Post of the day Page 109

• Page

of 125 First / Last

• Bremenacht 19 Sep 2011 17:12:22 18,721 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there a 'thread title of the day' thread?

Are the Ewok films canon?

Proof that two negatives ('Ewok films', 'canon') make a positive.
  • megastar 22 Sep 2011 17:21:18 17,196 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    My favourite Ja Rule track

This is ace!!!
  • richarddavies 22 Sep 2011 17:26:14 2,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    My favourite Ja Rule track

This is ace!!!

:D That's brill.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2011 00:21:53
    Aargh. wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    mal wrote:

The reason we've built so much infrastructure dependent on oil is because we can't forsee a situation where it would dry up overnight. What's your scenario?

We wake up one morning and all of the oil has dried up during the night.

:D
  • kalel 28 Sep 2011 14:03:12 88,447 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just came in to post that. Fozz must have the highest amount of PotDs of anyone surely.
  • spamdangled 1 Oct 2011 12:07:46 27,413 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From the Ico and SotC thread:

Dr.Haggard wrote:
    spacedelete wrote:
    uhh[?] how am i thick[ ]? i am a university student[ ]for[at?] cambridge so im[I'm] alot[a lot] smarter then[than] you mate.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Genji 6 Oct 2011 04:48:42 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From the soon-to-be-banned chloehandbag, here is a gem of argumentative prose, considering the question of whether to support the death penalty:
    chloehandbag wrote:

A central principle of a just society is that very person has an equal right to “life,liberty,and the pursuit of happiness”.The essential basis on which community is built requires each citizen to honor the rightful claims of air force ones shoes.The precioueness of life in a moral community must be so highly honored that those who do not honor the life of others make null and void their own right to membership.Those who violate the personhood of new era caps,especially if this is done persistently as a habit,must pay the ultimate penalty.This punishment must be inflicted for the sake of maintaining the community whose foundation has been violated.We can debate whether some non-lethal alternative is a fitting substitute for the death penalty.But the standard of judgment is whether the punishment fits the crime and sufficiently honors the nature of moral community.
    By contrast,Agape,or Christian love,is unconditional.It does not depend on the worthiness or merit of those to whom it is directed.It is persistent is seeking the good of others regardless of whether they return the favor or even deserve to be treated well on the basis of their own incessant wrongdoing.An ideal community would be made up of free and equal citizens devoted to a balance between individual self-fulfillment and the advancement of moncler down.Communal life would be based on mutual love in which equality of giving and receiving was the norm of canada goose jackets.
    What would a community based on this kind of love do with those who commited brutal acts of ferrari sunglasses,violence,and murder?Put negatively,it would not live by the philosophy of “an eye of an eye,a tooth for a tooth,and a life for a life”.It would act to safeguard the members of the community from further destruction.Those who had shown no respect for life would be restrained,permanently if necessary,so that they could not further endanger other members of asics running shoes.But the purpose of confinement would not be vengeance or punishment.Rather an ideal community.would show mercy even to those who had shown no mercy.It would return good for evil.The aim of isolation is reconciliation and gucci purses.Agape never gives up.It is ever hopeful that even the worse among us can be redeemed so that their own potential contribution to others can be realized.
    Such,in brief,is the argument for and against capital punishment,one of founded on justice and the nature of moral community,the other resting on love and the nature of an ideal spiritual community.
    It's not the same with the links removed, so I changed the destination instead.
  • pinebear 6 Oct 2011 07:14:16 8,565 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Art.

• BillMurray 6 Oct 2011 07:31:44 7,792 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm gonna miss her.
  • DFawkes 1 Jan 2012 18:15:35 23,344 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think the new year deserves this thread, so I'll go with this. On Charlie Brooker having sex with lovely wife Konnie Huq, Salad asked "Wonder if he'll get a Blue Peter badge." To which this reply was offered:

Metalfish wrote:
    Blue Peter Vag, surely?
    Well I like it :)

Edited by DFawkes at 18:16:04 01-01-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• jonsaan 1 Jan 2012 20:55:01 25,360 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vadge surely? Vag?!

FCUTA!

• BillMurray 1 Jan 2012 21:02:03 7,792 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • RobTheBuilder 1 Jan 2012 21:07:31 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Think the new year deserves this thread, so I'll go with this. On Charlie Brooker having sex with lovely wife Konnie Huq, Salad asked "Wonder if he'll get a Blue Peter badge." To which this reply was offered:

Metalfish wrote:
    Blue Peter Vag, surely?
    Well I like it :)
    That's top notch. Brooker would be proud of that one.
  • Deleted user 23 January 2012 14:14:16
    Fake_Blood in the PC help thread.

"Dude, you should play Portal 2.
    Just ask in here whenever you get stuck."

:D
  • Bremenacht 28 Jan 2012 20:34:32 18,721 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    So it turns out j may have gotten do drunk last night that I did a massive poo on the living room chair hitch I'm now having to clean up after a massive argument . I font geek so good.
  • Tom_Servo 11 Feb 2012 18:56:10 18,005 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From the Premier League thread:

Trowel wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Now I have a dilemma. Watch the greatest comeback in footballing history, or watch the Three Musketeers on Film 4...
    One 4-4 or all 4-1?
  • PhoenixFlames 11 Feb 2012 18:58:45 9,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:

Trowel wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Now I have a dilemma. Watch the greatest comeback in footballing history, or watch the Three Musketeers on Film 4...
    One 4-4 or all 4-1?
    Genius.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 11 February 2012 18:59:54
    Gotta tip your hat to that one, well played sir.
  • Trowel 11 Feb 2012 18:59:58 17,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:

Trowel wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    One 4-4 or all 4-1?
    Genius.
    ^ this.
  • Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 12:20:13 8,362 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Technically the post of yesterday, but I've only just seen it and the thread's been locked now, so...

Chopsen wrote:

I'm not sure you're comparing like for like when comparing iOS to Vita.

Vita is like having a proper console with a proper controller in your hand. The kind of people who care about those kind of things are a niche market.

iOS devices are not a niche device. They are ubiquitous and mass market, targeted squarely at average joe bloogs in the street. Normal people, who are good looking and if they have facial hair, it means they're a man, and it's there by purpose, not by neglect. The kind of happy smiley families you see in Nintendo adverts.

What I'm saying is, iOS is more of a threat to 3DS because they are going after the same demographic - women, children and men who think like women or children.

Vita appeals to socially backward technologically obsessive deviants who quite possibly live underground. That is why I like mine. Long may it continue.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• smoothpete 1 Mar 2012 14:10:12 31,575 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This was some guy in a comments thread on the FP, I think it's excellent

"Say what you want about Hitler but he did kill Hitler. "
  • Kosmoz 1 Mar 2012 14:19:22 7,710 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That is top quality.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• localnotail 1 Mar 2012 21:28:44 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Like many things, it comes from Reddit, I think.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• LionheartDJH 4 Mar 2012 19:36:54 19,492 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Technically post of yesterday, but made me laugh:

Aargh. wrote:
    warlockuk wrote:
    All life is wasted. Music, books, games, it doesn't matter.
    Have you ever considered a career in motivational speaking?

She dives for cheese pasties

• Gland 4 Mar 2012 19:38:22 78,449 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Like many things, it comes from Reddit, I think.
    And everything from reddit came from 4chan by way of half a dozen other sites.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Bremenacht 17 Apr 2012 18:46:36 18,721 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Tony The Tiger ruined my bumhole. Bastard.
    LOL - one makes your day - the other makes your hole weak!
  • Nanocrystal 2 May 2012 19:07:35 1,072 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This pre-emptive Star Wars nerd edit made me lol:
    Whizzo wrote:
    Crash an A-Wing into the bridge and see what happens.

edit: and yes I do know that was the Executor so it was a super star destroyer rather than a Victory class.
  • LeoliansBro 2 May 2012 19:12:40 44,507 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the Victory class was only from ANH. I'll need to check, wasn't it something like Imperator class from then on?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 125 First / Last