Halo 4 Page 159

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• RedSparrows 17 Feb 2013 17:10:38 22,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Range reduction is a good thing, although I didn't rage about the Boltshot before.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2013 17:30:33
    Boltshot has never angered me as there's always something you can do against them yet I have often been surprised by their lethality at range.

I find getting the charge right its biggest challenge hence I wasn't too bothered but there are some pretty skilful boltshotters out there. Admittedly they'd probably beat me regardless.

Edit: Proofread innit.

Dexterity probably mitigates the charge a little.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 17:32:14 17-02-2013
  • killersrquiet 17 Feb 2013 17:34:22 1,844 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Boltshot has never angered me as there's always something you can do against them yet I have often been surprised by their lethality at range.

I find getting the charge right its biggest challenge hence I wasn't too bothered but there are some pretty skilful boltshotters out there. Admittedly they'd probably beat me regardless.

Edit: Proofread innit.

Dexterity probably mitigates the charge a little.
    Remember what noob killed you then pay them back with an assassination later. :-)

Edited by killersrquiet at 18:12:05 17-02-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Feb 2013 22:08:42 37,344 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE FILE SHARE IS UP AND WORKING!

Shame about the crippling lag tonight.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• killersrquiet 19 Feb 2013 11:34:19 1,844 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE FILE SHARE IS UP AND WORKING!

Shame about the crippling lag tonight.
    About bloody time:-) almost forgot file share existed.

Majestic map pack is out 25th Feb. Details on 343 forum. YouTube has some vids of the 3 maps also.

More halo fun

Edited by killersrquiet at 11:34:34 19-02-2013
  • altitude2k 19 Feb 2013 16:40:36 3,764 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, the conclusion to SpOps properly sets up the sequel.
  • Pumpatron 20 Feb 2013 00:06:22 374 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This weeks SpOps was great. Mission 3 being the highlight for me, speeding around like a mental in the warthog was great fun. Was a nice sized environment to.

The last mission was a bit flat though. Was also lacking in ammo and weapons to. Apart from that, pretty good.
  • matrim83 20 Feb 2013 04:14:17 5,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really like the Throwdown playlist. This is what Halo 4 should have been like.

Valar morghulis.

• RelaxedMikki 21 Feb 2013 22:24:24 927 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Halo 4 is great.

Here are three things that someone might say about Halo 4:

1. They might say that they play Spartan Ops and Halo split-screen on line with their 6 year old son. They might say, "Sorry - I know it's rated 16. But I honestly feel that I need to protect him from Sun 'newspaper' headlines more than I do from this game. I'm sorry, but if you think that someone has to be old enough to join the army before they can play red versus blue bang-bang games then I disagree with you. Halo is pow-pow kids playground stuff. And it's ace. I'm a total pacifist - but I understand that my son realises that Halo is just a game. Seriously, round here a child only has to play outside for half an hour to see a tweleve year old violently reduce an eight year old to tears: but I'm not going to stop him playing out. There's no way I would let him play COD - but Halo is just interactive Star Wars."

2. "When is the Majestic map pack out?"

3. "Is it still worth picking up Halo:Aniversary? Is the online only populated by obsessive ninjas or is it worth it for some new map Halo fun? I think there are even some new Firefight maps included? That would be great."
  • killersrquiet 21 Feb 2013 23:15:26 1,844 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    1. Halo is more cartoonish in nature relating to violence but each to their own.

2. Majestic map pack releases this Monday

3. Haven't played anniversary in a while. I can imagine you'll still be able to find a game easily enough
  • RelaxedMikki 21 Feb 2013 23:35:24 927 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @killersrquiet

Thsnks for the reply.

I think I will pick up the Majestic pack on Monday.
  • monty2k 22 Feb 2013 12:35:58 241 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki

3) The anniversary playlist seems to have at least a few hundred people on it depending on the time of day so you shouldn't have a problem finding a game. Also the ninjas seem to have moved on to Halo 4 :p

On a random note, I really like your post. I'm reading through the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy trilogy of five at the moment and "Here are three things someone might say about Halo 4" just strikes me as a forum post that Douglas Adams might have written. A bit random but there you go!
  • MatMan562 22 Feb 2013 12:43:09 2,310 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So the achievements for the next map pack have been released. As I've previously said, multiplayer achievements are stupid, but for the most part these ones aren't too bad. Except for one. That one being for getting a double kill or higher with a pulse grenade. Has anyone ever got a kill or been killed with a pulse grenade before? I think the only time I have been killed by one was on Spartan Ops when my shield was already down.

Still, at least this one requires skill/ luck and not choosing the same map each time and being a dick to teammates.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• monty2k 22 Feb 2013 12:54:46 241 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MatMan562

You're right. That'll be an almost impossible achievement. Those pulse grenades are good for flushing people out of the hill on King-of-the-hill or capture points in Dominion and not much else. I think I've gotten one or two kills using them like that but I've never seen a double kill with them.

Edited by monty2k at 12:55:55 22-02-2013
  • RedSparrows 22 Feb 2013 12:55:59 22,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shoot people up, then throw them - opposite to normal nades. They're still not very good, mind.
  • altitude2k 23 Feb 2013 08:00:29 3,764 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    monty2k wrote:
    @MatMan562

You're right. That'll be an almost impossible achievement. Those pulse grenades are good for flushing people out of the hill on King-of-the-hill or capture points in Dominion and not much else. I think I've gotten one or two kills using them like that but I've never seen a double kill with them.
    Based on the last map pack's achievements I'm sure that you can probably unlock this by driving your Warthog off a cliff while dancing around in front of your Kinect in your pants. Or something equally as unrelated as the actual description...

Looking at my Waypoint Infinity stats it would appear I've got 2 kills using them. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they weren't in the same match, though.

Edited by altitude2k at 08:04:32 23-02-2013
  • monty2k 25 Feb 2013 13:01:44 241 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new map pack is out. All 438 Mbs of it! I'm downloading it now and looking forward to all the pulse grenade spam!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Feb 2013 13:44:43 37,344 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just in time for Halo Monday tonight.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• RedSparrows 25 Feb 2013 13:57:06 22,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Should be the first Halo Monday I can attend for yonks, too! \o/
  • killersrquiet 25 Feb 2013 14:51:07 1,844 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    monty2k wrote:
    The new map pack is out. All 438 Mbs of it! I'm downloading it now and looking forward to all the pulse grenade spam!
    That's my Monday night sorted.
  • monty2k 25 Feb 2013 16:31:14 241 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well my initial impressions of the new maps are good. They play really well and I've had a lot of fun on them. They've all got beautiful skyboxes and dynamic backgrounds whether it be space shuttles, asteroids or Halo 3 falcons flying about. They're really good but I can't shake off a feeling of deja vu when I play them.

Probably my only (very small) gripe is that like a lot of the other maps in Halo 4 they feel like remixes or a greatest hits collection of previous Halo maps. Landfall feels like a CoD map mixed with the dockside map from Halo 2 DLC. Monolith feels like an updated sanctuary (from Halo 2 and Reach) mixed with haven. Finally Skyline really reminds me of countdown and sword base from Reach for some reason.

Also yes, I've seen a fair bit of pulse 'nade spamming and no, I haven't seen anyone get killed by one yet :-P

Edited by monty2k at 16:32:20 25-02-2013
  • MatMan562 25 Feb 2013 16:37:46 2,310 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've also been enjoying the new maps, but I know I'll enjoy them more when I stop trying to get the achievements. Managed to get the Thruster Pack and Active Camo ones, just need the Promethean Vision one and to get lucky with a Pulse Grenade and the rest should come over time.

But, yeah, I'm pleased with all the new maps!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• oceanmotion 25 Feb 2013 16:48:08 15,651 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They really shouldn't bother with multiplayer achievements or at least make them so basic like win a match on this map, get 50 kills playing the DLC. Anything that makes people play differently is stupid. Yet again, they don't notice this.
  • RedSparrows 25 Feb 2013 17:16:31 22,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New maps are nice - exactly the size the game needed. I like Monolith: it's designed as an arena, and not a 'real world' locale, which is infinitely preferable.
  • altitude2k 25 Feb 2013 20:18:47 3,764 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ignoring the game spaces for a moment (although they are rather nice. Monolith reminds me a lot of a particular Q3 map - Q3DM18 I think), the dynamic scenery is utterly gorgeous. Probably the best-looking multiplayer maps I've seen for any game. I nearly blew my load when that civilian transport landed and took off on Landfall. And Skyline is a wonder to behold as well. They really add an element of gritty realism where Halo has traditionally looked a bit too stylistic.
  • CharlieStCloud 25 Feb 2013 20:55:00 5,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    'effing hell.

Please for the love of GOD drop the multi-player achievements.

I don't care about them one tiny little bit yet 90% of the other players do ... why?!

Just have fun and stop spamming those pulse grenades.

*tuts*
  • RedSparrows 25 Feb 2013 21:32:22 22,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't worry, they'll get over it in a few weeks.

The skyboxes are orgasmic.
  • killersrquiet 27 Feb 2013 10:03:45 1,844 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good set of maps the achievement chasers spamming those nades.

Skyboxes are amazing I agree with this
  • kinky_mong 27 Feb 2013 10:54:20 9,958 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not a bad set of maps, although I only got to play Monolith and Skyline properly as Landfall was only selected once in the 2 hours I played last night!

Edited by kinky_mong at 10:55:28 27-02-2013

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• killersrquiet 27 Feb 2013 11:43:35 1,844 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Not a bad set of maps, although I only got to play Monolith and Skyline properly as Landfall was only selected once in the 2 hours I played last night!
    You can always count on the halo community to pick their favorite maps over and over and over again.

Why bother rotating cause playing the same maps all day is fun. Not
  • Page

of 173 First / Last