Halo 4 Page 164

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• RedSparrows 10 Jun 2013 21:53:18 22,071 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, was fun times, until Longbow died of lag. Weird.
  • muttler 12 Jun 2013 23:15:13 3,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The best thing about the recent update was the weapon balancing. It's so great having a range of weapons both to use and fight against, instead of unilateral DMR usage.  Its also good if you've maxed out the xp on the DMR and BR, because I can get stuck into the Carbine and Assault Rifle.  The SAW is now a proper power weapon, rather than being a slightly stronger AR. 

The map weapon / vehicle placement re-jigs are mostly good as well.  Meltdown is now fun vehicular carnage with 2 Mantises, 2 Gauss Hogs and Banshee.  The chaingun on the Hog/Mantis/Tank needed buffing too.
  • RedSparrows 13 Jun 2013 01:38:52 22,071 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meltdown has what?

That map was already way too busy.
  • killersrquiet 13 Jun 2013 01:46:48 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maps are more chaotic and faster after the update plus seeing people using more weapons is a bonus.

Not played ragnarok since the update hopefully its less of a campy dmr fest
  • muttler 13 Jun 2013 07:11:39 3,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Meltdown has what?

That map was already way too busy.
    I know it sounds daft Red, but it works I reckon. There's plenty of caves and buildings for people on foot and the vehicles don't last long. At least it avoids the map always being a battle to control the middle building, and Halo majority seem to approve, because they don't choose Ragnaok/Exile constantly now.
  • RedSparrows 14 Jun 2013 10:26:50 22,071 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have they at least reduced the stupid amount of Incin. Cannons/Binary Rifles on it?
  • muttler 14 Jun 2013 14:30:39 3,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Have they at least reduced the stupid amount of Incin. Cannons/Binary Rifles on it?
    Um, I think so? I can't remember if MD had loads of incineration cannons and binaries. Theres still snipes and rockets though.
  • muttler 29 Jun 2013 11:44:14 3,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've only recently realised that I've been mixing up Vortex and Meltdown.  My comments above are about Vortex, of course!

I've had good sessions on all the maps in all gametypes now, since the update.  Lots of variety and playability on offer in Halo 4 now, hope more of the old guard give it another chance:-)
  • killersrquiet 29 Jun 2013 16:20:28 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    343 have totally messes up the map rotation since the last TU.

Its not stop custom (crap) maps all the bloody time. Just like reach when we were forced to suffer endless green grass/ grey building maps, 343 believe that I want to play endless beige box maps.

I can understand why they removed the reliance on ragnarok and exile etc however I don't ever get those maps in the selection now. Jumping from one extreme to the other is royally stupid.

I can only pray with halo 5 that 343 grow a brain cell and stop copying every crap decision that bungie made common place on halo
  • CharlieStCloud 29 Jun 2013 16:30:10 5,100 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I stopped playing this not long after the Spartan Ops thingie came to an end.

... I also lost interest when I purchased one of the map packs, which I wholly regret because I believe there is some achievement(s) related to those pulse grenades? In almost every single blooming match, the players were trying to throw a pulse grenade in sheer hope they got what they needed.

Multi-players achievements can disappear for all I care. They have spoiled my fun in Halo 4.
  • JiveHound 29 Jun 2013 17:42:01 2,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    For years players have bemoaned multiplayer achievements yet a team as supposedly talented as 343 are still putting them in.

Do they not play their own game?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• RightBean 29 Jun 2013 18:33:20 636 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • Dave_McCoy 29 Jun 2013 20:13:44 2,771 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think their idea is to encourage you to play the maps and use weapons/vehicles you'd normally not. Problem is, it isn't fun.
  • killersrquiet 29 Jun 2013 21:29:13 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The definition of flawed logic. Instead of fixing the rotation (the actual problem) issues just decide as a company to force the least selected maps so that in a few months we will love to play exile and ragnarok again. Less a fix and more like "don't have any answers sorry"

The same principle applies to the war pass. Pointless since you never get to play the maps you've bought. Imagine the uproar if that happened on cod or battlefield.

In many ways the players cause the problem by repeatedly selecting the same bloody map but other games can figure out how to deal with that.

Edited by killersrquiet at 21:30:47 29-06-2013
  • muttler 30 Jun 2013 09:36:18 3,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    The definition of flawed logic. Instead of fixing the rotation (the actual problem) issues just decide as a company to force the least selected maps so that in a few months we will love to play exile and ragnarok again. Less a fix and more like "don't have any answers sorry"
    The map rotation isn't actually that bad.  For Big Team there are now more maps but also more gametypes (Infinity Slayer, Slayer and Slayer Pro) to choose from.  It would be so much better if they could offer a separate dlc  playlist for Big Team, but it's a much improved situation from a couple of months ago.

There's also tons of other maps and gametypes in the other playlists.
  • Baihu1983 3 Jul 2013 13:02:16 3,312 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Best selling Halo title to date in the US. In fact its the best selling Microsoft Studios Game of All Time in the U.S.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-halo-4-top-seller
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Jul 2013 13:05:45 5,100 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Best selling Halo title to date in the US. In fact its the best selling Microsoft Studios Game of All Time in the U.S.

Blimey.

... makes me feel a bit : ( because Bungie did such a great job with Reach and my personal favourite, ODST.

The original is still the best!
  • mcmonkeyplc 3 Jul 2013 13:10:48 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Halo 3 was the best!

IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• King_Edward 3 Jul 2013 13:12:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I remember Halo 3 having a pretty long tail. I expect it will still have sold more in the long run.
  • thefilthandthefury 3 Jul 2013 13:20:08 24,952 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As much as I love Halo 4, nothing in the series has ever matched up to the third one. As a package what it did, it did perfectly.
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Jul 2013 13:50:03 5,100 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You are either delusional or far too nostalgic if you think that Halo 3 is/was the best!

... worse one behind Halo 2 me thinks, especially with that horrendous level.

The visuals were surprisingly underwhelming (wasn't it something like a 680p resolution?) and the story, or what little I could make of it was pure waffle too.
  • mcmonkeyplc 3 Jul 2013 13:52:40 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You have no soul Charlie.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• thefilthandthefury 3 Jul 2013 13:52:52 24,952 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably delusional :-D

The actual campaign is better in the first one, but I had no complaints with the missions in Halo 3.

As a whole package, Halo 3 is the best for me. The multiplayer was perfected.
  • Baihu1983 3 Jul 2013 13:59:33 3,312 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reach and ODST are the best Bungie have done with story IMO.
  • Deleted user 3 July 2013 14:07:50
    HALO THREE IS THE BEST!!

All of them are great but three was freakin spectacular.

Only one that was slightly pants in some areas was 2 but to be fair they scrapped the game and went in another direction with under a year until release.
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Jul 2013 14:10:01 5,100 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    You have no soul Charlie.
    I am one of the most soulful folks on here!

... it is not to say I disliked Halo 3, just that for the first flagship Halo title on the Xbox 360, it was surprisingly underwhelming. Honestly though, if you guys think it is the 'best one in the series' then that's totally cool. I had my share of fun with it however, ODST and Reach left a much longer lasting impression on me, especially story wise.

Must be said that the advertising for Halo 3 was ridiculously good to the point of raising my expectations into the stratosphere, which is probably another reason why I was slightly underwhelmed by the game in the end.
  • thefilthandthefury 3 Jul 2013 14:12:35 24,952 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    See, I never enjoyed ODST or Reach really. They weren't BAD, they just had no impact on me whatsoever... except for the ending of Reach, that was pretty good. The less said about the MP on that game though, the better.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 14:14:02 03-07-2013
  • oceanmotion 3 Jul 2013 15:19:55 15,665 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:

Your forgetting a key part.

Best selling in launch year

It bloody well should with a bigger install base.

Halo 4 was a disappointment, every step was back except presentation and graphics, even then Bungie still did better in some areas.

It had terrible enemies, AI, story, smaller levels, linear, cartoon level characters, Spartans are nothing more than a marine skin, features that couldn't match previous games, Spartan ops was god awful, weapons were too similar, multiplayer was half baked and a mash of two games, maps were bad.

Player retention is rock bottom in Halo 4 and even was not far from launch unlike other games in the series.

343 made an average game and nicer graphics are not a substitute.

I hope they do better with Halo 5 after gaining some experience.

Edited by oceanmotion at 15:21:18 03-07-2013
  • muttler 3 Jul 2013 17:47:18 3,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's fair to say that Halo 4 should have been released with the current TU set up, but it is what it is and it's much better now.

The new Big Team Skirmish playlist is great, hope it stays.
  • convercide 3 Jul 2013 21:19:41 5,926 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Baihu1983 I completely agree with that. I'd even go as far as to say they're the best 2 in the series full stop.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Page

of 173 First / Last