Halo 4 Page 93

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• johnson81 7 Nov 2012 10:40:57 389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @rich72

There is a definite delay in the pistol, can be annoying especially when you've got a head shot lined up. Halfway through level 3 on Legendary Solo, those Knights take the piss. Five hits to hit the flying sentinel thing and then about another 10 head shots with the rifle.
  • Vortex808 7 Nov 2012 10:41:26 7,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If my copy doesn't arrive today I am *never* ordering from Zavvi ever again. I got the 'It's in the post' mail on sunday FFS!
  • Jono62 7 Nov 2012 10:45:27 14,253 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    If my copy doesn't arrive today I am *never* ordering from Zavvi ever again. I got the 'It's in the post' mail on sunday FFS!
    How much did you pay for the privilege of having it delivered late? It's 35 in Argos.
  • Lukus 7 Nov 2012 10:51:56 19,360 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only played briefly last night on legendary, but the Elites and Grunts seems to go down really easily compared to previous Halos. It seems wrong...

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 10:54:56
    What is the Flood mode all about then? Is it a horde mode?
  • Vortex808 7 Nov 2012 10:56:47 7,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:
    How much did you pay for the privilege of having it delivered late? It's 35 in Argos.
    About the same if you factor in quidco cashback.

I should've just gone Shopto instead of trying to chisel 1.50 or so back from quidco!
  • RedSparrows 7 Nov 2012 11:01:39 23,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    No, it's Infection.
  • acousticwilliam 7 Nov 2012 11:04:14 795 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tesco Direct for 30 delivered, should arrive Thursday. I'm too busy to enjoy it until the weekend anyway so I'm not fussed. First 360 game I've bought since my self-imposed 'new game on release day' ban 2 years ago. I feel proud like Hulk Hogan.

NNID: Willum

• RedSparrows 7 Nov 2012 11:10:50 23,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Only played briefly last night on legendary, but the Elites and Grunts seems to go down really easily compared to previous Halos. It seems wrong...
    I think Reach buffed them up a lot (especially on Legendary, where some could take ludicrous levels of damage), whereas 4 feels closer to Halo 3... just with elites. So Halo 2. Long way back.

Having said that, I hit a grunt with 8 carbine shots on Legendary, before it died. Admittedly none were near the head, and it turned into a savage experiment, but I was pretty annoyed.

Edited by RedSparrows at 11:15:59 07-11-2012
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 11:12:26
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Apostle wrote:
    No, it's Infection.
    Oh right, cool. I shall be playing that a fair bit then.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 11:28:13
    Alright some initial thoughts/observations having played the campaign for about an hour. It's worth pointing out I went into Halo 4 with minimal expectations but I am a Halo fan and consider Reach an exceptional game.

Graphically surprisingly not that great. The lighting is quite good but enemies are very low poly and far less intricate than in Reach. Shields don't pulse on the Jackals and a lot of other incidental details have been dialed back presumably to make room for the new lighting system.

The controls feel a bit 'off' and just don't feel like Halo but upping the responsiveness to 4 helped somewhat. The targeting reticle is less precise than in Reach which means being surgical with headshots less satisfying.

So far (admittedly not that far) level design has been extremely linear but hopefully things will span out into a proper Halo experience.

The good news is weapons sound and feel great. Very punchy and satisfying to use.

The music is very good and a change from the usual Halo style that was starting to wear a bit thin and became overfamiliar.

Edited by oi at 11:30:26 07-11-2012
  • Rich72 7 Nov 2012 11:30:04 534 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I actually don't mind the new sound of the grunts, hearing them murmuring is quite otherworldly. Did disappoint at first but overall the audio is very good indeed, rivalling Battlefield for beef. For once, it actually didn't offend me to use an assault rifle when I had to. Love the music too.

The hog on the other hand...

GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

• Rich72 7 Nov 2012 11:36:33 534 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oi... it is definitely more 2 than 3 in terms of scale but they maintain the illusion of vastness superbly well.

• RedSparrows 7 Nov 2012 11:52:31 23,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It does feel more linear, but going back to it there are still many superb, open, combat areas.
  • Lukus 7 Nov 2012 12:07:27 19,360 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    I think Reach buffed them up a lot (especially on Legendary, where some could take ludicrous levels of damage), whereas 4 feels closer to Halo 3... just with elites. So Halo 2. Long way back.

Having said that, I hit a grunt with 8 carbine shots on Legendary, before it died. Admittedly none were near the head, and it turned into a savage experiment, but I was pretty annoyed.
    Hmm, well I played Anniversary a month or two ago and the Elites definitely took more of a beating. Plus it seems like their shields don't recharge, or at least take longer to, in this game. Obviously I'm still early in so probably a bit too early to say for sure.

Edited by Lukus at 12:08:43 07-11-2012

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 12:14:14
    thenastypasty wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    thenastypasty wrote:
    The frag grenade needs beefing up a bit, it was driving me mad last night dropping one at the feet of people and it not even popping their shields.
    The AoE seems much reduced. Might grow to be a real irritation, but at least it's not the hand-held nukes of Reach...!

I found it a right a right pain in the arse when trying to take on 2 people, before you could lob a frag then pop them off with a couple of head shots. Now you have to be a lot more careful when engaging multiple enemy's because of the lack of AoE of the frags.
    Grenade kills from the grave are as frequent as killtaculars now, which is to say: not often.
  • Rich72 7 Nov 2012 12:17:54 534 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the on screen grenade warning is a little too helpful to be honest. nothing like the blind panic of not quite knowing which way to run.

• RedSparrows 7 Nov 2012 12:18:02 23,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Lukus wrote:

Hmm, well I played Anniversary a month or two ago and the Elites definitely took more of a beating. Plus it seems like their shields don't recharge, or at least take longer to, in this game. Obviously I'm still early in so probably a bit too early to say for sure.
    I hadn't noticed their shields go back up either - admittedly because I usually killed them off quick.

Perhaps they nerfed the covies a bit to make the Prometheans feel more menacing?
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 12:18:51
    I think they've dialled back the grenade aoe because of the resupply perk.

I'm assuming the grenade enhancing perk will make up for it?
  • Rich72 7 Nov 2012 12:21:04 534 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 12:23:16
    oi wrote:
    Alright some initial thoughts/observations having played the campaign for about an hour. It's worth pointing out I went into Halo 4 with minimal expectations but I am a Halo fan and consider Reach an exceptional game.

Graphically surprisingly not that great. The lighting is quite good but enemies are very low poly and far less intricate than in Reach. Shields don't pulse on the Jackals and a lot of other incidental details have been dialed back presumably to make room for the new lighting system.

The controls feel a bit 'off' and just don't feel like Halo but upping the responsiveness to 4 helped somewhat. The targeting reticle is less precise than in Reach which means being surgical with headshots less satisfying.

So far (admittedly not that far) level design has been extremely linear but hopefully things will span out into a proper Halo experience.

The good news is weapons sound and feel great. Very punchy and satisfying to use.

The music is very good and a change from the usual Halo style that was starting to wear a bit thin and became overfamiliar.
    I agree with you on the poly front, sometimes it looks awful, sometimes it looks great. I think we're just dealing with the fact that the xbox is archaic now. Somewhere in 343 they have this playing on something up to the task.

I would definitely agree that it's more 2 than 3 in terms of scope, I can't wait for the next gen Halo game now to see it all ramped up.

I don't agree that the reticle is imprecise though, haven't had a problem so far.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 12:27:51
    @RedSparrows
    I'm assuming shields take longer to charge.

The wraith is nerfed almost beyond all usefulness. The mortar splash damage is tiny. Combined with the huge aim upwards to hit far targets makes targetting a bitch. Not keen so far.

On legendary the Promethean Knights are just bullet sponges. I can't seem to find anything other than ordnance to deal with them efficiently.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 12:30:30
    I guess it's a matter of taste and priorities. I'll take the overall substantial fidelity upgrade in the environments over the admittedly superb past intricacies of Bungie's character models. Every time. Besides, it's not as if the models look shit - they're still excellently realised.
  • Bawsy74 7 Nov 2012 12:31:15 178 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Loving this.

Despite owning all the Halos, I've never really given the Multiplayer a fair whack.

I have since seen the way of "Bumper Jumper". Wow, I can now jump without taking my finger off the right stick. So much better. This could be the Halo that takes up a lot of my gaming time...
  • Rich72 7 Nov 2012 12:33:30 534 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it's the palette I think which doesn't help the detail in some cases... it's all very muted now which does add to the sense of realism but loses a little 'halo' for me. I do actually like the slight greying down of the colours but some of it I thought was dialled back a little too far.

WTF was that ghost escape bit for? bloody awful 2 minutes

• Physically_Insane 7 Nov 2012 12:38:16 9,104 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're all fucking cunts. I have to buy this now!
  • Ziz0u 7 Nov 2012 12:42:06 8,555 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    You're all fucking cunts. I have to buy this now!
    +1

Assuming the repairs to my car don't max out my credit card.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 12:45:33
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    oi wrote:

I agree with you on the poly front, sometimes it looks awful, sometimes it looks great. I think we're just dealing with the fact that the xbox is archaic now. Somewhere in 343 they have this playing on something up to the task.

I would definitely agree that it's more 2 than 3 in terms of scope, I can't wait for the next gen Halo game now to see it all ramped up.

I don't agree that the reticle is imprecise though, haven't had a problem so far.
    It's not imprecise per se but less precise than the reticle in Reach.
  • GiarcYekrub 7 Nov 2012 13:03:21 3,823 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anybody know the chronology of the Spartan Ops story, does it spoil the campain if you haven't finished?
  • NOSAVIOUR 7 Nov 2012 13:08:43 2,809 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's set after the campaign I know that so leaving until I've done the campaign.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last