Halo 4 Page 109

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 13 November 2012 10:06:47
    Grenades really are now weak. Don't even take out an elites shield. Jet pack been nerfed, actually most perks are weak which I guess is a good thing.

Anyone get the episode 2 easter egg?
  • Lutz 13 Nov 2012 10:08:20 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @binky I can't bloldy use it very well. The lead time on the shots just feels un-natural to me. PP and Suppressor works surprisingly well though.
  • Petrarch 13 Nov 2012 10:11:50 3,425 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished the campaign last night and found all of the terminals, enjoyed Halo 4 more than I did 3 and Reach.

Spartan Ops and the waypoint videos next - still hoping to try the campaign in co-op with Lutz though my lack of free time atm means its awkward getting online.
  • L_Franko Moderator 13 Nov 2012 10:17:57 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awesome game! It has been a while since I picked up a BR but it felt so good. I've not touched a Halo game for a while, very stupid of me becuase once I'd slapped the disc into the xbox and fired it up my smile just kept getting bigger with every passing moment. I've not touched the multiplayer becuase I traditionally I always complete the campaign of a new Halo game first but I may break that tonight as I have a need to kill real people.

Anyway, campaign is good fun and not only does it look fantastic but the sounds are also very good, the AR sounds like it has much more power behind it than in other Halos.
    Started my first playthrough on Heroic before I destroy Legendary but so far it seems to be a little easier than past games. The AI seems a little tame so far but hopefully it is a little better in Legendary.
    I've pulled off some rather groovy moves to get myself out of tight spots already so I can feel the skillz flooding back.

Really glad I talked myself into buying this yesterday, problem is that all I'll be thinking about today at work is getting home to play it some more.
  • sanctusmortis 13 Nov 2012 11:03:09 9,627 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heroic's no slouch, but Legendary's brutal. Is it me or are Elites more agile in the higher difficulties?
  • altitude2k 13 Nov 2012 11:20:46 3,729 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Heroic's no slouch, but Legendary's brutal. Is it me or are Elites more agile in the higher difficulties?
    Space ninjas!
  • matrim83 13 Nov 2012 11:25:37 5,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I dont mind the Elites, the Noob combo does them in no matter what the difficulty is. The Prom Knights are a whole another story.

Problem with them is unlike Elites there is no way to take them down quick or easy.

Valar morghulis.

• sanctusmortis 13 Nov 2012 11:30:42 9,627 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Knights are pretty dumb and often patrol. When they do, assassinate and back off.
  • L_Franko Moderator 13 Nov 2012 11:48:01 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was trying to find a weak point to the knights last night but couldn't see one so started taking them apart with one of their fancy shotguns.
  • mcmonkeyplc 13 Nov 2012 12:02:47 39,384 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Scattershot to the face normally kills a knight...then again if you miss you're fucked.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Lutz 13 Nov 2012 12:17:34 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sanctus; good advice, except that on legendary the Knights are fucking psychic. I've never managed to assassinate on legendary. Plus, they're not often alone. If they don't have another Knight with them then they'll have a watcher. OK, so you can kill that then attempt assassination, but that becomes a bit too long winded, and lest we forget that they're fucking psychic.

Noob combo works on Knights too in a fashion; one over charged PP will strip their shields. They take a couple of headshots though.

A lot of people are bigging up the Scattergun... I think I'd best learn how to use it.
  • Deckard1 13 Nov 2012 12:24:46 27,069 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Theres no learning needed really. Its a shotgun.
  • Lutz 13 Nov 2012 12:25:45 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    With a much slower bullet speed, and IMO a larger spread too.
  • binky Moderator 13 Nov 2012 12:26:53 9,409 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I assassinated a knight on legendary last night (on Sparton Ops). Easiest way I found of doing it (for a cheevo) was to use the Evade pickup and got in close, evaded to the back of him then bosh!

(lucky) :)
  • Deckard1 13 Nov 2012 12:29:19 27,069 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    With a much slower bullet speed, and IMO a larger spread too.
    Its a shotgun. Shoot fucking things in the face with it. The fucking things die. Repeat.
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2012 12:30:14 58,782 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its still a shotgun. Running up behind an elite and literally obliterating it will never get old.

But the knights are just too boring to fight. You have to get rid of those flying cunts first and then you either chip away at them long range or go in close and unload a clip, hoping that they dont teleport away so you have to do it all again.

The dogs are quite good as a new enemy, they certainly give you headshot practice, but the knights are terrible.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• scuffpuppies 13 Nov 2012 13:19:21 254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Any of you guys know what day the Sparten Ops episodes are to be released?

XBL: Scuffy P
    PSN: Scuffy_P
    NN: ScuffyP

• RelaxedMikki 13 Nov 2012 13:27:21 927 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    30 minutes slayer at lunch just brought a swift end to my positive kill/death ratio.

Man, the unemployed are good at online shooters...!

I found it very difficult to deal with skilled players wielding shotguns on some of those narrow rooms and stairwells. Bastards kept jumping at me from miles away and shot-gunning me in the head from point blank range. Seems like bunny-hopping is back in.

Does the bumper-jumper control put jump on the bumper and armour power on A? That might be a good scheme.
  • TechnoHippy 13 Nov 2012 13:29:23 14,698 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I found the beam rifle quite effective against knights. Two shots to put one down (on heroic).

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 13 November 2012 13:54:05
    binky wrote:
    I assassinated a knight on legendary last night (on Sparton Ops). Easiest way I found of doing it (for a cheevo) was to use the Evade pickup and got in close, evaded to the back of him then bosh!

(lucky) :)
    What achievement ?
  • jambii267 13 Nov 2012 13:58:24 1,359 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is a achievement for assassinating a Knight in a Spartan Ops mission.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• matrim83 13 Nov 2012 14:05:21 5,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On Legendary it still takes the Scattershot 2 hits up close and personal to kill a knight. And if you miss one of those hits you are as good as dead.

I think the Watchers fuck up the combat with the Knights. I dont mind them shooting at me and I dont mind them throwing back the grenades. But resurrecting the bastards is an asshole move. Worse, if you try to kill the Watchers at long range the fuckers run away behind cover.

I am still having fun though. Mostly because fighting the Covies was becoming sort of predictable.

Edited by matrim83 at 14:07:37 13-11-2012

Valar morghulis.

• Deleted user 13 November 2012 14:14:00
    Oh because I assassinated several in campaign, best do it on Spartan ops too then.
  • kalel 13 Nov 2012 14:15:25 86,260 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any tips on the new grenades? I don't really get what they do.
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2012 14:17:21 58,782 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    I found the beam rifle quite effective against knights. Two shots to put one down (on heroic).
    Great news as thats the most common weapon in the game.

He totally called it

• barchetta 13 Nov 2012 14:18:36 1,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Playing through on Legendary solo at the moment. Fighting Covenant comes as a blessed reflief after the prolonged knight/watcher combos I've been dealing with!

I'd put the increased difficulty, compared to my memories of previous entries, down to my getting older/slower/senile.... Will revisit now I'm 'in the groove' and check.
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2012 14:19:01 58,782 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    you throw them at an enemy who immediately dodges or teleports out of the way. There seems to be no other use for them.

Or any grenade, to be honest. They are all fucking crap now. At least sticky still works.

He totally called it

• Deckard1 13 Nov 2012 14:19:28 27,069 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    They sap shield energy. Also if you stand in the blast radius of one you've thrown it recharges your shield energy. Again, only if you have thrown it though.
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2012 14:25:58 58,782 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is that like an Alt-F4 tip or does that actually work?

He totally called it

• Deckard1 13 Nov 2012 14:27:37 27,069 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah it definitely works. I've found it fairly essential on my legendary play through.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last