Halo 4 Page 60

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• sanctusmortis 20 Oct 2012 09:52:28 9,631 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Murby by custom games, yes, and by squadding up, I imagine so. I don't think they'll do away with Halo 3/Reach's 4 players to a box online standard.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 12:14:09
    Re a movie, peter Jackson was in a producer, the director of district 13, script done by guy from beach n 28 days later. Universal or fox agreed a budget of something like 50 million but Microsoft wanted it to be more 80 million or more so the film studios pulled out.

That's why there is no film.

Re trailer, am I the only one who thinks the new ai enemies look terrible? What's with the flaming face?????? Stupid.
    Apart from that it was pretty good like all halo launch trailers. Odst one personal favourite.
  • Cadence 20 Oct 2012 12:23:46 1,687 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to echo other's comments - the latest FUD episode is brilliant! The end in particular was very well done.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 12:34:27
    For a respectably budgeted science fiction 'web episode' , I suppose it was.

Outside of that new breed of medium though, I fail to see what was particularly special about it. The cadet interactions still have an cringy air of Grange Hill 2550 about them, which I find distracting.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 12:45:04
    While I agree with Quint I am still judging the series as an extended advert and as such I'm quite impressed overall.

Sure the cadets' melodramas are more than a little meh but what I got excited about last night was the fact that all the Haloey ships and stuff look right. It gave me a little nerdgasm at the end. I'm more interested to know what happens in this than I have in any Halo lore previously which is a boon.

I think Microsoft should just bite the bullet and fund the Halo film wholesale and put 343i to work overseeing it. It would definitely benefit from the little details being correct and then all weaved into the game series extended canon.

Too many film adaptions alter the source material to fit a more 'movie' like experience that is usually not called for.

@CaptainQuint

Thanks for the feedback on Halo 4, I can't wait to play it now. I'm pretty pleased to hear there are Forge variants in too. That would have been a missed opportunity otherwise.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 12:49:31 20-10-2012
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 13:13:25
    Yeah the bit at the end was cool but can't get past how "gay" the characters are. If they were the unsc then they all might as well shoot themselves in the head rather than fight.
    In the military dont enlisted people call female officers ma'am?
    They keep calling the commanding officer sir, sounds wrong.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 14:09:49
    I think they were going for an androgynous military mentality. It did seem weird at first but it does make sense.

There is no gender in war soldier.

Hoo rah.
  • oceanmotion 20 Oct 2012 14:11:24 15,925 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Re a movie, peter Jackson was in a producer, the director of district 13, script done by guy from beach n 28 days later. Universal or fox agreed a budget of something like 50 million but Microsoft wanted it to be more 80 million or more so the film studios pulled out.

That's why there is no film.
    District 9, too many District something or others being named now.

I think they were okay with the budget, they just didn't want to give that budget to Blomkamp and free reign to Microsoft.

Film studios spunk 200-250 million on absolute shite that flops or just about scrapes by. I think Halo would be a relatively equal or safe bet at a moderate budget. The film studios just hate not having a lot of say in the film.

Edited by oceanmotion at 14:12:12 20-10-2012
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 14:39:38
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    I think they were going for an androgynous military mentality. It did seem weird at first but it does make sense.

Hoo rah.
    No, spoken to a friend and it is sir and ma'am.

What are the female infantry meant to do to the insurrectionists? The main girl could kiss them to death with those lips. The main character could cry them to death. Odst live trailer had tough lookng cast.
  • Lukus 20 Oct 2012 14:47:33 19,104 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Hoo rah.
    No, spoken to a friend and it is sir and ma'am.

What are the female infantry meant to do to the insurrectionists? The main girl could kiss them to death with those lips. The main character could cry them to death. Odst live trailer had tough lookng cast.
    You're arguing about whether a fictional set of characters in a fictional world in a fictional army should be using Sir or Ma'am?

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 20 October 2012 15:01:01
    The presumed dead older brother is the best actor in this. That Narnia girl is dreadfully miscast, but to be fair to her she'd only look right in a corset with a bonnet on her head, in some Jane Austen adaptation.
  • RedSparrows 20 Oct 2012 22:07:31 22,595 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some people should always be in corsets.
  • sanctusmortis 20 Oct 2012 23:10:10 9,631 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In the books, all military personnel regardless of gender are Sir. The non-military personnel, such as Halsey, are Ma'am.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 01:50:23
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Some people should always be in corsets.
    Filthy sparrow.

Carry on.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 01:52:42
    @revan8

Sorry, I meant fictional. I know what the real world military jargon is.

It makes sense in the future for us humans to get past the equality issue.

It's already been proven, we're equal. The whole not being able to recreate before both are present (or body fluids) negates any other argument.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 07:29:22
    @AdamAsunder it isn't really equality issue is it. It us like Mr and Mrs , I don't want to be called Mr.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 09:03:03
    Just count your lucky stars you're not having to use communal changing rooms yet, Madam!

Edited by CaptainQuint at 09:03:31 21-10-2012
  • Mr-Brett 21 Oct 2012 09:44:05 12,787 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    For a respectably budgeted science fiction 'web episode' , I suppose it was.
    Personally I'm enjoying a lot more than a lot of TV Sci-fi. Sure it's no Battlestar but compared to the likes of Outcasts, Revolution and Terra Nova it comes off quite favourably.

revan8 wrote:
    What are the female infantry meant to do to the insurrectionists?
    Shoot them, presumably.

Portable view - Never forget.

• captainrentboy 21 Oct 2012 12:15:05 991 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agree with the majority here, FUD (particularly this week's episode) has turned out far better than I thought it would. The geeky guy and the asian are particularly poor actors, but the lead isn't too bad.
    Thankfully the budget they saved on good actors does seem to have gone on the effects, which for a cheapy web series are top notch.
    The appearance of the Elites and their initial attack was surprisingly effective.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 13:11:06
    @revan8

I like being called Mrs.

Horses Courses.

: P

Nice guinea pig by the way. I have three of the buggers.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 13:14:31
    @captainrentboy

That bit at the end with the ships and the elite really was quite affecting.

My favourite bits are definitely the starting bits with the chief in stasis. That sets an excellent tone that I hope the game carries forward.

Two weeks to go. Woooooot!

That's if Shopto get it to me the weekend before.
  • Scurrminator 22 Oct 2012 15:08:44 8,411 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The soundtrack is on spotify.
    Don't worry about titles/spoilers - thy don't seem to give much away. This is a brand new soundtrack though. Literally ZERO Halo themes at all. Just sounds like a kind of generic soundtrack. I never really liked the Halo music; but it at least had a theme.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 22 October 2012 15:20:26
    is it classical or more like the dreadful trailer music?
  • Cadence 22 Oct 2012 15:23:14 1,687 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @AdamAsunder twoooo weeeeeeeeks.
  • Cadence 22 Oct 2012 15:24:30 1,687 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @revan8 it's pretty good, modern orchestral stuff.
  • Scurrminator 22 Oct 2012 15:34:10 8,411 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @revan8 It's orchestral. And there is no DNB in the main soundtrack, though there are remixes of tracks which is probably what they used.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• RedSparrows 22 Oct 2012 15:34:35 22,595 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really doubt you'll get the full impact of the music until you play.

If it's poor then, so be it.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 15:42:00
    music is very important in games, can enhance the drama that is on screen. if it is terrible music it ruins the experience. every halo, except a couple of rock tracks in halo 2, has had great music.
  • RedSparrows 22 Oct 2012 15:43:46 22,595 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I understand the concept, hence my comment.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 15:46:18
    RedSparrows wrote:

If it's poor then, so be it.
    like you not bothered
  • Page

of 173 First / Last