• Blerk Moderator 14 Sep 2007 12:28:21 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a bit like Event Horizon.

Note to EA: IT'S NOT ABOUT THE COMBAT!
  • Blerk Moderator 14 Sep 2007 12:29:35 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No formats mentioned, by the way. But I imagine it'll be usual next-gen tag-team combo.
  • pjmaybe 14 Sep 2007 12:29:46 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Given EA's recent run of form, this might end up being brilliant.

Not at all an image inspired by Bioshock there though. Oh no, not at all :)

Peej
  • sport 14 Sep 2007 12:31:01 12,816 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    whats with the welders helmet?
  • UncleLou Moderator 14 Sep 2007 12:31:08 35,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The generic alien zombies in the background already look a bit crap.
  • pjmaybe 14 Sep 2007 12:42:11 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    I presume this is for 360/PS3?

/Awaits next shite Boogie type game on WIi announcement.

C'mon, at least you get MySims :)

Peej
  • Deleted user 14 September 2007 13:54:19
    Games company in derivative design shock.

Must try harder to not be Bioshock. But still, as long as it's proper scary and not jump-out-at-you annoying, then boorreelleeaant.

edit - bwahaha! "Renegade" team at EA. Brings to mind all sorts of images... very Brazil.
  • ballz 14 Sep 2007 14:39:37 496 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What this game needs, in no particular order:

1) Some dude jumping out of an airlock wearing nothing but pyjamas - you have to cruise through space badass-style, catch him and fly back into the airlock before his eyes decompress

2) Some random crazy man turning up frequently all burnt up and shit, shouting "Miller!! You left me to die!! Mofo!"

3) Some little kid hugging a teddy bear, running round with a load of rats going "They come at night. Mostly...". Then getting eaten by some huge monster

4) Just when you think you've escaped, you find the biggest, baddest alien climbing up the exhaust pipe of the ship

5) No conventional weapons, but some hardcore mining equipment. And a rivet gun. And maybe a flamethrower

6) An alien eating a dog. Or impregnating it with more aliens

7) No space marines

8) An android that goes around stabbing peoples fingers at the dinner table

*SPOILER*
    Oh yeah, you probably shouldn't read the above if you haven't seen Event Horizon or the Alien films.
  • pjmaybe 14 Sep 2007 14:41:34 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ballz wrote:

1) Some dude jumping out of an airlock wearing nothing but pyjamas - you have to cruise through space badass-style, catch him and fly back into the airlock before his eyes decompress

2) Some random crazy man turning up frequently all burnt up and shit, shouting "Miller!! You left me to die!! Mofo!"

3) Some little kid hugging a teddy bear, running round with a load of rats going "They come at night. Mostly...". Then getting eaten by some huge monster

4) Just when you think you've escaped, you find the biggest, baddest alien climbing up the exhaust pipe of the ship

5) No conventional weapons, but some hardcore mining equipment. And a rivet gun. And maybe a flamethrower

7) No space marines

*SPOILER*
    Oh yeah, you probably shouldn't read the above if you haven't seen Event Horizon or the Alien films.

Some game company - sign this bloke! Stat!

Peej
  • Blerk Moderator 14 Sep 2007 14:52:41 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do you really want gimped up conversions of 360/PS3 games, though? Given the power difference between the machines, you can rarely hope to get the same games. And given that the 360/PS3 thrive on 'traditional' games, that's pretty much where most of them are going to be targetted.

If you want to play this kind of stuff then you're really going to need another machine as well as your Wii.
  • Deleted user 14 September 2007 15:17:34
    pjmaybe wrote:
    ballz wrote:

7) No space marines

*SPOILER*

Some game company - sign this bloke! Stat!

Peej

You need to add -

9) Lonely science crew meet shape changing alien lifeform that - wait for it - TAKES OVER THEIR BODIES!

10) A section where you're hunted by an alien... er... hunter!

11) A bit at the end where you're enveloped by the sun as Sam Neill's younger brother comes after you!

etc. etc.
  • WrongShui 14 Sep 2007 15:20:16 6,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ballz wrote:

All I want to do is say why this wouldn't happen.

I'm such a nerd.
  • ballz 14 Sep 2007 15:29:33 496 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    ballz wrote:

I'm such a nerd.

Just go with it. If its good enough for Morpheus, its good enough for you
  • ballz 24 Sep 2007 14:10:37 496 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Official Site for those who like their sci-fi less all-american, gung-ho etc.
  • sport 24 Sep 2007 14:30:25 12,816 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    ballz wrote:

I'm such a nerd.

one things for sure, you shouldn't scream because, you know, no one can hear you...
  • Blerk Moderator 10 Oct 2007 09:06:28 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    IGN preview.
  • absolutezero 27 Oct 2007 21:11:13 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5563.html

Teasers.
  • Feanor 27 Oct 2007 21:22:27 14,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think this looks pretty good. TWT.
  • jozz 27 Oct 2007 21:43:09 4,871 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does scary in videogames always have to equal wandering around in environments ranging from completely pitch black to middling dinge :(

I'm pretty sure the horrible monsters are self-confident enough to rip your face off with the lights on.
  • Feanor 27 Oct 2007 21:53:19 14,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I found the dark parts of HL2 Ep. 1 to be pretty un-fun.
  • matrim83 27 Oct 2007 22:33:12 5,597 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jozz wrote:
    Does scary in videogames always have to equal wandering around in environments ranging from completely pitch black to middling dinge :(

I'm pretty sure the horrible monsters are self-confident enough to rip your face off with the lights on.

+1

Is there anyone who likes walking around in the dark in a Survival horror game?

Oh look we have all the power of the new consoles, fantastic engine and some truly creepy characters but you will only be seeing them in a four inch diameter circle of your flashlight. Have fun.

Valar morghulis.

• OutpostCommand 14 Jul 2008 00:19:15 366 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im actually begining to get really psyched about this game.
    It looks like a really solid horror shooter -- like something which Bioshock shouldve been.

Also, has anyone seen the comic-strip-thingy videos ? They bloody rock, in my opinion !

Episode zero (a kind of intro): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY_UE8TkkPg
    Episode one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Ig438LpBE
    Episode two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99yHtqqT0Gs
    Episode three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2_mVw7Oidc
  • OutpostCommand 14 Jul 2008 00:26:22 366 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aha, didnt know that.
    Im just hoping EA dont fuck this one up -- this really could be a great game.
  • ecu 14 Jul 2008 00:32:43 77,338 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Does the weapons have an ammo count though? I think I looked at one of the videos and I got the impression that it had unlimited ammo.

Maybe just for demo purposes?
  • OutpostCommand 14 Jul 2008 00:37:05 366 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From the developer interviews ive seen, the ammo count will be kept particularly low, to keep that "oh SHIT" feeling constant throughout the game.
    This, I think is a very wise design decision.
  • ecu 14 Jul 2008 00:37:15 77,338 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I expect this game to disappoint. I just know they'll make some really silly gameplay choice that seems like a good idea on the drawing board, but actually doesn't work well for a survival horror. They'll probably make it really easy or something, thus killing all the suspense.
  • elredeyegrande 14 Jul 2008 00:41:16 2,382 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, definitely one of those game I'm keeping at arm's length. It looks amazing in places, but I can't help but feel it'll turn out a bit crap.

If it does turn out good, at least I'll have nice little surprise.
  • Page

of 67 First / Last

Previous