Halo 4 Page 48

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Deleted user 27 September 2012 22:58:16
    @Deckard1

If you honestly believe the game would ship with a frame rate like that you need to rethink your life.
  • RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 09:58:34 20,765 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From that 360achieves thread:

'Shit, I knew I shouldn't have watched the campaign B-roll. Now i can easily piece together the campaign. Going on blackout right now.'

Hmm.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 10:00:24
    Yeah, I didn't really get that either.
  • mcmonkeyplc 28 Sep 2012 10:33:14 38,927 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    I haaave! Team Deathmatch, can't remember the level name but there was a big ole laser thing firing in the centre of it.
    Just felt like Halo, no whopping annoying changes that I could see.
    Obvious improvements that hit me first were that the Graphics are a lot nicer than any previous Halo, and the battle rifle felt considerably easier to use.
    There was a death cam that could be quickly skipped, and ammo/kit drops that you could choose after 5 consecutive kills, but it didn't really alter the flow in any way.
    There was a new Promethean machine gun, with a big circular ammo clip, which seemed like an absolute beast of a weapon. If anything that might need toning down before release, as it seemed too easy to rack up loads of easy kills once you got hold of it.
    Excellent work.

We need more feedback to confirm how shit this really is.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 11:04:14 20,765 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sold on Infinity Slayer, or the white text, or loadouts: but the rest of MP looks great.

That Frank-Campaign clip looks cool also, with some suitably epic scenery at the end.
  • Deckard1 28 Sep 2012 11:19:32 25,495 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    @Deckard1

If you honestly believe the game would ship with a frame rate like that you need to rethink your life.
    If the frame rate of a game had any bearing on my life, that's when I'd start to rethink it.

Called it

• oceanmotion 28 Sep 2012 14:32:03 15,274 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Halo 4 has gone gold.

Edited by oceanmotion at 14:34:46 28-09-2012
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 14:52:31 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @oceanmotion

And yeah, that "I can piece the plot together" post is stupid. I mean, I actually can, but that's from seeing a lot more stuff and reading the books. Oh, and that script peek 343i "accidentally" let slip.

Edited by sanctusmortis at 14:55:20 28-09-2012
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 14:55:49 6,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If they chuck generic, grey forge maps into normal rotation again like in Reach, then I'm going to burn something down.

Haven't decided what yet.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 15:09:58
    Just watched forward unto dawn trailer and cadet videos. Why do they insist on casting pretty slim petite woman in these things? Seems like half the cast are these and from the looks of the trailer they are some kind of odst troops. Just makes it look all 90210 and ruins the vibe.

Apart from that it actually looks good.
  • sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 15:12:11 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From the Red vs Blue panel videos I've seen, the Forge maps are totally separate from the normal multiplayer maps. There's 3, IIRC, and they're all as big as Forgeworld was in Reach. Here's a walkthrough:

RE the Forward Unto Dawn video: IIRC this is the Spartan IVs in the academy. Might be IIIs. Both were a lot younger than the I and IIs (Chief's a II)

Edited by sanctusmortis at 15:14:49 28-09-2012
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 15:12:14
    Deckard1 wrote:
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    @Deckard1

If the frame rate of a game had any bearing on my life, that's when I'd start to rethink it.
    Phew. In that case you'll be okay.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 15:48:14 6,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't played properly on my Xbox in a long time. PC gaming has taken over for a while now, and I was not even going to get Halo 4.

But there's just something about Halo. Playing BF3 on PC is spectacular, and full of amazing real scenes that would be setpieces in other games. Regardless, all my most fun, and most memorable gaming moments have come from Halo.

So erm, HALO! I don't even know when it is out!

Get bent.

• Ror1984 28 Sep 2012 15:56:34 2,121 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    RE the Forward Unto Dawn video: IIRC this is the Spartan IVs in the academy. Might be IIIs. Both were a lot younger than the I and IIs (Chief's a II)
    They're just standard infantry cadets as far as I'm aware. Forward Unto Dawn is set only a few years into the Spartan III program, so those kids would be about 10.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 15:56:56 20,765 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BF is like Halo, but with boring weapons and player movement.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 16:04:35
    Nah, BF3's weapons feel brilliant, and so does the heft and weight of movement. Both very different to Halo's, but just as polished and refined all the same. There's room for both games in my life, although I've migrated to pc for my military shooter fix.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 16:05:27
    Player movement in bf3 much better than halo.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 16:11:16 6,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Legging it across the battlefield, hopping over fences, ducking between bombarded building whilst seeing jets flying through the air and inevitable crashing and burning is unrivalled, from a spectacle standpoint.

Halo is amazing, but in a totally different way, hence why like someone just said, there's room for both.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 16:19:23
    revan8 wrote:
    Player movement in bf3 much better than halo.
    I can't agree with that. As much as I love BF3's movement and shooting mechanics, I would not choose them over Halo's, if forced.

Anyway, Crysis 2 has them both beat in that regard. Negotiating the vertical environments and shooting the firearms in that game is a thrill and an absolute pleasure.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 16:22:07 28-09-2012
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 16:42:32
    See, I LOVE halo and one of the only things I dislike is the movement. It has no feel to it, it is like you are floating over the ground and are playing on the moon.
    Bf3 feels like mirrors edge and has real weight to all your actions.

On a separate note. It must be age but I no longer love the grunts, found them funny in halo ce ten years ago but back then it wasn't as serious a tone.
    Don't think it would fit any longer if you tagged one and they shouted "oh no, not me again."
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 16:56:13 6,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halo's relative seriousness has always been at odds with its colour palette. But hey, at least it isn't grey and brown.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 17:00:06
    I completely appreciate what you're saying about the Mirrors Edge-style movement of BF3 and I too have often wondered what Halo might be like it it went down that route, but the reality and truth is the "floaty" heft of Halo is a fundamental part of what makes Halo a hugely emergent experience as opposed to a tightly controlled mechanical one. In Halo, the player takes aim - with reliable accuracy - on the ground, in the air and sometimes whilst urgently pivoting down on a target - even as the aiming player leaps onto an offscreen ledge, rock or walkway; the movement mechanics allow for killing and platforming on fly - something BF3 does not. In that game, you either take aim at an enemy or you climb over a wall. Halo on the other hand allows and encourages both actions at the same time.

That's why Halo is unique and it's also the reason I get annoyed with CoD heads who don't seem to have the ability to discern and appreciate such finely tuned spontaneous gameplay design.

Edited by CaptainQuint at 17:01:33 28-09-2012
  • RedSparrows 28 Sep 2012 17:16:57 20,765 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    By boring I meant: you can't move around a map like you can in Halo. Jumping, running, nah. The jump alone is integral. Arena style.

By boring weapons, I mean they're all real world and there's no plasma balls and big green explosions.

Scientific, innit.
  • Lukus 28 Sep 2012 17:37:43 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    revan8 wrote:

On a separate note. It must be age but I no longer love the grunts, found them funny in halo ce ten years ago but back then it wasn't as serious a tone.
    Don't think it would fit any longer if you tagged one and they shouted "oh no, not me again."
    Nah, they're still funny. One of the many things I love about the first game in fact. They give it more character and charm.

Paintings & Photographs

• sanctusmortis 28 Sep 2012 18:01:22 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to admit, it looks like the bits of humour are gone. Anyone else remember first discovering the surround sound test in Halo 2?

• Pumpatron 28 Sep 2012 18:17:08 358 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some flood mode footage.

Click me
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 20:20:11
    Ror1984 wrote:
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    They're just standard infantry cadets as far as I'm aware. Forward Unto Dawn is set only a few years into the Spartan III program, so those kids would be about 10.
    but they all look so terrible. All pretty little things, just looks wrong
  • camerondakers 28 Sep 2012 20:31:57 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aw its going to be a good game :)
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 20:32:49
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    I completely appreciate what you're saying about the Mirrors Edge-style movement of BF3 and I too have often wondered what Halo might be like it it went down that route, but the reality and truth is the "floaty" heft of Halo is a fundamental part of what makes Halo a hugely emergent experience as opposed to a tightly controlled mechanical one. In Halo, the player takes aim - with reliable accuracy - on the ground, in the air and sometimes whilst urgently pivoting down on a target - even as the aiming player leaps onto an offscreen ledge, rock or walkway; the movement mechanics allow for killing and platforming on fly - something BF3 does not. In that game, you either take aim at an enemy or you climb over a wall. Halo on the other hand allows and encourages both actions at the same time.

That's why Halo is unique and it's also the reason I get annoyed with CoD heads who don't seem to have the ability to discern and appreciate such finely tuned spontaneous gameplay design.
    Good point well made.
  • Ror1984 28 Sep 2012 20:50:31 2,121 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @revan8 I agree, but that's casting, I guess.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Page

of 173 First / Last