Justice League of America

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 11 October 2007 15:04:51
    From Variety:

Warner Bros. is moving aggressively ahead with the bigscreen adaptation of DC Comics' "Justice League of America," with George Miller aboard to direct.
    Project, which is in the initial phases of casting, is a pre-strike priority for the studio, which needs a superhero tentpole for 2009.

Still, making all the pieces fit has been complicated by overlapping superhero projects in the pipeline, since "Justice League" features a pantheon of superheroes including Superman and Batman.

Batman and Superman are active properties for the studio, though the next installment in the "Superman" franchise has taken a backseat to "Justice League" in part because Warners is so keen on the "Justice League" script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney.

Beyond the Caped Crusader and Man of Steel, "Justice League" will likely feature Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman. The Green Lantern is also featured in the comicbook.

Several sources close to the project said that Christian Bale, star of the revived "Batman" film franchise, and Brandon Routh, star of Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns," would probably not appear in the movie.

Helmer Christopher Nolan, current steward of the "Batman" franchise for the studio, would prefer that Warners delay "Justice League" until after he finishes "Batman" projects in development; Bale has also let his uneasiness about "Justice League" be known.

To work around these issues, the studio explored making "Justice League" as an animated film or with motion capture, but all indications are that the pic will be an f/x-driven live-actioner.

Project is so complicated -- and casting-dependent -- that even those deeply involved are holding their breath until production begins.

"They're working very hard to get it to happen," said one party close to the project. "But there are so many characters, it's complicated."

It was for this very reason that many believed Warners would move ahead first with a follow-up to Singer's "Superman Returns." Singer, however, is busy with Tom Cruise starrer "Valkyrie."

Miller has a warm relationship with Warners. He last helmed "Happy Feet," which generated $379 million in worldwide box office for the studio.

This project could give the studio a launching pad for future Wonder Woman and the Flash pics. The studio has been developing bigscreen adaptations of both DC properties.
  • Deleted user 11 October 2007 15:13:29
    I should have put something about Batman in the thread title innit...
  • Micro_Explosion 11 Oct 2007 15:15:56 9,695 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The director last put out "Happy Feet". How can this not be the best film ever?
  • WrongShui 11 Oct 2007 15:17:49 6,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not gonna be JLU is it though.

Man that show was ace.
  • Singularity 11 Oct 2007 15:24:18 2,460 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think this could be an awesome mid point between Smallville and the 'grown-up' Batman and Supes flicks.

Tom Welling as Supes!
  • WrongShui 11 Oct 2007 15:25:52 6,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God no.

Smallville is awesome but Welling isn't superman.
  • Singularity 11 Oct 2007 15:33:38 2,460 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, he'd be great. The start of the first ep of season 7 convinced me he'd be awesome. : )
  • Deleted user 11 October 2007 15:34:24
    There’s all kind of rumours about what exactly would be going on in this film and who will be in them. Personally I’m surprised that they’ve got as far as announcing a director and a date when they start filming, I thought it would be totally dead in the water by now.

There’s enormous support for Welling to be Superman, probably more than Routh. The director is not keen though. There’s quite a lot of speculation still that they’ll somehow avoid having Batman and Superman in it altogether to avoid the issues involved with those franchises.

In other news, it really does look like Man of Steel is indeed never going to happen, or at the very least will be delayed until this is done.
  • Razz 11 Oct 2007 15:35:12 61,615 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Surprisingly Smallville has been rather good so far. I just hope they keep the pace and the interesting story line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Singularity 11 Oct 2007 15:37:13 2,460 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But without Bats and Supes it'll inevitably end up like that dreadful JLA TV movie.

They really need to do Man of Steel sooner rather than later though. I have a deep rooted need to see Supes get punched/punch someone through a building.
  • Deleted user 11 October 2007 15:44:06
    Singularity wrote:
    But without Bats and Supes it'll inevitably end up like that dreadful JLA TV movie.

They really need to do Man of Steel sooner rather than later though. I have a deep rooted need to see Supes get punched/punch someone through a building.

I really liked SR, but if MoS is just going to further elaborate on the kid story then perhaps it’s better if they let the franchise die and then reboot it in a few years like they did with Batman.
  • spamdangled 19 Oct 2012 17:44:02 27,426 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it's actually coming, with a date of 2015, with filming starting next year:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41727

Following the result of the long-running legal battle over the rights to Superman, Warner Bros. has announced its plans to move forward with the "Justice League" film. The L.A. Times reports the Warner adaptation of the DC Comics premiere super-team will likely begin shooting next year with a 2015 release date in mind. The studio plans to use "Justice League" as a launch platform for other individual franchises, contrary to the method which Marvel utilized to build "The Avengers" -- which makes it unlikely for the "Justice League" film to include Christopher Nolan's version of Batman or Zack Snyder's version of Superman.

Since the "Justice League" film adaptation was announced, rumors have run rampant about the cast and director -- at one point Ben Affleck and the Wachowskis were both rumored to direct. There are still some reports that Warner Bros. will use the film to introduce a new Batman and "The Lone Ranger" lead actor Armie Hammer may be the one to play him. Regardless, fans will likely find out more as the film begins shooting next year.
    Presumably they are already sitting on a finished script.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• BinaryBob101 19 Oct 2012 17:49:49 24,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nope, not yet they aren't.

I predict a fuck up.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 19 October 2012 17:55:21
    Companies don't tend to sit on finished scripts. Oftentimes a script isn't even finished until the days before shooting - and sometimes during. They'll maybe have a concept, but that pretty much means nothing other than "they have an idea".
  • BinaryBob101 27 Nov 2012 16:09:32 24,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JGL for JLA as Batman?

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman/23602/has-the-next-big-screen-batman-been-found

I dunno, fusing Nolan's Batman franchise with the new JLA film sounds a bi9t daft. Batman won't be Bruce Wayne, ffs.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• oceanmotion 27 Nov 2012 16:16:47 16,092 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not like he is Batman though,Robin more than anything, it would just be wrong.

You know what would be funny, in the new Superman film,he is the one who saves Batman at the end of DKR.

Edited by oceanmotion at 16:18:01 27-11-2012
  • BinaryBob101 27 Nov 2012 16:17:45 24,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ha! Nolan would be royally fucked off if that were true.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:18:25
    JGL wouldn't make a good Batman anyway. He's too youthful looking at the moment. Give it another five-to-ten years and he'll be getting there.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:19:15
    Yeah. Even though he's the producer of MoS and there isn't a single reason it should upset him.
  • BinaryBob101 27 Nov 2012 16:22:47 24,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know he's the producer of MoS. Pretty sure he wouldn't be happy if Supes saved the day at the end of TDKR, totally changing the end of the film.

It's a moot point anyway as it won't happen.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:27:51
    He wouldn't be happy if the Wombles were the villains in MoS either.
  • oceanmotion 27 Nov 2012 16:29:21 16,092 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What is MoS ?

EDIT - DUH, Knew it was superman but couldn't think what that stood for. Man of Steel.

Edited by oceanmotion at 16:31:14 27-11-2012
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:29:52
    Orinoco's got a great idea for a real estate swindle.
  • BinaryBob101 27 Nov 2012 16:30:44 24,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ask Aargh, he has a good point to make about everything.

Man of Steel.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:31:40
    Man of Steel.

Bit odd you don't know what film you were discussing there bob.
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2013 11:29:38 61,098 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Justic League shaping up to be a disaster shocker!

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/02/warner-bros-may-have-thrown-out-its-justice-league-script-due-to-general-terribleness/

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Page

of 1

Previous Next