Popcorn Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 19:45:18
    Salt and sweet popcorn is called Kettle Corn over here, and it's awesome. Usually only found at county fairs and the like, though.

But anyway, all this flavoured popcorn nonsense and its fad as the healthy snack du jour just reminds me of the ricecake craze from a few years back. Tasteless shite sold for a premium, purporting to be healthy but only because it's low calorie - the flavourings usually have so many chemicals in you might as well just eat an air freshener.
  • elstoof 10 Jan 2013 20:23:58 6,136 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Popcorn is so last year, 2013 is the year of the popcorn-ricecake.
  • Lexx87 10 Jan 2013 20:28:30 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Popcake surely.

Ricepop.

Speak the truth hussy!

• ronuds 10 Jan 2013 20:39:36 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not a huge fan of the pre-packed popcorn - always seems a little stale. Still, I suppose if you squirt enough chemicals on it, it'll taste good.

Not that Orville Redenbacher's microwave stuff is any better - probably to the contrary. They've got one now that turns into a bowl while it's popping, though... it doesn't get any easier than that!
  • elstoof 10 Jan 2013 21:25:36 6,136 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not as stale as the stuff cinemas charge 6 quid for.
  • localnotail 10 Jan 2013 21:41:27 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maker, schmaker. Just fill the largest pan you have (that has a lid) with a one-deep layer of kernels (very cheap from local corner shop), add oil to coat all. Put lid on pan. Place on high heat, swirl them about occasionally. When they really start to pop reduce the heat to medium. When there is more than 2 seconds between pops again, turn off the heat. Enjoy.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next