Halo 4 Page 56

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 10 October 2012 09:21:17
    Finally, a new forge pallete. I'm pleased to see how different this new environment is.

The pieces do look a little bland but the dynamic lighting and different environments should go some way to making Forge variants a lot more interesting aesthetically.

The much more powerful tools should allow for more interesting mechanics too.

IT'S ALMOST OUT!!!!!!!!!

So how are you guys going to tackle this baby?

I'm thinking singleplayer in full on cinema mode interpersed with multiplayer followed by a bit of SpOps. I'm going to have a mess around with Forge too and see if I can't create HogHogger 2.0.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 09:22:19 10-10-2012
  • ResidentKnievel 10 Oct 2012 09:42:20 5,877 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 10:05:38 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks good to me: sure, it's pretty white, but at least that's not the only thing you'll be seeing for 2 years. Also, it's great they've gone to town on the environments for forge: I did not expect a space setting for one of them.

Three palettes = me happy. I am quite sure that with the dynamic lighting and, hopefully, some other effects, Forgers will be able to make some very interesting maps.

Short of a level editor it looks grand.
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 10:05:45 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 10:07:42 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thread borked? Also, is the last Forge map a cave? Looks like sort of one in a short clip.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 10:09:34
    Thread's acting weird for me too. Haven't seen the last forge map yet, what clip have you seen?
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 10:12:33 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Start of the Forge video, or near the start: screen divides into four. Look at top-right.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 10:26:18
    Yeah, you're right. That does look very cave like. You can see shafts of light coming through so it's definitely not impact.

Inter esting.
  • ResidentKnievel 10 Oct 2012 11:16:06 5,877 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope the cave has stalactites you can shoot down

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 11:28:12 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Waterworks remake on day 2. YES PLEASE.

If true...
  • StrikeA 10 Oct 2012 11:31:08 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't wait for this! I live in Jersey so gotta hope HMV do a midnight launch, if so I'll be grabbing it at midnight then going home to play it straight away! :D Got a Saturday booked with the guys to do the campaign on co-op as well, should be awesome! :D
  • sanctusmortis 10 Oct 2012 13:09:26 9,590 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need to hear back from a job interview, or else I'll be late to this :(
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 18:47:48
    It's official: Forge maps WONT get on my bloody nerves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05S3eMBPaHw&sns=em
  • Derblington 10 Oct 2012 18:57:50 20,972 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And we'll have more breaking news, as it happens!
  • oceanmotion 10 Oct 2012 19:07:16 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Today Microsoft and 343 Industries announced renowned Hollywood director David Fincher (“Fight Club,” “The Social Network,” “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”) as executive producer and acclaimed visual effects lead Tim Miller (“Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”) as the director of the launch trailer for the most anticipated blockbuster game of the year, “Halo 4.” In partnership with 343 Industries and agency twofifteenmccann, Fincher and Miller will help deliver an emotionally-charged look at the backstory of “Halo’s” iconic hero, the Master Chief.

The extended two-minute trailer will make its world premiere during the 18 th October episode of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” (airs weeknights on NBC at 11:35pm CT) before the launch of “Halo 4” on 6 th November. It will be available on Halo Waypoint and the Xbox YouTube channel immediately following the broadcast debut (around 6am BST).

Titled “Scanned,” the trailer is an action-packed cinematic production that offers a captivating look at the backstory of Master Chief, and provides a glimpse of the new threat he will encounter in “Halo 4.” Filmed in Prague, “Scanned” continues the franchise’s tradition of expanding the universe through award-winning live-action stories, adding to the lore and anticipation for the next chapter in the landmark franchise that has sold more than 43 million game copies worldwide and generated more than $3 billion in franchise sales.

“I’m excited about the opportunity to direct the ‘Halo 4’ launch trailer in creative partnership with 343 Industries and David Fincher,” said Miller, who also collaborated with Fincher to create the title sequence for the Academy award-winning 2011 film, “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” “‘Halo is one of the most iconic sci-fi universes, with a depth that allows for amazingly cinematic and emotionally riveting stories. The chance to tell a story that explores never-before-seen facets of Master Chief’s journey is an honor. Our goal is to deliver a blockbuster, Hollywood-quality trailer that raises the bar for the award-winning legacy of live-action ‘Halo’ storytelling and gets fans stoked for the return of Master Chief.”

Reinforcing the talent behind the powerhouse team, Fincher stated, “I enjoy collaborating with Tim Miller, who is at the visual and technical forefront of hybridised live-action/CGI – not only pushing the boundary but defining it.”

“As a studio, we’re incredibly excited to be working with one of Hollywood’s most acclaimed directors and one of its top visual effects leads to bring our creative vision for the launch trailer to life,” said 343 Industries’ franchise development director Frank O’Connor. “Their involvement is a testament to the significance of ‘Halo’ as a pop culture touchstone, and we think fans are going to be blown away when they see the final piece.”

Launching worldwide exclusively for Xbox 360 on 6 November 2012, “Halo 4” is the next blockbuster instalment of the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. Developed by 343 Industries, “Halo 4” continues the story of the series’ iconic hero the Master Chief as he returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. “Halo 4” takes the series in a bold new direction by delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, alongside an emotionally resonant story and a ground-breaking multiplayer offering unlike anything before it – setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.

The standard edition of “Halo 4” will be available for £49.99 (RRP), and the Limited Edition, which includes an extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” and additional bonus content, will be available for £69.99 (RRP). Fans can also pick up the Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” Console Bundle for £269.99 (RRP) and a standalone Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” Wireless Controller for £39.99 (RRP). Please visit http://www.xbox.com/Halo-4 for more details.
    Sounds good.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 19:14:01
    Just get Spielberg or Cameron on the movie already, fuck sake!
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 21:10:29
    when is forward unto dawn episode 2?
  • DFawkes 10 Oct 2012 21:37:56 22,063 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Friday. I only remember because both Friday and Forward Unto Down begin with F, which isn't the best way to remember but it works for me :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 10 October 2012 23:19:33
    I wasn't completely appalled by the first episode, which genuinely surprised me.

Can't believe Fincher is directing a Halo advert. They're chucking money at this.
  • oceanmotion 11 Oct 2012 21:44:21 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It looks like Halo 4 has escaped the printing presses.

Watch out for spoilers.
  • Fat_Pigeon 12 Oct 2012 10:02:28 9,790 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blackout it is then :(
  • RedSparrows 12 Oct 2012 10:15:32 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Forge maps look cool - would have been nice if they had showed the pieces for the cave map.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 10:21:35
    I think the same pieces are spread across all three palettes, which is a shame.
  • kinky_mong 12 Oct 2012 10:46:28 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Can't believe Fincher is directing a Halo advert.
    Neither can I, usually he only puts his name to good stories!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• RedSparrows 12 Oct 2012 10:50:16 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    I don't think that's the case. They said each had some unique pieces at least, and the first Forge map we saw, Ravine, definitely didn't have the same white pieces as Impact.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 10:50:33
    kinky_mong wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Can't believe Fincher is directing a Halo advert.
    Neither can I, usually he only puts his name to good stories!
    Ha! Yes indeed. Maybe he's got his eyes on a new house/boat/island.

I wonder how phoned in it's going to be. I gotta say I wouldn't have put Fincher's style with Halo. Although he has branched out in recent times, Social Network wasn't particularly Seven esque.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 10:52:46
    RedSparrows wrote:
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    I don't think that's the case. They said each had some unique pieces at least, and the first Forge map we saw, Ravine, definitely didn't have the same white pieces as Impact.
    What I liked most about the Cave forge map was how varied it was. You could stage a map quite a few places and it would look fairly individual.

Was odd that they didn't show the forge palette for it though. It led me to believe it didn't have its own pieces.
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Oct 2012 11:02:43 38,899 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just make the fucking GOD DAMNED CUNTING FILM YOU FAT FUCKS!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 12 October 2012 11:03:19
    RedSparrows wrote:
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    If you're right then that's great news. I admit I was going off the videos I've seen so far - in which the UNSC structures featured heavily, both on the Ravine canvas and the asteroid belt one.
  • RedSparrows 12 Oct 2012 11:04:59 20,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully they are differentiated.

They definitely have said there are unique pieces for each map - whether that means 3 or 30, who knows.

I am positive Ravine, whilst looking similar to Impact, was a different tone etc.

Having three different environments will really help, at least. Plus it looks like you can build all over the shop - in the ravine itself, in free-space, just above that green-blue lake, etc.

Edited by RedSparrows at 11:05:59 12-10-2012
  • Page

of 173 First / Last