nation 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyable, with some great stunts. Could do with less Simon Pegg.
  • SYS64738 12 Aug 2017 10:51:09 4,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    David Brent Life on the Road

Not funny. At all. Avoid at all cost especially fans of the series. Was a rather tragic watch really.

0/10
  • beastmaster 12 Aug 2017 10:59:01 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    Fucking brilliant, that's what they're like. They get a bit more daft as they go on (skiing ninjas) but there isn't a duff one in the series.
    Thanks. Going to order the Criterion set.
  • MadCaddy13 12 Aug 2017 11:15:26 2,638 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Of Mice and Men

Thought I'd give this a watch last night, for a bit of comfort.
    Heart warming film with a nice 1920s American setting
    *spoilers*
    Initially felt sorry for Lenny for being so misunderstood then came to realise it was for the best to put him down. Too much strength for such an under developed mind.

80/100
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 12:21:30 3,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:

Not funny. At all. Avoid at all cost especially fans of the series. Was a rather tragic watch really.

0/10
    That's really annoying to hear. I almost want to watch it just to solidify its awfulness.
  • richarddavies 12 Aug 2017 12:25:45 6,017 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    SYS64738 wrote:

0/10
    That's really annoying to hear. I almost want to watch it just to solidify its awfulness.
    I'm a big fan of the office and thought it was okay. Nothing special just alright. Had a couple of funny moments. Not a patch on the series though.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Aug 2017 13:15:02 9,888 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I thought it was shite. Did Steven Merchent have anything to do with it? Seemed to miss his actual wit to complement Gervais's cringe.
  • TheSaint 12 Aug 2017 13:22:54 17,400 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ben Bailey Smith was ok. That's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it.
  • francisbaud 12 Aug 2017 15:01:01 11 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mulan (Walt Disney pictures) 7/10
  • Mfolf 12 Aug 2017 22:02:47 1,422 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Trying Rogue One again now that is on NowTv. I saw it at the cinema on release and really didn't like it. I've been convincing myself that I just wasn't in the right mood or something. That the cinema was rubbish. Etc. Etc. But no. It's just rubbish. It's just so bloody dull. It's so hammy at times. It isn't funny when it's trying to be. It doesn't pull off serious when it's trying to be. It's just a meh film. And I'm trying REALLY hard to get into it after loving the last one.
  • Mfolf 12 Aug 2017 22:05:15 1,422 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Also. Forest Whittaker (spelling?) is honestly the worst actor. He was bloody awful in the shield and he's bloody awful in this.
  • Mfolf 12 Aug 2017 22:08:24 1,422 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Exaggeration for effect etc. because apparently you have to point this out now. Before everyone gets upset. But general feelings/points still stand.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 12 Aug 2017 22:19:48 1,243 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Boss Baby 6/10

Bit crap sadly. Handful of decent jokes, but not many more. Scared one of my kids and the other thought it was sad. I just thought it wasn't very funny and they spent too long pissing about with different cartoon styles.

Shame, I expected better from dreamworks.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Aug 2017 22:29:04 4,706 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sausage Party

Fuck awful / 10
  • SYS64738 12 Aug 2017 22:37:07 4,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I thought it was shite. Did Steven Merchent have anything to do with it? Seemed to miss his actual wit to complement Gervais's cringe.
    He didn't and it proves that Gervais can't write story, characters (and I guess good comedy?) for shit. It should've just been called The Ricky Movie instead as he took all the focus.

There were a couple moments where I managed to chuckle, but for the rest I managed to keep a completely straight face, which genuinely made me sad, especially given how genius the original series was from start to finish.
  • SYS64738 12 Aug 2017 22:42:15 4,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mfolf wrote:
    Trying Rogue One again now that is on NowTv. I saw it at the cinema on release and really didn't like it. I've been convincing myself that I just wasn't in the right mood or something. That the cinema was rubbish. Etc. Etc. But no. It's just rubbish. It's just so bloody dull. It's so hammy at times. It isn't funny when it's trying to be. It doesn't pull off serious when it's trying to be. It's just a meh film. And I'm trying REALLY hard to get into it after loving the last one.
    Bought the Bluray a few months ago, to be honest more for completion's sake than anything (have all SW movies on disc, yes even those awful prequels)... just can't find the enthusiasm to chuck it in the player and watch it somehow. I didn't even read much about it but have exactly that feeling of it ending up a beige 6/10 sort of experience, a bit like the Hobbit trilogy.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 12 Aug 2017 22:47:54 2,864 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Twin Town 9/10
    Fuckin love this, I do. A friend said she'd not seen it, so we made her watch it. She couldn't believe it had passed her by all these years. The amount of stuff I've miss quoted all these years is ridiculous, but its the thought that counts.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 22:50:47 3,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Hobbit trilogy is truly an exercise in tedium. It really showed up a lot of Jackson's shortcomings, such as his almost dogged inability to to edit for brevity and pacing. The final film was truly awful, with some of the dodgiest cgi I've seen in a while.
  • SYS64738 12 Aug 2017 22:52:26 4,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    The Hobbit trilogy is truly an exercise in tedium. It really showed up a lot of Jackson's shortcomings, such as his almost dogged inability to to edit for brevity and pacing. The final film was truly awful, with some of the dodgiest cgi I've seen in a while.
    Yep, it's quite incredible how un-epic it feels compared to the LotR trilogy, something that the missus and I are re-watching at least once a year.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 23:10:02 3,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Yep, it's quite incredible how un-epic it feels compared to the LotR trilogy, something that the missus and I are re-watching at least once a year.
    I suppose that's what happens when you stretch a book that is really a 3hr-4hr at most film to a bloated trilogy. I actually fell asleep during the battle of the five armies.
  • SYS64738 12 Aug 2017 23:22:47 4,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worse for me, I can't actually remember much of either movie. Key set pieces yes, but 80% of them are thickest mental fog.

Not even gonna mention the 48fps version in the cinema. Watching them at home at the regular framerate actually improved the experience (slightly). Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them as such but they're the very definition of a 'meh' blockbuster.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 23:27:52 3,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Eurgh I forgot about the 48fps, it was like watching a cheap tv soap.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Aug 2017 23:47:03 4,706 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Quite how far the standard of the cgi declined over the decade+ it took to get from Fellowship of the Ring to Battle of the Five Armies is really something
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 23:52:23 3,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Billy Connolly all cgi'd up as a dwarf was truly laughable. I had read he refused to film on location and they had to digitally stitch his head onto his cgi dwarf body.
  • Derblington 13 Aug 2017 00:03:37 29,611 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There were a number of issues filming The Hobbit trilogy - I'm not sure it's entirely Jackson's fault. Considering what he went through filming them, I'm pretty sure he'd have rather not.

I'm not saying they're good mind. I've them once and I remember very little about them at all. I think it's more a case of saving what they could and not letting them turn out *total* shit. Maybe I'll do a full extended version run-through of the 6 films in the coming months.
  • Immaterial 13 Aug 2017 01:11:36 2,211 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

About 1/2 as good as Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1. Yeah, funnies and easter eggs, but it felt like most of the funnies were in-jokes about the first film.
  • Fab4 13 Aug 2017 07:37:50 8,170 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trainwreck - 5/10

Comes to something whenever LeBron James is the funniest actor. Bonus point for not realising until near the end that her boss was played by Tilda Swinton.
  • drhickman1983 13 Aug 2017 11:04:43 4,986 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trainspotting 2.

As a standalone films it's fairly average, a meandering caper for the most part, but as a companion to the original film it's a rather effective rumination about times gone by. It's about the regret of mistakes made, the disappointment of the present and the inability to recapture glory days, even when those glory days were rather inglorious.

The character of Spud basically steals the film, having the most satisfying character development, and played wonderfully by Ewen Bremner. Robert Carlyle manages to be quite terrifying as Begbie, and Johnny Lee Miller does a good job as Sick Boy. Ewan McGregor as Renton was the least convincing here; whilst he had some good moments he felt a bit wooden at times.

7/10 or 8/10, depending on how much you felt invested in the characters.
  • Kronos 13 Aug 2017 12:03:27 685 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rogue One. I enjoyed it/10

Liked the overall feel ie not a kids film and not trying to be pc. Lots of people get gratuitously shot. Refreshing to see a "new" film in a franchise that isn't just trying to re-tread scenes/dialogue from previous films.

Good opening. First 2/3rds a little dull and confusing. Forest Whitakers character could have been cut out of the film entirely. Last 3rd pretty fantastic. All the characters in the main group well defined.

I am guessing the comic one liners were added in the reshoots. They were quite funny but I don't think they were necessarily required.

They really toned down the cgi which I thought was great(Except for Moff Tarkin,Leia which seemed a bit unnecessary). Moff was passable(Voice wasn't quite right, if you are trying to do a 100% accurate physical likeness you might as well get the voice right as well), Leia looked like she'd had a stroke.

Really liked how it directly linked to the start of Star Wars and that Darth Vader sequence. I would have liked to have seen them build up the anticipation of the walkers first appearance in the mist a bit longer but it was still pretty cool.

Also would have liked to have seen at least one of the main characters survive.

Struggling to think where I have seen Diego Luna before, after checking IMDB I see he was the psycho boyfriend in Blood Father which I saw the other day.
  • Page

of 3587 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.