Halo 4 Page 111

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Fat_Pigeon 13 Nov 2012 16:33:39 9,808 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    I't feels good,but from a completely objective point of view the DMR has the same kill time as a BR 1.6 seconds/5 shots. but has far less spread.

the carbine takes 7 shots but has the same kill time as it can be spammed faster.

the light rifle take 4 shots scoped/1.4 seconds 5 shots un-scoped 1.8 seconds.
    You know too much, first all about the lore and now exact kill times etc.
    Only because I would rather spend my time at work reading books and browsing the internet, than doing silly things like working.

Edited by Fat_Pigeon at 16:33:56 13-11-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 13 Nov 2012 16:35:10 9,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:

Only because I would rather spend my time at work reading books and browsing the internet, than doing silly things like working.
    Now this I can agree with.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 16:36:59
    Yeah same, most of my forum posts are at work. That is why sometimes I post loads, nothing better to do.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 16:47:51
    In answer to the query about the promethean grenades, get a direct hit and the knights/crawlers seem to be stuck in the field.

Also, Halo 2 is the hardest on Legendary out of the whole series. There is no debate. It had Iron on for co op as default and couldn't be changed.

I'm almost through mission 3 on Halo 4 solo legendary and there's nothing in here that matches the first sequel for insane difficulty.

Also, depending on the knight rank determines the number of headshots needed after their shield is depleted. The lowest only needs one. Their seems to be three types of knight that I've seen.

I don't find the prometheans that hard at the moment, their own weapons do a good job of doing them in. Bolt shot is excellent if you can get the timing. One charged blast and then you have 5 rounds to headshot.
  • RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 17:14:56 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's also tons of prommie ammo stashes.
  • oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 17:38:00 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think there might be a few painful parts for solo legendary, those Banshee parts were tough on Heroic and outside with the Mantis, dropships etc. will wear you down in no time.

Finished the campaign, it was okay, levels were too small and tight. Art is amazing, level design is better and a must considering the tighter levels. Action was still good, weapons and feel were great except a few pointless ones and Promethean versions of human stuff was a bit boring. Promotheans were disappointing, couldn't really tell you who I was fighting most of the time, those dogs are a chore and add nothing.

Missons were mostly dull, press a switch, disable two or three of these the best they can come up with about five times and what makes it worse, the journey to do these objectives, the lack of scale just magnifies it. Would be a lot better if you were getting to each point in an exciting way but that rarely happens. Compromise at the tail end of this generation while pushing better graphics no doubt but loses a little Halo.

343 do some things better but also lost some of the grand scale. Good effort that can only get better. They know what their doing for the most part. Not sure about the story yet, just seems daft at the moment.
  • RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 17:43:37 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah there are some tough sections (might have died more than a few times now ;)).

I don't feel the lack of scale issue. There's nothing like the dual scarab fight, but nor do the levels feel 'too small'.

I do reckon another promethean type would have helped.

Edited by RedSparrows at 17:45:46 13-11-2012
  • kinky_mong 13 Nov 2012 17:55:00 10,271 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I don't feel the lack of scale issue. There's nothing like the dual scarab fight, but nor do the levels feel 'too small'.
    Thank fuck! Trying to do that solo was a ballache on Heroic let alone Legendary!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 18:40:13 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The hangar bays on 7 are quite tricky on Legendary.

Have found a lot more power weapons this time through.

UI is still SHIT
  • CharlieStCloud 13 Nov 2012 19:07:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Urgh.

... what the FUCK was that awful crap at the end of mission 3, whilst you were 'navigating' a ghost?

It almost felt like a shit Kinect mini-game for heavens sake!
  • oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 19:27:35 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Exactly what I said. I honestly think it might actually have been a Kinect level.

Pity they lock doors behind you. When you swap a weapon to use another for whatever reason, you can't get back to it.
  • oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 19:31:34 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:

UI is still SHIT
    Yeah, nice to have the sticky launcher around that time.

UI too small or something else?
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 19:39:26
    Half way through legendary now. Have to say I'm not enjoying this as much as my Reach legendary run.

Fucking love the mp though so it kind of evens out. The map suite for one is infinitely superior. Haven in particular is excellent. Haven't got any complaints about any of the maps really.
  • RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 19:42:56 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:

UI is still SHIT
    Yeah, nice to have the sticky launcher around that time.

UI too small or something else?
    Nah, I like it all in game (other than that awful end of level 3!). I mean the Menu UI, esp in MP.
  • oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 19:51:01 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Okay, I haven't explored anything other than resume campaign and inverted flight controls.

A good UI is unfortunately rare for some reason. I think they use it so much themselves that they can't see flaws or try to be different for the sake of it
  • DFawkes 13 Nov 2012 19:59:33 22,938 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Urgh.

... what the FUCK was that awful crap at the end of mission 3, whilst you were 'navigating' a ghost?

It almost felt like a shit Kinect mini-game for heavens sake!
    It's even more shite in co-op, because it's designed to let 1 person throguh just in time - if you're not in front, you WILL die! Nigh on impossible with Iron on, as you'd have to be very, very close to each other doing some fancy formation driving.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 20:11:37 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The MP lobby is weird.

Active Roster was almost perfect. Why lose it?
  • altitude2k 13 Nov 2012 21:13:30 4,264 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right. So I'm playing through the campaign on legendary solo. First two chapters, fine. As long as I take my time with the Covenant it's straight forward.

But my God, the knights. Even just one it was a bloody nightmare. Basically involves me waiting until they get bored and turn their back so I can assassinate. That doesn't work with two, though. Nor does it work on some that simply refuse to get bored.

Any tips? Bearing in mind that weapons at this point are limited to boltshot and suppressor...
  • oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 21:15:18 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Harsh language.
  • RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 21:56:19 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shoot them lots with the suppressor.

There is normally a good stash of weapons hidden around on level 3.

Move a lot, chuck grenades as soon as they enter their own nade animation, shoot them... lots. Don't let their shields come back

Edited by RedSparrows at 21:58:50 13-11-2012
  • Nades 13 Nov 2012 21:58:24 1,270 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @revan8
    But there was the same playlists for ranked as social other than Multi-Team and double exp playlists. Or you could just play the game and get good at it so it wouldn't matter anyway....

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 21:58:33 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Suppressor up close is actually quite effective. Long distance is best used for their flying buddies and crawlers if you don't wait for them to get close.

Later on, plasma pistol, power weapons, shotgun do the trick.

Hardest part is getting close and one on one.

Look out for their skull showing, shields have popped. Headshot a few times for the kill.
  • sanctusmortis 13 Nov 2012 22:17:14 9,631 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know how anyone's even got that far. I got through Reach in 12 hours solo Legendary, with the hardest bit being the area just before the MAC cannon at the shipyard, and I can't even get past the room with the grunts in a central room surrounded by corridors guarded by a couple of elites and a couple of jackals. I run out of ammo before they're dead.
  • Zomoniac 13 Nov 2012 22:29:36 7,827 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally finished it so I can come in this thread without being scared. It's fucking awesome.
  • Nades 13 Nov 2012 22:32:42 1,270 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it's really difficult! I find the best thing to do is to do like a mission a day. I end up raging if I try and do too much. Not a big fan of having to complete the game solo on the hardest diffuculty, it's annoying for me =/.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• RedSparrows 13 Nov 2012 22:36:31 22,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am confused by some of your struggles. I understand some fights being very hard but I haven't ever run out of ammo for all guns.
  • Latin 13 Nov 2012 22:43:14 3,661 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only played 1 1/2 missions so no prometheans yet but this game is brilliant! Classic Halo gameplay up until now, only thing I'm not liking is the covenent replacement for the plasma rifle, it's a bit rubbbish!

All the other weapons feel like they have more ooomph and especially enjoying the needler and battle rifle.

Needles to say it looks and sounds better than anything else on the xbox although not so sure about the soundtrack itself... No comparison to the way Skyrim, for example, made me feel when it really got going.

Anyway, not that anyone cares but definitely feels a lot like CE which was my favourite of the series, just waiting for my first encounter with some Hunters!
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 22:53:04
    Willy waving time.

31 k 6 d. Managed the sickest killtacular with snipe I'm ever likely to get involving shooting three in the head at the same time. Pretty flukey, two were lined up and a mongoose driver shared in the fun.

One for the fileshare.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 22:54:08
    Can you not do campaign matchmaking?
    What is a UI?

@Nades I am good at it, I generally have twice as many kills as deaths, I often score most flags, I capture the most bases etc. So I guess I'm top twenty percent in the world even though I have half the gaming time. However I still think halo is for everyone and not anal elitists.

@adamasunder I got a good one for you, clf, killed the whole team whilst carrying the flag to win the game 3-2. Can't waive Willy though.

Edited by revan8 at 22:56:51 13-11-2012
  • Deleted user 13 November 2012 23:25:52
    UI is user interface.

Nice work on the flag. Pistol is still pretty good in this so I actually love getting the flag.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last