Halo 4 Page 163

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• evild_edd 12 Apr 2013 09:51:43 3,104 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got Halo 4 for my birthday, and enjoying it. Love the series, and this is reassuringly familiar. Only played the first 2 campaign levels (of 8) so far, but have got sucked into Team Slayer and the punishing period that comes from learning a new set of maps.

Quick Question: is it right that my (new) copy of Halo 4 (standard edition) didn't even contain a game manual?

Another Question: Having played a little MP I've unlocked a drone that apparently can 'protect you' or guard a spot. It seems stuck to the spot whenever I launch it - is there a way to get it to follow me around?

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• RedSparrows 12 Apr 2013 10:01:44 22,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Manual: IIRC, yes. Crap, innit.
    Sentry Turret: Nope, it stays put.
  • binky Moderator 12 Apr 2013 12:33:02 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hear the DLC is on offer today, is that right? Is it worth getting the DLC for? I didn't at the time because the thought of week 2 DLC really bugs me. Don't mind getting it if it's good and at a reduced price though...
  • RedSparrows 12 Apr 2013 12:34:40 22,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Better bloody not be on offer, it only came out on Monday.
  • binky Moderator 12 Apr 2013 12:42:59 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The war games pass is reduced today to 1600.
  • killersrquiet 12 Apr 2013 12:52:01 1,985 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I dont think its worth buying now. The chances of playing the first two packs in matchmaking is extremely low.

All dlc should have a dedicated playlist its crap buying a season pass when I never get on the dlc maps
  • binky Moderator 12 Apr 2013 12:55:30 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @killersrquiet Interesting. Are there playlists that require ALL DLC though?
  • RedSparrows 12 Apr 2013 12:58:39 22,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    The war games pass is reduced today to 1600.
    Aha I see.

Buggeration.

Anyway, you will see the other DLC maps if you play with chums who also have them - but there's no dedicated DLC list, when there really should be.
  • evild_edd 12 Apr 2013 13:32:32 3,104 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Manual: IIRC, yes. Crap, innit.
    Sentry Turret: Nope, it stays put.
    Thank you, good Sir!

Why look, it's a blog:

• killersrquiet 12 Apr 2013 13:37:25 1,985 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @binky

When each map pack was released we had a set playlist for the dlc only. After a while those maps are absorbed into existing playlists.

In matchmaking every single player needs a map from dlc for it to become an.option. this rarely happens.

343 do need a dedicated dlc playlist.... Whether we get one is up for debate. They spend all their energy and time catering to the cry baby fanboys that are never happy despite what is changed in the game
  • binky Moderator 12 Apr 2013 14:39:32 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is why I never bothered with the DLC in the first place. When Halo 3 came out the DLC was quite a long time coming, not 2 weeks after release. I assumed it would split the community so haven't really bothered sticking it in the drive since the first map pack came out.
  • RedSparrows 12 Apr 2013 14:50:41 22,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There wasn't DLC two weeks after release. It was about a month, iirc. it doesn't split the community at all: you don't need the DLC to play any list except the sporadic DLC dedicated list when a new map pack appears.

The problem has gone from split player base to people not being able to play what they paid for.

Edited by RedSparrows at 14:51:31 12-04-2013
  • killersrquiet 12 Apr 2013 14:58:20 1,985 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    There wasn't DLC two weeks after release. It was about a month, iirc. it doesn't split the community at all: you don't need the DLC to play any list except the sporadic DLC dedicated list when a new map pack appears.

The problem has gone from split player base to people not being able to play what they paid for.
    It's the only game I know that removes the ability to play on maps you've paid for.
  • binky Moderator 12 Apr 2013 15:01:21 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:

It felt like 2-3 weeks to me, a month is still not much better imo. Either way the situation you explain there is just as poor. Bad show!

(This of course is a wider gaming criticism not purely aimed at Halols).
  • binky Moderator 15 Apr 2013 08:17:58 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jeez you weren't kidding when you said the maps rarely pop up in the playlist! What a swizz. Had a few games on the Castle DLC playlist, maps seem rather cool but then I thought I'd jump into a regular list and even with switching parties after each map, only the original ones popped up. That's really naff :-/

On the plus side, having not played since December it was nice to have a game of HaloMP again. Really is good, frantic fun.
  • evild_edd 15 Apr 2013 08:41:41 3,104 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been enjoying the MP so far, though struggling at times with tactics given the new maps and weapons, especially when facing more experienced opposition.

Had the occasional moment when things have clicked, including wiping out an entire opposing team with a sentry gun and battle rifle combo :0)

Any recommendations on weapon/armour/ability sets that work particularly well?

Why look, it's a blog:

• killersrquiet 16 Apr 2013 10:27:52 1,985 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    Been enjoying the MP so far, though struggling at times with tactics given the new maps and weapons, especially when facing more experienced opposition.

Had the occasional moment when things have clicked, including wiping out an entire opposing team with a sentry gun and battle rifle combo :0)

Any recommendations on weapon/armour/ability sets that work particularly well?
    If you run with firepower that allows a second primary weapon. My main setup is promethean vision with a dmr and assault rifle.

The covenant rifle is very good to use although at range its weak. I use this with active camo or jetpack
  • RedSparrows 16 Apr 2013 11:30:32 22,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My standard is DMR, Regen, Resupply, Awareness, Frags.
  • Nades 16 Apr 2013 19:49:14 1,265 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just use the DMR, its the easiest weapon to use, with camo and resupply, you cant go wrong.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Matt36 21 Apr 2013 15:52:38 1,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I actually suck beyond belief. I can't complete a single mission on Legendary.
  • TOOTR 31 May 2013 09:25:54 9,554 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    alo 4 developer has been working on a large weapon re-balancing update that will level the playing field. The patch will drop this Monday, June 3 and we’ve got all the changes listed here.

The update is in response to an over-reliance on the DMR, and it impacts many held and vehicle weapons in the game. This is a biggie people.

Here are the patch notes listed by weapon:

Battle Rifle:

The Battle Rifle damage has been increased. The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in four bursts.
    The Battle Rifle rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
    The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
    Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).
    Carbine:

The Carbine damage has been increased. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds.
    The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
    The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.
    LightRifle:

The LightRifle zoomed rate of fire has been increased.
    The LightRifle un-zoomed rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
    The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.
    DMR:

The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.
    Assault Rifle:

The Assault Rifle damage has been slightly increased. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
    The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
    The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
    Storm Rifle:

The Storm Rifle damage has been increased. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
    The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
    The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
    Suppressor:

The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
    The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
    The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
    SAW:

The damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle.
    Magnum:

The damage has been slightly increased. The Magnum is still capable of killing in six rounds.
    Warthog:

The damage has been increased on both the Mantis and Warthog Chain Gun.
    What do you make of the changes above?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• killersrquiet 31 May 2013 11:13:31 1,985 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The vehichles seriously.needed buffed this is the only halo game I've played where players actively avoid them.

Glad to see the weapon balance changes should give more variety from the dmr. I've never thought the assault rifle was underpowered it might be ott come Monday:-)
  • binky Moderator 2 Jun 2013 18:00:56 9,619 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apparently there's also a majestic only map cycle on Monday. Very good news for cheevo hunters.
  • jambii267 5 Jun 2013 17:09:09 1,366 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, the patch make it a lot better or is it still a horrible mess?

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jun 2013 17:55:46 38,103 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It made the other weapons viable, I'll tell you that much.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• killersrquiet 5 Jun 2013 18:44:04 1,985 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's not a dmr fest anymore. I like the changes when I used the carbine before I knew it wasn't a fair fight against the dmr. Now it is

Edited by killersrquiet at 18:44:15 05-06-2013
  • RedSparrows 5 Jun 2013 21:53:20 22,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    So, the patch make it a lot better or is it still a horrible mess?
    You'll still die Jambi, so probably the latter ;)
  • Baihu1983 9 Jun 2013 15:54:38 3,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Didn't really have a problem with it anyways but MP is better since the patch if anything because I'm not getting stuck playing the same levels over and over.
  • matrim83 9 Jun 2013 16:33:39 5,587 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BTB is still utter bullshit. It was the only thing I liked. So the patch didnt do squat.

But then again unless the patch ripped out the "new" ideas 343 had, there isnt much that can be done.

Valar morghulis.

• convercide 10 Jun 2013 21:09:59 6,014 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for the brief games guys. If this is every Monday might have to get involved. Haven't played online shooty multiplayer for aaaaages.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Page

of 173 First / Last