Halo 4 Page 121

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 November 2012 17:04:22
    @Apostle as you know that cant be true as only the sherminator is more awesome than me.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 17:10:25
    @revan8 ha, Sherminator, I like it. :D

Matchmaking is funny. It's either a really easy game, or quite tough and you get one or two good players. Even I with my distinctly average Halo skills noticed the other day some pretty bad players I was matchmade against. Then the next game bam some proper players. One extreme to the other.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 17:23:00
    Is this game not matching similar skilled players?
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 17:36:41
    Def not in my experience.
    Been against players with 7000 kills vs my 300 all the time.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 18:10:41
    Length of time played is not the same as skill though.
  • jambii267 18 Nov 2012 18:13:31 1,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    343 are introducing A skill ranking soon, should hopefully sort out the matchmaking a bit.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Yossarian 18 Nov 2012 18:29:27 8,411 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Matchmaking already has hidden TrueSkill by playlist as one of the variables it uses in selecting players.
  • oceanmotion 18 Nov 2012 18:36:04 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think visible rank will be nothing more than fan service. All the stuff in the background will be the same.

I've always found Halo games go from easy to hard no matter what level. A bunch of players will always be different and tip the match one way or another.
  • richardiox 18 Nov 2012 18:36:17 5,738 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I always think someone who is many levels above have just put more hours in as opposed to being a better player.

That's the whole idiocy of online ranking when the "crack cocaine" element is constantly giving XP for everything so even a shit player ranks up significantly just by putting the hours in.

A triple prestige player is usually just either a student / unemployed / no partner or social life.

Obviously people who have put in more hours have a better knowledge of the maps and spawns but never equate rank to actual skill.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 18:49:56
    Practice improves skill in pretty much everything in life including halo.

If I had 3000 kills I would be better than now at 300. Every possible way of killing would be honed, various tactics learnt etc.

Me vs someone of same gaming hours on halo I would happy to put money on me winning :)
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Nov 2012 20:50:00 5,530 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I am nearing the end of Master Chief's fourth story as the Didact blokey-wokey stole the big huge laser gun thingummy called the Composer and I am kind of struggling to think of any stand out moments in the campaign.

... don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly having fun however, I can easily tell you what were the best levels or moments in the other Halo games whereas this one, as consistently enjoyable as it is, I cannot for the life of me remember what happened in each individual levels that really stood out.

Not sure what point(s) I am trying to make, but that is how I kind of feel.
  • oceanmotion 18 Nov 2012 21:14:53 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm currently playing through legendary after a heroic run and I think the campaign is completely forgettable, far too safe, long tight levels. Prometheans are poor. Still fun, gun play is good but they have took a step back with Halo 4, tech related perhaps for fancy graphics, there isn't one open level like previous games. It's all a predictable funnel.

Other problems like mission objectives, a fault in most games, go here, press this destroy this, oh btw there is two or three of them, booooring.

Other little niggles that Bungie wouldn't do, checkpointing! AI seems a bit dim, encounters are a bit dull and sectioned off rather than being seamless throughout the level, scale is gone, yeah, there is nice scenery but nothing more. Marine chatter is lacking. Dropped weapons disappearing.

The more I play, the disappointments shine through. It's not bad, just competent with impressive art. Whether that is lack of grunt in hardware, playing it safe until the sequel, I dunno but if I play more of the same in the sequel, I'll be done with Halo. Bungie aren't without faults, Halo 2 campaign, some Halo 3 levels but the base was always there, secure and Halo knew what it wanted to be.

343 have brought great presentation, menus aside but other than that they are walking backwards. I kind of fear for them when Bungie's new title arrives and Bungie.net to shame Microsoft's efforts.

Edited by oceanmotion at 21:21:11 18-11-2012

Edited by oceanmotion at 21:27:51 18-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 18 Nov 2012 23:05:39 24,284 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign. Hohum. It plays it safe, but feels like Halo to me.
  • retrological 18 Nov 2012 23:20:19 292 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was worried pre release tbh, almost didn't buy it. But the biggest compliment I can give it is that if I hadn't known I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't made by Bungie.

Was fun campaign. Liked the couple of interactive cut scene bits. No QTE.

Agree with comment above though where was all the fun marine dialogue. No point in the alt dialogue skull.

One thing... Completed it on Heroic without realising there was a RUN button. I miss manuals.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 08:53:34
    I didn't realise there was a run button as standard (not armour skill) until I was playing co-op and my friend kept running past me! I thought it was some crazy hack or cheat ;)
  • daft 19 Nov 2012 08:59:44 554 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a run button?! WTF?!
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 09:17:46
    I really liked the campaign, but as a non-multiplayer person, I do feel it was unreasonably short. It pisses me off that games like Halo and CoD which have their roots in epic single player experiences now feel that 6 hours SP plus a load of MP is acceptable, especially when much of that SP will have been designed with MP maps in mind. I just don't think it's right. Imagine if Valve did that with Half Life 3?

Fair enough, I realise I'm in the minority and it's all about MP these days, but there's still great value in a long and meaningful SP experience. I feel like people like me are a forsaken audience.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 09:20:57
    I love the mp side of games, but I agree with your point. I miss epic SP campaigns.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 09:31:19
    For me, the mission with the Mammoth was as memorable as Assault on the Control Room.

It was a very high quality fps campaign, for my money. In a world of rollercoaster whack'a mole every other release, Halo 4's wide linearity and even wider sense of combat choice and emergence was the perfect medicine and just what I needed. It wasn't a flawlessly structured set of missions, but the overall sweep was a satisfying success, let down slightly by hokum plotting and a disappointing villain.

The design constraints and misgivings felt by some I suspect are largely the result of tech limitations and 343 trying their best to impress, both aesthetically and structurally, with what they had to work with. Halo 5 will be a different beast to Halo 4, in that we will most likely see 343's intended scope and scale come to full fruition.
  • GiarcYekrub 19 Nov 2012 09:33:59 3,903 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know this may sound like a stupid question but how do you create/join a open co-op campaign mission, there doesn't appear to be a co-op menu
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 09:38:26
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    For me, the mission with the Mammoth was as memorable as Assault on the Control Room.

It was a very high quality fps campaign, for my money. In a world of rollercoaster whack'a mole every other release, Halo 4's wide linearity and even wider sense of combat choice and emergence was the perfect medicine and just what I needed. It wasn't a flawlessly structured set of missions, but the overall sweep was a satisfying success, let down slightly by hokum plotting and a disappointing villain.

The design constraints and misgivings felt by some I suspect are largely the result of tech limitations and 343 trying their best to impress, both aesthetically and structurally, with what they had to work with. Halo 5 will be a different beast to Halo 4, in that we will most likely see 343's intended scope and scale come to full fruition.
    Do you talk like this in real life?
  • LeoliansBro 19 Nov 2012 09:40:05 44,963 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He also wears a white suit and sits in a room full of TV screens.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• RedSparrows 19 Nov 2012 10:04:09 24,284 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    but i dun unnder stand the arkeetekt!
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 10:08:00
    Nothing wrong with a bit of flowery prose. Better be wearing a smoking jacket though.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 10:14:44
    kalel wrote:
    CaptainQuint wrote:

Not chav enough for you, thick cunt?
  • LeoliansBro 19 Nov 2012 10:15:07 44,963 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oooh, get her!

Edit: I think it's more that we're all surprised that Niles Crane plays Halo.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 10:16:02 19-11-2012

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 10:19:49
    Excuse me while I just slip into me best trackie bottoms and wear me gold.

Keep forgetting where I am. Apologies.

Translation for the unread:

It were a well good game with some fuckin dead good bits in it, but tbh I were a little bit let down when it finished coz the story weren't as good as Transformers 3 on Sky+ last night.

Hope that helps!

Edited by CaptainQuint at 10:27:05 19-11-2012
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 10:21:19
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    CaptainQuint wrote:

Not chav enough for you, thick cunt?
    I'm really not a chav, and I'm secure enough in my level of intelligence to not feel the need to broadcast it. I get the sense you're over-compensating...

Anyway, probably a bit mean of me to say anything so I'll let the "cunt" thing go, but seriously, you're not impressing anyone.

Edited by kalel at 10:21:42 19-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 19 Nov 2012 10:27:35 24,284 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Oooh, get her!

Edit: I think it's more that we're all surprised that Niles Crane plays Halo.
    :D
  • RedSparrows 19 Nov 2012 10:28:13 24,284 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    p.s this is embarrassing.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last