Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3488

• Page

of 3525 First / Last

• beastmaster 18 May 2017 12:42:27 17,005 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, the 5 already announced sequels to King Arthur and Power Ranges have come to a complete halt due to both films bombing hard.
  • nickthegun 18 May 2017 13:01:01 70,761 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's shocking that darkening up a rainbow coloured kids show led to no fucker going to see it.

He said like transformers wasn't one of the biggest film franchises on earth...
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 18 May 2017 13:08:42 31,095 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I still have no idea who Power Rangers is for. Is it for people that were kids 15 years ago, or for kids now? I'm not really interested in it for myself, but it looks a bit too dark and grim for children. So who is left? I'm still not sure, even having seen trailers.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 18 May 2017 13:09:14 8,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wait they darked them up?
  • funkstar 18 May 2017 13:11:57 3,187 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Wait they darked them up?
    whole thing is done in blackface
  • Kay 18 May 2017 13:24:14 19,139 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    That Guy Ritchie King Arthur movie is bombing at the box office and is getting hammered by critics. Still going. Got to use my unlimited card.
    I find it odd how all the billboard ads have it down as "from the director of Sherlock Holmes", with no mention of his actual name. Has his stock really fallen that far?
  • macmurphy 18 May 2017 13:46:31 1,974 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    That Guy Ritchie King Arthur movie is bombing at the box office and is getting hammered by critics. Still going. Got to use my unlimited card.
    I find it odd how all the billboard ads have it down as "from the director of Sherlock Holmes", with no mention of his actual name. Has his stock really fallen that far?
    I think marketing guys just think people are stupid and that they can remember films better than directors.
  • Zerobob 18 May 2017 14:07:05 1,885 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Red Pill - 9/10

A feature length documentary. I found it very interesting and balanced investigation into men's rights and men's issues, how men are naturally viewed as disposable in society, how men's voices are suppressed, as well as highlighting how misguided and blinkered feminism can be in highlighting issues which affect both men and women. A very thought-provoking watch if you're in the mood.
  • thelzdking 18 May 2017 14:28:42 5,820 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm glad that someone had finally taken it upon themselves to highlight what a hard time men have of it...
  • richarddavies 18 May 2017 14:32:17 5,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Women don't even know they've been born!
  • You-can-call-me-kal 18 May 2017 14:39:09 8,397 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I havne't seen it, but it is supposed to be genuinely quite interested. It's made by a female feminist documentarian who initially set out to debunk and expose the whole MRA thing but ended up being converted.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it but I think the above paints it as typical MRA red pill bullshit, but actually I believe there's a bit more to it than that.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 18 May 2017 14:51:09 31,095 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've seen clips of it but not the full thing yet. It really does seem intriguing, and from what I've seen it's definitely not the sort of MRA nonsense you might expect for the title.
  • JoeBlade 18 May 2017 15:58:31 3,978 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I started watching The Revenant twice now but for some reason I can't get into it, something that virtually never happens to me unless a film is plain bad, which this one clearly isn't.
    I got up to the infamous bear rape scene but only watched it with half interest, I barely remember what happened up to that point.

Does it pick up later on?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 18 May 2017 16:04:58 8,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah sort of. If you're not liking it so far I can't see that changing though.
  • MrFlay 18 May 2017 16:30:45 3,199 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's hard to believe how expensive some of this blockbusters are. A blockbuster fronted by Charlie Hunnam and Jude Law with a budget of $175m. I think Hunnam is an excellent actor but he just doesn't have the same profile as Robert Downey Jr. If Wonder Woman bombs, Warner Bros. will have had a terrible summer.
  • Your-Mother 18 May 2017 16:40:29 404 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    It's made by a female feminist documentarian who initially set out to debunk and expose the whole MRA thing but ended up being converted.
    This is the whole part of it I struggle with. She's made the claim that Paul Elam is also a "converted ex-feminist". It feels like one of those "your definition of feminist is not the general definition of feminist" things.

Half wondering if it's a marketing spin on "I'm not racist, but..."
  • thelzdking 18 May 2017 16:44:56 5,820 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Call me prejudiced, but I struggle to imagine MRA types as anything other than pasty, girlfriendless keyboard warriors.
  • ModoX 18 May 2017 20:43:00 2,609 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rofl I just watched a trailer for it, looks ridiculous. Sure you can show clips of angry men haters and extrapolate that feminism is shit, but it doesn't make it true. Proper feminism isn't a defense of women over men, it takes issue with gender roles in society, in both directions. It comes primarily from women's points of views because they're the ones who were at the bottom of society and are trying to correct that. Any "men's rights activist" that finds themselves in opposition to feminism just doesn't get it.
  • Max_Powers 19 May 2017 08:46:42 1,219 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Alien Covenant: 4/10. Pointless & boring. It wasn't even about Aliens. You could have done the entire movie with just the robot. Just leave the franchise alone and think up some other monster shit (which is true for every sequel after number 2 imo). Every deviation from the Giger designs make the aliens shittier. The nicest thing you could say about it is that it is competently directed...

Get Out 7/10. Decent but in no way a horror film. The overly positive reviews it has been getting in the US seems to be because of the liberal racism theme which imo. is ironic (and it never really bites). But maybe that is experienced differently in the US.
  • Dougs 19 May 2017 09:35:02 82,363 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Quick, time to do the whole Aliens 3 thing again!
  • b0rk 19 May 2017 09:43:07 7,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Zerobob

Predictably GAF shit all over it after the OP said they found it interesting.
  • JoeBlade 19 May 2017 14:54:42 3,978 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Watched a few last night:

Suicide Squad
    I thought it wasn't all that bad to be honest. The pacing is a bit off, you'd expect a long action sequence in the second half of a superhero (or supervillain) flick but instead it's rather stop-and-go. I didn't really mind though.
    Also Cara Whatsherface's jig gets a bit silly towards the end. The film was mostly ok and entertaining enough overall IMO. A Hillbilly rather than an AVOID for me, the latter being what most viewers seem to assign it.

Doctor Strange
    Tilda Swinton \o/ Mads Mikkelsen \o/ Benedict Cucumberbat \o/
    A fun romp, well made, little I can fault it. RECOMEDED to any fan of superhero stuff.

Arrival
    Absolutely loved this one. I thought it had a very Interstellar feel to it, which is a good thing for me. It's also slightly too reminiscent of Close Encounters of the Third Kind to be called truly innovative but it's fresh enough.
    Again, RECOMEDED to sci-fi fans who are open for less action-packed kind of films (those who aren't will most likely be bored to bits)
  • b0rk 19 May 2017 15:21:57 7,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Get Out 6/10

Sadly fell apart during the 3rd act but up 'til that point I thought it was a well played, well acted tense and strange affair. The reveal about what was going on was rather silly and the movie kinda lost me at that point but overall I had a mostly good time with it.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2017 15:54:24 21,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Moana
    Family film night last Sunday and it was (is) brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed it as did the rest of the family. A fair amount of singing which I'm usually not that happy about, but it worked within the movie.

The story,art,comedy and sentiment are all there. Highly recommend it
    100/100
  • Tomo 20 May 2017 00:20:52 15,355 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Alien: Covenant - 4/10

As a massive Prometheus fanboy, this was crushingly disappointing :(

Even more terrible dialogue than Prometheus, no sense of dread, complete underuse of the xenomorphs, no interesting alternatives to the xenomorphs (as in Prometheus... giant face-hugger vagina?!), even more irritating minor characters, really unconvincing CGI aliens and that flute scene... if that doesn't become a meme, I'll be shocked. Man alive.
  • binky Moderator 20 May 2017 00:35:11 10,748 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    La la Land.

100%

Fuck you. Brilliant.
  • Deleted user 20 May 2017 01:03:54
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

My nephew always raved about this and said it's his favourite Potter film. Having only seen the 2 before it I'd definitely say it's the best of what I've seen so far.

In fact I really fucking enjoyed it. I'll try and get the next one watched over the weekend (Goblet of fire?)

Anyway 8.5/10
  • MrFlay 20 May 2017 19:57:39 3,199 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King Arthur - Legend of the Sword - 7.5/10

Surprisingly good. Definitely nowhere near as bad as the reviews would have you believe. I'm actually a bit mystified by its reception. It's an entertaining fantasy action romp which has a bit of Conan the Barbarian in it's grim and slightly weird take on Arthurian legend. Jude Law and Charlie Hunnam are good and the supporting cast like Aiden Gillen, Djimon Hounsou and Eric Bana are mostly decent.

I'm not a fan of Guy Ritchie and his importation of cockney gangsters into this fantasy medieval world is grating but not as irritating as I imagined it would be.

The trailers feature almost none of the magical and fantastical elements of which there are many from the very start. The trailers actually did a terrible job of selling the movie. There are some spectacular set-pieces with immense scale but you see barely anything exciting in any of the trailers.

It's not a great movie and it has definitely been altered in editing to remove certain subplots. This can make certain scenes seem a little odd and some characters are mentioned but never seen. It's a pity this will almost certainly never get a sequel because there are so few fantasy franchises and the world has a really interesting post-Roman look.

Edited by MrFlay at 20:01:23 20-05-2017
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 May 2017 00:14:33 3,753 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Doctor Strange

Iron Man goes to Hogwarts

Looks good, story is fine if flimsy standard origin stuff, Cumberbatch plays the same character all male Marvel leads essentially are. I was hoping for a fresher take on the MCU template but it's pretty formulaic on the whole.

• HarryB 21 May 2017 00:53:52 7,018 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Heat .. the new Blu-ray release
    Still amazing and so the influence it had on movies and games is cool to spot

GTA, Kane & Lynch etc

Hurts your ears from all the gunfire but still exciting to watch after 20 odd years!!
  • Page

of 3525 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.