Top Gear returns Page 5

• Page

of 150 First / Last

• Freek 14 Oct 2007 21:17:07 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    spindizzy wrote:
    The "car in a reasonably priced car" bit bores me to tears though.

The problem seems to be that they have run out of 'Car' people and are getting on people who dont really give a shit.

The likes of Coogan who really care and reel off a list of their cars and driving anecdotes seem fairly few and far between.

I mean, Helen fucking Mirren.

The fact that Jooles Holland was on Friday Night with Johnethan Ross this week and told the exact same story and showed the exact same clip diden't help either.

But I do enjoy the chalanges, always funny since it usually ends in some sort of dissaster involving fire or sinking.
  • Nemesis 14 Oct 2007 21:58:27 18,607 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jools Bloody Holland. I saw him drive out of our local petrol garage and he was turning the wheel like he was still doing the test.

/must not cross, feed through, must not cross

Gloves on as well.

The only thing I noticed tonight was the excessive hair growth from Hamster and Capt' Slow. It'll be tighter jeans and gym membership next.

Righto, back to PGR4.
  • Errol 14 Oct 2007 22:27:52 12,464 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    'Like smearing honey in to Keira Knightly' :-D

Not sure why anyone would want to smear honey into a stick insect though. I mean, does anyone actually find her attractive?

• Micro_Explosion 14 Oct 2007 22:30:38 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    semprini wrote:
    'Like smearing honey in to Keira Knightly' :-D

Not sure why anyone would want to smear honey into a stick insect though. I mean, does anyone actually find her attractive?

She looks like a 12 year old boy. A fairly attractive and femine one but still...

That's a no, in case it isn't clear.
  • Errol 14 Oct 2007 22:31:54 12,464 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I keep on looking for breasts but they're just not there. It disturbs me greatly.
  • Micro_Explosion 14 Oct 2007 22:35:51 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Smearing honey into Scarlett Johannson appeals to me.
  • TheSaint 16 Oct 2007 11:57:04 14,294 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have to admit that I did wonder about it at the time but it seems they are in trouble for the smoking the pipes:

Link
  • pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 11:59:03 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    I have to admit that I did wonder about it at the time but it seems they are in trouble for the smoking the pipes:

Link

Saw that coming.

I guess this means no new series of "The Smoking Room" then?

Peej
  • ecureuil 16 Oct 2007 11:59:08 76,708 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Link

Haha, what a stupid, sad world we live in.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2007 12:02:50
    :D

I'm pretty sure that that's exactly the reaction they're after!
  • PES_Fanboy 16 Oct 2007 12:03:09 14,774 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FFS.

This week's episode much better than last weeks. I like cars, but frankly watching them drive around the track balls out is much the same as watching someone eat fois gras - you know it's a bit wrong, and you'd give your left testicle to be doing it yourself, so ultimately it's boring and makes you jealous.
  • pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 12:03:44 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    :D

I'm pretty sure that that's exactly the reaction they're after!

Of course it is. Also the reason Clarkson seems absolutely 100% unable to keep his fucking hands on the wheel of a car while driving it.

Peej
  • glaeken 16 Oct 2007 12:07:06 11,140 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Link

They have to have done it on purpose as the first thing I thought of when they lit up was they were breaking the smoking ban. I know Clarkson used to be quite vocal about smoking rights so this will be down to him I would think.

As for the people who phoned in to complain they should be banned from owning a TV.
  • pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 12:08:04 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm moderately surprised no one complained about Clarkson's comments about Jason Plato's accident.

If I was JP I'd have been waiting for the smug cunt outside the studio with a plumber's wrench...

Peej
  • glaeken 16 Oct 2007 12:11:09 11,140 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That accident was shown on 5th Gear last night and it was really nothing though. He probably had very slight burns at the most. It did not stop him competing in some motor racing series he takes part in a couple of days later.
  • JuanKerr 16 Oct 2007 12:19:07 36,239 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    glaeken wrote:

As for the people who phoned in to complain they should be banned from owning a TV.

That's exactly what I was thinking - what kind of smug, busy-body, interfering, do-gooding wanker actually makes the effort to contact the BBC to complain about this?

Until I read that story on the BBC, the fact that they were smoking indoors didn't even cross my mind.
  • Lovemoose 16 Oct 2007 12:20:00 999 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shame really. Mind you, it totally made me want to smoke a pipe and sit in a comfy armchair holding forth on matters of import. So much so, that my good lady wife is going to buy me one of these for Christmas. Get in.

twitter: @chockey

• pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 12:21:33 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Get a proper one

http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Porsche_Pipes_Black.html

/sees price

/has mini heart attack

Peej
  • JuanKerr 16 Oct 2007 12:22:53 36,239 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lovemoose wrote:
    Shame really. Mind you, it totally made me want to smoke a pipe and sit in a comfy armchair holding forth on matters of import. So much so, that my good lady wife is going to buy me one of these for Christmas. Get in.

Brilliant!

When I was a nipper, my grandad smoked a pipe and I used to use his old discarded ones to blow bubbles. I still remember the weird washing up liquid/tobacco taste in my mouth I used to get and to this day, I love the smell of pipe smoke.

Good old grandad, God bless his soul.
  • Lovemoose 16 Oct 2007 12:23:49 999 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Grrr:
    [code]Birmingham Grid for Learning

Unfortunately the page you have requested cannot be displayed at the moment, for the following reason:

Inappropriate Content Blocked by: Smartfilter/Tobacco (tb) [/code]

twitter: @chockey

• cheese001 16 Oct 2007 12:25:45 813 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lovemoose wrote:
    Grrr:

Unfortunately the page you have requested cannot be displayed at the moment, for the following reason:

HA......HA
  • Ginger 16 Oct 2007 12:38:41 6,829 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lovemoose wrote:
    Grrr:

o_0

London open taekwondo champion

• phAge 16 Oct 2007 12:42:36 24,344 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Link
    Ah yes - the ongoing campaing of non-smokers everywhere to underline the fact that they are, in fact, facist wankers.

/doesn't smoke
  • JuanKerr 16 Oct 2007 12:44:23 36,239 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:

Link
    Ah yes - the ongoing campaing of non-smokers everywhere to underline the fact that they are, in fact, facist wankers.

/doesn't smoke

I don't smoke and I'm starting to agree. That said, my girlfriend is asthmatic and it's nice to be able to go into any pub and not worry about it affecting her. Also, it's still really nice to go for a night in the boozer and not come home stinking of cigarettes ...
  • pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 12:45:20 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not too fussed about those but it is incredibly nice to know that you can go into a cafe or a restaurant and know that the smoking section isn't divided from the rest of the place by a fucking trellis...

Peej
  • JuanKerr 16 Oct 2007 12:46:37 36,239 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Not too fussed about those but it is incredibly nice to know that you can go into a cafe or a restaurant and know that the smoking section isn't divided from the rest of the place by a fucking trellis...

Peej

What do you mean - a trellis is scientifically proven to stop smoke entering another part of the same room. It's actually more effective than a brick wall.
  • pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 12:47:43 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    pjmaybe wrote:

Peej

What do you mean - a trellis is scientifically proven to stop smoke entering another part of the same room. It's actually more effective than a brick wall.

It's what our employee lounge used for years. A fucking trellis. You know, smoke particles just got to that sucker and turned right the fuck back around!

Peej
  • phAge 16 Oct 2007 12:48:37 24,344 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    That said, my girlfriend is asthmatic and it's nice to be able to go into any pub and not worry about it affecting her. Also, it's still really nice to go for a night in the boozer and not come home stinking of cigarettes ...
    Completely agree, but it's like these stricter smoking-laws have made non-smokers 15000% more allergic to smoke, and even the faintest whiff of tobacco is now enough to make them cry for blood...
  • pjmaybe 16 Oct 2007 12:49:43 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    S'cos the law's now on their side y'see.

Peej
  • Deleted user 16 October 2007 12:51:31
    phAge wrote:
    Ah yes - the ongoing campaing of any focus group, on any subject, everywhere to underline the fact that they are, in fact, facist wankers.
  • Page

of 150 First / Last