Halo 4 Page 51

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 1 October 2012 10:48:22
    matrim83 wrote:

<3
    Yep, I'm convinced Bungie's environment artists didn't do Halo any favours.
  • RedSparrows 1 Oct 2012 10:51:08 22,327 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What?! Halo has always had good-to-superlative environmental artwork/'skyboxes etc.

Except that Halo 2 fog map.
  • matrim83 1 Oct 2012 11:26:49 5,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe Quint meant the lighting, ground textures/look etc.

But yeah, Bungie did some amazing work when it comes to art and backdrops. Halo 2 SP had some of the best Skyboxes/artwork in the series/videogames in general, esp the flood levels on Delhi Halo. Halo 3 was pretty great at times too.

Reach was when Bungie dropped the ball IMO.

Valar morghulis.

• Deleted user 1 October 2012 12:00:54
    Really? For me Reach was when Bungie finally beautified the franchise. Largely gone were the blocks and right angles of previous titles worlds.

I love the broad aesthetic of Bungie's Halo, but I have always found their environmental details rather sparse and even bland. Featureless. I dunno, a corridor on a human spaceship should never look generic; which is why I'm really encouraged by the art and details of 343i's own moody response.

Remember when that great bay door opened in Halo 3 and your Scorpion rolled out to a massive assault in the ancient Forunner sands? It's just as well the gameplay there was spectacular; because the actual environment itself looked like an unfinished prototype they accidentally left in the game.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 12:02:37 01-10-2012
  • sanctusmortis 1 Oct 2012 12:56:53 9,628 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For me, Halo 2 was the peak of Bungie's art direction. No, wait, that other one. Ah yes, utterly awful, that's it. To be honest, 2 was an utter mess - and everything it added had to be redone for Halo 3. The weapons, the new vehicles, the Brutes - pretty much all of it got a full overhaul in 3.

Finished Glasslands last night. Some BIG Halo 4 hints in that.
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Oct 2012 16:07:24 39,440 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ragnarok

What a pile of shi...seriously struggling now.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 1 October 2012 16:24:51
    A teabagging mech?! I WANT ONE!!

I'm curious as to what other vehicles they haven't announced yet. So far I've seen:

Mongoose
    Scorpion
    Ghost
    Banshee
    Mammoth
    Mantis
    Wraith
    Warthogs

As far as I know we're yet to see any flying UNSC vehicle, Covenant medium class or any Promethean vehicles.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 16:35:55
    @Yossarian

Watching a decent player really shows how good a job they've done. I love it's frenetic 'space ninja' pace.

Can't wait for this now.
  • oceanmotion 1 Oct 2012 16:41:14 15,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plasma pistol to the rescue. Sneaking up from behind is probably easy too, other enemies aside.
  • RedSparrows 1 Oct 2012 17:01:10 22,327 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a big target - can't hide behind things very easily. I expect a rocket or two, a laser shot, or even a few sniper rounds (if snips is as anti-vehicle as in Reach) would do it in. Or just focused rifle fire from cover.
  • Pumpatron 1 Oct 2012 20:26:56 374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some Mantis gameplay

linky
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:44:58
    Terrible. It looks more like gears of war.
    From the mp trailers I can safely say I will be playing halo 4 strictly for the campaign.
  • DFawkes 1 Oct 2012 22:00:55 22,812 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you sure you aren't accidentally watching trailers for other games? MP looks like Halo, and the people that've actually played it say it plays like Halo. Little bit of extra text, but that's about it. The Mantis hardly changes that, much like Sparrow says there are clear counters, just like there have always been for vehicles.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 1 October 2012 22:07:48
    Now there are perks, classes, sprinting, Mechs, dub step. It is all very in your face gears of war/cod.
  • RedSparrows 1 Oct 2012 22:20:06 22,327 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Terrible. It looks more like gears of war.
    From the mp trailers I can safely say I will be playing halo 4 strictly for the campaign.
    No, it looks more like Mechwarrior. They stole mechs off Gears.
  • thenastypasty 1 Oct 2012 22:24:32 5,180 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't be silly. As people have already said in this thread who have actually played the game it plays just like halo because... You know, it's halo.

All the videos I've seen of the MP make me want this more. Luckily we only have to wait another 4 and a bit weeks :-)
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 22:45:44
    Reach mp was not as good as 3 because of reasons the 4 seems to be expanding on. Why a game that sells 10 million units needs to move towards other franchises bemuses me.
  • thefilthandthefury 1 Oct 2012 22:52:42 24,988 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What killed Reach for me was the fact that it only seemed to have a handful of maps on rotation, even with the DLC. I got bored of playing the same three on loop very quickly.
  • RedSparrows 1 Oct 2012 22:56:11 22,327 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Reach mp was not as good as 3 because of reasons the 4 seems to be expanding on. Why a game that sells 10 million units needs to move towards other franchises bemuses me.
    You are concentrating on the superficial. By all accounts I have seen the MP is closer to 3 in all important respects: movement, speed, jumping, aiming, melee.

Just because a Mech is in it doesn't change the game mechanics. Is Halo Battlefield because it has tanks?
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 23:13:24
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    What killed Reach for me was the fact that it only seemed to have a handful of maps on rotation, even with the DLC. I got bored of playing the same three on loop very quickly.
    And the maps were terrible.
  • DFawkes 1 Oct 2012 23:37:34 22,812 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The DLC maps are actually pretty fantastic. Heck, a few of the built in ones are pretty good too, though admittedly they feel overused quite quickly and I've never felt there was a particularly strong map for Big Team Battle.

You'll rarely see the DLC ones unless you play customs though. They really need DLC playlists, or even one DLC playlist for all of them.

Edited by DFawkes at 23:39:30 01-10-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Yossarian 2 Oct 2012 07:23:16 8,401 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I expect a laser shot would do it in.
    Nope.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 07:35:21
    RedSparrows wrote:
    revan8 wrote:
    You are concentrating on the superficial. By all accounts I have seen the MP is closer to 3 in all important respects: movement, speed, jumping, aiming, melee.

Just because a Mech is in it doesn't change the game mechanics. Is Halo Battlefield because it has tanks?
    To be fair ever since mongeese were introduced I'm seen Halo as an Ozzy Osbourne simulator.
  • evilashchris 2 Oct 2012 07:40:48 6,971 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm going to be GREAT at Halo 4! Just you watch.

Twitter: @COToole

• GingerPixel 2 Oct 2012 08:25:36 222 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sprint is by far the most used AA, so why wouldn't they keep it? Also, the sandbox nature of Halo and having favourite weapons that people go for in the majority of matches means that halo has always had classes IMO. You just make then yourself.

The Mantis looks cool as fuck, as does everything else. I cannot wait.

Edited by GingerPixel at 08:28:33 02-10-2012
  • Derblington 2 Oct 2012 09:44:53 21,501 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because they've added sprint as a default to all players...
  • ronuds 2 Oct 2012 15:02:22 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have no problem with the addition of mechs. The vehicle itself is nothing original, unfortunately, but it doesn't step over any kind of boundaries Halo hasn't already stepped over.

I hope they put some in the campaign.

Edited by ronuds at 15:03:50 02-10-2012
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 15:06:39
    Not arsed here either. Just a vehicle addition which this time happens to be a mech, so what.

There's still no explanation for its apparent time spent at the ministry of silly walks, though. That mech does not look badass in the slightest!
  • RedSparrows 2 Oct 2012 16:58:10 22,327 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So the fucking ISPs are so fucking useless I have to wait until Nov 6th for my fucking internet to come back.

What's the fucking betting that the fucking thing won't work, leaving me Live-less when the biggest fucking MP game of the year is fucking released.
  • thenastypasty 2 Oct 2012 17:21:53 5,180 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didn't this happen last time a Halo game was released sparrow and you ended up playing at a friend house on release day?... Or I could be mistaken :confused:
  • Page

of 173 First / Last