Too many games!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Infradead 3 Oct 2007 13:04:55 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has anyone noticed the absolute flood of awesome games coming out over the next few months? Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero III... and that's leaving out a few choice titles.
    My problem is I don't have enough money to buy all the damn things. I can't actually remember a time when my wallet has been stretched so far.
    So, anyone else mildly concerned? I want them all, dammit!

• JYM60 3 Oct 2007 13:09:21 16,902 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've noticed a flood of samey, shit threads.

Not that this is shit.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Deleted user 3 October 2007 13:10:21
    WAA WAA WAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What is with this place right now?

EDIT: Sorry, no offence mate, just saw this was your first post! Welcome :)

• catterz 3 Oct 2007 13:12:15 8,763 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Troller. Get a job.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Retroid Moderator 3 Oct 2007 13:15:04 45,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shouldn't this be in the PS3 section?

/Kicks self out of thread
  • Psychotext 3 Oct 2007 13:18:04 55,051 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not concerned, am loving it. No rush to play them all so I'll keep some for the quieter periods.
  • graffekta 3 Oct 2007 13:26:57 6 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's great I think!
    Although I wonder if I'll still be as addicted to Halo 3 online when Team Fortress 2 is out on the 360...
  • gogobaka 3 Oct 2007 13:31:25 704 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mass Effect and CoD 4 I'm confident will be good. Assassins Creed I'm starting to have doubts about. Guitar Hero 3, I'm very meh about, would prefer just one guitar hero and then lots of DLC.

PSN id: gogoka

• Luvbeers 3 Oct 2007 13:48:22 918 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know tell me about it! Where was that article that the average game attachment rate for the 360 was 5 games? Who the hell only has 5 games? I have like 20 now and I think I am being conservative with 5 more to get by xmas.
  • Wayne 3 Oct 2007 13:55:28 2,144 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Luvbeers wrote:
    I know tell me about it! Where was that article that the average game attachment rate for the 360 was 5 games? Who the hell only has 5 games? I have like 20 now and I think I am being conservative with 5 more to get by xmas.

I have exactly 4 at present and just ordered my 5th today. I reckon I'll have sold one of those before buying a sixth.
  • Veracity 3 Oct 2007 22:09:22 352 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm more likely (though still not very) to want to catch a film early than a game. If it's the kind of game that can be spoiled, it's generally easier to avoid hearing about it so you can experience it for yourself than in the case of films, especially blockbustery ones.

But, aye, the simple solution to too many games is not to buy them all - prioritize according to what you've realistically time for. Sometimes easier said than done, admittedly.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2007 11:27:40
    The best scenario is to get the games you class as must haves and leave the others to later, they fall in price pretty sharpish.

I quite fancy stranglehold but will wait till its 20, whereas when call of duty 4 hits town I'll be first in the shop.
  • famous_roy 4 Oct 2007 11:40:19 4,102 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If we're going to compile a terrifying list of why we will be penny-less before the end of the year.. (across all formats naturally)

Mario Galaxy (Wii)
    Mass effect (360)
    Phantom Hourglass (DS)
    Half life: Orange box (360/PS3/PC)
    Metroid prime 3 (Wii)
    Super smash bros melee(Wii)
    Assasins creed (360/PS3)
    Castlevania: Dracula X chronicles (PSP)
    Disgaea: afternoon of darkness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PSP)
    Final fantasy tactics (PSP/DS)
    Ninja Gaiden (DS)
    Haze (PS3... throwing it a bone here)

Now I'm sure I've missed some, but those are just the games I am looking forward to, which is frankly worrying. Theres a lot of potential AAA up there, this is definately a good year (not financially) to be a gamer.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• pjmaybe 4 Oct 2007 12:15:54 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The good thing about 70% of the supposed "big games" coming out this quarter is that most of them are almost guaranteed to slip. So they won't be troubling my wallet.

Still leaves a hell of a dent though with some of these. I think i could well end up becoming a stingy bastard and just waiting for the inevitable Q1 08 price drops (which almost always seem to happen just after I've shelled out full price for games on release day!)

Peej
  • Brodie 4 Oct 2007 12:18:58 191 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:

Kristen Bell is in it so it's going to be the single greatest game ever in the history of all gaming ever.

Quoted for absolute truth. Except she's only doing a voiceover. Not an appearance as some tiny blonde belly dancing slave girl who must be rescued from the evil baddies, then rescued from her evil virginity.

Or something.

/coat
  • famous_roy 4 Oct 2007 12:19:25 4,102 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry I didn't realise this was a 360 thread! I have tainted it with talk of other formats, well just blank them out. Either way we're all spoilt for choice!

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Page

of 1

Previous Next