Halo 4 Page 112

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 13 November 2012 23:30:11
    I got the file share to prove lol ")

I thought the UI is okay, just want campaign matchmaking.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 23:30:24
    Post deleted
  • Dave_McCoy 13 Nov 2012 23:34:06 2,788 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think online is starting to level out. I've had more trouble today with the killing than I have so far. :-/
  • Vortex808 13 Nov 2012 23:39:53 7,310 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers to richardtron and jive hound for the games. Apologies for the lack of chat. Yet again it appears my batteries are running out, so have no/minimal voice comms.

It was probably for the best, there may have been a reasonable amount of swearing.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 01:05:52
    Just gotten back into this after my son was born on Friday.
    Everything thankfully feels more stable now. The only thing I REALLY hate is Join in Progress.

Fingers crossed the loud and angry contingent in evidence on Waypoint forums sees the once promised option to never JIP reinstated into the game. The one time I've ever agreed with them.

As for the growing calls for the DMR's nerfing. STFU.
  • Psychotext 14 Nov 2012 01:06:01 54,405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished the single player. Universe is in good hands I reckon.

Long live 343!
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 01:08:46
    Yep.
  • matrim83 14 Nov 2012 06:36:05 5,590 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its unbelievable how terrible Waypoint is now compared to Bnet when it comes to looking at your stats.

343 might have done a few things better but one place they lag far behind Bungie is UI design. Both in game and out of it.

Valar morghulis.

• altitude2k 14 Nov 2012 07:02:56 4,586 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just want to see my damned medals!
  • Lukree 14 Nov 2012 08:01:52 168 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Waypoint is a mess.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 08:05:26
    Would have been nice to see the elites show more cunning in legendary, instead they just turn into a Russian circus act that jump around everywhere.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 08:34:27
    How do you find out about the different modes when there is no manual short of just googling. Doing what I always do with halo-try my best to enjoy the mp before switching to cod.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 08:43:07
    Also I liked it when it said how many players each map designed for. When first got it I was trying to set up a 1v1 but had no clue which maps were the small ones.
  • binky Moderator 14 Nov 2012 09:10:13 9,706 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    Its unbelievable how terrible Waypoint is now compared to Bnet when it comes to looking at your stats.

343 might have done a few things better but one place they lag far behind Bungie is UI design. Both in game and out of it.
    I was just popping on here to say exactly that. The menus in game are really bad but having just looked at waypoint on the web to have a look at stuff from the games I played last night I reckon that's even worse.

Bnet was superb really didn't need changing in the slightest. Surely they could have borrowed it?
  • Lukree 14 Nov 2012 09:26:38 168 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Damn, I really like that Composer -chapter. It's really classic Halo, cramped corridors and some bigger spaces.

I have to admit that Forerunners are quite boring enemies. Dogs are easy to pick one by one, but Knights are a drag. Shooting them from afar is slow and bullet consuming. Taking them near is easier but you really cannot do that unless other enemies are cleared first away.

Forerunner weapons are ok, though. I was giggling aloud when I saw the weapon animations the first time, suberb! :D
  • opalw00t 14 Nov 2012 09:26:57 11,200 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want 8v8 objective games :(

Also, I would like to figure out how to make British Bulldogs. Was easy in Reach, cannot do it for the life of me in 4.

/whinge

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• GiarcYekrub 14 Nov 2012 09:40:57 3,807 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a problem with Gangarin last night, was solo'ing it on Legendary(which isn't hard since you seem to have infinite lifes and the enemies don't come back, its more a task of attrition) anyway the last(I assume it to be the last) enemy was above the map inside a wall, I couldn't jet pack high enough spent about 15-20min trying to track it down before giving up
  • spindle9988 14 Nov 2012 10:08:11 3,626 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cant wait to pick this up today. I have finally broken my COD spell, meaning that I didnt walk to the shop like I had been hypnotised by its power.
  • L_Franko Moderator 14 Nov 2012 10:16:06 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Took a quick break from campaign to try out mp last night and I was more than happy with it, I think I like it more than Reach if I'm being honest.
    Played 4 matches of basic team slayer and really got on with it. I only played 2 maps - one that reminded me of Halo 3's Narrows and Reach's Countdown. I am a long way from remembering 4's map names.

Everything seemed to click for me in mp from the very start which I think was helped from the pace of the gameplay but there seemed to be something else there that I never got from Reach but I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, loving the whole Halo 4 experience so I am a very happy chap.
  • matrim83 14 Nov 2012 10:49:11 5,590 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    I want 8v8 objective games :(

Also, I would like to figure out how to make British Bulldogs. Was easy in Reach, cannot do it for the life of me in 4.

/whinge

Yep. I miss BTB objective too. Even regular BTB slayer will do. Not a fan of the Infinity version. Seems like everyone is drowning in power weapons.

Not completely sold on the new playlists. On one hand it keeps the population high but its severely limited in the number of options it provides.

Valar morghulis.

• binky Moderator 14 Nov 2012 10:52:01 9,706 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had a great game last night where I was kicking serious butt in a ghost. Was topping the scoreboard, hadn't died and generally living the life of Reily. Reckon I'd have gotten away without losing a single life if I'd played it safe for the last 2 mins, but I'd been overtaken on the scoreboard so got cocky and died twice. Top fun though!

KILLTACULAR!
  • binky Moderator 14 Nov 2012 10:52:54 9,706 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also, I'm eager to play Griffball as I've heard lots about that and never played it (to my knowledge). Can I search for a game or can I only set one up myself between friends?
  • yegon 14 Nov 2012 11:01:07 5,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Up to the final level of the campaign now. Only disappointment has been the music - never quite scaled the bombastic heights of previous Halo's, always felt like it was the lead up to a peak that never came.

I find the Knights a bit meh, 6 Halo's in and they've never bettered Elites really.

I thought Shutdown was a bit of a duffer for the most part, but otherwise mostly greatness.

I'll have a solo Legendary run through at some point. Still reckon Halo 1 has the most perfectly judged difficulty curve - I find it easy now, but that's due to 10+ playthroughs over the years, and the ability to tag elites with stickies from 1000 yards - that never gets old. Snipers kind of ruined Legendary for me in the games since (although I've soloed them all), certain points became less about skill, more about mind numbing trial and error. When I replay them I tend to go Heroic and buff the enemies with skulls where possible to kill the annoyance factor.

Edited by yegon at 11:01:38 14-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 11:22:54 23,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Snipers in this are an irritation on solo legendary, and will sometimes kill you - but they're piss easy to kill.

BTB Objective and Infinity-less 4v4 please.
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 11:24:55 23,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    How do you find out about the different modes when there is no manual short of just googling. Doing what I always do with halo-try my best to enjoy the mp before switching to cod.
    The lack of manual is so damn stupid.

However, all the modes are near enough identical to Halo of old, other than Regicide (like Juggernaut, I believe) and CTF and Oddball having tweaks.

The main change is Infinity Slayer, where you are rewarded for scoring points with weapon drops - a halfway house to kill-streaks, and not entirely a good thing...
  • L_Franko Moderator 14 Nov 2012 11:26:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yeah, met a player that was glowing red and wouldn't seem to die. What is that all about? He took me down from perfect DMR range with a AR while I must have unloaded more than enough rounds into him.
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 11:27:18 23,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's probably the damage boost you sometimes get in Infinity Slayer.

Another reason why Inf. Slayer should be supplanted by normal. Fucking ridiculous.
  • L_Franko Moderator 14 Nov 2012 11:30:08 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah ok. I've not really looked at the other game types as I just went straight for the first slayer game I saw. Is there not a normal slayer game type?
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 11:33:01 23,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is, but not in matchmaking.

Slayer Pro is in, which is a sop to the hardcore - much more like older Halo [Pro] - no personal weapon drops, no radar, etc.
  • L_Franko Moderator 14 Nov 2012 11:41:27 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fair enough. I did enjoy this Infinity Slayer but just felt a little hard done by when I met this red glowing chap. Still, I will be able to live with it.
    I'll try out the Slayer Pro later and have a look at the other game types.

I'll probably leave BTB unless I am with a group because I always suck in them. I crave small maps so I can get stuck in and do some damage.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last