Halo 4 Page 114

  • Page

    of 173 First / Last

  • waggy79 14 Nov 2012 19:09:07 970 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    Just happening again on Complex. I'm going to start leaving bad feedback on players who use it whilst I wait. Does it also count as breaking the rules enough to file a complaint?
    yes. That's exactly what it's there for. Please use it.
  • jambii267 14 Nov 2012 19:29:27 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yossarian wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    On GAF some people really do just want Halo 2/3 reskinned. Ouch.
    No, this isn't what most of them want.
    I don't want Halo 4 to be like 3 or 2, primarily I want Halo 4 to be a good multiplayer game, it isn't.

    Edited by jambii267 at 19:30:31 14-11-2012

    NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

  • Lukree 14 Nov 2012 20:16:54 161 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was actually missing the Flood a bit so I simply had to order the Halo Anniversary...
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 20:43:02
    jambii267 wrote:
    revan8 wrote:
    it doesn't matter, it is another bonus that everyone can get. Why is it okay to have an over shield and not damage boost?
    A bonus that means you will automatically win every gun fight regardless of skill? Can't see it being a problem.
    I initially liked the ordnance drops and I still like the idea but the fact it's a random three really kills any strategic play. Also, they make a big deal of the fact armour lock is gone but then stick in damage boost and overshield.

    If ordnance choices have to be in the game they should be consistent, chosen by the player in addition to the loadout and no damage boost shenanigans should be part of it. Personally I'd like developers to stop pandering to these meta game whores. A game should unravel and reveal its intricacies over time through knowledge and competence over its systems not through the acquisition of shiny trinkets.

    Team SWAT is back, I hope it won't be long before classic slayer is too.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 20:48:37
    Also.... the auto aim is too fucking sticky. It's actually detrimental to aiming when it can be so easily dragged.

    I'm a fairly good shot, there should be some way of dialling it down a couple of notches.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 20:53:52
    Can it be turned off?
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 20:53:52 22,773 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    On GAF some people really do just want Halo 2/3 reskinned. Ouch.
    No, this isn't what most of them want.
    I don't want Halo 4 to be like 3 or 2, primarily I want Halo 4 to be a good multiplayer game, it isn't.
    Yes it is Jambi, you are being melodramatic. Infinity isn't the best game mode but the rest of it is great fun most of the time.
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Nov 2012 21:09:35 2,776 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bah, that's it for Flood mode for me until the fix the Complex wall glitch. Same map every time and everyone is doing it now and I'm getting tired of filing complaints. Just play properly you twats!
  • waggy79 14 Nov 2012 21:11:55 970 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    Bah, that's it for Flood mode for me until the fix the Complex wall glitch. Same map every time and everyone is doing it now and I'm getting tired of filing complaints. Just play properly you twats!
    I can see that getting fixed very quickly. Plenty of other modes while it's done.
  • spindle9988 14 Nov 2012 21:30:01 3,590 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is anyone else having problems getting online? Kept gettin g server down message
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Nov 2012 22:09:07 38,281 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Late game spoiler: That spaceship flight heading towards the composer was fun. The closest to the Star Wars arcade game's Death Star run I've played in some time.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 22:15:33
    Was good, could have done being a bit harder though.
  • GiarcYekrub 14 Nov 2012 22:23:09 3,774 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Checkpoint on that bit was clever i checkpointed just before I exploded, respawned and died a few times then it just reverted to an earlier checkpoint

    Edited by GiarcYekrub at 22:23:50 14-11-2012
  • kinky_mong 14 Nov 2012 22:32:13 10,299 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:

    If ordnance choices have to be in the game they should be consistent, chosen by the player in addition to the loadout

    That would literally be the worst thing to do to the ordance drop, a player who gets a good start would then be able to dominate the whole match when they get a rocket launcher/binary rifle/other heavy weapon in every drop.

    The random selection is what keeps the matches more balanced, and it shows in my experience so far where games in which one team absolutely destroys the other only happens one in every 15/20 games, rather than every 5 games as it did in Reach.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 22:46:26
    What kinky said.
  • jambii267 14 Nov 2012 22:59:36 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    jambii267 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    On GAF some people really do just want Halo 2/3 reskinned. Ouch.
    No, this isn't what most of them want.
    I don't want Halo 4 to be like 3 or 2, primarily I want Halo 4 to be a good multiplayer game, it isn't.
    Yes it is Jambi, you are being melodramatic. Infinity isn't the best game mode but the rest of it is great fun most of the time.
    It's the bastard child of Halo 3, Halo Reach and COD. Occasionally some of the Halo magic shines through, but generally I find the multiplayer just flat out frustrating.

    Edited by jambii267 at 23:03:49 14-11-2012

    NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

  • Pumpatron 14 Nov 2012 23:06:38 374 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just curious what controller setting people use?

    I use bumper jumper, I have since Halo 3. I feel more agile using it, and it's great in tricky situations.

    The down side is armor abilities that you need to hold a button down to use, like jet pack and the shield. Im tempted to give default a go, but I know I'd miss not having jump on the bumper. Life is hard.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 23:48:33
    kinky_mong wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

    If ordnance choices have to be in the game they should be consistent, chosen by the player in addition to the loadout

    That would literally be the worst thing to do to the ordance drop, a player who gets a good start would then be able to dominate the whole match when they get a rocket launcher/binary rifle/other heavy weapon in every drop.

    The random selection is what keeps the matches more balanced, and it shows in my experience so far where games in which one team absolutely destroys the other only happens one in every 15/20 games, rather than every 5 games as it did in Reach.
    Different levels of ordnance, lower level for SAWs etc or higher for Binary et al, that would sort that one out. I don't like the fact that the game is balancing out the action behind the scenes, it's just rubber banding basically. Consistent or not at all. I'd prefer not at all really.

    @revan, pretty sure there's no option to turn off aim assist.



    I
  • RelaxedMikki 14 Nov 2012 23:59:06 928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aim assist is a bit weird when it follows enemies through walls when you are using Promethaen Vison. Or when the round has finished, and you have let go of the controller, but the view is still being dragged significantly left and right by moving opponents.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 00:00:21
    @Pumpatron

    Bumper Jumper for me. AA seem less important in 4.
  • RedSparrows 15 Nov 2012 08:19:22 22,773 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jambii267

    Yes it is Jambi, you are being melodramatic. Infinity isn't the best game mode but the rest of it is great fun most of the time.
    It's the bastard child of Halo 3, Halo Reach and COD. Occasionally some of the Halo magic shines through, but generally I find the multiplayer just flat out frustrating. Well, that's a shame. Other than occasional Infinity annoyances and a few minor things, it feels very much like Halo to me, but from a slightly different angle. The 'CoD' stuff has already faded away: most of it is a sop as much as a feature
  • spindle9988 15 Nov 2012 08:36:23 3,590 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Couldnt get on for long last night. Kept saying servers were down
  • Ziz0u 15 Nov 2012 08:53:13 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @spindle9988

    I had that the first night, but it was ok the next day.

    Teething problems.
  • Scurrminator 15 Nov 2012 09:08:19 8,412 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I finished my first playthrough on solo legendary last night.
    Why can't Halo have a good last level!?! The boss 'fight' was pretty bad as well - most disappoint!
    Was not a fan of the ending either, it wrapped things up a bit too neatly. If it's supposed to be a trilogy surely we could have a little bit of a teaser for the next game :-(
    Anyway, 8/10 for the campaign as I was loving it until the last level...

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 09:53:47
    I thought it tied up a bit too neatly too. I haven't done solo legendary yet and was expecting the extra ending to tease the greater threat. That being said Star Wars 4 was reasonably self contained to my recollection.

    Also, I don't see this 'ancient evil' either. The Didact isn't evil, he's xenophobic and an idiot, but not evil. I thought he was actually massively anticlimactic in the end.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 10:08:17
    The Didact as a malevolent force was spoiled somewhat when they copped-out and revealed the brilliantly striking and ambiguous orb was just a spaceship for a bad B-movie monster villain. The orb could have had that whole 2001 vibe to it, with a bit more ambition.

    Anyway, am I the only one who is finding this multiplayer to be a bit easier than previous Halos? I have the odd terrible game but in general I'm playing better than ever. Seems easier.

    Edited by CaptainQuint at 10:09:41 15-11-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Nov 2012 10:22:52 9,694 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:

    Anyway, am I the only one who is finding this multiplayer to be a bit easier than previous Halos? I have the odd terrible game but in general I'm playing better than ever. Seems easier.
    My first online games (Tuesday) went very well for me and I was thinking it might just be down to new players jumping on as well as my old Halo skills not being as dormant as I was expecting them to be.
    The start of my session last night went slightly differently and I got a bit of a kicking, then as the night went on I found the performance of my opponents dropping and my stats rising. That could just be me warming up and getting better over a few games but I do know I feel a lot more comfortable in Halo 4's online world than I did Reach.
  • Scurrminator 15 Nov 2012 10:25:43 8,412 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    The Didact as a malevolent force was spoiled somewhat when they copped-out and revealed the brilliantly striking and ambiguous orb was just a spaceship for a bad B-movie monster villain. The orb could have had that whole 2001 vibe to it, with a bit more ambition.

    Anyway, am I the only one who is finding this multiplayer to be a bit easier than previous Halos? I have the odd terrible game but in general I'm playing better than ever. Seems easier.
    Yes, the Didact was so epic and badass that he dies in a fast QTE - super lame; I was all pumped to fight him!.
    The Legendary ending doesn't add much, you see some of the chief's face when he removes his helmet in the epilogue - he's an old man. I know; sacrilege.

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • w00t 15 Nov 2012 11:22:03 11,126 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    The Legendary ending doesn't add much, you see some of the chief's face when he removes his helmet in the epilogue - he's an old man. I know; sacrilege.
    Well, he is 46 now - dunno if the cryogenics slow aging or if the Librarian caused it

    The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

    (the mic was OK in the end)

  • damagedinc 15 Nov 2012 11:43:56 775 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got slaughtered last night, my plasma blast dmr head shot not proving as effective in this as it did in reach.

    sure i am being killed quicker then in previous games. or i am getting old and rubbish.
  • Page

    of 173 First / Last

Log in or register to reply