Halo 4 Page 17

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• WinterSnowblind 7 Mar 2012 10:51:51 1,224 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm pretty excited about this one being more story driven. The Halo universe has some pretty great lore, and the books explained much of the backstory in great detail.. so it was always quite puzzling why the games had so little of it.

I don't want to see constant cut-scenes, but something a bit more well written and compelling would be great.

I still think it's too soon for more Halo though. Should have waited and launched this with the next Xbox, I think there would have been a lot more excitement for it that way.
  • thelion71 7 Mar 2012 11:00:22 51 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DFawkes

:o

Never completed it on Legendary or bothered much with it once wars, reach and ODST came out!
    Thanks for the link man, I guess I will have to start paying attention more in the future and see if I can find a cure for my ADHD :)

I love your balls, I like balls!

• Deleted user 7 March 2012 11:06:54
    I'm concerned about this apparent need to tell MC's story. I like my Chief enigmatic. As long as the gameplay is the most important component they can do what they want I guess.
  • thelion71 7 Mar 2012 11:31:43 51 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a good point to make that a lot gaming has moved from purely game play experience to story driven.

Didn't Peter M of lion studios say a few years ago that's what was driving the cost of gaming up?

• Gambit1977 7 Mar 2012 11:47:14 9,583 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelion71 wrote:
    It's a good point to make that a lot gaming has moved from purely game play experience to story driven.

Didn't Peter M of lion studios say a few years ago that's what was driving the cost of gaming up?
    I think what Peter M said was
    'Kinect is the future, and will drive the cost of games up but the quality from Microsoft's own studios will be apparent. Games like Fable will not be available anywhere else as Microsoft have Kinect, and Core gamers won't like anything that isn't from Microsoft. Microsofts game studios will support Kinect as it will drive sales of story driven games not available on any other console..etc etc.'
  • thelion71 7 Mar 2012 11:51:25 51 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are you PM?

It is you isn't it?
    Look man, I'm sorry about the other night. I just got scared with all the fuzz around!
    See you tonight, I will bring the tub of margarine.

I was referring to an article I read a few years back.

• oceanmotion 7 Mar 2012 12:11:16 15,642 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think this might be on the annoying unskippable Crysis 2 level of first person immersion along with more QTE. The view from inside the helmet, oh look his hands, lets QTE this door, coooool. Watch you don't fall down that shaft, queue dramatic uncontrollable camera angle and the QTE to save yourself. Really hope not but that's what I got from the recent video.

Their storytelling can't be any worse than Bungie. I don't mind as long as it's good.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2012 19:01:40
    Thinking it may be worth reinvesting in ODST to get used to the Halo 3 style MP again.
  • thenastypasty 7 Mar 2012 19:46:45 5,180 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope we get more maps in the mould of Standoff, Valhalla and The Pit. They beat anything Reach has to offer IMO.
  • oceanmotion 7 Mar 2012 20:04:36 15,642 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Reach doesn't take much beating in the Map department.

I played Halo 3 not too long ago. Playlists are somewhat dead except a few and players are quite low depending when you play and they tend to only play a few maps which I got sick of. Suppose there might be more interest now.
  • jambii267 7 Mar 2012 20:51:33 1,359 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    I hope we get more maps in the mould of Standoff, Valhalla and The Pit. They beat anything Reach has to offer IMO.
    DLC Says Hi!

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• ecureuil 7 Mar 2012 20:54:19 76,483 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Thinking it may be worth reinvesting in ODST to get used to the Halo 3 style MP again.
    Well ODST is ace, so yeah.
  • RedSparrows 7 Mar 2012 22:10:36 21,988 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd be up for some H3 action, alongside Reach. Some of the maps on 3 were tip-top.

Reach's DLC was brilliant, and some of the on disc maps were great too (I don't care what you say, I love Powerhouse, Sword Base, Boardwalk, Boneyard - the latter being a bit rubbish, but I care not, etc), but 3 probably had a better on-disc contingent overall. Other than Epitaph (non-multi team), Isolation, Snowbound and Sandtrap, which was crap.
  • Yossarian 8 Mar 2012 05:56:24 8,401 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @jambii267 For me, there really are no maps in Reach, DLC or otherwise, as good as Standoff, Valhalla, and The Pit. Or Citadel or Heretic for that matter.

Tempest and Ridgeline are about as good as things get.
  • RedSparrows 8 Mar 2012 12:01:10 21,988 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    343 Bulletin

Bloom's gone, but weapons will feature certain aim-affecting attributes, that vary weapon by weapon, it seems.

The more I hear, the more I imagine a choice of BR/DMR/Pistol start will come to pass.

Also, a mega vehicle is apparently in order - or at least, one that will 'dwarf' the Cyclops Mech seen in the video, on Warhouse.

I do have a soft spot for the Elephant. It was so absurd...

Edited by RedSparrows at 12:04:00 08-03-2012
  • jambii267 8 Mar 2012 15:04:20 1,359 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Press X to flip... wait how did you do that?

Yossarian wrote:
    @jambii267 For me, there really are no maps in Reach, DLC or otherwise, as good as Standoff, Valhalla, and The Pit. Or Citadel or Heretic for that matter.

Tempest and Ridgeline are about as good as things get.
    I don't really know any of the H2/H3 maps to compare, but for me Swordbase, Countdown, Boardwalk, Powerhouse, Tempest, Breakpoint, Anchor 9, Highlands and Condemned for me are great maps. Hell even some of the forge BTB variants are brilliant although i can't remember their names.

I'm gonna miss those maps!

Edited by jambii267 at 15:12:14 08-03-2012

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• matrim83 8 Mar 2012 15:55:29 5,587 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Forge (even with its dull single color mapmaking) saved Reach MP from being an absolute disaster. ]

I like the DLC maps though (from what little I got to play on them). None are classics but they are miles ahead of what the game shipped with.

Valar morghulis.

• cianchristopher 8 Mar 2012 16:55:04 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm very interested to see how the Precursors gave way to the Forerunners.

I reckon it'll be really, really interesting.
  • RedSparrows 8 Mar 2012 17:03:01 21,988 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Pit must return. Sublime map.
  • SolidSCB 8 Mar 2012 17:13:19 6,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Pit was indeed a great map. Then again, the only map I didn't really enjoy from Halo 3 was Epitaph.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2012 17:15:27
    The Pit is one of Halo's all time greatest...

As for Forge, well I just want rid of the horrible colour scheme. A fully fledged editor might be the next big surprise. Unlike Farcry, Halo has the community to make it a worthwhile investment, and then some.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 17:16:21 08-03-2012
  • SolidSCB 8 Mar 2012 17:22:59 6,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What they really need to do is make the Campaign maps forge-able so people can make their own custom objectives and missions.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2012 18:36:36
    @RedSparrows

Elephant tipping was one of my favourite pastimes.

I will get ODST again but I'm not going to abandon Reach. I do miss the Brute chopper.

When are you back online then?
  • RedSparrows 8 Mar 2012 21:14:14 21,988 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sometime in the next... 3 weeks? :(
  • ecureuil 8 Mar 2012 21:29:11 76,483 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So how was Anniversary? A worthy HD update?
  • Deleted user 8 March 2012 21:35:30
    It exposed Halo CE as the repetitive level grind it is (by today's standards). The rose-tinted glasses were off, and its considerable flaws were laid bare. Halo 3 and Halo Reach are in another league.

Still, it played as good as ever. Its mechanics were still rock-solid.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 21:36:07 08-03-2012
  • oceanmotion 8 Mar 2012 21:46:54 15,642 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, it's really good except some odd art changes like Elites and doors. Overall, they did a great job. Impressive how well Halo CE stands up today but the same environments over and over is a lot worse, for me at least than it ever was, I was actually surprised it was that bad.

They did spruce up the Library with different lighting and things for each level so that isn't so bad now and I never really hated it that much to begin with. Switching on the fly between both modes is awesome.

If you were unaware, Bungie screwed the PAL version of Halo CE back in the day so it was never smooth in PAL60 mode no matter what was happening and not so bad in PAL50. So it's nice to play a smooth version though there is a framerate hiccup here and there in certain places and not others which was strange because it's not solely intense or grand moments. I noticed it vanishes after an early level, never to happen again.

Anyway, good fun and an almost perfect HD update. Rose tinted glasses for the repeating hallways though.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2012 22:23:03
    @RedSparrows

Okay, Reach and Gears sesh to celebrate then?
  • SomaticSense 9 Mar 2012 01:34:30 7,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    I think this might be on the annoying unskippable Crysis 2 level of first person immersion along with more QTE. The view from inside the helmet, oh look his hands, lets QTE this door, coooool. Watch you don't fall down that shaft, queue dramatic uncontrollable camera angle and the QTE to save yourself. Really hope not but that's what I got from the recent video.

Their storytelling can't be any worse than Bungie. I don't mind as long as it's good.
    I'm sorry, but I think that sounds awesome.

I loved Crysis 2, and I think that the old Halo gunplay but with more first-person immersion, and environment traversion that actually feels like you are a super-soldier in a high-tech suit of armour is just what the franchise needs. Both the Crysis games made you feel more like a Spartan than the previous Halo games did.

No QTE's granted (I don't remember any QTE's in Crysis 2 actually to be honest), but other than that that actually sounds amazing.
  • morriss 11 Mar 2012 12:15:06 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/11/here-comes-the-new-boss-fears-for-halos-narrative-driven-future/

I wrote it! It's shit! Read it anyway! It's about Halo 4!
  • Page

of 173 First / Last