Halo 4 Page 132

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• sanctusmortis 26 Nov 2012 10:42:37 9,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heck no. They just put it up at some point in the day, and it gets later every damn week.

The remaining 2 achievements are next week, anyway - chapters 1 and 4 of episode 5.
  • kinky_mong 26 Nov 2012 10:54:33 10,432 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If after December 10th people still keep voting for Haven I will have a hissy fit.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 11:05:09 23,257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Depends on the map pack and how they integrate it. If they fuck it up like they did after managing Reach reasonably well, then it'll be very annoying.

Also depends on the maps in the pack, and whether the morons that pass for a general community deem them worthy of their time.

I mean, people STILL VOTED FOR HAEMORRHAGE up up until Halo 4 came out.
  • RelaxedMikki 26 Nov 2012 11:26:56 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmmm...

Played a lot of Slayer last night. Wasn't bothered about replacing fixed weapon spawns with the ordnance previously. But I had some games last night where organised teams would lock off part of the map and would just sit there. Not much fun. At least with spawning power weapons, if one team is sat in the corner of a map, the other would be getting the big guns. Made it easier to disrupt'team camping'...
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 11:32:24 23,257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is much wrong with Infinity Slayer, tbh.

I still don't get why they thought randomly spawning weapons was a good idea when the simple label system would have assisted novice players just as much. It's really stupid how your fortunes can change just by luck and nothing more.

Edited by RedSparrows at 11:34:04 26-11-2012
  • Dave_McCoy 26 Nov 2012 11:32:43 2,787 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hm, I really must play Spartan Ops..I haven't even started Episode 2. :(

Edited by Dave_McCoy at 11:32:54 26-11-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 26 Nov 2012 11:33:45 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just don't get why people choose the same map over and over, even after playing one of the two that always comes up (Haven and Ragnarok - spelling?) the people that stay in the lobby will vote for it again. Then if it comes up for selection for the third time they will be all over it. Don't these people get bored of play the same damn maps?

Edited by L_Franko at 11:34:14 26-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 11:34:29 23,257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I just don't get why people choose the same map over and over, even after playing one of the two that always comes up (Haven and Ragnarok - spelling?) the people that stay in the lobby will vote for it again. Then if it comes up for selection for the third time they will be all over it. Don't these people get bored of play the same damn maps?
    Apparently not. Mongs.
  • Dave_McCoy 26 Nov 2012 11:39:09 2,787 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe they think it's the only map they're good at. I wouldn't be suprised if the first time they went on a different map and got hammered. Now, instead of admitting the other team was probably better, they blame it on the map.

I am a bit worried about the new maps when they get released. Will they be actually played? They should have held Ragnarok and Haven back for seperate map packs.
  • L_Franko Moderator 26 Nov 2012 11:42:04 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wish Ragnarok wasn't included at all, never liked it in Halo 3.
  • Buztafen 26 Nov 2012 11:45:38 16,341 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im worried they'll unceremoniously axe certain maps which were shipped with the game...like they did with Reach.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 11:45:42
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Hmmm...

Played a lot of Slayer last night. Wasn't bothered about replacing fixed weapon spawns with the ordnance previously. But I had some games last night where organised teams would lock off part of the map and would just sit there. Not much fun. At least with spawning power weapons, if one team is sat in the corner of a map, the other would be getting the big guns. Made it easier to disrupt'team camping'...
    Yep, this is the single biggest flaw in the new weapons drop system. We played a match of CTF on Adrift where the entire opposing team (obviously in a party) weren't interested in capturing our flag and just sat at their base covering all the ways in, picking attackers off one by one. They literally didn't budge. Even with three of us coordinating an attack at once meant we were outnumbered. The raised walkway at base on that map provides impossibly excellent cover for two or three campers working together. Basically, the game was a frustrating tie with the other team happy to rack up the kills.

Preset power weapon spawns such as rockets and swords never let this happen in objective game types. 343i fiddled around with systems that for core players were there for a reason - Bungie did everything for a reason.
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 11:54:30 23,257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They can't tell which maps will be played more, I'd iamgine - other than remakes. At least Haven and Ragnarok are good maps, unlike the Cage and Haemoshite.
  • monty2k 26 Nov 2012 12:25:00 243 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't they already reduced the weightings for Ragnarok and Haven in the playlists? (source).

I played 2 or 3 games of infinity slayer a few days ago and Haven didn't come up once. In fact I got to try some maps I'd never played on!
  • muttler 26 Nov 2012 12:35:23 4,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think they should have shipped with more maps, I'm really looking forward to the first map pack next month anyway, and some decent Forge maps particularly some Halo 4.0 style race courses.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 12:37:54
    monty2k wrote:
    Haven't they already reduced the weightings for Ragnarok and Haven in the playlists? (source).

I played 2 or 3 games of infinity slayer a few days ago and Haven didn't come up once. In fact I got to try some maps I'd never played on!
    All four of them.
  • Duffking 26 Nov 2012 12:40:45 7,338 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Hmmm...

Yep, this is the single biggest flaw in the new weapons drop system. We played a match of CTF on Adrift where the entire opposing team (obviously in a party) weren't interested in capturing our flag and just sat at their base covering all the ways in, picking attackers off one by one. They literally didn't budge. Even with three of us coordinating an attack at once meant we were outnumbered. The raised walkway at base on that map provides impossibly excellent cover for two or three campers working together. Basically, the game was a frustrating tie with the other team happy to rack up the kills.

Preset power weapon spawns such as rockets and swords never let this happen in objective game types. 343i fiddled around with systems that for core players were there for a reason - Bungie did everything for a reason.
    Er, CTF doesn't have weapon drops does it?
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 12:54:18
    It doesn't have much in the way of power weapons either. What I'm saying is on that particular map against an organised party of base campers it's incredibly hard to almost impossible to get in a grab a flag. Not with two DMR's trained on every entry point, some from raised locations pointing down. Not against a team with absolutely no interest in actually playing CTF. Plus it's far easier to lash nades down into the doorways than it is to throw them perfectly up onto the narrow platform above.

Bungie's weapon spawn system provided options and late game upsets etc.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 13:06:57 26-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 13:37:52 23,257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It does.

However, you got team camping in all previous Halos: people far more interested in K/D than objective types. Even now, on Adrift, if they camp their own spawn all power weapons will respawn OUTSIDE the spawn, leaving the attackers to get them easily. Adrift spawns rockets, sticky launchers and scattershots, as well as grenades. Map control still has a point, it's just a bit more random.

The real issue is in IS, where everyone can get their own power weapons much more easily.

Edited by RedSparrows at 13:38:38 26-11-2012
  • jambii267 26 Nov 2012 14:11:56 1,366 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like ordinance, I don't see why both Ordinance and Weapon spawns can't work together.

Vehicles, Snipers, Rockets & Laser spawn on the map, everything else can be ordinance.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• SomaticSense 26 Nov 2012 14:16:25 8,691 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Erm, doesn't the new ordance system actually prevent the shitty old weapon spawnpoint camping of previous Halos?

How is evening it up and giving everyone a shot at the decent weapons a bad thing?
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 14:45:09 23,257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They don't give everyone an even shot at the weapons, because on some maps (chiefly Ragnarok, but any map that has an oblong shape with bases near either end) the weapons will spawn one one side and NOT the other.

Stick a label on them, fine. But don't spawn them for, effectively, one team and not the other. I don't mind the weapon type being random - on CTF, it's not, usually, however.
  • morriss 26 Nov 2012 15:03:21 71,122 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Campaign completed!
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 15:08:21 27,413 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    It's always the way.

Was the same in Reach - people always went straight for Sword Base (that fucking elevator room!) or the one with the bridge that has an energy sword on it (forget the name of it, always led to a scrum and lots of shish kebab in two connecting lift shaft rooms before someone just went "fuck it" and threw a grenade or fired the concussion rifle in)

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 15:09:29
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Even now, on Adrift, if they camp their own spawn all power weapons will respawn OUTSIDE the spawn, leaving the attackers to get them easily. Adrift spawns rockets, sticky launchers and scattershots, as well as grenades..
    Sounds great in theory but in practice it doesn't work out very well at all. Not when there's zero consistency in what actually gets dropped and at what point into a match. The clock is ticking and all you get is a Scattershot? In the match I've mentioned I purposely went looking for useful match-changing weaponry but there was literally nothing of use on the entire map. The random drops were fluff. Useless - for assaulting teams of flag campers.

That rocket you mentioned sounds lovely and might have really tipped the balance, but it unfortunately didn't come. We got Needlers instead ho hum.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 15:16:26 26-11-2012
  • Deckard1 26 Nov 2012 15:14:14 28,704 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are you crying?
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 15:15:17
    darkmorgado wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    It's always the way.

Was the same in Reach - people always went straight for Sword Base (that fucking elevator room!) or the one with the bridge that has an energy sword on it (forget the name of it, always led to a scrum and lots of shish kebab in two connecting lift shaft rooms before someone just went "fuck it" and threw a grenade or fired the concussion rifle in)
    You guys should try BF3 team deathmatch. Countless dedicated servers offering 48 player Noshahr Canals on rotation 24/7. And you know what else? They're always full ;)

One of life's great mysteries.
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 15:15:32 27,413 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It would be better if they just gave the most popular maps a dedicated playlist and then take them out of the normal rotation. Isn't that what COD does?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Dave_McCoy 26 Nov 2012 15:17:37 2,787 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why does this game keep forgetting I have the Oceanic Armour and the other helmets from getting the War Games pass? Seems to happen every Monday.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last