Halo 4 Page 170

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Nades 17 Aug 2013 23:23:59 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It takes skill to get the power weapons in previous Halo's because it's in a balanced place on the map, and the BETTER/more skilled players will get them. You're complaining about the better and more skilled players getting what they earned (with skill).

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• RedSparrows 17 Aug 2013 23:54:20 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And any good team will counter power weapons, and also know their spawns.

It's all very well saying noobs suffer: of course, at first. But you're missing a trick if you think map control didn't enhance battles between people who had that - hardly tricky to acquire - knowledge.
  • Nades 18 Aug 2013 17:18:11 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Exactly.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• altitude2k 18 Aug 2013 17:26:23 4,272 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "Any good team" is tough to find when you're not able to commit to any sort of regular schedule of play.
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 17:40:09
    Especially in halo where most of the population lone wolf. At least bf3 rewards you for teamwork and due to that most people work for the team.
  • Nades 18 Aug 2013 17:43:31 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you played ranked of Halo 3, you'd be on level playing fields. You guys are moaning that a game takes skill, why?

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RedSparrows 18 Aug 2013 18:01:18 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'Any good team' isn't 'plays together for 10 hours a day'.

It's as simple as 'a team of randomers thrown together who have played a map at least 5 times each.'

Teams like that vs prepared teams are going to get mashed, yes. But that's gaming. Teams like that vs each other, or prepared teams vs prepared teams have better matches when the playing field isn't randomised.
  • altitude2k 18 Aug 2013 18:03:07 4,272 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm arguing that for the irregular player it's tough to operate as a team. Sure, it happens, and is great, but it's far from the norm.

Team play and control of areas of the map is all nice in theory, and works well when you can commit to playing with the same people regularly, but during matchmaking it doesn't really happen.
  • RedSparrows 18 Aug 2013 18:03:23 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Especially in halo where most of the population lone wolf. At least bf3 rewards you for teamwork and due to that most people work for the team.
    BF3 rewards players for what they should be doing anyway. Halo might not so much, but it means it's infinitely more rewarding when you DO do it anyway. Some players are idiots, others aren't. Why cater to the former?

XP needs to fuck off out of shooters. Since when did +100xp make a frag + headshot double kill more rewarding? The reward is the game, not the post-game XP bar going up.
  • RedSparrows 18 Aug 2013 18:04:36 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    I'm arguing that for the irregular player it's tough to operate as a team. Sure, it happens, and is great, but it's far from the norm.

Team play and control of areas of the map is all nice in theory, and works well when you can commit to playing with the same people regularly, but during matchmaking it doesn't really happen.
    But it's not hard. It's not, at the most basic level. You know where rockets spawn - go get them/guard them/warn the team. That's it. Nothing else is needed.

You can make it more complex, but the 'irregular player' can still do this.
  • Nades 18 Aug 2013 18:12:25 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you're that bothered about the good players getting what they deserve and have earned, go into Forge see where all the power weapons spawn....it's soo unbelievably simple. If you play the game you'll learn them after like 2 or 3 times of playing the map, this isn't a big deal at all.

Having balanced spawns makes it more competitive and adds more team work, not to mention you got to know the timers, like how long it takes for a weapon to respawn.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• altitude2k 18 Aug 2013 18:22:06 4,272 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you know where they spawn, and what weapons they're likely to be, how is that much different to fixed weapon spawns?
  • RedSparrows 18 Aug 2013 18:24:14 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Que?
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 18:26:25
    I don't agree with rewarding the good players. What ruined cod mp, before mw cod on pc was amazing.

Oh well done you're winning, hear have a rpg, have a helicopter, have an airdtrike.
    Have a spartan laser, have a damage boost, have a rocket launcher.

It is great for game balance...not. :)
  • Nades 18 Aug 2013 19:13:15 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CoD rewards to players like Halo 4 does with streaks, that's completely different with classic Halo, weapons on map, so everyone has equal advantage.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RedSparrows 18 Aug 2013 19:29:01 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    I don't agree with rewarding the good players. What ruined cod mp, before mw cod on pc was amazing.

Oh well done you're winning, hear have a rpg, have a helicopter, have an airdtrike.
    Have a spartan laser, have a damage boost, have a rocket launcher.

It is great for game balance...not. :)
    I quite agree with you - rewarding good players with more weaponry is wrong. Infinity on Halo 4 has that, and it's wrong.

But to say that a weapon, spawned on a map in a place everyone with more than 5 matches on that map should know, is rewarding, in the same way as killstreaks do, a player for getting it is simply facile - it's not the same thing.

Face it: there's always going to be imbalance of skill, or setup, or team. Which would you prefer? Somebody beat you through luck? Through the right choice on a menu outside the game? Or because they beat you to something, from an equal starting point, and got rewarded for doing that? All it takes is one ally looking out for you to help, to send one extra shot at the enemy approaching the weapon you want.

Ironically, fixed spawns aid team cohesion, even amongst strangers. Everyone KNOWS what the score is, and plays accordingly. You KNOW rockets spawn bottom mid on Narrows, and you see two team mates going to get. You KNOW the enemy will be doing the same, so you can plan to head off. Between spawns, the game is more fluid. Random weapon spawns, let alone Infinity, only encourages solo play.

It's not impossible to stop power weapons, either.

Edited by RedSparrows at 19:30:51 18-08-2013

Edited by RedSparrows at 19:31:36 18-08-2013
  • Nades 18 Aug 2013 19:44:10 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes ^

Liverpool FC
    _______

• thefilthandthefury 18 Aug 2013 20:06:36 25,018 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I must say that I have never learnt where weapons are in any game in history. It probably comes from my 'real life', where I have absolutely zero directional sense. If I leave a shop it takes me a few seconds to get my bearings and know where I am!

If I find a weapon in a game, it's complete luck 90% of the time.
  • oceanmotion 18 Aug 2013 20:20:56 15,938 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I seemed to lose the whereabouts of weapons in Reach, that could just be the horrible maps, not playing as much. Halo 4, pretty much no idea.
  • Nades 18 Aug 2013 20:23:16 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm sure if you played enough, you'd know mate.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RedSparrows 20 Aug 2013 17:21:06 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Champion's Pack is out. I bought the new mode and 2 maps for 480 MSP.

Vertigo is small, multi-level, and quite pretty. Seems alright.
    Pitfall is the Pit, with some tiny tweaks. Is so good to have it back.

Just played a load of games with chums - serious and silly. For all its faults, Halo 4 is still a bloody good game, and I had some fantastic 'proper' moments - uber frag/shots, etc, and some great muckabout stuff too.
  • Ultrasoundwave 20 Aug 2013 17:26:29 3,300 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Popped this in the 360 for the first time in ages - fuck me, theres a shit load of Spartan Ops now!.

The MP is still awesome too : really fast paced and just pure fun, especially on the bigger maps where the vehicles get involved.

Awesome game.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• killersrquiet 20 Aug 2013 20:20:42 2,000 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Just wait until you've played ragnarok, exile or settler for the one millionth time:-)

It is good fun on the btb maps
  • ecureuil 20 Aug 2013 20:47:01 76,807 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So why is it in matchmaking Spartan Ops you can only choose from five levels?
  • Nades 20 Aug 2013 21:59:44 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What's the new bundle like? I'll get it tomorrow.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• oceanmotion 20 Aug 2013 22:07:23 15,938 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    So why is it in matchmaking Spartan Ops you can only choose from five levels?
    They run it as a season from beginning to end, I remember them repeating it before and sometimes have compilations.

Not sure what they are doing right now though like repeating full seasons or whatever.

It's all the same shite anyway. Second part of Spartan Ops has new levels but really rinse and repeat once you've done a few of them anyway. Just watch the CGI.
  • RedSparrows 20 Aug 2013 23:30:46 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    What's the new bundle like? I'll get it tomorrow.
    800MSP for 2 maps, 1 mode, and a bundle of armour and stances etc
    OR
    480MP for the maps, mode and some armour.

The Pit is back, woo! Ricochet is quite fun also, but nothing earth shattering.
  • Nades 21 Aug 2013 15:47:33 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I got the bundle, had like 5 games then had to give up, after 3 red bar games in a row, for God sake! From what I played it seems The Pit plays terrible on Halo 4 :/

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RedSparrows 21 Aug 2013 15:58:30 22,655 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It plays fine. It's not Halo 3, because it's not Halo 3. I had a lot of fun on it.

Towers are still for sniping, still duels along the middle corridors, still rushes in the low tunnel where OS used to be, still barrel kills to be had, etc.

Edited by RedSparrows at 15:59:09 21-08-2013
  • Nades 21 Aug 2013 16:02:59 1,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think I just need to play it when its not a horrible host. I'll get on it again tonight when I'm home from work. Haven't even played the other map yet.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Page

of 173 First / Last