Halo 4 Page 49

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 20:52:18
    Was kind of hoping for a change with a new developer. Silly of me as Microsoft don't want to lose their golden egg. After reading the eg article (written by edge) kind of depressed me and edge are halo fans. Halo 10 halo 2 9 halo 3 10.
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 20:54:27 9,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a lot wrong with FUD. A LOT. Like, for instance, Master Chief is laughably small - I mean, the guy's 7'2" in his armour, and a 6'8", as bulky as a decent sized WWE wrestler (think Taker's Attitude era or Batista) man under it all, so the skinny little runt in the film's laughable. But, it's something at least. IMO, they'd have been better reaching out to the people who did the animated movies, but I suppose even they were hardly stellar.

But hey, can't be worse than the Dead Space ones!
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 20:54:49
    But if you was casting director you should cast better. He or she should be fired. They seemed so obsessive about females that the squad leader was a liitle pretty thing and even the C/O was a pretty woman.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 20:55:01
    Mantis mechs in Valhalla. Someone pinch me. THAT IS AWESOME!!

Something to make the Scorpion it's bitch.
  • Ror1984 28 Sep 2012 21:06:03 3,428 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Daniel Cudmore might not be properly Chief-sized, but he's very, very far from a "skinny little runt".

To be fair to the casting people, there are plenty of examples of horrible casting out there. That doesn't absolve Forward Unto Dawn's decision makers of any poor choices, but it's nothing new. I'll just put it aside and try and enjoy the series. I'm quite looking forward to it myself.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 21:08:08
    The whole look of the Forward Until Dawn is wrong. The casting is questionable and the props look ridiculous, far too big.

I'll happily ignore it though. I'm not bothered about what happened 20 years ago.

In regards to Halo 4, I'm happy with more things being added to the sandbox. My biggest concern was whether it would be Halo enough. It seems to be that and then some. It looks to be in good hands, I'm hoping the next generation will bring the next big evolution in the series, but for me at least I'm happy to get a more Halo 3 style space ninja deathmatch at least after the more defensive focused (but still great) Reach.

Nothing really scratches that itch apart from more Halo really.
  • oceanmotion 28 Sep 2012 21:13:37 15,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Isn't the scorpion everyone's bitch.

I honestly can't remember it being that effective in multiplayer. Players usually make sure it's destroyed promptly.

Any details on the Mantis capabilities ?

Edited by oceanmotion at 21:14:52 28-09-2012
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 21:20:30 9,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh crikey, it's the guy who played Colossus in X-Men. Not skinny, no - but teen-sized muscle. John's a hulk of a man, augmented through some crazy processes to be built like, well, twice what he should be. And they've got some waif-like doe-eyed teen playing Kelly! What is this?!? Kelly's a badass, not some little innocent!

Arg. Might get the basic edition from Game now.
  • RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 21:27:27 22,911 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Valhalla WHAT

IS IT BACK?
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 21:28:16
    oceanmotion wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

I honestly can't remember it being that effective in multiplayer. Players usually make sure it's destroyed promptly.

Put a Scorpion on Hemorrhage and say that.

They had to be careful to put the Scorpion in dense levels as in anything else it is horrendously overpowered. I still have nightmares over the Reach launch period.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 21:29:49
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Valhalla WHAT

IS IT BACK?
    Yes, yes it is. It's now called Ragnorak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Arggqj7_k
  • RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 21:34:01 22,911 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    OMFG YES YES YES.
  • oceanmotion 28 Sep 2012 21:34:21 15,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FUD looks awful. Perhaps not aimed at some of the older players so younger fans might get something out of it.

Looking forward to the Halo 4 TV ad next week. They are usually good.

Lets look back.

Two for Halo 3

Love the two Halo 3 ads.

Halo CE demo. Sarge.

• RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 21:34:33 22,911 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Put a Scorpion on Hemorrhage and say that.

They had to be careful to put the Scorpion in dense levels as in anything else it is horrendously overpowered. I still have nightmares over the Reach launch period.
    More cos Hemorrhage is atrociously designed.
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 21:36:26 9,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ragnorok, as in the final battle of Norse legend (Valhalla being the feasting hall of the gods from the same legends). I'm assuming that's footage from EG Expo judging by the date and accents?
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 21:37:25
    Yeah there is that, although I find it quite fun with Wraith tanks. Not over and over and over and over again mind.
  • RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 21:40:49 22,911 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RagnafuckingWOOT!
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 21:40:51
    Mechs....Noooooo. its gears of war :(

John isn't one of those kids in the series, u don't see his face.
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 21:45:56 9,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, the series is set in the era of Contact: Harvest, so the S IIs are pretty grown up.

Looking back at those trailers... why couldn't the CG people behind Starry Night have done FUD?
  • oceanmotion 28 Sep 2012 21:50:04 15,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    343 Podcast and info

Late night listening.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 22:04:43
    Pumpatron wrote:
    Some flood mode footage.

Click me
    [Deckard1] Is it just me or are those graphics really bad? And what's with the big black artifact on the left hand side? [/Deckard1]
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 22:09:56
    I'm going away on November 7th, HAVE to complete it on launch day.

Should be interesting, hopefully not too long though. That is what I did on 3 and reach, 4 player all day sessions and they all take about 8 hours.

Won't do it on legendary this time though, that spoiled reach for me. Heroic was more fun.
  • thenastypasty 28 Sep 2012 22:12:33 5,183 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Valhalla WHAT

IS IT BACK?
    YES..I've just had a private tweet off Scott Warner...keep a look out for a lockout remake too :)
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 22:13:58 9,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    Pumpatron wrote:
    Some flood mode footage.

Click me
    [Deckard1] Is it just me or are those graphics really bad? And what's with the big black artifact on the left hand side? [/Deckard1]
    Few things:

1. That shotty looks NIIIIIIIIICE.
    2. Disappointed that the Flood limb's just a sword re-skin. Kinda hoped it be more unique.
    3. The models look a lot better in play than that original screencap that leaked.
  • Deckard1 28 Sep 2012 22:28:22 28,268 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    Pumpatron wrote:
    Some flood mode footage.

Click me
    You're a bit shit at this whole forum thing eh.

Edited by Deckard1 at 22:29:14 28-09-2012
  • Deleted user 29 September 2012 00:29:35
    Heh heh!
  • Yossarian 29 Sep 2012 08:48:32 8,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago

Watch someone good play Halo 4!
  • Deleted user 29 September 2012 09:16:41
    One more payday to go mother funsters.
  • ecureuil 29 Sep 2012 10:01:38 76,879 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    I'm going away on November 7th, HAVE to complete it on launch day.

Should be interesting, hopefully not too long though. That is what I did on 3 and reach, 4 player all day sessions and they all take about 8 hours.

Won't do it on legendary this time though, that spoiled reach for me. Heroic was more fun.
    No way! Reach on Legendary was amazing, and hands down one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. It's mostly the reason why I consider Reach to be the best in the series.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2012 10:11:00
    4 player reach was not fun. Last few levels turned into a grind where you had to play with too much caution which doesn't fit well with me being a Spartan.
    Or the way the re spawn worked you could just go in rambo and keep dying and just re spawn with a cautious team mate.
    On heroic it was a challenge but at the same time allowed some room for some bravado that didn't result in near instant death from s plasma rifle.
    On the last maybe three levels I wasn't even slightly enjoying it, was just waiting for the end so I could start it on heroic solo.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last