Halo 4 Page 162

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Dave_McCoy 1 Apr 2013 13:25:18 2,776 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm enjoying the MP on this more than Reach. Just had a fair few goes this morning and loved it. It's probably just because I'm a bit better at this one. I'm more of a casual MP player on Halo though so I don't really feel it's massively different to any other Halo MP, bar the perks and AA.
  • Nades 1 Apr 2013 22:11:26 1,279 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @oceanmotion All they need to do is stop copying CoD.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• muttler 3 Apr 2013 21:25:49 4,035 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just took out a ghost and a hog with an ordnance drop!
  • killersrquiet 8 Apr 2013 14:50:31 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Castle map pack available now. Itching to get on tonight these new maps look good
  • DuvaDan88 8 Apr 2013 15:01:18 539 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm just downloading them now, I hope they are good. Had a bit of an issue getting them to download it kept saying can not connect to xbox live and then giving me the option to buy it when I've already got the pass with LE. At least its working now

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• killersrquiet 8 Apr 2013 15:10:16 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You aren't the only one having issues with the download. CSR is apparently up and running in waypoint also
  • Deleted user 8 April 2013 15:14:20
    Liked Halo 1
    Hated Halo 2
    Hated Hal0 3
    Loved Halo ODST
    Loved Halo Reach

Will I like Halo 4, still yet to bite the bullet
  • killersrquiet 8 Apr 2013 15:16:35 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    espibara wrote:
    Liked Halo 1
    Hated Halo 2
    Hated Hal0 3
    Loved Halo ODST
    Loved Halo Reach

Will I like Halo 4, still yet to bite the bullet
    I don't see why not. Like all halo gamed its got a fair few issues and the dmr is always the weapon of choice but I do love playing it more than I ever did for reach.
  • TOOTR 8 Apr 2013 18:29:28 9,566 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    " along with Castle map pack is a huge overhaul of the MM system.

They are implementing per playlist competitive skill ranks (1-50) for every playlist. They've tweaked the existing playlists to accommodate the competitive skill rank and they've implemented 2 new playlists, Multi-team and Rumble Pit :) Combine this with implementation of the best community maps across different playlists and you have a pretty substantially awesome MM update."

True?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Deleted user 8 April 2013 18:50:52
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Castle map pack available now. Itching to get on tonight these new maps look good
    Shame after a couple of months you won't be able to play them..
  • killersrquiet 8 Apr 2013 19:05:12 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Shame after a couple of months you won't be able to play them..
    Sadly that's the truth. The chances of being in a matchmaking group and all the players have the dlc is nigh on impossible. Halo never changes
  • killersrquiet 9 Apr 2013 15:44:37 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CSR thinks im a halo Ninja and keeps matching me up with SR130 players. Needless to say it doesn't end well for me.

Liking the new maps, haven't played perdition yet as it was never picked. Daybreak seems to.be a favorite judging by how many times its picked
  • Nades 9 Apr 2013 20:31:59 1,279 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As a Halo 4 hater and someone who despises Halo 4 and what 343 have done, I still have to admit a couple of the new maps are pretty good, they feel more like Halo maps.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• oceanmotion 9 Apr 2013 20:36:50 15,951 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why did you buy the maps or did you get sucked into the season pass?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Apr 2013 20:39:40 38,216 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just played Perdition for the first time. I love the monorail going round and round!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• monty2k 10 Apr 2013 12:53:45 243 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Just played Perdition for the first time. I love the monorail going round and round!
    Me too! It reminds me a lot of rat race (halo 3) and transit (halo 2). Ah, the good ol' days of Halo 2. I remember luring a wraith onto the monorail tracks on transit. The "unique" Halo physics put the wraith into orbit when the train hit it!
  • killersrquiet 10 Apr 2013 12:59:31 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I like driving the warthog off ramps. They need to get rid of that bell on perdition its bloody annoying
  • monty2k 10 Apr 2013 13:00:03 243 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm really liking the new maps. Daybreak is probably gonna be a new favourite of mine.

I'm also loving the Halo 2 style voting system where you choose the gametype not the actual map. Has this voting system been carried into the other playlists or just the castle DLC? I'm afraid I'm rather pressed for gaming time at the moment and I didn't have time to check this out.

Also, 343, please add an all DLC playlist in a month or two. I'd like to play majestic and crimson maps in the future too!
  • muttler 10 Apr 2013 13:21:03 4,035 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    +1 to the Castle map appreciation, best Halo 4 map pack imo. Perdition and Daybreak are my favs, but Outcast is pretty awesome too.

The playlist revamp actually seems to have done some good as well. Last night Settler came up in the Big Team Infinity Slayer playlist, and even more surprising was it got chosen, despite one of the other choices being Exile.

Settler is a great map for big team. Another change is Team Objective is now 6v6, which is great. I didnt see any visible indications of the new CSR (Combat Skill Rank), isn't this supposed to be displayed on your profile and stats somewhere?
  • RedSparrows 10 Apr 2013 13:30:05 22,722 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Halo 2 had a voting system?!
  • killersrquiet 10 Apr 2013 14:28:10 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    muttler wrote:

The playlist revamp actually seems to have done some good as well. Last night Settler came up in the Big Team Infinity Slayer playlist, and even more surprising was it got chosen, despite one of the other choices being Exile.
    A momentous moment in halo 4 when ragnarok and exile lose on a vote. I can count on one hand how many times that's happened for me since the game launched.
  • killersrquiet 10 Apr 2013 14:29:26 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is anyone else getting matched with SR130 players consistently or is it just me? CSR thinks I'm better than I actually am

Edited by killersrquiet at 14:29:57 10-04-2013
  • RedSparrows 10 Apr 2013 14:38:38 22,722 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SR130 players aren't necessarily level 50 in skill, though. Maybe you're getting peculiarly similar random matchings.
  • Pumpatron 10 Apr 2013 19:21:01 374 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been matched with SR130 players that are a bit shit, as Sparrows says, you can't tell someones skill from that.

The game does seem a bit up and down in terms of how good it thinks I am. Early on I was getting matched with rubbish people, then people way better than me, and recently people worse than me again.

Maybe the skill rank will even things out, but hopefully I'll still be matched with people a bit worse than me :-)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Apr 2013 19:29:08 38,216 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All rank is is an indication of how much time you've put into a game. SR ranks are no different.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• ecureuil 10 Apr 2013 20:45:10 76,813 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I started playing this recently, with a friend. We always go through the Halo games in two player splitscreen co-op. Anyway.. this one looks like a PS2 game in co-op, it's amazingly rough and they clearly had to reduce the visuals tons out to get it running well. It looks so bad it actually makes me laugh out loud at times. :D And yes I have tried the single player too, which does look rather lovely.
  • muttler 10 Apr 2013 20:52:25 4,035 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CSR is weird. It doesn't show anywhere in game, only on the Waypoint. Also, it seems like there are separate CSR ranks for different playlists- I've got different ranks on different playlists.

Also, I think they've added Settler to the normal Slayer playlist- it's coming up all the time.
  • killersrquiet 10 Apr 2013 21:21:51 2,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    CSR is weird. It doesn't show anywhere in game, only on the Waypoint. Also, it seems like there are separate CSR ranks for different playlists- I've got different ranks on different playlists.

Also, I think they've added Settler to the normal Slayer playlist- it's coming up all the time.
    Yes you can have a csr rank for all the individual playlists. I would prefer an overall ranking.

Maybe its just my time to get slaughtered online. Shut happens
  • darrenb 10 Apr 2013 23:03:05 678 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Played this today for the first time today.. Not enjoying it at all.. Just can't get excited by it, might try again at the weekend.

Got it with the 360 and a few other gamed, the new gears one, defiance and mass effect trilogy.

Not sure any of them are my kind of thing.. I am enjoying happy wars from the market though :-)
  • Nades 11 Apr 2013 22:08:55 1,279 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Why did you buy the maps or did you get sucked into the season pass?
    I got the LE of Halo 4, so I had the map pass.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Page

of 173 First / Last