SHOPTO appreciation thread Page 2

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• dunny 26 Sep 2007 08:52:52 439 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone had their copy Halo 3 delivered from Shopto yet? Didn't realise you have to sign for the package- i'm at work now meaning it'll sit in a depot for a while before i can play it. Hassle!

Curses, i should have just bought it from the high street at lunch today....
  • mrharvest 26 Sep 2007 09:00:07 5,194 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I assumed my copy would have been here yesterday since they dispatched it on Sunday. I do hope the postie brings it around today as I've got Wednesdays off...
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 09:00:10
    dunny wrote:
    Has anyone had their copy Halo 3 delivered from Shopto yet? Didn't realise you have to sign for the package- i'm at work now meaning it'll sit in a depot for a while before i can play it. Hassle!

Curses, i should have just bought it from the high street at lunch today....
    Would have been cheaper too.

I ordered last week and haven't had it yet. Sitting at home waiting for the buzzer but I have to go out at 10. :(

Should have bloody well been here yesterday as well, lazy fucking Royal Mail.
  • moggsy 26 Sep 2007 11:01:34 3,860 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "SHOPTO appreciation thread" - WTF!

I still don't appreciate the fact that I'm out of pocket to the tune of 4.50 + postage for returning a still sealed game to them. Igor's attitude?

'The Distance Selling Regulations 2000 does not apply to our terms and condition.'

o_O
  • Machiavel 26 Sep 2007 11:05:28 5,964 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shopto has great prices, but don't expect to be able to trade them in if they're European rated. :(

(though it's not a bad thing to have to keep Bioshock)
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 11:06:03 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr Harvest wrote:
    I assumed my copy would have been here yesterday since they dispatched it on Sunday. I do hope the postie brings it around today as I've got Wednesdays off...

They didn't dispatch sunday, they picked and packaged and had it ready for dispatch on monday.

My Limited edition one came scratched on Tuesday, asked for a refund and they said to post it to them and they'll have it fixed and repaired, which I can get done at my local gamestation.

Rather have a refund.
  • richardiox 26 Sep 2007 11:50:31 5,585 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone else receive theirs today or still waiting? I'm waiting on royal mail delivering a parcel from another company was expectiing it Monday but still nothing. They are so efficient it hurts.
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 12:54:06 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shopto won't refund me, those fuck faces.

So what leg do I have to stand on here? They sent me a broken game and will only replace it? Anything I can do?
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 13:06:46
    If it was scratched, they should replace it, they really should. I thought you said they offered to 'fix it'? Which is it? Replace or fix? A replacement should be fine, surely?

I know it's MS's fault for shipping shoddy cases, but you bought it from Shopto so it's Shopto's problem which they have to then address with MS. It's not like you got it cheaper so you can cut them a break. I'd press for a replacement, just as every other online retailer would do. Seriously, why would you want them to 'sand it down' in their 'machine'?

Don't get angry with them, be polite and very firm. Insist on speaking to Igor on the phone if you haven't already, and ask why you're being penalised for a game arriving scratched?
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 13:09:13
    moggsy wrote:

I still don't appreciate the fact that I'm out of pocket to the tune of 4.50 + postage for returning a still sealed game to them. Igor's attitude?

'The Distance Selling Regulations 2000 does not apply to our terms and condition.'

o_O
    How, exactly, do they shrug off that law? I'm sure you can't just evade a law simply by saying in your small print that you don't respect that particular law and won't abide by it when presented with it. Any lawyers round here??
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 13:09:40 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't want a replacement, I want a refund.

I'd have to send it off tomorrow and I wouldn't get a copy till Monday when I could walk into town now and buy it.
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 13:09:56
    Machiavel wrote:
    Shopto has great prices, but don't expect to be able to trade them in if they're European rated. :(

(though it's not a bad thing to have to keep Bioshock)
    Both Bioshock and Halo 3 were UK copies when I got them from Shopto.
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 13:10:53
    WrongShui wrote:
    I don't want a replacement, I want a refund.

I'd have to send it off tomorrow and I wouldn't get a copy till Monday when I could walk into town now and buy it.
    Why does he say he won't refund? Surely he HAS to? How do they get away with charging a re-stocking fee even if you've not opened something, incidentally? 14 Day Cool-off not apply to videogames or something?
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 13:14:17 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.shopto.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1650

That why they won't refund, apparently they don't have to.
  • Lovemoose 26 Sep 2007 13:17:10 999 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    http://www.shopto.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1650

That why they won't refund, apparently they don't have to.

Well, correct or not, the incredibly smug tone of the post doesn't endear them, does it?

twitter: @chockey

• WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 13:19:54 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bullshit, so pissed off.
  • dunny 26 Sep 2007 14:30:29 439 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So has anyone had Halo 3 delivered by shopto today then?
  • Phattso Moderator 26 Sep 2007 14:31:43 13,308 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got mine from ShopTo yesterday.
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 14:33:02 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mine came yesterday.
  • dunny 26 Sep 2007 14:34:50 439 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darn it! i didn't have a 'not delivered' note through my door...
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 15:00:26 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shopto wrote:
    I have to be honest I have regretted to come in office over the week end and ship your copy to you. !!

Hows that for a reply?
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 15:19:17
    Wow, well, considering they previously sent out foreign editions of games (I've heard that before on these forums) and are obviously adamant in the face of the law otherwise not to refund you, I'm not using them in future. Especially the way they also use unpaid employees to deal with the public and their CEO not only can't present himself properly on a forum he provides.

As ever I notice forumites stepping up to misguidedly defend their actions, too. Hope you get your refund, WS.
  • JYM60 26 Sep 2007 15:26:10 16,813 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When do new release orders from Play.com usually arrive?

Ordered Fifa08 off them and if it doesn't arrive on Friday I will definately be useing someone else next time.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 15:39:06 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im not gonna take them to court, I really cant be arsed with the hassel, if needs be ill just take a replacement and never touch the fuckers again with an occasional bump in this thread to point out they are tossers.
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 15:53:58
    squarejawhero wrote:

As ever I notice forumites stepping up to misguidedly defend their actions, too.
    On this forum or that one?
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 16:05:23 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think he meant theres.

I cba to deal with it, ill use Microsoft disc swap and never think of these cunts again.
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 16:13:41
    WrongShui wrote:
    I think he meant theres.

I cba to deal with it, ill use Microsoft disc swap and never think of these cunts again.
    Their attitude on this front has been shit. We didn't ASK them to go and work on their days off to get the packages out. Igor has been bandying that excuse "woe is me!" and unhappy faces :( all over his fucking forum this week, occasionally telling everyone that yet another customer has shouted at him over the phone about getting dented tins and scratched discs like it's his fault.

It seems that as a business, they're getting hit with the costs of MS's packaging errors but, equally, sending prized tin boxes out in floppy jiffy bags wasn't the wisest of moves on their part. So I can understand Igor being reluctant to fork over new copies of the game to everyone with scratches, especially now MS are taking responsibility and replacing them to consumers, but his attitude to the law as most of us understand it in terms of replacements, restocking fees, returns in general, is absolutely appalling.
  • Phattso Moderator 26 Sep 2007 16:23:44 13,308 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not (interested in) falling on one side of this argument or another, but it's worth pointing out that ShopTo is a tiny tiny business. And as with all small businesses, their ability to deal with large scale returns is slight at best. Online companies especially are notorious for being a bit shit when things go wrong (even the might play.com have fucked me around before now).

Bottom line: if you want low risk purchases, don't go with a one-man-band. Go with an established name.

I feel for those of you that can't get refunds, but I suppose it's a lesson learned. Had it happened to me, I'd simply have taken the replacement and waited - but then my days of needing to play a game on day one have long since passed. In my rabid gaming days I'd have been fuming at this.

The fallout for ShopTo could well be the loss of a lot of long term business, and only time will tell if that's worth more than not simply refunding people now.

But make no mistake: this Igor fellow is running a business. Normally that means his business is best served by keeping people happy with decent prices and next-day delivery. Today, for the business, it meant seemingly fucking people over.
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 16:28:58 6,613 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Today, for the business, it meant seemingly fucking people over.

With pissy snide engrish comments too!

I won't take a replacement, the fault is with the tin its self failing to hold the disc, If I went for the replacement I could just be in the same place.

But fuck it, lesson learnt, these guys are bastards.
  • moggsy 26 Sep 2007 16:32:47 3,860 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Owen-B wrote:
    moggsy wrote:

o_O
    How, exactly, do they shrug off that law? I'm sure you can't just evade a law simply by saying in your small print that you don't respect that particular law and won't abide by it when presented with it. Any lawyers round here??

You can't - but according to Igor you can! What's amusing is that their Terms & Conditions do actually state the law (7 day cooling of period etc) but they have an extra Returns Policy bit which Igor says overrides the T&C's which blatantly flouts the law (4.50 restock fee for software, 35 for hardware).

I've been in touch with Trading Standards and they're going to have a word with him but there is nothing they can do to get me a full refund - even though they admit he's fully in the wrong. The only course of action I have left is to take him to the small claims court.
  • Page

of 39 First / Last