Blockbuster Vs Gamestation Vs Game Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• sabata 30 Sep 2007 14:49:16 30 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    -1 can't check the goods out physically when you buy them. look at all this halo 3 legendary scratched disc pish.

also, companies like play state the contents and value on the packaging, and i've seen the shady dudes that work in sorting offices...
  • heyyo 30 Sep 2007 14:54:24 14,374 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Caspar_Esq. wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    CEX has been around for years. In London, at least.

CEX, at least the one on T. Court Rd., is not merely a bit smelly but positively repulsive. I can handle a bit of Gamestation Megadeth, but CEX is just fucking wrong. Small, dingy, loud, and not cleaned in years. I've had more fun at the dentist.

The problem with the internet is delivery - its not very realistic when you want to play something that afternoon, because you feel like it.

I find the CEX on Tottenham Court Rd has it charms :)
  • Deleted user 30 September 2007 16:10:01
    It had its charms before the lower floor was flooded with raw sewage and most of the retro stuff was wiped out. Now the whole place stinks like a tramp.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2007 16:12:56
    So that's what happened to all the retro goodies! It did seem odd that they all seemed to disappear all of a sudden.
  • billythekid 30 Sep 2007 16:15:49 11,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My local Gamestation will pricematch any shop in town, gives a pretty good trade in price and crucially has a 10 day exchange or next day refund.

• dudewheresmybrain 30 Sep 2007 16:34:27 657 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    i disagree with the first post, how are game worse then GS for trade ins; GS offer £12 blue dragon, game £25...

gamestation suck
  • Chrono-Kun 1 Oct 2007 10:14:07 467 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    i disagree with the first post, how are game worse then GS for trade ins; GS offer £12 blue dragon, game £25...

gamestation suck

Isn't that because Game has a monoply over gamestation >.>

Gametrading:

Get DS/PSP games on US import
    Good trade ins
    The staff are pricks
    It is kinda clean
  • monkeypuzzle 1 Oct 2007 10:22:24 1,947 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SgtFrog wrote:
    Are you sure about blue dragon trading at £25? I can buy it from Game new for that.......

I think you'll find that is an old price.

wasn't on wednesday when I traded it in, and yes they are selling for the same prce.

EDIT: i.e. I did get £25 for it.

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

• burns 1 Oct 2007 11:27:47 1,138 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really rate BB highly, I took Bioshock normal edition to swap with H3 and they gave me £26 for it :)

also they swapped my RROD 360 3 times even when i didn't have a receipt :)
  • Deleted user 1 October 2007 14:46:24
    Have aways went to game even tho i knew gamestation gave more for tradeins .... dont know why..... but was in gamestation yesterday and you are right about the smells man ... what the hell is that all about flippin stinkin man ... never thought about BB might give them a bash next time
  • dudewheresmybrain 1 Oct 2007 14:49:17 657 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkeypuzzle wrote:
    SgtFrog wrote:
    Are you sure about blue dragon trading at £25? I can buy it from Game new for that.......

I think you'll find that is an old price.

wasn't on wednesday when I traded it in, and yes they are selling for the same prce.

might have changed now, but i traded it halo 3 launch day towards one of the limited edn pads £25 trade +£10 moolah
  • PES_Fanboy 1 Oct 2007 15:14:50 13,503 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm waiting for Choices to do similar to their rental games as they are with their old rental DVDs (i.e. clear em out cheap).
  • thisgame 1 Oct 2007 15:25:12 8 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Game is for the mass market mum's and dad's who have no clue they are being ripped off. I dont blame Game. They are just a business and selling games at the max they can. Its the people who shop in them they need shooting. Its insane how much they charge... but why not when people will buy them?.

I personally use Blockbuster. There are just more about, and they seem good overall. Although my local one does not support the Wii much. Which is highly anoying.
  • pinebear 1 Oct 2007 15:38:22 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game had a used copy of God Hand when I went in yesterday so they can't be all bad.

• Sid-Nice 1 Oct 2007 15:53:04 15,852 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've used my independent video gaming emporium for years; when Game charge £39.99, Grainger Games charge £32, recently though Grainger Games seem to be charging more than Game i.e. Tiger Woods 08 £42 and FIFA 08 £42. Obviously the RRP for these games must be £49.99; but there is no way that Iíll stay loyal to my independent retailer when supermarkets are selling games for £35.

NNID Sid-Nice

• basiclee 1 Oct 2007 17:06:47 56 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    Game had a used copy of God Hand when I went in yesterday so they can't be all bad.

That's not really anything to do with the retailer, merely the customers?
  • afghan_jones 3 Oct 2007 13:19:35 3,033 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BB wins easily because its open late 7 days a week when I get those terrible, terrible urges to buy shiny new games
  • jonsaan 3 Oct 2007 13:20:56 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's very true. BB for the 9pm impulse buy.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 28 Feb 2009 15:46:06 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh my. Blockbusters pissed me off today. I went in there looking for a copy of Saints Row 2 on 360. Anyway, they had one, wierdly it was 'reduced' to 29.99 yet positioned in the pre owned section. So anyway, I took it up and asked 'is this pre owned'.

'no mate, it's new' Says BB employee
    'Mind if I just check the disc' says I

Anyway, he passes me the disc and it's scratched. So I said it's scratched and if I had to return it for any reason they would say I had scratched it. The disc literally looks as though someone has made comb art on it's surface.

'It's not scratched', he says.
    'Yes it is, look!' says I
    'well that's inevitable when you stock as many games as we do' he says
    'Well it doesn't seem to be a problem with other shops in general, says I,' why don't you sell me it for a preowned price seeing as it's damaged.
    'It's not damaged, it'll play fine.'
    'Yes but it's scratched.'
    'It's not scratched. 29.99 please.'
    'No you're alright thanks, I'll go and buy a new copy somewhere else.'
    'It is new.'
    'No it's not, it's damaged.'
    '29.99 please'
    'Oh fuck off'

/leaves
    /goes to Tescos and gets a brand new shrink wrapped copy for 21.95

Why the fuck do these stores have to open shrink wrapped goods? They don't unbox the 360s and PS3s they sell prior to selling do they? It makes no sense.

It was fairly obvious that disc had seen some gaming action. maybe the staff take them home?

All I know is that's the last time. Every single time it's a lottery with disc condition in that place.

Not an issue if I am buying preowned, but if I buy something new I expect it to be new! FUCKERS.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 28 Feb 2009 16:00:17 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bump because I'm still annoyed:D

FCUTA!

• belta 28 Feb 2009 16:05:21 306 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    better than all the others. based up here in the north east but the do mail order
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/
  • ElNino9 28 Feb 2009 16:05:47 13,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Game used to do this. Used to pay full whack for a new game, only for me to get home, open the box, and see it's clearly been used. Used to really fuck me off to the point where I would request a sealed copy if the gave me one that wasn't.

Doesn't matter now, I buy all my games online, which come with a nice crisp seal. :)

They're cheeky cunts though, the lot of 'em

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Dante_Cubit 28 Feb 2009 16:08:14 1,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Internet or death.
  • jonsaan 28 Feb 2009 16:53:10 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sadly. this'll now be the only way forward for me too. They only have themselves to blame really.

FCUTA!

• chippy36 28 Feb 2009 17:06:56 23 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You are moaning to the wrong people. Do what I did once and ring head office have a good ol' barny to the thicko on the other end of the line, and hey presto, you'll be given a tenner credit put into your account.

May be a good idea though not to tell them to 'fuck off'.
  • jonsaan 28 Feb 2009 18:26:57 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't. I added that bit to make me look hard.

And yes, you are right. I'll get onto their customer services on Monday. I did the same with GAME and got a brand new shrink wrapped copy of Tenchu z in a similar situation. They have the double insult of putting a seal on games that have been previously opened and selling them as new now too!

GAME have improved overall though from how they once were.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 28 February 2009 18:31:58
    When I worked at Blockies it was policy to keep everything shrinkwrapped in the storeroom, with display boxes on the floor. Just before I left they changed that so you had to gut everything and keep the boxes out on the floor. Allegedly they did it to give them more room in storage and make inventories easier, though what they needed the extra room for I never found out, and it certainly wouldn't make inventories any easier. Counting cases lined up on a shelf is easier than flicking through cramped drawers.

Also what chippy said. Regardless of the in-store policy or how in the wrong you may be (not that you are here), a quick call to customer services and they'll pretty much shower you with credit.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2009 19:09:45
    They're all shite. Except for Game's internet arm, they've been good whenever I've used them. Quick delivery and good customer service. And quidco cashback.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2009 19:22:02
    Hmv are ok for trade ins went to game offered me £13 for cod 4 it was in as new condition as i look after all my games,went to hmv today got £22 for cod 4 and £10 for burnout paradise paid £7.99 extra to get killzone 2 shame they didnt do the steelbook version.
  • chippy36 28 Feb 2009 19:30:45 23 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    heyyo! wrote:
    Caspar_Esq. wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    CEX has been around for years. In London, at least.

CEX, at least the one on T. Court Rd., is not merely a bit smelly but positively repulsive. I can handle a bit of Gamestation Megadeth, but CEX is just fucking wrong. Small, dingy, loud, and not cleaned in years. I've had more fun at the dentist.

The problem with the internet is delivery - its not very realistic when you want to play something that afternoon, because you feel like it.

I find the CEX on Tottenham Court Rd has it charms :)
    My nearest CEX gives me the creeps whenever I go in there. I get the impression they do Body peircing out the back and it has all the charms of a seedy sex shop.............So I've been told....ahem.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last