Halo 4 Page 118

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 15:29:34 9,697 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Dear internet, if you're going to pick King of the Hill, try and stand in the fucking hill occasionally, yeah?
    Unfortuantely some people seem to think it is a game type to improve on your k/d score instead of actually winning the game.
  • Scurrminator 16 Nov 2012 15:40:17 8,459 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I watched all the terminal videos.
    What a crock. Did Bungie really have all this shite in mind when they made Halo 1!? Humans being 'devolved'!?

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• kinky_mong 16 Nov 2012 16:01:09 10,728 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    To be honest Halo games have always been shit at explaining story.

Plus it is a shit story that's best ignored anyway, just assume the whole story is "space soldier does shooty pew pew while blue woman hologram talks to him a bit" and you'll be fine.
    Except you wont. Thats the same kind of stupid 'turn your brain off' logic that excuses transformers for being a piece of shit with a stupid story.
    Video Games != Movies

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• happyhammer81 16 Nov 2012 16:01:29 23 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:Unfortuantely some people seem to think it is a game type to improve on your k/d score instead of actually winning the game.
    Similar to Oddball as well.

XBL: happyhammer81

• Scurrminator 16 Nov 2012 16:07:50 8,459 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 16:09:36
    Fix
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 17:16:57
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc The Didact is the head of the Forerunner's military. He defeated the original human army, and had them genetically regressed as punishment. When they found we had been fighting the Flood, not them, he assembles a new army - by using the Composer to reduce us to atoms, and reassembling said atoms as the Prometheans. He kept a bit of the human form in them as a mockery of his former enemy, us. The Librarian then locks him up in the Cryptum, for his crimes, and brings his army under her control to guard him.

So he created the Prometheans to fight the flood?
    [Spoiler]No, they were created to fight the humans, then they used them to fight the Flood after the humans were defeated. However there wasn't enough of them to defeat the flood so he decided to use humans to make an even larger army.

Then they created the Halo rings cause even that army wasn't big enough?!

Fuck me, what a bunch of Bumders.
    [Spoiler]No, the Halo array was the idea of his wife - The Librarian. The Diadact opposed this idea as it would mean the end of the Forerunners as well. She took samples of all known life in the galaxy so it could be spread afterwards. Then she shot the Diadact, sealed him within Requiem so he would survive and the used the Halos to kill everything.
    Yeah, I too read this on the back of the box in Asda.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 18:11:07
    Can we cut down on the quote chains?

Quint, I hear you about the jostling although it's not exclusive to this. Reach's elites were pretty bad for that.

It's not helped by the general lack of spacial awareness by the great unwashed.
  • oceanmotion 16 Nov 2012 18:54:53 16,088 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    343 suck at checkpoints.

It no longer saves when action has cooled like Bungie games sometimes did or what I think was happening.

In Halo 4, it is rather annoying having to start a whole section again. Does make it more challenging, Legendary would be easier without it. Must be some tech related problem, they have sacrificed things, not so seamless anymore, like little battle areas.
  • SomaticSense 16 Nov 2012 19:23:21 8,982 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gods sake. Why don't 343 just make a Ragnarok playlist already!

A week of playing and it's still the only map I've seen in BTS. Fucking sick of it. Can only bring myself to play infinity slayer now because of this bs, and even then its Haven most of the time.

Haven and Ragnarok over and over again. Bring back the veto system.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 19:25:01
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Gods sake. Why don't 343 just make a Ragnarok playlist already!

A week of playing and it's still the only map I've seen in BTS. Fucking sick of it. Can only bring myself to play infinity slayer now because of this bs, and even then its Haven most of the time.

Haven and Ragnarok over and over again. Bring back the veto system.
    Exactly this. Zzzz
  • RelaxedMikki 16 Nov 2012 19:32:48 937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup, I agree. A 'random maps' option might do the trick, where there is no choice of map.

Halo isn't the only game to have this problem, but it does suffer because of the relatively small number of maps (for each mode) that it ships with.

I like Ragnarok and Haven. But I prefer variety.
  • Pumpatron 16 Nov 2012 19:34:30 385 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep, map voting is stupid. They should be chosen randomly.

I like Ragnarok, but I would like to play on some other fucking maps. It's like hemorrhage on Reach, every fucker keeps voting for it again and again.
  • jack24 16 Nov 2012 19:38:13 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is massively frustrating, I end up sticking with it for a game or two thinking to myself 'they surely must have have had their fill by now' but no; as soon as voting starts it shoots up to like 7 or 8 votes at least.

If you'd like to see some of the other big maps, try dominion!
  • Pumpatron 16 Nov 2012 19:40:55 385 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But why? why do they keep voting for it? Why? fucking why?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 19:46:55 39,372 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Because they are 12, and what is this?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• oceanmotion 16 Nov 2012 19:52:54 16,088 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    343 have shown they don't care. Anyone remember Reach, the playlists were a joke. Horrible community management.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 20:09:29
    Maybe they could add in an ability to vote for the next 2 or three maps with one vote.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 20:40:45
    They should just cycle the maps. Or ship with more, tightwads.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 20:44:54
    Really they missed a trick. They should of held back Ragnorak and released it with other old classics as DLC a la Battlefield ;) Actaully that would have given you chaps a couple of months of Ragnorak free gaming, everyone's a winner!
  • RelaxedMikki 16 Nov 2012 20:49:15 937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes, ship with more, or have a user maps playlist.

User maps are ace. Best maps I have ever played were some of the user maps they piled into match-made playlists on Far Cry 2. Some of those were actually works of art. Shame the actual game was not that good.

I'm already too pissed to get a disc into the XBox, though. So my opinion should actually count for less than nothing...!
  • oceanmotion 16 Nov 2012 20:49:52 16,088 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, cycle the maps, no voting.

Also have a community playlist, each week pick some fan favourites and cycle those.

Might get in the way of DLC, Microsoft would hate that.

Edited by oceanmotion at 20:51:31 16-11-2012
  • sanctusmortis 16 Nov 2012 20:53:43 9,707 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    343 suck at checkpoints.

It no longer saves when action has cooled like Bungie games sometimes did or what I think was happening.

In Halo 4, it is rather annoying having to start a whole section again. Does make it more challenging, Legendary would be easier without it. Must be some tech related problem, they have sacrificed things, not so seamless anymore, like little battle areas.
    Amen. You can get a limited version of it by finding a quiet corner and pausing, though.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 21:52:28
    Split screen complex can die in a fire.
  • sanctusmortis 17 Nov 2012 00:03:16 9,707 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuck me, the lag in BTIS! Dedicated servers please MS, Halo 2 had them I believe...

Just had a blinder of a game. 385 out of the team's 1000. Makes you feel pretty fucking great, lemme tell ya.
  • damagedinc 17 Nov 2012 01:44:39 945 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    loving this but slayer is ruined by a two map rotation haha pick something else!!!!!
  • Deleted user 17 November 2012 03:38:35
    Done legendary solo. Overall I thought it was one of the weaker campaigns.

Quite like the prometheans but they need work before they provide as dynamic a fight as the covenant.

Also, too many samey forerunner interiors, zzzz. Couple of standout moments and chief is a joy to control, they nailed his movement.
  • Deleted user 17 November 2012 10:17:34
    Yeah, that one large floaty forerunner interior mission was bland as hell and easily the weakest link in an otherwise stellar campaign. What's with Halo and that one bad mission every game? Actually, thinking about it, I don't recall Reach suffering the same thing. Maybe it was a more solid across the board campaign, but not as 'magical' as Halo 4, if you know what I mean.

Multiplayer. These disproportionate assists are starting to grind me down. There's a whole secondary 'meta' battle with them happening to me now - I'm fighting my own assist count just as much as the enemy themselves. This was never an issue in previous games. What's changed? I hate it, and that little fucking center notification makes it worse.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 10:18:36 17-11-2012
  • Deleted user 17 November 2012 11:04:15
    I enjoyed the campaign overall but I'm getting tired of seeing levels that are just aping past glories. It's starting to get predictable.

New balls please next gen.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 11:06:24 17-11-2012
  • Deleted user 17 November 2012 11:10:00
    I will say that the achievements are well done as usual, particularly the campaign challenges.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last