Halo 4 Page 95

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• dunts 7 Nov 2012 15:52:08 4,036 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm quite enjoying Dominion. They should perhaps make it a little longer, maybe to 500 and not 400. The game can also be over very quickly if one teams caps all the bases, then you just have to kill the remaining enemies before they cap one to win. The survivors are given an overshield and have a big oddball style target on their head as well. An organised team will win.

The Mantis is cool. It has a melee/stamp thing for when they get close. You can fire all the rockets at once if you hold down the left trigger and charge it up. I'm having most fun in the covenant vehicles, though. They aren't all that different but I seem to having joy with them.

There was one hilarious double splatter, they both just dropped down in front of my speeding Ghost. It was rather unexpected and delightful. The Banshee's cannon is quite deadly and the first time I got in a Wraith I got a Running Riot! Almost half of those kills came from one guy thinking he could jetpack towards me. He was relentless, i'll give him that.

Most of the weapons make an appearance in Dominion as well, and quite regularly with bases resupplying every 45 seconds or thereabouts.
  • dunts 7 Nov 2012 15:56:17 4,036 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Haven't touched campaign yet but close to 30 games online and must say that - as usual - I am loving online Halo. Only online multiplayer game I enjoy.

Are 343 doing a "bungie.net" type thing?
    http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/
  • mcmonkeyplc 7 Nov 2012 16:13:50 38,900 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started playing at 1 for a lunch time session...ended up being 3:30 when I looked at my emails again.

Whoops!

I can see now why people are raving about the graphics. Amazing how the xbox can do this.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 7 Nov 2012 16:21:23 55,912 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    1)Whats going on with elites? The carbine can one shot grunts and jackals but it takes a full clip to off them.
    Wasn't that always the case? Headshots kill them all in one shot but elites have shields to get rid of first.
    Yeah, but this feels ridiculous. I dunno, maybe im out of practice, but I cant remember it taking *that*long to wear an elites shield down before.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 16:24:52
    @dunts

Loved my handful of Dominion games last night, but the red shield doors were a bit confusing to me. I noticed on Longbow once they come online the only attacking entry into the bases was via dropping in through the holes in the roofs, but another match on Vortex had the red shields block entry to the capture points but there didn't seem to be ANY ways around them - meaning capturing a station back seemed impossible?? Was I missing something, an unshielded route perhaps? I know the central base has a vent which shoots attackers up inside, but the two zones on the edges of the map were just makeshift tunnel bases with red shield barriers blocking my attack.

Anyone know?
  • andywilkie35 7 Nov 2012 16:27:44 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dunts thanks mate :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• sanctusmortis 7 Nov 2012 16:55:16 9,590 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has anywhere worked out what the text is at the end of the last terminal video yet? Just been and got them all, and watched them back to back.
  • dunts 7 Nov 2012 16:55:40 4,036 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CaptainQuint

Just shoot the shields or melee them. They break quite quickly. Once your team captures the base, it puts up shields of your teams colour. Only your team can walk in and out freely. The enemy team has to break them to get through.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 16:58:46
    Ah, now I see! Thanks bud, never would have thought in a million years they were destructible, what with me being a total thicko an all. Cheers!
  • cyber_nicco 7 Nov 2012 17:13:29 460 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Testing...
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Nov 2012 17:18:28 36,299 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plasma pistol for the elites - hit them with a fully charged shot to take out their shields, then change to another weapon and headshot them.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Rich72 7 Nov 2012 17:49:54 530 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Plasma pistol for the elites - hit them with a fully charged shot to take out their shields, then change to another weapon and headshot them.
    the only way I made it through Halo 2 legendary in one piece! felt cheap but was my only way forward.

GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 17:56:11
    It's not cheap if it's by design, which it was.
  • Vortex808 7 Nov 2012 18:07:09 6,570 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Balls. Still no package from zavvi. This was supposed to have been posted on sunday FFS!

How long does stuff take to arrive from them usually? They were quick with binary domain. Admittedly, once it was cheaper.

I'm beginning to wonder if my package has gone awol in the post.
  • DUFFKING 7 Nov 2012 18:12:57 6,489 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    DUFFKING wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    1)Whats going on with elites? The carbine can one shot grunts and jackals but it takes a full clip to off them.
    Wasn't that always the case? Headshots kill them all in one shot but elites have shields to get rid of first.
    Yeah, but this feels ridiculous. I dunno, maybe im out of practice, but I cant remember it taking *that*long to wear an elites shield down before.
    They take a lot less punishment than they did in Reach.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 18:23:12
    In Reach the white elites would laugh at bullets.
  • sanctusmortis 7 Nov 2012 18:23:13 9,590 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Crikey. Tried to work out the terminal code and have fallen down the cipher hole. There's all sorts of hidden terminal codes!
  • CharlieStCloud 7 Nov 2012 18:45:02 4,700 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only played the first fifteen minutes and whilst the visuals are startlingly good for an ageing piece of hardware, the field of vision is probably the worse in all of the Halo games; it is like looking through a pair of binoculars!

*sighs*

... hopefully I will get used to it.
  • oceanmotion 7 Nov 2012 19:20:57 15,256 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The wait continues...

It's shite, I am not missing much.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Nov 2012 19:22:46 36,299 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Only played the first fifteen minutes and whilst the visuals are startlingly good for an ageing piece of hardware, the field of vision is probably the worse in all of the Halo games; it is like looking through a pair of binoculars!

*sighs*

... hopefully I will get used to it.
    Actually you're looking through a visor in a helmet.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Vortex808 7 Nov 2012 19:28:38 6,570 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    The wait continues...

Ordered with Zavvi too by any chance?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Nov 2012 19:31:36 24,577 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finally have my copy.

I am excited.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 19:35:53
    Anyone know if you can local search in matchmaking like you could in Reach?
  • SomaticSense 7 Nov 2012 19:42:32 7,050 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Balls. Still no package from zavvi. This was supposed to have been posted on sunday FFS!

How long does stuff take to arrive from them usually? They were quick with binary domain. Admittedly, once it was cheaper.
    In my experience Zavvi are awful. Some others around here get on alright with them so it might be location related, but I won't go near them with a bargepole even for the cheapo bargains.
  • Vortex808 7 Nov 2012 19:49:46 6,570 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:

In my experience Zavvi are awful. Some others around here get on alright with them so it might be location related, but I won't go near them with a bargepole even for the cheapo bargains.
    I am of the same opinion now SomaticSense.

Never again.
  • beastmaster 7 Nov 2012 19:55:31 10,184 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone used Smartglass with this?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• sanctusmortis 7 Nov 2012 20:00:01 9,590 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @beastmaster I only got the update to the app on iOS earlier, haven't tried yet but all it seems to do is give you stats.
  • oceanmotion 7 Nov 2012 20:19:19 15,256 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    The wait continues...

Ordered with Zavvi too by any chance?
    Tesco. Hopefully tomorrow.
  • nickthegun 7 Nov 2012 20:22:35 55,912 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    In Reach the white elites would laugh at bullets.
    OH yeah, those guys were bastards

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• christourlord 7 Nov 2012 20:27:58 2,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's... more Halo? I've never been a big Halo fan, but I was expecting this to be different somehow. Finding it difficult to play for more than half an hour at a time before I get bored and frustrated. I really can't understand the universal praise it's getting.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last