Halo 4 Page 58

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• sanctusmortis 14 Oct 2012 13:59:20 9,628 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @CaptainQuint the standard piratical trail. But they are spoiler laced.
  • Deleted user 14 October 2012 17:42:35
    So c'mon el Capitano. What say you? Was it any good? More importantly, what's that last multiplayer map?
  • Nades 14 Oct 2012 21:44:53 1,194 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    Why not? Oh, are you one of those Halo fan's who is ultra sensitive to 343i's harmless concessions to newcomers and their updating of the franchise; moving away very slightly from the exact same template we've had for last ten years?

Blegh.
    But are you honestly suggesting that implementing QTEs is a change for the better? All they do is take control from the hands of the player, when historically Halo has always been about leaving total control in the hands of the player in a relatively large but linear environment.

Just because we might not like the inclusion of QTEs doesn't mean we're not open to 343 bringing in meaningful new gameplay ideas.
    What I'm saying is in reality the QTEs are a minute addition to the overall campaign sweep and are likely to be entirely forgotten about almost as quickly as it took to execute them. They will be insignificant in the greater scheme of the gameplay experience, but they do allow idiot players to go Ooo, ahhh... at relatively little expense. It's harmless fluff, that all.

I maintain that the only people complaining about them turning up in Halo are the ultra sensitive fans suffering from acute elevated gaming importance syndrome. Nobody else really gives a shit, people with other things filling their day, life and stuff, putting the kids to bed and tidying up the living room.
    What are QTE's?

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• CharlieStCloud 14 Oct 2012 21:58:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    What are QTE's?
    Queen's Tingling Earlobes.

... or Quick Time Event, one of the two!
  • Nades 14 Oct 2012 22:10:58 1,194 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud
    Hmm, ok thanks =D

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Deleted user 15 October 2012 08:22:43
    New vidoc on waypoint. 13 minutes of multiplayer majesty. Can't link cos I'm on the phone.
  • thenastypasty 15 Oct 2012 08:30:05 5,180 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do you mean this one Jive?

• Deleted user 15 October 2012 09:00:44
    That's the stuff. Cheers Mr. Pasty.
  • jagg3r 15 Oct 2012 09:35:50 1,030 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Muliplayer does look really good.Might just renew my sub to play this. I played the 1st level over the weekend,graphically its by far the best looking halo, some of the lighting effects are really good for a console game, really enjoyed the 1st level, 2nd level felt like a bit of a grind but i was really tired.
  • evilashchris 15 Oct 2012 09:55:47 6,970 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Valhalla! \o/

Twitter: @COToole

• RedSparrows 15 Oct 2012 10:02:39 22,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Multi looks great.

Will be nice to finally get the game and work out which MP modes have which features.

Seems Infinity Slayer is the CoD-size fits all part, and the rest has no ordnance/join in play.

Inf. Slayer will be good to play whilst getting people together, and then you can go play something without DAMN POWER WEAPONS RAINING FROM THE SKY.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 10:03:27
    RedSparrows wrote:
    So Ihear maybe no Assault?

:(

And no Chopper [not unexpected]

:(
    There is Grifball so Assault should be easy to implement.
  • RedSparrows 15 Oct 2012 10:05:23 22,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only if you can add a time delay to scoring/able to remove bomb.

Unless you make maps configured so the attackers only have to put the bomb in a spot to win, i.e. football.
  • evilashchris 15 Oct 2012 10:06:33 6,970 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What about hog races? I want rainbow road with grenades.

Twitter: @COToole

• RedSparrows 15 Oct 2012 10:37:26 22,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There'll be SPACE hog races.
  • sanctusmortis 15 Oct 2012 12:25:25 9,628 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From what I have seen elsewhere, Assault may have been replaced with Invasion or the two have been combined somehow (EDIT: this may be Dominion, and it may be that it can be modded to be like Assault and/or Invasion), BTB remains, as do the majority of playlists (not sure if multi-team and team objective haven't become one). Unsure if they kept Arena.

Edited by sanctusmortis at 12:26:51 15-10-2012
  • sanctusmortis 15 Oct 2012 12:33:28 9,628 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh hai thar final map

BASED ON WATERWORKS FUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSS
  • RedSparrows 15 Oct 2012 12:35:54 22,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dominion seems like assault/invasions/territories. Hope it's good.
  • ResidentKnievel 15 Oct 2012 12:36:09 6,181 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    There'll be SPACE hog races.
    OMG

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• jambii267 15 Oct 2012 15:18:46 1,366 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Video has been taken down :(.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Deleted user 15 October 2012 20:36:53
    @RedSparrows

Having looked at some Grifball footage I hadn't realised that the grifball doesn't detonate.

I guess it would have to be Assault without the collateral damage.

Waterworks is in? As Vortex it seems going by the link. The map list on the vidoc only scrolled down to Solace, canny.

That's a lot of vehicle maps, they expressed that focus in the vid.

So we have Solace, Adrift, Abandon, Haven, Complex as more infantry focused and Meltdown, Exile, Ragnorak, Longbow, Vortex for Big Team Battle.

Hopefully they'll put those Forge map variants as well.

Looks like we won't be playing the one map in ol' black screen this time.
  • MatMan562 15 Oct 2012 22:09:00 2,402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does anyone have another link to the video posted above about Infinty multiplayer? THat one has been removed.

Gamespot have posted a video that shows a map being made in Forge and then a bit of 1v1 on it here! The magnets look so damn handy, I might be able to finish a map this time!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Pumpatron 15 Oct 2012 22:38:53 374 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You mean this one here?

It's also available on halo waypoint.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 22:59:11
    Played the first mission and a few minutes of the second before hauling myself away.

Quick thoughts:

Tweaks to the engine coupled with strong art design result in a huge leap in fidelity and graphical polish. This is a significant departure from the Bungie games on a purely aesthetic level. Anti-aliasing solutions, lighting and 720p are instrumental here.This isn't hyperbole - believe the hype: the game is stunning.

Movement and aiming are different to Reach and fall somewhere between Halo and Halo 2. The lack of substandard (imo) Reach-style motion blur add to a sense of clarity in movement.

Here's something not mentioned elsewhere (surprisingly) yet I found it to be startling new and a HUGE change to past games in the series: the Covenant are properly scaled in terms of height for the very first time. Grunts (which sound exactly like gremlins) are LARGE and BEEFY - like big human men; no longer are they little shitty midgets running scared. They look substantial and aggressive here. Unshielded Jackels are tall and lanky. Which brings me to the Elites...

They are fucking MASSIVE. They absolutely tower the Chief and it's awesome.

On Heroic difficulty the AI was VERY aggressive. Lots of flanking from the enemy and the pressure was almost constant. Too early to say, but Heroic felt much tougher here. I appreciated that.

The warthog sounds like a scrambler. Meaty, but sometimes a bit too loud and overbearing.
    The assault rifle sounds great, the pistol sounds shit.

Open sandbox battlefields are present and correct.

The score was rather bland and then towards the end of level one got really fucking exciting and orchestral. No monks on the title screen unfortunately.

No sky box on the outdoor mission I played. Maybe they only managed to squeeze them into multiplayer.

Looks like explosive scripted set pieces play a part. The one I played through never felt "wrong for Halo" and was in fact absolutely thrilling. I retained full control throughout. Think Half-Life meets Halo and you get the gist.

Can't think of anything else just now, but initial impressions, as a Halo fan, are VERY positive.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 23:05:25 15-10-2012
  • MatMan562 15 Oct 2012 23:04:12 2,402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pumpatron wrote:
    You mean this one here?

It's also available on halo waypoint.
    That's the one cheers! Looking very good and i'm started to get a little excited not helped by CaptainQuint's impressions! :-P Thanks for the write-up!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Ror1984 15 Oct 2012 23:24:16 3,062 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @CaptainQuint Thanks for the spoiler-free impressions. Now I'm even more excited! I'm in full-on Halo Fanboy mode - re-reading Glasslands before getting stuck into The Thursday War, and as soon as I finish up Resi 6, I'm replaying Halo 3 (for the hundredth time).

I fucking love the build-up to a new Halo.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 15:04:12
    Hmm, it seems my hunch about the extra difficulty wasn't completely unfounded...

http://www.gamezone.com/products/halo-4/news/you-may-want-to-play-halo-4-on-normal-says-frank-o-connor

Either way, it's Heroic all the way for me! But I'm already beginning to dread Legendary...
  • itinkuravinalaff 16 Oct 2012 15:28:44 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Looking foward to playing this on normal first then like all the halo games, beating it on Legendary!
  • coolbritannia 16 Oct 2012 22:29:43 1,250 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where's got the best pre-order goodies? I am trying to keep calm for this but I'm so damn excited!

PSN Adamosaurus-Rex
    XBL: coolbritannia

• monty2k 17 Oct 2012 17:58:23 242 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @coolbritannia

EG did a round of the pre-order goodies here. GAME and HMV pre-orders net you the most stuff but I've gone with Tesco entertainment as they're running a 5 off deal on all pre-orders at the moment.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last