Halo 4 Page 116

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:04:24
    Adam I am glad you didn't design the mp. Would be very unbalanced. As it is everyone can have fun. If a rubbish player kills me because they have a damage buff, fair play and I hope they had fun. I will kill them next time and I know I have opportunity to get the same buffs.
    Old halo games catered too much to players who knew where all the weapons were etc, rarely fair games.
    This is coMing from my view point as someone who usually near the top of the point score at the end, if anyone unhappy it should be me.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:14:44
    revan8 wrote:
    I will kill them next time and I know I have opportunity to get the same buffs.
    Right, for one I don't have to qualify my opinion with my skill at the game. I'm a reasonable player as anyone on here will tell you.

As for the above quote, no. The game decides what buffs you get according to who already has what. It's not level, it's artificially levelling the playing field to keep games close. More power to you if you enjoy that but I like to win on my own merits, not because I was awarded a damage boost because my team was flagging. I don't mind losing at all, if I'm outskilled or my opponant has more knowledge of the map then so be it. That's ultimately what matchmaking and true skill should be for, to ensure the match is close, not rubber banding.
  • oceanmotion 15 Nov 2012 22:29:38 15,765 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Completed the story on Heroic just now. I feel quite satisfied by that. Good final cutscene I think.
    Kinda funny howthe humans go into full attack mode at the end. Can sort of see them being the biggest threat to the galaxy as the bad guy says I think :) Here come the human imperials.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:33:10
    So play on the pro play lists and the others. It is only infinity that has the things you dislike. ")
    I didn't suggest anything about your skill, you could be the best or worst player for all I care. Close battles are the best battles.
  • DUFFKING 15 Nov 2012 23:10:30 7,181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had a go on Regicide for the first time. Got 2 kingtaculars and was every other player's most killed by :p
  • Vortex808 15 Nov 2012 23:30:27 7,042 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Waypoint seems to have lost the fact I did Reach on legendary solo, yet seems to have me for co-op on normal, which I don't think I ever did.

How odd. Yet it has my Reach mp rank and armour look correct though.
  • Petrarch 15 Nov 2012 23:35:15 3,425 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Waypoint seems to have forgotten I played Reach at all so I'm assuming it's a bit buggy.
  • oceanmotion 16 Nov 2012 00:27:50 15,765 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The checkpoint system is a bit frustrating on Legendary. You end up doing big chunks again. Requiem goes on for ever. Nearly at the end, will finish tomorrow.
  • Dave_McCoy 16 Nov 2012 01:18:39 2,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not noticed the unbalance on MP. Even with the ord drops a good player can drop a less experienced one. I'm still hitting near the top most times, good drops or not. I seem to get a lot of railguns in small maps, which are useless to me.

I got bored of Reach quickly but I seem to be loving this so far. If anything I think it's more level by far. Takes me back to Halo 2, the last mp I was consistantly good at.
  • Lotos8ter 16 Nov 2012 07:05:55 2,353 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know I shouldn't care, but why do I need to be SR21 to put a circle behind ma emblem?
    And please stop dangling those shiny armours at me that I haven't unlocked yet.

Fiat Lux

• Yossarian 16 Nov 2012 08:16:50 8,401 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    I've not noticed the unbalance on MP. Even with the ord drops a good player can drop a less experienced one. I'm still hitting near the top most times, good drops or not. I seem to get a lot of railguns in small maps, which are useless to me.
    What? The railgun is easier to use at closer ranges.
  • RedSparrows 16 Nov 2012 08:29:44 22,214 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The way to fix the terrible burden of learning map layouts is to put a marker on a gun, and not randomise it.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 09:00:57
    Can you not make your own maps with the guns laying about, old-style? Also don't you even get xp for making and playing custom maps?

Part of me hates the fact even Halo has taken ideas from CoD, to me it was/is one of the last 'pure' old school shooters, especially on console. As for the CoD features, as far as I can tell they work and aren't game breaking at all.
  • Yossarian 16 Nov 2012 10:00:34 8,401 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can set it up so power weapons only spawn in set places at set times, but it's fiddly and requires editing both the map and the gametype.
  • L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:05:36 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What does it mean when the commentator yells 'Hail Mary'?
    Got it the other night when I got the last kill with a rather well placed grenade, If I do say so myself.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 10:05:36 39,406 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Errm is the Spartan Laser in this game?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:09:44 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Errm is the Spartan Laser in this game?
    Yes, I've got one in an ordnance drop.
  • Zizoo 16 Nov 2012 10:11:33 8,246 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @L_Franko

Hail Mary is a American Football term AFAIK. So your well placed grenade throw is being likened to a good pass by a QB.
  • L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:13:27 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @L_Franko

Hail Mary is a American Football term AFAIK. So your well placed grenade throw is being likened to a good pass by a QB.
    Aah, that makes sense. Thank you much.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 10:24:57 39,406 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have a story question:

Is the Diaduct (What kind of retarded name is that by the way) using the collector as a "final solution" to the flood problem by digitising all sentiant life...mainly humanity? Also to prevent our violent expansion into the galaxy?

Fucking time travel.

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 10:33:12
    Posted a rant on Waypoint last night. Me and my regular team has never encountered so much JIP/Lag bullshit in Halo. And all on five measly Slayer maps, one of which is the worst in the history of Halo (Abandon). Staying off it till its had sufficient updates, although right now I could trade it in and get back on BF3 on the pc.

And what's with this game's ridiculous amount of accidental shoulder barging and shoving into enemy fire from sprinting team mates? I've been pushed literally meters off my standing position and almost fell off the map because of this weird Halo 4 phenomenon.

Not happy with game. Miss Bungie like crazy.
  • sanctusmortis 16 Nov 2012 10:45:07 9,627 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mcmonkeyplc The Didact is the head of the Forerunner's military. He defeated the original human army, and had them genetically regressed as punishment. When they found we had been fighting the Flood, not them, he assembles a new army - by using the Composer to reduce us to atoms, and reassembling said atoms as the Prometheans. He kept a bit of the human form in them as a mockery of his former enemy, us. The Librarian then locks him up in the Cryptum, for his crimes, and brings his army under her control to guard him.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:46:58 37,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A Hail Mary is a loooong throw, often at the end of a match where a touchdown is desperately needed. I think it's generally seen as being unlikely to succeed.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:48:18 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I feel even prouder now than I did when I got the kill.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 10:48:38 39,406 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc The Didact is the head of the Forerunner's military. He defeated the original human army, and had them genetically regressed as punishment. When they found we had been fighting the Flood, not them, he assembles a new army - by using the Composer to reduce us to atoms, and reassembling said atoms as the Prometheans. He kept a bit of the human form in them as a mockery of his former enemy, us. The Librarian then locks him up in the Cryptum, for his crimes, and brings his army under her control to guard him.

So he created the Prometheans to fight the flood?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:54:51 37,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Completed the story on Heroic just now. I feel quite satisfied by that. Good final cutscene I think.
    Kinda funny howthe humans go into full attack mode at the end. Can sort of see them being the biggest threat to the galaxy as the bad guy says I think :) Here come the human imperials.
    What gets me is MC disables the ship's exterior guns and shields so Infinity can blow a hole for him to fly through. So in one hit Infinity blasts a sizable hole in the hull... Why the fuck didn't they just say "we've got this Chief" and continue firing? It seemed the first blast was only a fraction of what Infinity could do. They could have blown the shit out of the Composer and saved millions(?) of lives

• MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 10:57:46 37,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    sanctusmortis wrote:

[Spoiler]No, they were created to fight the humans, then they used them to fight the Flood after the humans were defeated. However there wasn't enough of them to defeat the flood so he decided to use humans to make an even larger army.

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 10:57:51
    Yossarian wrote:
    You can set it up so power weapons only spawn in set places at set times, but it's fiddly and requires editing both the map and the gametype.
    Hmm ok, I didn't think it was as difficult as that at all. I have limited experience in Forge though.

So how does the drops work? I was watching a roosterteeth video and Ray asked what the little square on the HUD was, I didn't know it was the drop timer either. Is it just timed, or score/kill activated before a timed drop?
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 11:00:24 39,406 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    sanctusmortis wrote:

[Spoiler]No, they were created to fight the humans, then they used them to fight the Flood after the humans were defeated. However there wasn't enough of them to defeat the flood so he decided to use humans to make an even larger army.

Then they created the Halo rings cause even that army wasn't big enough?!

Fuck me, what a bunch of Bumders.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:01:43 37,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's filled by the points you earn. Everytime you get a little +5 for an assist or whatever it goes towards the next drop. It does not reset upon death.

• Page

of 173 First / Last