Halo 4 Page 173

• Page

of 173 First / Last

Next
  • afghan_jones 17 Jan 2014 16:46:41 3,041 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Is it really that bad? I might get clipped by long range DMR having a look around the map, but not enough to die unless I'm already on one shot. What you say about hitscan may be true, but you've still got to get the shot on target. Perhaps the mistake they made was taking out or severely reducing bloom, that balanced the DMR and required skill.
    It ruined their map design though, which in turn changed the flow of things, and reduced the abiity to get an overview of the battle and callout enemy locations.

Every big map has a whopping great structure right in the middle plus loads of other bits and bobs to break up long sight lines.
  • JiveHound 17 Jan 2014 17:00:15 2,542 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After playing Halo 3 again recently I really don't think they needed to change that much after all.

Halo 4 proves that the core is still there but they seriously need to go back to basics with the next game.

No other game scratches the same itch so I really need them to hit the next one out of the park.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• oceanmotion 17 Jan 2014 17:09:04 16,008 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope the jet pack doesn't return so map design actually has a chance of working. It's just impossible with such things in the game. One of those cool things you've always wanted but doesn't do the game design any favours. Sprint is also a map breaking ability.

343 need to cut the weapons back considerably. Far too many alien variants of human weapons.
  • Ror1984 21 Feb 2014 19:41:15 3,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just returned to Halo owing to Titanfall beta withdrawals.

Although Halo games are usually the only competitive FPS titles I play online, I tend to come and go a bit, so a question: have they removed AAs from MP? I just played about three or four games and didn't have any AAs in any game. I remember there used to be an odd respawn bug where you'd occasionally respawn without an ability, but I didn't have one at any point in any of the games.

It felt good to be back, though. As much as I enjoyed the TF beta it's no Halo. I don't think anything is likely to replace this series as my favourite FPS, but it's nice to have some fun options.

EDIT - Oh and ordnance, I've only just remembered that was a thing. That was absent as well. Seems they've made some significant changes in the months I've been away?

Edited by Ror1984 at 22:06:37 21-02-2014

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• RedSparrows 21 Feb 2014 23:32:25 23,307 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They have created a number of modes which strip back AAs and Ordnance was only in Infinity modes.

Good moves, IMO.
  • Ror1984 21 Feb 2014 23:44:35 3,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm, I'm sure I just went to the same ol' BTB I used to go to. I did just kind of fly through the menus to get into a game though. I'll pay attention next time I'm on.

I never had too many problems with loadouts, AAs and ordnance, but I have to admit my few games this evening did feel nice and 'pure'. Also, after Titanfall, it felt nice to go into a game and have average lifespans of four minutes rather than about thirty seconds!

• Ror1984 22 Feb 2014 00:12:57 3,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, I've just started downloading the map packs, as apparently, despite owning the LE, I'd completely forgotten to do so,

I look forward to possibly, maybe playing them at some point, perhaps. If I'm lucky.

• RedSparrows 22 Feb 2014 08:53:26 23,307 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You won't ;)
  • Nades 22 Feb 2014 09:54:09 1,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good luck with that, unless they make them free you won't be playing them. Haven't played this probably since the Xbox One came out, not sure if its worth giving it a try today.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Ror1984 22 Feb 2014 13:09:28 3,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I was being sarcastic ;)

I played a bit more in bed last night and realised that all of my loadouts had been reset. I had to spend SP to re-buy stuff I'd already bought. They've definitely mixed up the playlists though - I used to pick BTB and just get BTS, CTF, KoTH etc, but yesterday I got a few games of Regicide in (and in this mode there were no loadouts/AA/ordnance). It sounds ridiculous, but last night was the first time I'd ever played Regicide. Not sure if like.

I also had a bit of a nightmare game last night. 8v8 BTS on Ragnarok, but half the players bailed before sides had been determined. Great, I thought, 4v4 on Ragnarok, this is going to feel a bit sparse. Except the game decided to divide the players into one team of five and one team of three. Then another player joined the team of five in-session, making it 6v3. Queue ten minutes of us hiding in our base while the other team covered all the exits with all the vehicles on the map. Wasn't a great deal of fun.

I've never been a fan of join-in-progress for certain reasons (and was a bit annoyed when it was brought to Halo), but yesterday it could have saved that game. Instead it made it worse.

EDIT Oh and one thing I hadn't missed in my time away from Halo MP - host migration. I'll be glad to see the back of that for Halo 5.

Edited by Ror1984 at 13:32:05 22-02-2014

• Matt36 14 Apr 2014 10:09:08 1,392 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If I buy the GoTY edition, am I missing anything DLC wise?
  • DFawkes 14 Apr 2014 10:28:42 23,352 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope, it has everything. In fact it seems to have more than everything you can normally buy, including all the separate pre-order exclusive emblems and weapon skins. So if you buy that, it should be the full experience.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• DUFFMAN5 14 Apr 2014 10:39:49 14,982 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Matt36 wrote:
    If I buy the GoTY edition, am I missing anything DLC wise?
    Are you bored Matt ? ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Latin 14 Apr 2014 11:44:09 3,779 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was watching the cutscenes again on youtube because I was bored... Anyway, where was Master Chief during the Spartan ops missions?

I'm guessing Halo 5 will involve him hunting down the other half of the key.
  • AgentDaleCooper 14 Apr 2014 11:48:14 648 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The dlc was the biggest waste of money I've spent on a game anyway. It's extremely difficult and rare to get matched with a full server of people who also own the maps - and even when you do what does joe public do? Votes for a fucking Forge map instead.

343i haven't a clue how to handle dlc maps in a fair or satisfying way. I foolishly ponied up for the season pass but it absolutely wasn't value for money and I regretted it. The GotY edition won't improve your chances much, I reckon.
  • Nades 14 Apr 2014 11:57:27 1,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep, to make it more frustrating the DLC maps are a lot better than the on disc maps. Atleast I feel they are anyway. They need to just be fair and make them free, no one will buy them, and it might bring the population up a bit. Also releasing a half-finished game was unfair on us, so they should for that reason alone.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• AgentDaleCooper 14 Apr 2014 12:05:44 648 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The maps were annoyingly superb. What is the population down to these days? I remember being pleased that it nose-dived to almost embarrassing numbers (for that franchise) because it was a great message sender. The vast majority of fans told 343i they weren't happy with the changes they'd made to the classic Bungie formula.

I'm interested to see if care packaged weapons are thrown out and gun spawns firmly returned for the sequel. Plus utterly pointless unlocks, they need to go too. They need to bring back the arena.
  • DFawkes 14 Apr 2014 12:19:00 23,352 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I personally prefer that we have the choice of game. Sometimes I want to play 4, sometimes I want to play Reach. I like both for different reasons, and I'm glad they both exist and have those things that make them feel different to play, even if they're both essentially Halo. Even 3 is still easy enough to get a game on, because some people prefer that.

It's sometimes easy to forget that you can still play your favourite one. Heck, you can even still play 2 on PC if you want, though the people that still play that are quite good.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• AgentDaleCooper 14 Apr 2014 12:25:38 648 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't own an Xbox 360 anymore. I've moved on from Halo, because of Halo 4.
  • CharlieStCloud 14 Apr 2014 12:40:02 5,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AgentDaleCooper

Likewise.

... as much as I enjoyed the honeymoon period with Halo 4, I soon tire of the Call of Duty-esque set-up of the multi-player and going through campaign for the second time on Co-Op was wearisome and not all that much fun to be honest.

I did enjoy Spartan Ops, but the long gap between 'season one' and two was a gulf and thus the player count was at an all time low for the Halo series; people had already moved on to their next multi-player fix unfortunately.

I thoroughly hope Halo 2 Anniversary retains the pure essence of its multi-player that kept me and thousands of other Xbox (the original one in case anybody is confused) players amused for a very long time.

Be interesting to see how 343i approaches the multi-player side of things for Halo 5.
  • Matt36 14 Apr 2014 18:36:25 1,392 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Been looking at game I've wanted, missed out on and not finished and want them in time for my week off at the end of April (payday). I rushed HALO 4 story and barely touched the MP.
  • Nades 19 Apr 2014 23:57:04 1,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DFawkes I still play Halo 3 regularly. It's far from what it used to be, can only get games in a small amount of playlists, ranked playlists full of host booters, and most annoyingly they don't bother to stat track it anymore which is one of the best/most important thing in Halo games.

I really wish Halo 5 will be like the Halo of old, much better for me, plus if they want the population back they need to bring classic Halo back.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Baihu1983 31 May 2014 20:22:17 3,516 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Forward unto Dawn is free on Xbox Movie this weekend.
  • Nades 30 Aug 2014 13:57:14 1,394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Squad DLC is up.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RedSparrows 30 Aug 2014 14:22:55 23,307 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wassat?
  • Ror1984 30 Aug 2014 14:27:20 3,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ^ Wot 'e sed.

• anephric 30 Aug 2014 14:36:09 236 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a DLC only playlist. Fuck all population on it tho (sub 200).
  • Ror1984 30 Aug 2014 14:38:54 3,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Might check that out in a bit then, get some use out of those maps.

If I can get a game, that is.

• RedSparrows 30 Aug 2014 14:40:27 23,307 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahhhh, the playlist I've wanted ever since Halo 3.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last

Next