Halo 4 Page 165

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• MatMan562 6 Jul 2013 20:53:02 2,309 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    343 just announced a new pack, Cahmpions Pack I believe. It contains two maps, Pitfall, a remake of The Pit from Halo 3, and Vertigo (?) an all new one, two week exclusive access to a new game mode, Ricochet which is like Grifball mixed with Slayer and you can throw the ball in the goal to score (it actually looks really good fun) and some new armour sets, weapon skins and stances. It's 800MSP for all of it or you can buy it all seperately for varying prices.

I would normally have preferred an extra map to the other stuff but the skins do look really cool, you can make yourself look like an ODST!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• RedSparrows 6 Jul 2013 23:27:14 22,001 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pit remake woo!
  • Nades 7 Jul 2013 02:16:04 1,032 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh yes The Pit. Would of been amazing if they put out some more H3 remakes.

Liverpool FC

• killersrquiet 8 Jul 2013 10:17:43 1,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Looks great of course, however the maps may end up disappearing like most other dlc. Puts me off getting it but i'll stomach it and buy the pack for the richochet mode alone
  • muttler 8 Jul 2013 12:16:36 3,937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New Champions bundle includes new armor and weapon skins, and all sorts!

• muttler 12 Jul 2013 07:05:31 3,937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some of the new armour mods sound fun, Survivor perk gives you an ejector seat if the vehicle you're in blows up.
  • StrikeForce 12 Jul 2013 14:43:10 69 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't be bothered to trawl through the thread so could someone help me out with some map pack questions:

Anyone recommend any of the Halo 4 map packs in particular? I've been playing on and off for a while but I'm bored of the same old maps. I usually play slayer and big team slayer variations.

Do the DLC maps appear in the normal map rotations or do they have their own playlist? If so, are there many players on these playlists?

Cheers.
  • Deleted user 12 July 2013 14:45:27
    Halo games work like this...

You buy a map pack and discover you can never play it. Unless private match with friends.
  • muttler 12 Jul 2013 18:11:50 3,937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you play a lot of Halo 4 and plan to continue playing, then it's worth buying the War Games pass that gives you all three map packs.  The dlc maps don't come up hardly at all in Big Team unfortunately, but they do come up in 4v4 Slayer and other playlists, plus there is a new playlist coming soon of Legendary Slayer, which is 4v4 on various maps including dlc maps across (I think) all three packs.  Halo 4 is also going to carry on receiving lots of support from 343i for at least another year, even well after the Xbox One is released.

Or, if you really only want one pack, then they are soon going to change over the dedicated dlc playlist from Crimson to Majestic (or Majestic to Crimson I forget which, whichever one is on the playlist now is going to be swapped out for the other).

343i also stated in their latest blog on waypoint, that they are looking at possible solutions to allow people to play the dlc maps.

On the other hand, the new Champion Pack is out soon, which will include 2 or 3 new maps that will probably get their own playlist for a month or two.  The pack will be 800 points, or you can get just the maps separately from all the other fluff that comes with it for (I think) 480 msp.
  • RedSparrows 18 Jul 2013 10:06:53 22,001 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really should play some more Halo. I haven't for a while now - ever since my PC started firing on all cylinders I've been less inclined to.
  • muttler 18 Jul 2013 17:29:38 3,937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Everyone sign up for the Global Challenge (on now).  All you've got to do is finish 20 matchmaking games in the challenge playlist this week to qualify.
  • griff_dai 28 Jul 2013 18:45:40 410 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got Halo 4 last year, started playing something else, gave my copy to my nephew and got it back a week or so ago. Blasting through the SP (it's good but not epic) and thought i'd have a go at the MP and have to say i'm enjoying it.

So, question is, what DLC do I need so that i'm on par with everyone else as I can see me playing this to GTA5 is out

Cheers
  • Bawsy74 29 Jul 2013 13:00:37 170 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Halo 4 MP. I have a weird relationship with this.

I'll forget about it for months, try it again, have superb fun on Big Team Battle (it's never frustrating - even when things dont go your way - and provides many genuine laughs, unlike COD), play it non-stop for a week, then...just forget about it again for another few months.

Nobody needed to know this, so apologies.
  • monty2k 29 Jul 2013 15:57:50 241 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    Halo 4 MP. I have a weird relationship with this.

I'll forget about it for months, try it again, have superb fun on Big Team Battle (it's never frustrating - even when things dont go your way - and provides many genuine laughs, unlike COD), play it non-stop for a week, then...just forget about it again for another few months.

Nobody needed to know this, so apologies.
    No worries. I have the exact same thing with Reach and 4's multiplayer. I play it almost excessively for a week or two, have a whale of a time and then forget about it for months.
  • altitude2k 31 Jul 2013 19:20:43 3,744 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep, me too. Might give it a spin now, actually.

So that went really well, I must have been saving up all the awesome or that first match. MVP by a long way.

Would have been perfect had it not been for my three betrayals followed by a swift boot...

Edited by altitude2k at 20:29:21 31-07-2013
  • Nades 3 Aug 2013 22:59:11 1,032 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    StrikeForce wrote:
    I can't be bothered to trawl through the thread so could someone help me out with some map pack questions:

Anyone recommend any of the Halo 4 map packs in particular? I've been playing on and off for a while but I'm bored of the same old maps. I usually play slayer and big team slayer variations.

Do the DLC maps appear in the normal map rotations or do they have their own playlist? If so, are there many players on these playlists?

Cheers.
    The best thing to do right now is to wait for 343i to (hopefully) make a DLC playlist or 2. I would like them to make a 4v4 and a BTB playlist just for the DLC maps. Anyway, at the moment you will basically never get a DLC map, so don't bother wasting your money, if you're going to play Halo 4 often once 343i sort out this DLC problem, I'd advise getting the map pass.

Liverpool FC

• killersrquiet 4 Aug 2013 11:02:04 1,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    They have the one dlc playlist that seems to rotate between the 3 map packs although its pretty much ignored by players. I had s chance to play the 4v4 maps recently which was very nice considering I wasted money on the season pass.

Going forward I'd like to see 343 implement a proper plalylisy system and stop copying bungies failings
  • anephric 4 Aug 2013 12:04:54 114 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think if 343 were going to do DLC-only playlists outside of rotating Crimson et al they would have done it by now.

Some of those BTB DLC maps, I think I only got to play like once or twice. Complete waste of money, I'll never put on a life jacket again.

I mean buy a season pass.
  • altitude2k 4 Aug 2013 19:34:26 3,744 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not from the map pack, but played my first game on Forge Island on BTB today on standard rotation. Looked a bit like Blood Gultch...don't know the name. I fear Halo 4 really isn't getting the attention it deserves for Forge. The new lighting is brilliant - can't tell it apart from non-Forge maps.
  • Nades 4 Aug 2013 19:40:57 1,032 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is it true that who ever is top of the players list (when you press X in pre-game lobby) that guy has host?

Liverpool FC

• altitude2k 4 Aug 2013 19:45:15 3,744 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Isn't that list in alphabetical order? Host is based on connection.

Edit: apparently not alphabetical, and host is a top of list.

Edited by altitude2k at 19:49:31 04-08-2013
  • Nades 4 Aug 2013 21:40:12 1,032 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh it is?

Liverpool FC

• altitude2k 4 Aug 2013 22:07:14 3,744 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It looks a bit inconclusive if you look it up. Apparently the list is about 90% accurate :confused:
  • RedSparrows 4 Aug 2013 22:23:52 22,001 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really don't get why they can't make a Small/Big DLC list.
  • oceanmotion 4 Aug 2013 22:47:59 15,647 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The reason could be there isn't enough people for matchmaking to work well.

I guess Bungie got away with it because more people played, they made dlc playlists, some dlc went free and they could keep playlists to a minimum, something that 343 don't get even after dictating Reach.

343 need to do what Redsparrows suggested and just hope for the best. Halo 4 is probably too far gone to change it now and see an effect. They might be screwed either way.

For all we know, hardly anyone bought map packs. The community plummeted soon after release so it wouldn't be surprising.
  • Nades 4 Aug 2013 22:50:41 1,032 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the only fair thing to do now, is make the DLC free. It wouldn't bother me...at least I could then play the maps.

Liverpool FC

• imamazed 4 Aug 2013 22:56:46 5,520 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do many people still play halo 3 online? I played a bit of reach here and there but it was only 3 I put serious hours into. Not about to play halo 4 anytime soon, the whole cod style puts me off. 3 was just perfect
  • altitude2k 5 Aug 2013 06:51:27 3,744 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The problem with lumping all the DLC together is that not everyone will have all of it. You're forcing everyone to get it all or lose out on what they've bought. They need to understand that the population isn't as big as CoD and need to work around it with fewer categories.

But yes, after a period of time the DLC needs to be made free to all and added into regular rotation.
  • anephric 5 Aug 2013 10:08:50 114 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shocker, I was in a lobby last night where everyone had the DLC and we got to play some DLC maps (even though some nobs were voting against them).

Literally, the only time in countless days of matchmaking I've seen them come up in regular Team Slayer.
  • Nades 5 Aug 2013 12:02:01 1,032 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @imamazed There are around 2, 000 dailey. On a good day it jumps too around 9,000

Liverpool FC

• Page

of 173 First / Last