Halo 4 Page 146

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• RedSparrows 10 Dec 2012 18:36:16 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just played Shatter. Seems alright: distinctive aesthetic, but not sure we needed another vehicle map - it's not BTB size though, which is good.

Got three achieves (despite my team being DIRE), but they've not shown up properly - odd. I have them unlocked, but my score hasn't increased.
  • RedSparrows 10 Dec 2012 18:50:57 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wreckage... hmm. Not liking on first play.

Like Shatter, it exhibits seemingly needless play spaces around the edges - but only played once. It's confusing at first.

So far, so 5v5/6v6. Where's 4v4, 343? :(
  • RedSparrows 10 Dec 2012 19:00:02 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Annnnnd Harvest. MUCH more like it. Symmetrical, tighter - but not 4v4. Still, a good map from first impressions (no idea of all sightlines etc).

Harvest
    Shatter
    Wreckage

All three feature vehicles. What an odd way to do a map pack. Perhaps the next will be all 4v4 CQ maps. I hope so.

Edited by RedSparrows at 19:01:25 10-12-2012
  • altitude2k 10 Dec 2012 19:15:11 4,356 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone tried getting the pack through the in-game store? Should be available to LE "within 2 hours" as of 30 mins ago via Waypoint's Twitter page.

Nevermind, all working.

Edited by altitude2k at 19:52:39 10-12-2012
  • altitude2k 10 Dec 2012 21:15:17 4,356 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just had a quick scout around the new maps, sans any other players.

Harvest reminds me an awful lot of Rat's Nest, but set the stunningly beautiful backdrop of Harvest's orbital tethers.

Shatter seems pretty non-descript.

Wreckage looks odd as an MP map, a bit disjointed with no obvious choke points - will be interesting to see how it plays properly.
  • RedSparrows 10 Dec 2012 22:07:28 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wreckage on CTF is fun: it's improved in my estimation.

i suppose Harvest is a bit like Rat's Nest - foot only through the middle, and a ring around edge... except the outer edge has cover also.

Edited by RedSparrows at 22:10:24 10-12-2012
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Dec 2012 22:10:53 38,256 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    None of them will really click until you learn their layouts.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• sanctusmortis 10 Dec 2012 23:09:35 9,631 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Harvest is awful for IS - too many long firing routes, just ends up being a DMR rangefest.

Achievements popping like bra straps at a One Direction concert though; got 4 already, and 2 without doing what's required...
  • Yossarian 10 Dec 2012 23:20:17 8,401 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I spent the 800 points I had handy on Fez. So long, Halo.
  • RedSparrows 11 Dec 2012 08:57:25 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fez is right good.
  • altitude2k 11 Dec 2012 19:12:05 4,356 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Fez is right good.
    It is indeed, although after completing it I felt very little need to play any more. Whereas I simply cannot stop playing Halo 4! I've had BLOPS2 from LoveFilm since the week of release, and haven't touched it yet!
  • Nades 11 Dec 2012 21:10:36 1,280 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I haven't played H4 for ages, haven't even got the maps yet and I have the Map Pass lol. This is the first time in a Halo game I have ever not downloaded the maps on day 1 release of them, shows what I think of it, just can't play this game tbh, I enjoy talking about it way more on here than actually playing it haha.

So what the maps like then?

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• monkeypuzzle 11 Dec 2012 21:43:49 1,947 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yossarian wrote:
    I spent the 800 points I had handy on Fez. So long, Halo.
    I have to admit this may well be my last Halo. Not even finished the campaign yet.

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

• sanctusmortis 11 Dec 2012 22:46:23 9,631 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'd think the game insulted you guys' parents or something.

Anyway, up to mission 4 solo legendary. AI has already taken off in the Scorpion, guys in the Warthog keep trying to drive back to the start. Joy. Good old friendly AI, never was any cop.

Hardest bit so far, TBH, was the second signal tower - the one guarded by Covies and Banshees. Thankfully an AI crashed his Banshee (happens a lot in this game) so I hijacked him for a free extra go. Still a rock hard section, like. This one will be a mare.
  • oceanmotion 11 Dec 2012 22:53:47 15,952 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that part was tough, colourful display of incoming fire from a stupid amount of places though. I eventually managed to destroy all banshees without ground forces dealing the final blow. You really can't catch a break, doesn't help when the play area is cramped, invisible walls ahoy. Did leg it eventually at two of the switches and the final part give or take a few kills along the way. Couldn't be arsed with that section any longer.
  • kinky_mong 11 Dec 2012 22:57:20 10,290 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @sanctusmortis Wait until you get to mission 6. Bet that Knight with a Binary Rifle on the gondola section didn't give you much trouble on Heroic?

If you don't scream blue bloody murder on that bit and perform a full minute of cathartic teabagging on his disintigrated corpse when you finally best him you are a better man than me.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• oceanmotion 11 Dec 2012 23:15:14 15,952 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I sprinted from cover up the ramp, off the gondola, use jetpack to just about make the diagonal gap of doom, chuck grenade as I land, blast his face off. Just about worked. I was quite chuffed. That promethean machine gun is very effective up close, seems to rattle them if you get them early or weaken them first. Good to conserve long range or power ammo.
  • sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 01:30:35 9,631 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got to mission 6. Wish me luck guys.

For the record, the gondola section is probably my most hated part of the whole damn game on Heroic. Especially the "surprise! INCINERATION CANNON MUHFUGGAH" Knight at the tail end of it.
  • altitude2k 12 Dec 2012 06:50:59 4,356 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hated that bit on Heroic too, but I actually quite enjoyed it on Legendary.
  • Dave_McCoy 12 Dec 2012 09:47:07 2,776 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've found my Legendary run through to be far more manageable then I thought. First encounter with the Knights was a bit ropy but since then it hasn't been too bad. Nearly done on mission 8. Probably try and polish it off today!
  • RedSparrows 12 Dec 2012 11:11:34 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't find any part especially tricky. /leet
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Dec 2012 11:34:58 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is the first Halo campaign I've not completed which is a real shame but I've just lost interest all together.
    Mp is also quickly becoming a bit of a chore so unfortunately this might not be in my collection for much longer.
  • sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 13:02:31 9,631 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Final level solo Legendary. The whole gondola section was surprisingly easy.

Level 7 was a bitch. The blast door section... the horror. Oh, and 2 gold elites wielding concussion rifles upstairs after did not help.

So close, guys. So close.
  • sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 13:14:54 9,631 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My comment on the latest "DOYYY I NO LIKE CHALLENGES BRING BACK BUNGIE 343 SUCK BAWLZ" Waypoint thread:

Hey, anyone remember that time Bungie made a demo of a Halo game and then realised they hadn't made a game yet? And then had to rush to make one? And documented that on a DVD they gave away with the game?

Sorry, but Halo games all have flaws. CE repeated itself backwards, and had the Library. Halo 2 was a buggy mess of a game that got rushed. Halo 3 had so many visual effects layers it looked SD due to them having to lower the resolution to make it all fit. ODST was supposed to be an expansion, not a game. Reach... I like, anyway. Many do not share that.

Look, throughout the history of Halo people have done this. They just weren't as annoying. Whining has become an art form on here, and I'm tired of it. Grow up.

Edited by sanctusmortis at 13:15:07 12-12-2012
  • Dave_McCoy 12 Dec 2012 13:28:31 2,776 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Legendary done. Those Knights put me on my arse so many times in the latter section though. Shame I have to do Mission 4 again since I didn't get the comm because it was in the week I couldn't connect to the servers.

I've also decided that the soundtrack is quite good. Especially what I assume it the main theme since it was playing in the last mission a lot.
  • RedSparrows 12 Dec 2012 14:34:41 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The one that goes BWWAAOOOOOOOOOOO but not in a stupid Nolan way is great.
  • sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 14:48:57 9,631 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lone Wolf Legend once more.

Got 2 achievements extra along the way - accidentally got the Hunter one (I jumped over one sprinting up the light bridge and it slipped and fell) and managed the UNSC weapon one on mission 3. So, what I have left:

Co-op, all of it
    Save the marines, mission 4
    Wraiths, mission 5
    Hammer kills, mission 8
    20 kills each with Mantis stomp and turrets
    Mid-air Warthog kill
    Kill a guy on a man cannon

Edited by sanctusmortis at 15:01:50 12-12-2012
  • kinky_mong 12 Dec 2012 14:57:45 10,290 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Sorry, but Halo games all have flaws. CE repeated itself backwards, and had the Library.
    Oh my god, this. A thousand times this.

It took me a year to return and finish Anniversary because Assault On The Control Room angered me so much, and then to find I had to do it all again but backwards nearly made me ragequit again.

And yet I actually quite enjoyed The Library and don't see why it is spoken about as if it's the worst thing ever to happen in gaming.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• matrim83 12 Dec 2012 15:07:24 5,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think Harvest is the only new map I like. And that too for only CTF. Kinda glad I got the map pack in the MS fuck up cause I would have been a little pissed if I had paid for it. Got bored of them and went back to normal maps pretty soon.

They need to get extraction as a non DLC playlist.

Valar morghulis.

• RedSparrows 12 Dec 2012 15:13:43 22,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like Wreckage the more I play it.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last